Lucio PTR Feedback

PTR Feedback
02/15/2018 07:42 AMPosted by righthere
02/14/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Squidbarrel
It's a about time Lucio got something that could qualify as a counter.
Good point! He is only currently countered by Doomfist, Pharah, Soldier, Genji, Tracer, Sombra, Widow, Junkrat, Mei, Torb, Hanzo, Roadhog, Reinhardt, Orisa, Dva, Winston, Zarya, Symmetra, Moira, Ana, and Zenyatta. Pretty much everyone but Mercy.

Seriously, Lucio is at best a 50/50 match up against anyone. His kit centers around escape, dodging, disruptions,and boosting allies so they can kill the enemy. He isn't focussed around being the one getting elims (other than environmental kills on some maps).

As someone who plays Lucio, I can say honest counters are: Winston, McCree (probably the hardest counter bc of flash), Moira, Mei, Pharah, and Sombra. Those are the ones that are hard counters.
Definitely would agree that this is a pretty significant hit to Lucio when he's hacked. I'm completely in favor of him not being able to wallride, amp, or ult, but his songs probably shouldn't just be completely annihilated as well.

Even disabling his ability to switch between healing and speed with crossfade is okay, in my opinion, but something should be changed so he doesn't just become a sack of potatoes when he's hacked.
He won't be able to endlessly stall the point\payload if there's a sombra, Thank You
02/14/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Fireboy769
1) EMP always destroyed his ult
2) So? You can still shoot. It's not the end of the world if you can't wallride anymore. And if you were caught by yourself, then it's your fault for separating yourself from your team

Lucios job is not to shoot, lol.

Who else loses all ability to do their job at all?

Even the tanks like Rein and Winston still have massive high HP bodies with which to still perform their primary roles while hacked, which is to soak damage.

This is like say Soldier losing his ability to use his gun when hacked but still being able to sprint or something dumb.
Actually scratch that, soldier still being able to run is much more useful then a hacked lucio.
02/14/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Nerfy
problem is lucio doesn't need this nerf and sombra will become super popular after the buffs

his weapon won't defend him with potato damage and he wont have speed or heals

the problem is that we don't have much choices for supports as it is and his healing song without amp it up did baby healing anyway

I don't see the point in nerfing him , he's already situational and she countered him enough before already because she could deny his ult and if she hacked him on speed , he cant switch to healing to begin with

I play Lucio a lot and even I can admit hack should disable wallride.

How many times I've contested a point 1v6 for up to a minute while my team walks back from spawn is too many.

But wall ride removal takes that away already and leaves him with like 13HPS which is so low I cant believe they would deny him it.

At this point hack should simply kill ability dependent heroes straight up.
02/14/2018 05:52 PMPosted by dradventure
[quote="207604777147"]Well, but the enemy team has Sombra at all times... Lucio is only useless when hacked for couple seconds.

Now that EMP is harder to obtain, Lucio may even be better off.[/quote so lucio is useless with his ult when he ults you can cancel his ult mid cast he can’t do anything but damage when hacked. He might as well be frozen instead

No while frozen I'm pretty sure lucio can still heal, you know perform his primary role like everyone else in the game who is hacked can still do.
02/14/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Companion
It makes sense that heroes that are overly dependent on abilities get countered by a hero that stops the use of abilities.

But does it make sense for pretty much every other character to retain their ability to perform their primary role, except Lucio?
(And maybe DF, but they did buff his primary in the same exact patch to compensate and allow him to still do DPS, his primary role)

Why is Lucio the only one who loses his role in the game 100% when hacked?
02/14/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Zenn3k
So?

Lucio is annoying when he's just hoping all around trying to stall, hacking him should make him a dead fish.

He can only do that because of wall ride, John Snow.
02/15/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Dorian
02/15/2018 07:42 AMPosted by righthere
...Good point! He is only currently countered by Doomfist, Pharah, Soldier, Genji, Tracer, Sombra, Widow, Junkrat, Mei, Torb, Hanzo, Roadhog, Reinhardt, Orisa, Dva, Winston, Zarya, Symmetra, Moira, Ana, and Zenyatta. Pretty much everyone but Mercy.

Seriously, Lucio is at best a 50/50 match up against anyone. His kit centers around escape, dodging, disruptions,and boosting allies so they can kill the enemy. He isn't focussed around being the one getting elims (other than environmental kills on some maps).

As someone who plays Lucio, I can say honest counters are: Winston, McCree (probably the hardest counter bc of flash), Moira, Mei, Pharah, and Sombra. Those are the ones that are hard counters.

I feel his hardest counter is Moira.

-Her lock on auto-aim weapon negates his mobility completely.
-While fighting she does flat 50DPS to him while he does a max of 160DPS if he hits all headshots!!! So 80DPS if he's really good and never misses a shot(HE wont hit headshots on a Moira 20m away, lol).
So more like he is doing maybe the same as her at 50DPS, if he is amazing and she is garbage.
-She heals at a flat 30HPS while fighting him and he can only muster about 12HPS.
-If he uses amp it up he gets like 40HPS total, if she uses her orb she gets 125HPS total!!

As they both have 200HP she wins everytime. Its basically Winston vs Sym.

And Lucio cant even usually run away as her beam is massive range and her teleport makes her faster then him on flat ground.

His only chance is wall ride to a location she cant get too like a ledge or behind friendly shields.(Even then she can finish him with her orb)

And her teleport also negates his boops from environmental kills against her!!

Its extremely one sided.
I feel bad for Lucio, but the first time I hack Lucio and he falls off the map I'm going to be dying laughing.
Sombra needed the buff and I'm not saying Lucio does not need a hard counter. I'm just saying its odd to swap a hero that saw not a counter before into being the hardest of hard counters. Lucio has to play close to the action to be useful. Meaning that the "few seconds" (its 6) is about twice as long as is needed to do 200 damage. He is very easy to hack and a 80%-90% kill chance when hacked.
02/14/2018 11:37 AMPosted by ǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷǷ
It's on ptr guys. Chill.
Since when has that stopped anything?
02/14/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Zenn3k
So?

Lucio is annoying when he's just hoping all around trying to stall, hacking him should make him a dead fish.
What the heck kind of viewpoint is this? “X character is annoying so they deserve to get nerfed into the floor.” How about no.
I like playing Sombra, i'm not a pro, but I've played her enough. However, I never thought she needed to have the ability to negate characters passive abilities. Personally I feel that the ability to hack faster and the translocator time being upped and the weapon spread is enough.

That being said I'm not entirely sure that in a team fight a Sombra would choose to hack the Lucio instead of one of the other 6 on the enemy team. I think this is more a concern when you're alone fighting Sombra rather than having to worry about it in a team fight.

Keep in mind this buff to Sombra isn't just giving Lucio a hard time, but imagine how Genji, Hanzo will feel not being able to move as swiftly as they could before.

Also this has been something that Doomfist and Tracer have been dealing with for a long time. While Lucio, Genji and Hanzo have a passive movement ability, Doomfist and Tracer are completely negated should they be hacked.
02/15/2018 02:00 PMPosted by BT160507
Who else loses all ability to do their job at all?

Let's see...

Doomfist is useless. Bastion is mostly useless. Orisa, Rein, Zarya and Dva can't protect their team.

And that's not counting those who just die. Tracer is dead. With EMP, Zen is dead. Winston is probably dead. Mercy is probably dead, and will often have a hard time healing.
02/14/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Piltmannen
Well, but the enemy team has Sombra at all times... Lucio is only useless when hacked for couple seconds.

Now that EMP is harder to obtain, Lucio may even be better off.

The thing is, with the sombra ult nerf, she probably still get her nerf BEFORE lucios. Lucio's ult is the longest ult charge out of every character. Good sombra's will know when to ult.

Overall, I have never seen a character get countered so bad by another character in Overwatch. Taking away his complete aura is insane. Blizzard loves to bully their supports right now.
Only time will tell.
She literally nullifies Tracer when she gets nerfed, why can’t she do that to another hero? God, it’s only a few seconds and it creates a counter for her. I (hopefully) bet she won’t become a must-pick, but at least in meta.
The only thing about Lucio, is his aura should be unaffected, or atleast unable to change between them when hacked. Aside from that, Her hack is perfectly fine. It only puts other heros on equal playing field, Her abilities don't deal damage, they disable other abilities, meaning she's in a fair battle against no damage boosting abilities.
02/17/2018 09:40 AMPosted by ĤǛĠŎŦĬŜŦȈƇǺĿ
The only thing about Lucio, is his aura should be unaffected, or atleast unable to change between them when hacked. Aside from that, Her hack is perfectly fine. It only puts other heros on equal playing field, Her abilities don't deal damage, they disable other abilities, meaning she's in a fair battle against no damage boosting abilities.

That's how it works on live right now -- hacking Lucio locks him into his current aura. It makes it almost pointless to hack him most of the time, especially when he's got tanks and DPS around him that are a bigger threat.
Honestly i think he should lose wall ride but not his songs.

Playing Zen will also be a real challenge if these changes go live. Not terribly fun running around with only 50hps.