Worst Season By Far

General Discussion
Man, i never complain when there is no real reason for it, but this season is just awful..

People not playing properly on purpose, fighting each other in chat, losing on purpose...and this Matchmaking system.. what in the world is going on ? I lost 300sr and fell off from platinum like it was nothing lol.. I am stuck with goldies which are far worse players then I am, unable to bounce back due to players/people iq im being matched with.

This is just so bad, is it just me or someone else feels the same?

Cheers
Every season is a bad season. It's OW competitive, what do you expect to experience in comp other than salt, rage, and harassment?
Every single season we've had has been labeled worst season by far, despite the fact that nothing's really changed.
Overwatch is overall a good game (not perfect by any stretch of the word), but the community is terrible. There are enough mean and horrible elitists to make the competitive scene a nightmare... and in the long run even make the entire game a nightmare...
Let’s just all agree, that the matchmaking needs some serious work.
They just need to stop pretending comp is a thing unless they are actually gonna have some balls on fixing it. Go back to launch. Force everyone into a queue and have real matchmaking
I was about to reach masters when I had 5 throwers in 5 matches. I stopped playing comp and decayed to 3k now.

My problem were the masters and gms that fell due to the new system and started to be reaaallly toxic and throw games. Some of them probably reached plat now which explains why you had the problem as well.
Season 9

Heiwadearu
xxxx posts

This is the worst season ever
I feel as if I can't play competitive without at least one friend there to help guide the team into a decent composition or to at least help communicate. A lot of people still don't quite know all there is to playing competitive. (Even I probably don't :P)
02/16/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Ermor
Every season is a bad season. It's OW competitive, what do you expect to experience in comp other than salt, rage, and harassment?

The report system working as expected, you see. /s
I let myself decay in Diamond for so many seasons I'm back to placing in Plat now but honestly I'm just there for the end of season comp points now, and have started to play other games.

It didn't occur to me just how toxic everything was in that game mode until I started playing other games and came back for placements and some occasional quick play.

It's been a really nice break though, Monster Hunter is such a chill time waster :)
02/16/2018 02:45 PMPosted by SeraphimSong
I let myself decay in Diamond for so many seasons I'm back to placing in Plat now but honestly I'm just there for the end of season comp points now, and have started to play other games.

[/quote]

This is why comp points should be removed but they never will lol
People that don't give a crap about team comp or winning need to gtfo out of it, basically.
02/16/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Heiwadearu
Man, i never complain when there is no real reason for it, but this season is just awful..

People not playing properly on purpose, fighting each other in chat, losing on purpose...and this Matchmaking system.. what in the world is going on ? I lost 300sr and fell off from platinum like it was nothing lol.. I am stuck with goldies which are far worse players then I am, unable to bounce back due to players/people iq im being matched with.

This is just so bad, is it just me or someone else feels the same?

Cheers
I feel your pain...the beginning of the season was fine but after the second day things went downhill. I dropped from 3300 SR to 2700 in less than 3 days because of arguing and such in the game.
Heh, good thing I am not alone in this >.<

A lot of people share the same opinion as I do..
every season i get placed like 3200, climb to masters, and then decay back down to 3000 because i dont care enough about comp to maintain my rank, i just want comp points.
I quit comp because the people who take this game way to seriously was making my anxiety go though the roof. Like god damn dude were not on the battle feild stop yelling.
02/16/2018 04:44 PMPosted by THEPOOFY
I quit comp because the people who take this game way to seriously was making my anxiety go though the roof. Like god damn dude were not on the battle feild stop yelling.

xD
Why is every support meta the worst meta everytime, first it Lucio was the 'worst meta' then it was Ana with triple tank, then Mercy and now it's Moira bringing Quad tank back. How about Blizzard just revert all the supports to when they were 'OP' and we can have a meta where every support is good.
Emongg even got stuck in Diamond for a day from horrible matches, that just tells you something is wrong.