When are you going to adress smurfing on console

General Discussion
When? I'm tired of top 500s playing in diamond and master and squashing and us all or throwing cuz they don't care... This is ridiculous!
Blame sony, not Blizzard. There really isn't anything they can do, mostly because they don't try hard enough. Many other games get past this sony/microsoft barrier just fine, why is blizzard different?
masters should be able to fight against top 500s (unless there using keyboard and mouse that's different)
02/20/2018 04:46 AMPosted by SPGG
masters should be able to fight against top 500s (unless there using keyboard and mouse that's different)

Smurfing my dude!
Top 500s making a smurf and fighting against people lower than their skill and dominating.
02/20/2018 04:46 AMPosted by SirDerpz
Blame sony, not Blizzard. There really isn't anything they can do, mostly because they don't try hard enough. Many other games get past this sony/microsoft barrier just fine, why is blizzard different?

I'd like to know the answer to that as well???
Why doesn't blizzard take action and contact Sony and figure out a way? Why do you not listen to your console base? Did we not pay for the game? Do we not buy loot boxes? Why would you invest so much in this game and not make sure everyone playing it has a good experience????
Smurfing is not a bannable offense so why should anything be done about it?
02/20/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Gryphodon

Have you played competitive on console?
As I always said
If you come across this type of player, then is better to learn from the experience of fighting against him.
See the light in the darkness my friend.
02/20/2018 05:13 AMPosted by ZekeShining
As I always said
If you come across this type of player, then is better to learn from the experience of fighting against him.
See the light in the darkness my friend.

What? Thanks Gandhi but that won't make ppl throwing on their smurfs on console go away
Sorry to say but this is really in the hands of Sony, and no way in hell are they going to risk potential negative press just for banning people who play the game on multiple accounts
PC players have to buy another copy of the game to smurf. Console players do not. They just have to create a new account on their console which is registered with any email and as long as one version of the game has been bought, it can then be played by all those accounts.

This is not something Blizzard has any control of. It has everything to do with Sony/MS game sharing policies. I make good use of this policy, I pay $70/year for my Xbox live gold and I only have to buy one version of every game so that both my bf and I can enjoy the same game. Rather than play them separately, we can now enjoy games together, be they pvp games or online co-op games. It saves families a lot of money, and it's a good policy.

With that said, what they can do to minimize the amount of smurfing, is instead of allowing accounts to be created with emails (which can be almost infinite), is to force any new accounts to be tied to a working phone number. They text you a pin or code to that phone number and you use that code to register the account. To be clear, I'm not a fan of this idea, I'm fine with how it currently is, I've not noticed smurfs, but since it does appear to be a growing issue, I think this policy change would allow for the game sharing aspect on consoles to remain, while minimizing the amount of free accounts someone can make.
02/20/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Eversong
02/20/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Gryphodon

Yes, and I don't care about the smurfs
02/20/2018 04:46 AMPosted by SPGG

Agreed, just played against number 377 who was a Tracer/Genji main and won.
02/20/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Gryphodon
02/20/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Eversong

Yes, and I don't care about the smurfs

Then what are you doing in this thread?
02/20/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Eversong
02/20/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Gryphodon
...Yes, and I don't care about the smurfs

Then what are you doing in this thread?

Obviously he's saying that there's nothing that should be done, otherwise this thread would be nothing more than an inaccurate echo chamber.