Arrge gets reported by streamsnipers and banned.

General Discussion
enemy players report arrge because they dont like him and gets him banned. Arrge is a streamer and get a lot of streamsnipers or haters who report him every game because they don't like him, not because he doesn't co-operate with the team. He just recently got 24 hours suspension and now he got 48 hours suspension. https://clips.twitch.tv/TubularPrettiestSheepOMGScoots

and here is the clip he got banned after reaching top 500:
https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterKitschyCheeseStoneLightning
Blizzard needs to find a way to address this. It seems like this is getting worse and worse.
So messed up.
Off meta hero onetricks still getting suspended despite Jeff saying it doesn't warrant a report and false reporting is bannable.
I was thinking that maybe if a person gets put on a ban list like Arrge, than people who play games with this player who didnt report them get a message asking if the reports are justified. If a certain number of players testify against the ban, than they don't get banned. Would that sort out false reporting issues like this?
Well, That's not very nice.

Reporting a dude just because you don't like them... This is what we said would happen. Their new report system would get abused, did they listen? Well...

Reporting someone just because you don't like them isn't a valid reason.
02/13/2018 03:48 PMPosted by TheSheriff
So messed up.
Off meta hero onetricks still getting suspended despite Jeff saying it doesn't warrant a report and false reporting is bannable.

What's the deal with their report system? Is it just automated to the point where once it hits a numeric threshold it bans someone?
honestly top 500 players should be immune to auto bans

they should be looked into manually
02/13/2018 03:49 PMPosted by FuzzyMuffler
I was thinking that maybe if a person gets put on a ban list like Arrge, than people who play games with this player who didnt report them get a message asking if the reports are justified. If a certain number of players testify against the ban, than they don't get banned. Would that sort out false reporting issues like this?

It depends.

If it's fully automated, then a premade group could do whatever they wanted and testify any reports they get. It could only work with real people evaluating the reports and game data.
He can message the blizzard community guy (for lack of better word, sorry) on twitter with evidence and get the trolls banned. He is a link to his twitter.

https://twitter.com/GriffinWB
lol a rude reminder that this is a game and not something to become "professional" in
Jesus christ.... Suspended again??? WTF! Hes not even a real one trick! He can flex really well and honestly his hanzo is just godlike. Something needs to be done about this reporting abuse.
Working as intended, indeed. ._.
02/13/2018 03:52 PMPosted by SilentStorm

Every player should be immune to auto bans.

They should all be looked into manually.

So long as the reporting system remains automated, things like this will continue to happen.
02/13/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Comixfan
02/13/2018 03:52 PMPosted by SilentStorm

Every player should be immune to auto bans.

They should all be looked into manually.

So long as the reporting system remains automated, things like this will continue to happen.

Exactly. There was a game I played that had automated bans. For a few days. Because guess what? THIS happened.

I love how Blizzard will talk about solutions rather than fixing them though. Still, if I wanted to bring it to the attention of Blizzard, I'd not be here. I'd be on Reddit. Amazing how many game developers use that instead. Still, I don't blame them. Reddit's actually moderated.
The first clip is from ironaids stream he was on the other team and it happens before the match starts. It is definitive evidence that arrge was falsely banned and the devs need to ban the accounts of osmonautti and whoever else reported him from that game.
How is it ok for blizzard to ban people who have paid for the game and not broken any rules?? Even not banning anyone at all is preferable since then at least they will not be denying service to lawful costumers.
How does stream sniping even work, I don't understand...do they add the streamer as a friend and hope they accept, then invite them to a group and hope they accept? I am not understanding how a stream sniper can get into a streamer's specific game
02/13/2018 05:35 PMPosted by athena
How does stream sniping even work, I don't understand...do they add the streamer as a friend and hope they accept, then invite them to a group and hope they accept? I am not understanding how a stream sniper can get into a streamer's specific game
I think its more like you are watching a player streaming there game, a guy goes "Hey X player is stupid we should get him banned" , then him and his followers all log into overwatch and send reports , enough reports triggers the ban system and pow hes out of the game.

at least that's how i believe it works.
The problem is that their is no punishment for those false reporting others. That is why overwatch players do it so freely, because their is no backlash.
02/13/2018 04:17 PMPosted by DolanDuck
He can message the blizzard community guy (for lack of better word, sorry) on twitter with evidence and get the trolls banned. He is a link to his twitter.

https://twitter.com/GriffinWB
actually Arrge talked with blizzard support and they won't unban his account even if people were abusing the report system.. I think they don't even care if he got banned even if he did nothing wrong.. what can he do? he get streamsnipers and haters every day.. there is no way he can protect himself from reports.. and next ban will probably be a week.. a month or even perma-ban because some idiots kept reporting him at the start of the game because they don't like him.