Another Plat in a bronze game

General Discussion
How can you allow this to happen over and over again Blizzard? You have players that are trying their best to get out of the lowest rank in the game. Then some person comes along that for the last x number of season was PLat or higher, and some how, (we all know how) they become so bad at the game that they are now in bronze. And then what happens? They team up with their bronze player friend and destroy the other team.

You have to be able to see this happening, with all the stats, and all the things you can go back and review, this is an easy catch. Hell, I can spot them easy just by looking at the previous seasons stats.

This is awful for players at lower ranks, and not doing anything just tells us that you don't care.
Sometimes in a multiplayer game you are going to run into players better than you.
02/20/2018 05:30 AMPosted by kleanupman
Sometimes in a multiplayer game you are going to run into players better than you.

They are 3 elo grades of difference that doesn't make sense.
I got a game like that in my placements .
Got 2 bronzes for me
2 plats for my opponents
Not normal.

It will be the same as masters in gold
It must suck in bronze. When I was plat I would sometimes have to play against Masters but it was only 1 or 2 guys so we could compensate with better teamwork but in bronze... Does teamwork even exist?
02/20/2018 05:08 AMPosted by MrGarrison
How can you allow this to happen over and over again Blizzard? You have players that are trying their best to get out of the lowest rank in the game. Then some person comes along that for the last x number of season was PLat or higher, and some how, (we all know how) they become so bad at the game that they are now in bronze. And then what happens? They team up with their bronze player friend and destroy the other team.

You have to be able to see this happening, with all the stats, and all the things you can go back and review, this is an easy catch. Hell, I can spot them easy just by looking at the previous seasons stats.

This is awful for players at lower ranks, and not doing anything just tells us that you don't care.
You're in mid gold though ,how would you know this happened in a bronze game ? Suddenly climbed two tiers ?
02/20/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Alhaitham

You're in mid gold though ,how would you know this happened in a bronze game ? Suddenly climbed two tiers ?

Plot twist: OP is the plat player in Bronze.

lmao, EXPOSED
There's probably not enough bronze players in queue at the time
02/20/2018 05:30 AMPosted by kleanupman

by blizzard's rules, smurfing with the intention of stomping lower ranks or purposely deranking to stomp lower ranks is wrong.

not necessarily the same action since they're using a valid rule to do this, but still pretty scummy. The Plat is going to outclass their opponents nine times out of ten. Maybe the queue gap needs to be lowered.

(you can improve by playing against players more skilled than you. but-- when you learn to ride a bike, you don't always go straight to the bike. Sometimes, you need training wheels.)
02/20/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Searaphim
It must suck in bronze. When I was plat I would sometimes have to play against Masters but it was only 1 or 2 guys so we could compensate with better teamwork but in bronze... Does teamwork even exist?

it's pretty bad in low gold, you get diamond players and if they're not playing mercy it's pretty much a sure win for whatever team they are on.

I have different accounts. And I only just placed in gold in this account.
So, blizzard has recently made an update that higher level ranks must be within a pretty tight SR rating for matching purposes. They also made SR gains/losses of higher ranks to pure win/loss, removing skill based gains.

They are completely ignoring the other 50% of the game when it comes to changes. It's like we don't exist.

A Plat player should never be queue in a bronze game, that's stupid if it happens, and clearly points to laziness of the people in charge of making the competitive experience fair and balanced.

Also, if it was such a violation to derank yourself to either poo on lower level, or to boost your buddies, why does it happen so often? I was in a game not long ago with a genji on the other team that for the first 5 season they were GM. In season 6 they went from Masters to bronze with 92 Hours played. They literally ruined our game. We could not compete. His ult was up every second, and the kill feed look like Genji, Genji, Genji, Genji, Genji, Genji. It was easy to spot what happened for everyone but Blizzard.
02/20/2018 05:42 AMPosted by VitamiX

lmao, EXPOSED

You're an idiot along with the other guy... I have multiple accounts. Since your being inspector gadget here, you'll see that I only JUST placed into gold. I have my own issue why my two accounts are so different in ranking, but that's another thread.
This happens at every rank, Bronze isn't special.

GM players smurf in Bronze.
GM player smurf in Master.
Plat players smurf in Silver.
Plat players smurf in Bronze.

Better players own smurfs, the rank they end up playing in isn't a common trend.
02/20/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Searaphim

Sometimes it looks like team work, but it's really just herding cats at that level.
02/20/2018 08:59 AMPosted by ĔǾŊ

Better players own smurfs, the rank they end up playing in isn't a common trend.

There is a difference between "smurfing" a bronze account, then de-ranking yourself into bronze. One is easy to spot, and is the context of my thread, the other relies on anecdotal evidence.
02/20/2018 09:01 AMPosted by MrGarrison
02/20/2018 08:59 AMPosted by ĔǾŊ

There is a difference between "smurfing" a bronze account, then de-ranking yourself into bronze. One is easy to spot, and is the context of my thread, the other relies on anecdotal evidence.
What is the difference when the smurf/deranker is trying to win? If they just placed their alt in Silver for example and if another person deranked there, why does it matter how they got there if they're rolling your team?
Hey guys remember that one time silvers and bronzes were able to get into Platinum+ skill floors?

Haha. Good times, right?
people not reporting them for intentional downranking thats why blizzard cant do anything about it, ive reported people and theyve gotten banned for it (i dont report many people so when i get a message i usually have a good idea of who got punished) blizzard cant act on something if nobody reports them. you cant expect blizzard to check stats of every player, it has to be brought to their attention