Lucio PTR Feedback

PTR Feedback
why play lucio in the first place?
02/14/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Killbill
why play lucio in the first place?
Seriously? Because he's an effective healer, can provide speed bonuses, can make environmental kills, can disrupt enemy formations, is highly mobile and elusive, and is generally a lot of fun to play.
02/14/2018 11:42 AMPosted by righthere
A Lucio who can't wallride, speed, or heal is a dead Lucio.

A Lucio who can’t wallride, speed, or (self) heal is basically Ana.

On a serious note, I think Lucio should maintain his aura, but be unable to switch.
02/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by RoobyDoo
I don't see what the big deal is. Just swap off the character. Sombra is evolving to counter a number a heroes, which is great. The whole point of this game is having a composition that works together and counters the other team. If you are fighting a Sombra and she is getting at Lucio too much, swap off.

Thats why im assuming the next heroe is gonna be a tank/support hybrid

Think the issue is, supports are running low on options here. Heavy dive or shields on the enemy team? Can't play Ana. Aggressive flankers? Again, bad for Ana and probably for Zen as well. Solo healing? Ok you better be Mercy, Moira, or Ana, unless one of those last two are happening. In which case only Mercy or Moira. If Sombra really goes through like that you'd now also have to stay off Lucio if she was on the enemy team. God forbid the enemy is also running D.Va, Tracer, Genji, or Winston (very likely) because there goes Ana and Zen again.

Long story short, the only safe picks are going to be Moira and Mercy. One of which currently feels less than stellar to play right now regardless of how 'balanced' she might be. There are too few supports for them to be introducing such massive counters to the few we have without fixing others in my opinion.
Does anyone really think that Lucio will be Sombra's favored hack target in a team fight? I'm not sure. Honest question.
02/14/2018 12:59 PMPosted by righthere
I can understand the change, as her current live hack barely effects Lucio, taking away crossfade and amp only. But losing song and wallride as well is pretty crippling. I could understand one or the other.

Yes, I know other characters face similar issues when hacked. Doomfist comes to mind immediately. But Lucio is a support, not an Offense character. He simply doesn't have the damage or hp to continue effectively fighting if loses everything but his gun.

Unfortunately this thread is probably moot. Lately anything that makes it to PTR goes live with no changes.

^
this.

I said it 1000x times, sombra will DELETE lucio! When I played her while her buff was live, I was hacking people almost instant! He wont be able to react or fight back in any ways.

I'm not against sombra's buffs! I'm actually very happy with it! But I think thats too much, they should remove 1.. Wallride or Speed
02/14/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Ficus
02/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by RoobyDoo
I don't see what the big deal is. Just swap off the character. Sombra is evolving to counter a number a heroes, which is great. The whole point of this game is having a composition that works together and counters the other team. If you are fighting a Sombra and she is getting at Lucio too much, swap off.

Think the issue is, supports are running low on options here. Heavy dive or shields on the enemy team? Can't play Ana. Aggressive flankers? Again, bad for Ana and probably for Zen as well. Solo healing? Ok you better be Mercy, Moira, or Ana, unless one of those last two are happening. In which case only Mercy or Moira. If Sombra really goes through like that you'd now also have to stay off Lucio if she was on the enemy team. God forbid the enemy is also running D.Va, Tracer, Genji, or Winston (very likely) because there goes Ana and Zen again.

Long story short, the only safe picks are going to be Moira and Mercy. One of which currently feels less than stellar to play right now regardless of how 'balanced' she might be. There are too few supports for them to be introducing such massive counters to the few we have without fixing others in my opinion.

THIS!!
[quote="207604777147"]Well, but the enemy team has Sombra at all times... Lucio is only useless when hacked for couple seconds.

Now that EMP is harder to obtain, Lucio may even be better off.[/quote so lucio is useless with his ult when he ults you can cancel his ult mid cast he can’t do anything but damage when hacked. He might as well be frozen instead
Lucio has been indirectly dumped on every single patch since the World Cup. In no way was anyone at that time saying Lucio was overpowered -he was barely even being played back then, because it was peak Mercy Meta. But every patch since has included something that comes off as an indirect nerf to Lucio in some way; none of these have been acknowledged by Blizzard, and he as been given nothing to compensate. Everything over the course of the past say, 6 months have been slowly mounting and building up until he feels like he's gotten a fairly signifigant nerf.

These proposed Sombra changes are actually really good for Sombra. I don't think they're too strong for her, or too strong against Lucio, mostly. It's that it's another thing that makes Lucio weaker in the game. Sombra is already a pretty strong hero against Lucio, and if these went through she would just delete him. Lucio needs to be given something to compensate.

And Lucio's Soundwave ability needs to be fixed after the Global Movement update.
02/14/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Dorian
Now, not only does EMP COMPLETELY destroy his ult, but now when hes hacked, he cant wallride AND he loses his song ability. AKA, if hes on speed and hes hacked, he no longer speeds. Same goes for the healing song.

*Moderation note - Edited the title of the post. We want to hear the feedback on how you feel about the PTR changes but please use caution with your choice of words when presenting the feedback :)

Thank you! <strong/>
the floodgate of salty tears has opened
It makes sense that heroes that are overly dependent on abilities get countered by a hero that stops the use of abilities.
It's a about time Lucio got something that could qualify as a counter.
It makes no sense that it stops his passive healing. I mean does any other healer lose the ability to heal if they are hacked?
02/14/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Companion
It makes sense that heroes that are overly dependent on abilities get countered by a hero that stops the use of abilities.

Crossfade's Aura and Wallride are not abilities.
So?

Lucio is annoying when he's just hoping all around trying to stall, hacking him should make him a dead fish.
02/14/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Squidbarrel

Lucio has plenty of counters. The issue is that Lucio is a low skill floor, high skill ceiling hero. If you're not good at focusing, you won't be able to kill a good Lucio easily because of his movement, even if you're his counter. I don't mind Sombra being better at killing Lucio, I do think this is overkill, when the other heros don't have so much of their kit entirely shut down by her, especially when she already completely negates Lucio's ult -the slowest charging ult in the game (for some reason), on live servers.

The bigger issue is that all these patches -even the Global Movement update- have included small nerfs to Lucios kit going back as far as the World Cup -where he already was in a position to be weaker than the other supports, as that was Mercy Meta, and there were no particular qualms about Lucio being over powered. These small nerfs have all started adding up, and this feels like the icing on the top of the cake, while nothing has been done to compensate.

I hope you're joking right? Lucio has too many counters and is one of lowest picked supports. Tbh if you struggle to kill him then you're just bad.
Plus sombra countered him more than enough before this patch. Could delete his ult and make him stuck on speed boost or healing.
That's more than enough countering with how !@#$ty it is to play supports to begin with.
Last thing he needs is a nerf , sorry if ctf competitive made him seem op but that game mode's going bye bye in a few weeks buddy.
Good point! He is only currently countered by Doomfist, Pharah, Soldier, Genji, Tracer, Sombra, Widow, Junkrat, Mei, Torb, Hanzo, Roadhog, Reinhardt, Orisa, Dva, Winston, Zarya, Symmetra, Moira, Ana, and Zenyatta. Pretty much everyone but Mercy.

Seriously, Lucio is at best a 50/50 match up against anyone. His kit centers around escape, dodging, disruptions,and boosting allies so they can kill the enemy. He isn't focussed around being the one getting elims (other than environmental kills on some maps).
I'm fine with it stopping auras, but I think he should at least be able to wallride no matter what. If he loses that when hacked, he has nothing. At least give him a way to escape. He already struggles with a huge amount of auto-aim and splash damage mechanics in the current meta that don't care about his ability to juke.

Sombra already hard-counters Sound Barrier no matter when she uses EMP, too. If she uses it preemptively, Lucio can't cast Sound Barrier. If Lucio ults first, EMP deletes the shields. It's literally always in Sombra's favor.
02/14/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Solex
02/14/2018 11:42 AMPosted by righthere
A Lucio who can't wallride, speed, or heal is a dead Lucio.

A Lucio who can’t wallride, speed, or (self) heal is basically Ana.

On a serious note, I think Lucio should maintain his aura, but be unable to switch.

AKA, what it'd always been. There's honestly no reason to change it. The thing was for Zen, if they have a Sombra, go Lucio because he doesn't get destroyed by her. Not anymore, seeing how he loses his self healing, is slow like Zen, and can't wallride.