Lucio PTR Feedback

PTR Feedback
Now, not only does EMP COMPLETELY destroy his ult, but now when hes hacked, he cant wallride AND he loses his song ability. AKA, if hes on speed and hes hacked, he no longer speeds. Same goes for the healing song.

*Moderation note - Edited the title of the post. We want to hear the feedback on how you feel about the PTR changes but please use caution with your choice of words when presenting the feedback :)

Thank you! <strong/>

Edit: ^ that's pretty interesting lol. But what I meant by this post is this: the wallride, it's in line with the other passive being disabled. It being OP is another discussion. MY ISSUE, is that it makes it so he is absolutely useless, and is the only character that is affected that hard (besides maybe Rein). And seeing how he's been looked at as one of the most balanced heroes for a while, does he really need more counters?
Well, but the enemy team has Sombra at all times... Lucio is only useless when hacked for couple seconds.

Now that EMP is harder to obtain, Lucio may even be better off.
1) EMP always destroyed his ult
2) So? You can still shoot. It's not the end of the world if you can't wallride anymore. And if you were caught by yourself, then it's your fault for separating yourself from your team
02/14/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Piltmannen
Well, but the enemy team has Sombra at all times... Lucio is only useless when hacked for couple seconds.

Then he gets EMP'd and there goes his long build up ult as well. It's not the fact that these things are here which is upsetting, more so than it's building up and so many things either destroy, or make him useless. He as a character already has one of the lowest impacts in the game.
I can't take you seriously when you use that word.
02/14/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Fireboy769
2) So? You can still shoot. It's not the end of the world if you can't wallride anymore. And if you were caught by yourself, then it's your fault for separating yourself from your team

He also won't have passive healing or speed during hack.

When I think about it more, their solution to Dive is Sombra since in most scenarios you'll probably be seeing more of Zen and Lucio. If she hacks Lucio, only the Zen can heal. If she hits Lucio and Zen with EMP, the only person getting healed is the person that Zen had his orb on before the EMP. If Zen didn't have an orb on someone before EMP, then nobody is getting healed.
Removing his wall ride doesn't bother me whatsoever. Seems like a valid strategy for Sombra to then hack the Lucio while he's trying to make an escape so either she or someone else can take him out. However losing his songs completely seems rather harsh when we're already in a situation where three members of the support roster are either no fun to play or rather weak. If Sombra becomes prevalent, then that is one more support that you may not really want to bring to the party seeing as he'll lose his healing ability completely upon being hacked.
02/14/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Dorian
Now, not only does EMP COMPLETELY destroy his ult, but now when hes hacked, he cant wallride AND he loses his song ability. AKA, if hes on speed and hes hacked, he no longer speeds. Same goes for the healing song.

Working as intended.
It's on ptr guys. Chill.
A Lucio who can't wallride, speed, or heal is a dead Lucio. His combat survival depends on him being elusive and surviving long enough to land a few shots.
02/14/2018 11:33 AMPosted by KainKent
02/14/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Fireboy769

He also won't have passive healing or speed during hack.

When I think about it more, their solution to Dive is Sombra since in most scenarios you'll probably be seeing more of Zen and Lucio. If she hacks Lucio, only the Zen can heal. If she hits Lucio and Zen with EMP, the only person getting healed is the person that Zen had his orb on before the EMP. If Zen didn't have an orb on someone before EMP, then nobody is getting healed.

Then Mercy's pick rate goes back up due to constant healing and the complaining about her starts up again..
02/14/2018 11:37 AMPosted by ǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷ
It's on ptr guys. Chill.

Yes, just like all the iterations they promised to Mercy when she was on the PTR last time.

Wait...
I don't see what the big deal is. Just swap off the character. Sombra is evolving to counter a number a heroes, which is great. The whole point of this game is having a composition that works together and counters the other team. If you are fighting a Sombra and she is getting at Lucio too much, swap off.
I would have thought Lucio was more of a Dom than a cuck
02/14/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Dorian
Well, time to switch to a Sombra counter, how about a Moira or Mercy?
Why do we have people coming out of the woodwork claiming they can't exploit anything anymore? Boohoo, learn to adapt and play ffs.
02/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by RoobyDoo
I don't see what the big deal is. Just swap off the character. Sombra is evolving to counter a number a heroes, which is great. The whole point of this game is having a composition that works together and counters the other team. If you are fighting a Sombra and she is getting at Lucio too much, swap off.

Think the issue is, supports are running low on options here. Heavy dive or shields on the enemy team? Can't play Ana. Aggressive flankers? Again, bad for Ana and probably for Zen as well. Solo healing? Ok you better be Mercy, Moira, or Ana, unless one of those last two are happening. In which case only Mercy or Moira. If Sombra really goes through like that you'd now also have to stay off Lucio if she was on the enemy team. God forbid the enemy is also running D.Va, Tracer, Genji, or Winston (very likely) because there goes Ana and Zen again.

Long story short, the only safe picks are going to be Moira and Mercy. One of which currently feels less than stellar to play right now regardless of how 'balanced' she might be. There are too few supports for them to be introducing such massive counters to the few we have without fixing others in my opinion.
I can understand the change, as her current live hack barely effects Lucio, taking away crossfade and amp only. But losing song and wallride as well is pretty crippling. I could understand one or the other.

Yes, I know other characters face similar issues when hacked. Doomfist comes to mind immediately. But Lucio is a support, not an Offense character. He simply doesn't have the damage or hp to continue effectively fighting if loses everything but his gun.

Unfortunately this thread is probably moot. Lately anything that makes it to PTR goes live with no changes.
problem is lucio doesn't need this nerf and sombra will become super popular after the buffs

his weapon won't defend him with potato damage and he wont have speed or heals

the problem is that we don't have much choices for supports as it is and his healing song without amp it up did baby healing anyway

I don't see the point in nerfing him , he's already situational and she countered him enough before already because she could deny his ult and if she hacked him on speed , he cant switch to healing to begin with
It's nice to see that the mods worry about as, changing the previus title "Lucio continues to get cucked" for "Lucio PTR Feedback".
My god! I wouldn't know what to do if I saw a title like that!!

Now. One thing that I love about Lucio is how well he can kill Widows by jumping on them and doing at least 80 damage. Gotta love that high mobility, 160 potencial DPS.
But, well.. I suppose that it doesn't work against high ranks Widows.
I would be fine with this if Lucio could either still wallride or keep his current aura. Having both debuffs stacked basically removes Lucio from existence.

No, still being able to shoot his wub wub peashooter is not in anyway able to mitigate the negative effects of being hacked.

On top of that Sombra hacks faster so it is super difficult to stop her unless you are a hitscan.

All in all Lucio is countered by Sombra way too hard. He was fine before but the threat of a Sombra counter is going to destroy him.

Actually Sombra basically hard counters almost every support with these changes. Mercy has all of her mobility removed. Lucio's auras are completely disabled. Zen will get fodderized by Sombra's reduced spread. Ana isn't too bad vs Sombra but Winston and D.va are still super common so she isn't much of a solution. I don't know if hack prevents Moira from healing but if it does she is screwed. Granted her beam is lock-on so if you are quick you can cancel Sombra's hack so that's nice.

I know Sombra needed buffs but this is too much. She can't have the best utility of the offense heroes and high dps and a powerful escape.