What do I do against mei?

General Discussion
I'll be the first to admit Im not a pro player and I'm sure that's the main reason why but I just wanna know how do you deal with mei?
I know she can be niche and she's not that good and all that but I can't do !@#$ against her whenever I get close to killing she ice cubes and next thing I know I'm getting frozen so what do I do to handle mei in a 1v1?
shoot her
Kill her first, call for your team to protect you when you are frozen, or run away.
As a mei player it's really fun to punish roadhogs that are out of position, because it's not that many heroes that can do that and the roadhogs arent used to it.
You're a Roadhog main, by your profile. Well, Mei is a counter to Hog, which is not a problem considering she's not a good counter to most heroes. What you can do is:

Stay out of her range.
Never hook her, you won't kill her with the combo, and you'll get frozen and killed.
If you start to get frozen, don't try to kill her, turn 180(give your back to her) and look at your feet, this lowers the chance you get HS'd.
Give poke damage with m2, to try and force one of the abilities.
Don't use Whole Hog if you know she has her wall available.
If she froze you, then call team for help. Remember she can't froze more than 1 heroes.
02/16/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Djinn
You're a Roadhog main, by your profile. Well, Mei is a counter to Hog, which is not a problem considering she's not a good counter to most heroes. What you can do is:

Stay out of her range.
Never hook her, you won't kill her with the combo, and you'll get frozen and killed.
If you start to get frozen, don't try to kill her, turn 180(give your back to her) and look at your feet, this lowers the chance you get HS'd.
Give poke damage with m2, to try and force one of the abilities.
Don't use Whole Hog if you know she has her wall available.
Ah I see thank you, I guess I'm so used to hog usually being top dog in a 1v1 I just assumed I was doing something wrong against her
Good thread. Person came seeking advice, and was given solid counselling with minimal snarky comments.

Kudos, forum goers.
She has to stand in front of Hog to reliably headshot him, meaning she'll be in your view while frozen. You can aim for flick Hooks as soon as the freeze expires and often kill her. If you don't kill her, you force out the Ice Block, which lets you run out of range.

Even with headshots she typically doesn't have enough time to kill Hog in a single Freeze.
02/16/2018 11:10 AMPosted by righthere
Good thread. Person came seeking advice, and was given solid counselling with minimal snarky comments.

Kudos, forum goers.

Not only that but advice seeker didn't call for nerfs of the hero in question.