Hidden MMR is horrible and stressful.

Competitive Discussion
The fact that there are some hidden stats that you need to exceed on a character-by-character basis in order to place at a high SR is horrendous.

I'm playing a new alt account as a Moira main. Want to know the most prominent thoughts running through my head for each match and each placement?

"How can I make this game think I'm a good Moira?"

"Do I heal too much and damage too little? I know Moira is a support but it seems that higher ranked Moiras do more damage and less healing than me."

"Should I risk dying and lowering my KDA to try and stall and hold the point?"

These are not things I should ever be thinking about, solely because I don't want to place lower than I deserve for not measuring up to a hidden metric.

I get it, you don't want to disclose details because you don't want people to game the system. The problem is, you are penalizing people who play to win and not to flex their stats.

Either remove this whole business entirely or at least give us some sort of hint as to what the hidden MMR looks for in each hero. Something basic like "yes you should focus on healing as Moira" or "Damage blocked matters more for Rein than damage done" etc.
I feel your PAIN! It is always there. Gold medals don’t seem to matter. Grouping up or solo queing nets the same results. You get hard countered in a game, does switching help or hurt? Why am I being punished for leavers? Do I get more SR for completing and winning a 5v6? Or do I gain as if it was a 6v6, but our team had a missing player? Do I lose less SR if I lose in this situation but have all gold medals in 3 or 4 categories?

Does MMR factor in to my MM for SR? Maybe I should play QP to boost my MMR to get better teammates. Maybe I should play poorly to gain superstar teammates once I que for Comp.

And then someone on here always thinks they have the answer to our questions. But how do they actually know? They don’t! Because the formula is hidden!

Yes please refer me to posts by devs giving tid bits. Or links that say it shouldn’t work this way or that by Jeffy Kaps. It is all so stupid!

Abandon Comp friend until it is reworked and balanced... LMAO! Haha! Sigh*

Try to have fun. I have by going to QP.
Trying to stay on fire more would be ideally the best thing to do.

I hadn't actually tested it or tried it but one way would be to try a few games healing only, and another damaging only, and then seeing which one gets you "on fire" faster. It might even be a combination of both as long as you are on fire more lol
HERE IS MY SOLLUTION

Since i started the game I one tricked , i found a team, I solo qued, I duo qued ............. currently in silver down from 2400.

My acc is fluctuating 1000 up or down. BUTmy friends that i started the game last May went dimond.

Ill tell you why, because i started to FLEX between 13 heroes AND ENJOY THE GAME , i play in one acc (i have 13golden guns), and i play when i want and feel like it even 04.00. I bought the game for entertainment not to put more trouble in my head as
the higher you go the higher the egos... I even apear offline sometimes as im tiered of the constant invites

If you look CLOSELLY to the Dimond Accounts you want to reach you will see the players play no more tgan 40 to 60 games per season ! Those games are carfully played ,stop after 2 wins , one trick or two trick a hero, wait the day of the week for all your friends to 6stack etc. (they have other accounts to have fun)

Im possitive your SR should be higher but its your MMR that counts pls research it and also how to trick it , there are tons of posts here
Instead of paranoia about the system, maybe just play to win and recognize that the algorithms do their best to reward that? You're so intent on gaming the system that you're hoping to do it without even knowing what the system is. By keeping it hidden, it makes it so the #1 recommendation for ranking up is to just play better because there is no known way to cheat things..
I used to play 5-10 comp games a day with all sizes of stacks and solo and would routinely end up around the same SR as I started with most days.

Since I switched to only playing 1 solo queue comp game a day, and the rest arcade and QP, I haven't lost, almost a week straight now.

Folks will say it's tilt or whatever, but I think there's more to it than that.
02/16/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Arzoo
Instead of paranoia about the system, maybe just play to win and recognize that the algorithms do their best to reward that? You're so intent on gaming the system that you're hoping to do it without even knowing what the system is. By keeping it hidden, it makes it so the #1 recommendation for ranking up is to just play better because there is no known way to cheat things..

The problem is we don't know what "better" is.

Remember onetricks who climbed with sub-50% winrates?
These posts are beyond absurd. I know you won't listen to reason, but I'll try once anyways.

1. Winning has a fourfold larger impact on your SR gains/losses than performance based sr. This is apparent because, aside from outlier games, you typically earn between 15-25 sr per game. Thus, the performance based effects can be assumed to have around a plus or minus 5 sr effect whereas winning has a 20ish sr effect.

So, attempting to game the system or attain high stats has minimal impact, and playing to win should always be the number one goal.

2. Performance based sr is in place for the sole purpose of allowing the system to pick out smurfs or people who are FAR BETTER OR FAR WORSE than their current rank. If you have played 50 plus comp games in your career, chances are very strong that you tend to perform within a mormal range of players at your rank in regards to the hidden statistical parameters. Because again, the performance based system is more so in place to say, hey, this guy has a MUCH MUCH higher average statistical output than others at his rank, so we need to give him more sr so as to get him out of games where he is way too good for his competition. Once you have played 50 or so comp games, this situation ain't going to be you 99 percent of the time.

Tldr you don't understand performance based sr, it's purpose for implementation, and it's realistic impact on your rank.
02/16/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Arcadium

The problem is we don't know what "better" is.

Remember onetricks who climbed with sub-50% winrates?

I don't think I ever saw an actual example of a one-trick climbing particularly far with a sub-50% win rate; claims of that were pretty overblown in my experience. The primary advantage of one-tricking is that you get much better with the only hero you play than the other players at your rank, in exchange for no flexibility at all; people get pissed not because the person isn't appropriately effective with the hero at that rank, they're pissed that they're reducing the flexibility of the team comp, sometimes by a lot.

You do know what is better. It's what wins you games. Not only is winning vs losing by far dominant in rank gain, but you're more likely to be rewarded by the performance adjustment system by chasing game-winning activities than by attempting to fool it.
02/16/2018 08:28 AMPosted by substatica
I used to play 5-10 comp games a day with all sizes of stacks and solo and would routinely end up around the same SR as I started with most days.

Since I switched to only playing 1 solo queue comp game a day, and the rest arcade and QP, I haven't lost, almost a week straight now.

Folks will say it's tilt or whatever, but I think there's more to it than that.

You know i been also feelin like playing less does something. Perhaps after a few continuous games the matchmaker “learns” and matches you with harder and harder teams. Perhaps after xxx amount if not playing matchmaker resets and when you start again it is truly random matching since it needs to starts the “relearning” process again.

Could be a reason why some t500s only play minimal games