Why Can't Doomfist Ult out of Grav if it Makes Him Immune?

General Discussion
Every immunity skill allows to get out of grav, whats the deal with doomfist ult?

===============================
Edit: responses to "popular" posts for the lazy ones who don't like scrolling:
02/15/2018 08:54 AMPosted by KulstorEbrou
Because he literally springs off the ground.

I'd imagine that would have something to do with it because all players are stuck floating in the grav.

He doesn't need a floor for that. He can do it from anywhere. Did you even play doomfist once?
Because he literally springs off the ground.

I'd imagine that would have something to do with it because all players are stuck floating in the grav.
02/15/2018 08:49 AMPosted by iSinner
Every immunity skill allows to get out of grav, whats the deal with doomfist ult?
Moira literally fades from existence, Reaper's cellular structure becomes so loose it just barely manages to keep him together, but makes him more or less intangible, and Orisa's system anchor her to the ground and prevent anything from stopping her. Doomfist just jumps really high
"Every immunity skill"? The only one I have seen being able to escape Graviton Charge is Moira. I don't think even Reaper can escape.
02/15/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Raisins
"Every immunity skill"? The only one I have seen being able to escape Graviton Charge is Moira. I don't think even Reaper can escape.

Reaper, Moira, and Orisa can all escape.

Reaper can escape, as can Orisa, in addition to Moira.

Reaper can use Wraith form to escape. Orisa can also use Fortify.
To my knowledge it only makes him invincible after the jumping part has started.
Because he literally springs off the ground

You are literally wrong.
02/15/2018 09:11 AMPosted by iSinner
Because he literally springs off the ground

You are literally wrong.
He jumps straight up. So what do you think he does instead of that?
02/15/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Terranguard

Instead of what? jumping up? he jumps up i agree.

He doesn't need a floor for that. He can do it from anywhere. Did you even play doomfist once?
Why do i have to explain things people know from playing him once? are you serious?

Look at the second post, it is so upvoted which means the majority has no clue how his ult works, they think he needs a ground for ulting. What a joke. One ignorant post being upvoted up the butt, proves the forums are full of ignorance.
Gravity kills

Especially if you're falling from the sky
02/15/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Sheevah

Reaper, Moira, and Orisa can all escape.
I wasn't sure about Reaper, but I had no idea Orisa could. Is it an effect of Fortify? If it is, I am surprised, since Fortify is not immunity, it's just a small extra layer of defense.
02/15/2018 09:32 AMPosted by iSinner

Instead of what? jumping up? he jumps up i agree.

Why do i have to explain things people know from playing him once? are you serious?

Look at the second post, it is so upvoted which means the majority has no clue how his ult works, they think he needs a ground for ulting. What a joke. One ignorant post being upvoted up the butt, proves the forums are full of ignorance.
I know how it works I'm not an idiot and I also know Genji can jump off of nothing so either he's jumping like Genji, or using his fist, which cannot escape grav btw.
02/15/2018 09:02 AMPosted by JakuNonon
Moira literally fades from existence, Reaper's cellular structure becomes so loose it just barely manages to keep him together, but makes him more or less intangible, and Orisa's system anchor her to the ground and prevent anything from stopping her. Doomfist just jumps really high

Lore isn't relevant to balance.
I know how it works and I also know Genji can jump off of nothingness so either he's jumping like Genji, or using his fist which cannot escape grav btw

I don't care what animation he has while jumping, seriously.

He gets immunity, his skill isn't blocked while being in the air(which second post implies). So if it gets immunity, why is it not in line with all other immunity skills?
02/15/2018 09:11 AMPosted by iSinner
You are literally wrong.

you can meteor strike in mid air after an uppercut.
02/15/2018 09:36 AMPosted by iSinner
I know how it works and I also know Genji can jump off of nothingness so either he's jumping like Genji, or using his fist which cannot escape grav btw

I don't care what animation he has while jumping, seriously.

He gets immunity, his skill isn't blocked while being in the air(which second post implies). So if it gets immunity, why is it not in line with all other immunity skills?
I'm not sure at what point he gets immunity btw. Is it as soon as you push the button? Because usually you can be killed. Or is it after he's jumped? Because that's pretty important. If it's after he's jumped that involves non invincible movement out of grav and it shouldn't happen. If it's as soon as you press the button then it should work.
because !@#$ doomfist! that's why! -with love the devs
02/15/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Caution
...He jumps straight up. So what do you think he does instead of that?

you can meteor strike in mid air after an uppercut.
I know. I'm not talking about touching the ground or not I'm talking about non invincible movement abilities being disabled. Fade and Wraith form aren't movement it's just a massive buff that makes you immune to everything, same as fortify.