Legitimacy of Comp when rank#2 has 1.5 hrs

Competitive Discussion
So this guy....not gonna name him, but literally only ever played 18 games, is UNDER level 65, and has less than 1.5 hours logged....yet hes rank 2?

All those hours of dealing with leavers and afkers, all those pain staking matches of carrying his team because a Mercy is afk in spawn....the countless matches hes had to deal with teammates throwing. He has fought so valiantly and is 100% deserving of his high rank on the leaderboards!

How does a person even deserve such a rediculously high rank for only having 18 games logged and less that 1.5 hours of playtime? I mean, even I had some leavers and throwers in my placement matches. The odds that this one player has such a perfect experience playing the game are absolutely mind blowing.
First time playing comp is based on your MMR, this player likely showed very high skill while leveling up to 25 to play ranked and as such the matchmaker assumed they were a fairly skilled player. Then in placements their first few games would have been with diamond/master then all masters, then masters and gm's and then gms & t500's. As long as they didn't lose any of their placements the system would accurately place them into masters. From there its only a few successful games to get into top 500.

The matchmaker has a lot more predicting to do when someone has low hours played. Or would you rather this person who's clearly a very good player instead get forced into diamond or plat and have them slay noobs until they hit a higher rank?
So the system says that after 18 games total that hes literally the best player in the world? Come on, you must be joking.

So out of 198 other people(18x11 = 198/millions~), the game says 'yup, you deserve top #2 in the world! grats bro!

Never once had any throwers, leavers, or afkers? Never once had to fight to climb up the ranks? Never once had a random disconnect? COME ON!!! Most people I know had leavers in their placement matches!

Boy thats some crazy luck!! He definitely earned rank #2, with so much hard painstaking effort. Game should have placed him into a mid rank to begin with, let him fight through the toxicity to get there like the rest of us. How is it fair hes never had to play the game with bronze and silvers on his team? What an absolute joke
02/17/2018 02:50 PMPosted by AHungSloth
So the system says that after 18 games total that hes literally the best player in the world? Come on, you must be joking.

So out of 198 other people(18x11 = 198/millions~), the game says 'yup, you deserve top #2 in the world! grats bro!

Never once had any throwers, leavers, or afkers? Never once had to fight to climb up the ranks? Never once had a random disconnect? COME ON!!! Most people I know had leavers in their placement matches!

Boy thats some crazy luck!! He definitely earned rank #2, with so much hard painstaking effort. Game should have placed him into a mid rank to begin with, let him fight through the toxicity to get there like the rest of us. How is it fair hes never had to play the game with bronze and silvers on his team? What an absolute joke
I have a strong guess that he probably 6 stacked with other players who are also equally good, if not relatively close in skill. So he'd win every game, stomp every time and gain insane mmr and exp from quick play. Does placements and because of his insane try hard in quick play, has a higher mmr than he would of in comp, and giving him that rank via placements
Whoever that is, they probably have hundreds and hundreds of hours of groundwork on their main to get that good. You don't seriously think this is a completely new player, do you?
OH LOOK!!!!! HES A SOLDIER MAIN!!! LMAO

It couldn't be possible that he is using an undetected aimbot or cheating somehow.

lol you guys are great in defending a guy whos 'the best in the world, literally' when he only has 1.5 hours of gametime total.
02/17/2018 02:55 PMPosted by AHungSloth
OH LOOK!!!!! HES A SOLDIER MAIN!!! LMAO

It couldn't be possible that he is using an undetected aimbot or cheating somehow.

lol you guys are great in defending a guy whos 'the best in the world, literally' when he only has 1.5 hours of gametime total.

they're saying he DOESN'T only have one and a half hours game time. it's a new account of someone probably already IN top 500 most likely in a stack to roll games.
So solo queueing is the real joke. Game caters to groups obv
02/17/2018 02:39 PMPosted by dancenumber
First time playing comp is based on your MMR, this player likely showed very high skill while leveling up to 25 to play ranked and as such the matchmaker assumed they were a fairly skilled player. Then in placements their first few games would have been with diamond/master then all masters, then masters and gm's and then gms & t500's. As long as they didn't lose any of their placements the system would accurately place them into masters. From there its only a few successful games to get into top 500.

The matchmaker has a lot more predicting to do when someone has low hours played. Or would you rather this person who's clearly a very good player instead get forced into diamond or plat and have them slay noobs until they hit a higher rank?

Ok man , tell me more how you can stop playing the game being top500 and only get in for a couple of matches every season , he propably slays noobs on his alt anyway,
memo most new accounts are smurf accounts....
02/17/2018 03:08 PMPosted by polishpimp

Smurf accounts deserve to be among top 10 in the world?
02/17/2018 03:37 PMPosted by AHungSloth

if the person is that skilled the account can be among top 10 in the world yes, i fail to see the issue youre having here.
02/17/2018 03:02 PMPosted by AHungSloth

solo queue on average rewards the most SR possible, i honestly prefer solo queuing cuz i feel i have the most effect on my sr that way
02/17/2018 03:47 PMPosted by monkaTHINK
02/17/2018 03:02 PMPosted by AHungSloth

solo queue on average rewards the most SR possible, i honestly prefer solo queuing cuz i feel i have the most effect on my sr that way

Grouping in a 6 stack is harder then people think. It requires more coordination then people are used to playing solo. The impact comes from the team coordination and less from indevidual performance.

I tried to do a 6 stack with friends in season 4 and it went terribly. I'm now in a clan where we are actively working on coordination and team building first and it is going a much better and is way more fun.

On topic,

Is this for the player in the #2 spot for T500? I thought you had to play at least 50 games before the player qualified to be on the list. Other the. That it could be one of 3 things, a prodigy, a cheater or an alt account. Each could very well be possible.
02/17/2018 03:37 PMPosted by AHungSloth

It isn't "smurfing" if they aren't pretending to be less skilled on their alt character than they are so they can grief less skilled players, because that's what smurfing is. A skilled player playing their best on a new account and rising through the ranks isn't smurfing.
I'd say working as intended if that player indeed is that skilled?

Yeah it's a new account but a pro is a pro...

What's your problem sweetcakes?
"if the person is that skilled..."
"rising through the ranks"

This account literally has only played with 198 other people MAX. Likely hes rolling with a 6 stack, so make that 18 games times 6 enemy players, thats ONLY 108 other people he has ever versed against in his entire gaming career....OUT OF MILLIONS OF PLAYERS. That means he deserves his rank?

108 PEOPLE OUT OF TENS OF MILLIONS OF PLAYERS.

This guy didn't rise through any rank, he was born into it because he beat 1/1,000,000th of the population.
02/17/2018 02:28 PMPosted by AHungSloth
So this guy....not gonna name him, but literally only ever played 18 games, is UNDER level 65, and has less than 1.5 hours logged....yet hes rank 2?

All those hours of dealing with leavers and afkers, all those pain staking matches of carrying his team because a Mercy is afk in spawn....the countless matches hes had to deal with teammates throwing. He has fought so valiantly and is 100% deserving of his high rank on the leaderboards!

How does a person even deserve such a rediculously high rank for only having 18 games logged and less that 1.5 hours of playtime? I mean, even I had some leavers and throwers in my placement matches. The odds that this one player has such a perfect experience playing the game are absolutely mind blowing.

Are you looking on some third party site? Those are, as you say, not legitimate. I don't see anyone matching this description on the top 500 leaderboards (PC - Americas, Europe, Asia) in game.
You are aware that there's only really about one or two hundred "top 500" players, right?
There's definitely many things fishy about this guy's stats.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/firebathero-11133?mode=competitive

Such as the overall 100% in fire (excuse me?), 100% winrate in 4700 rank and all the stats are ridiculous to the point of looking fabricated.

Same repeats on his career overview on blizz own site.

Highest winrate on ladder is 72% and highest total on fire is 24,78%. This guy's stats are basically straight up anomaly.

One should definitely check out that account, he might be wintrading or cheating, nobody should be getting stats like 81% wep accuracy and 94% crit accuracy on mccree on top 500 level unless enemies are literally all standing still and letting themselves get farmed.