What if Tracer's recall required one of her blink charges

General Discussion
It wouldn't consume a charge, but simply requires that blink to be active.

If she happens to use all her blinks then recalls as soon as it's availible she'd blink exactly back to where she used her final blink too, so provided she got value out of her blink waiting 3 seconds wouldn't be an issue.

This would make it possible to punish a Tracer who wasted all her blinks.

Thoughts?
Seems overly complicated and a lot of people would agree that Tracer doesn't need changed right now.
02/16/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Puppydemon
Seems overly complicated and a lot of people would agree that Tracer doesn't need changed right now.

Alot of good players (OWL players) think she needs a nerf.

lolno she has no counters and unless you specifically have someone watching your flanks at all times she's pretty hard to fight, especially if it's a good tracer

lolno she has no counters and unless you specifically have someone watching your flanks at all times she's pretty hard to fight, especially if it's a good tracer

Moira, Pharah, soon to be Sombra. Tracers at the highest tiers of play can just blink in and one clip you. Tracers at your rank are countered simply by 1 or 2 players on your team turning around and not letting her just go to town on the supports.
I would just remove a blink charge at that point tbh.
02/16/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Shade
Moira, Pharah, soon to be Sombra. Tracers at the highest tiers of play can just blink in and one clip you. Tracers at your rank are countered simply by 1 or 2 players on your team turning around and not letting her just go to town on the supports.

His rank is irrelevant.

At the highest level (which should be balanced around) Tracer is too strong.
That would be absolutely horrible.
02/16/2018 04:44 PMPosted by AdunSaveMe
That would be absolutely horrible.

How? It'd simply make Tracer punishable.

If your last blink was truly worth putting recall on 'cooldown' then it shouldn't be an issue since once you recall you'll go right back to that spot.

If that blink is for a health pack or to escape the enemy then there's no issues with not being able to regain health with recall since you won't need to.
I do happen to think Tracer is overpowered, but I dont think this change will really do that much. Hopefully these Sombra changes will be enough to turn her into an actual Tracer counter, because right now we dont have any.
No.
Games shouldn't be balanced around the highest level of play, because the majority of gamers will NEVER be that good. There should be a balance between balancing around high tiers and the average tier, so the game is accessible and fun for everyone without requiring all the players to have godlike reflexes and mechanical skills.

Anyways, as a (primarily) support player, I feel like Tracer is fine. She excells in high tiers because the player behind her is incredibly skilled and is capable of managing her cooldowns properly.

In the average ranks, Tracer is either the most annoying thing in the universe or a mild annoyance. I struggle to say she's overpowered, despite playing heroes she is specifically designed to counter. You just have to be patient with yourself and adjust your playstyle according to the enemy teams hero picks and skill levels.

If the enemy has a skilled Tracer or Genji, I can't, as Widow, be off by myself while my team is distracted on the point or wherever else. I have to play it safe.

I'm expecting downvotes; no one here likes it when people argue that Genji and Tracer are overall okay and that the problem may lie with their own playstyle and/or lack of skill/willingness to switch to counters. But I'm tired of this.
02/16/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Osprey
Games shouldn't be balanced around the highest level of play, because the majority of gamers will NEVER be that good. There should be a balance between balancing around high tiers and the average tier, so the game is accessible and fun for everyone without requiring all the players to have godlike reflexes and mechanical skills.

So when a hero is OP at a high tier they should be nerfed.

I understand not balancing fully around the highest tier but Tracer, a high skill hero should be balanced around high skill players.

Low skill players would still do just as bad with and against Tracer.

Good players would be able to punish a Tracer they forced to blink 3 times.
02/16/2018 04:46 PMPosted by M3T4
It ruins the main mobility combo of her kit and is an absolutely stupid roundabout way to nerf her. You might as well punish her for blinking and give her a maximum of two for how ridiculous this is.
02/16/2018 05:59 PMPosted by AdunSaveMe
02/16/2018 04:46 PMPosted by M3T4
It ruins the main mobility combo of her kit and is an absolutely stupid roundabout way to nerf her. You might as well punish her for blinking and give her a maximum of two for how ridiculous this is.

Wouldn't be a maximum of 2.

It'd give her 2 options.

2 Blinks + Recall

3 Blinks.

Since they're on such a short cooldown anyway she could poke from the outskirts of the fight and chip down for 3 seconds waiting for her blink back, effectively giving her 3 blinks + recalls, only difference is it's now possible to punish a Tracer who you force to blink 3 times.