25 Games, 18 losses largely due to leavers, and throwers.

Competitive Discussion
So I started jotting down game stats for how many games I played...the outcomes. When there was a leaver/ DC / Thrower ...I don't record "toxicity" because, platinum and below...it's 99% toxicity and poor teamwork.

Of those 25 games...18 were losses.

Of those 18 losses. 7 of them head leavers (Either DCs, or Rage Quits, which happened maybe 4 times)

12 of those games had throwers. People who just said "!@#$ all!" to the team, and played widow, torb, mei, or genji (typically their "best" character, that they 1-trick, or their least played character that they use when they throw)

In the past few weeks, I went from Platinum, down to silver.

By no means am I making an argument for "I should be at MASTER! EASILY!"....However----I largely solo Queue except when I play with another player that has been silver /low gold because they use to play mercy, but don't really anymore,....but because of the historical data, no matter how good we do, they always place low gold, high silver.

For example...we did our placements, we won 9 out of 10 of those games. I placed platinum. She placed gold, borderline silver.

I realize I often die a lot (my KD needs to be better, I often self-sacrifice to try and help the team, but i've been correcting those behaviors)---I play heals when we need heals, tanks when we need tanks, and support when I need to----despite my better performance being in DPS.

I read on these forums a lot that "It's easy to solo-que up from bronze to diamond or above!"...and I really, really, don't believe that.

Almost every game I've had, has had at least 1, sometimes 2, throwers in them. I'm not talking "throwers" that just prefer to play a dps and wont switch---im talking "I don't play widow, but im intentionally deranking. sorry guys!"....that kind of %^-*. Or they get tilted, and immediately pick torbjorn or sym.

When I dropped into silver, I climbed back into gold and i'm trying to get back to platinum...but i've never ranked so low in the last 8 seasons of play.....something here in the SR system, or tweaks they made to the season...just aren't panning out.

Or perhaps, it's blizzard constantly doing !@#$ty "half off" sales where people get throw/smurf/alt accounts---or these crappy free weekends, where they don't limit people to QP / Arcade mode only.

I don't know, just frustrated because no matter how strong my gameplay performance is in some games...we still are at a disadvantage due to leavers and throwers=/
Oh yea just because you're losing matches, they need to stop their marketing strategies?

Free weekends and sales attract new players and it's good for the game and the company

Your team members leave because no one probably trying to win or play like they should so they just leave and join another game than staying and getting stomped

Also DC can be a result of Internet issues, game crashes or errors. You can blame players for that.
No man, it can't possibly be your own failed performance and inability to get better at the game!
02/16/2018 01:34 PMPosted by GreenVGC
Oh yea just because you're losing matches, they need to stop their marketing strategies?

Free weekends and sales attract new players and it's good for the game and the company

Your team members leave because no one probably trying to win or play like they should so they just leave and join another game than staying and getting stomped

Also DC can be a result of Internet issues, game crashes or errors. You can blame players for that.

So you've clearly misinterpreted several chunks of information.

Also, are you suggestion it's an acceptable behavior...to drop from a game (lose 50SR and a 10 minute suspension) because the game isn't as smooth-sailing as they think it should be? Kind of a stupid perspective.
theres a pattern of you losing, but you chose to blame your team?
I wonder, whats the one common occurence between your games. and how big of a win condition were those games that you won, and what was your personal impact on those wins?

Just telling us you lost games due to leavers, throwers and trolls doesnt really give us context. Maybe the throwers chose to throw after a poor performance that game, or a poor performance from a previous game. maybe the dc was from network issues, or just frustration.

Break down what went right, not just what went wrong.
I'm pretty sure your 1.4 elims per life Hanzo /1.9 Mccree have nothing to do with you deranking from plat to silver.
02/16/2018 01:40 PMPosted by JinxedEye
theres a pattern of you losing, but you chose to blame your team?
I wonder, whats the one common occurence between your games. and how big of a win condition were those games that you won, and what was your personal impact on those wins?

Just telling us you lost games due to leavers, throwers and trolls doesnt really give us context. Maybe the throwers chose to throw after a poor performance that game, or a poor performance from a previous game. maybe the dc was from network issues, or just frustration.

Break down what went right, not just what went wrong.

I chose to post about the negative, because the pattern was bigger and more concerning.

I tried to indicate in my post, that I realize my own faults, and take those into account....however I'm not "team blaming"---if you have throwers and leavers---it's obvious thats an easy place to drop blame....and is frequently an appropriate place.

However, in games where I do very well----and someone decides to leave (one guy literally said i'm out!" and left...when we were winning.....and then we ended up losing...HOW am I suppose to change my performance to compensate for a lack of a full team exactly?
odd, since i was able to climb up to 2700 last season from 1700 in s2 just fine... even on a 2nd account, got to 2400 only playing dps.
mind you, on the 2nd account, i dont really spend much time in voice chat, and i instalock genji or tracer for the game. even against moira and winston. and I still have enough of an impact to win.
02/16/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Oatmeal
I'm pretty sure your 1.4 elims per life Hanzo /1.9 Mccree have nothing to do with you deranking from plat to silver.

I certainly appreciate that you actually looked at my stats to look deeper into my issue, especially since I acknowledged within my post that "Yes, I have a history of dying a lot, and i've been working on correcting that"---however, you do realize, I don't really play Hanzo in comp?...that's typically my "Well, 3 people left, and I'm still here...so, i guess i'll dink around on hanzo/mcree/widow/whomever" character

As far as mcree goes----up until about 3 weeks ago---never played him...in fact, I never played any hitscan at all because I felt I was bad at them. I had since been practicing, largely on Mcree (and spent my time practicing in QP and on another account in QP) until I felt more confident in playing him reliably.

I think if there is a good way to view those stats in a chart...you'd see an extreme uptick in performance. My hit accuracy with him went from extremely low, to averaging around 60+ % per game...I don't "fan the hammer" on stuns anymore, but instead, go for, and frequently land, the headshot kills---i'm competent in killing phara in the air, and mercy when she's boosting, before swapping to get the phara...

Again, not stating "I'm a god! Why aren't I MASTER!"....I'm simply saying---isn't it somewhat odd, that every season on this account i've always gotten high platinum and stayed there...but all of a sudden, when there is an uptick in leavers and throwers---I drop down as far as SILVER?
02/16/2018 01:52 PMPosted by JinxedEye
odd, since i was able to climb up to 2700 last season from 1700 in s2 just fine... even on a 2nd account, got to 2400 only playing dps.
mind you, on the 2nd account, i dont really spend much time in voice chat, and i instalock genji or tracer for the game. even against moira and winston. and I still have enough of an impact to win.

This oddly seems to be the advice I've seen on these forums...obviously you have to be decent with the character you pick----but....pick a character, ignore all other players requests / demands, despite being countered---and keep playing the 1 or 2 characters you play---and just do that?

I seem to notice the trend that, the people who "help the team" by filling, and learning to play numerous characters---are usually the people who don't rank very high---but the genji, tracer, widow, mcree insta-locks always seem to rank higher...

obviously there's skill involved in that---but, seems like the game is kind of punishing to those that genuinely want to help the team win (even if they don't get much SR in return for the victory because they weren't padding their owns status)
You died more than a zenyatta lul
Yet here you're blaming team members for you dropping ranks.

Stop blaming others for a start
Explain multi season top 500 players dropping out of top 500 and some even dropping out of GM due to piss poor matchmaking this season. Obviously the better you get, the higher you will climb, but the fact that Blizzard themselves admitted that there's a forced 50% win rate. So unless you consistently play at a level several ranks above yours, you will not climb.

Not to mention this greatly changes depending on what role you play. support mains having the hardest time, tanks having to also heavily rely on their team most of the time, then dps mains that have it the easiest. As long as they get picks here and there, they do fine.
Are folks really getting to level 25 and doing their 10 placement matches already? It's only Friday.