--12 sec cd

Mei Cryofreeze:
--60% heal at best
--takes a while (4 seconds)
--Will not reload ammo
--Can be stunned out of
--12 cd

????

The devs say Mei can be "oppressive" if given too much power, I would like to ask how many people have felt that way about Tracer. Because I certainly have.

It might seem counter-intuitive, but consider Mei and Tracer's kits and they're very similar. They're both durable, close-mid range duelists with mobility (Tracer Blinks and Recall, Mei with Wall) but Tracer's kit has so much more generosity when you compare with Mei.

And suprisingly Tracer's pickrate is obscenely high, skyrocketing in GM, whereas Mei struggles to find use even in Bronze. Coincidence, or more Tracer/attack hero favoritism?

EDIT: Thank you to Nevermore for reminding me about the bugginess of Cryofreeze
Yeah then there’s the whole “deflect has no cast time while cryo-freeze has a cast time” thing going on.
But Tracer is squishy compared to Mei which is t h i c c
Both heroes are very different but I do agree with you that Cryo should be better, Mei is just outclassed by almost all other DPS :(
Mei has more health, is always with her team and also has the wall.

Tracer has the lowest health in the game, usually is flanking on her own, has no other defense mechanism but her movement.

I mean I don't know why you think their kit is similar
02/18/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Lemoi356

She sometimes has the wall, and thats better for cutting off and trapping people than self defense. The cryofreeze is also very buggy and overall a much worse defense than Tracer's recall or blinks.

Tracer has the lowest health in the game,

Lowest base health, but with Recall its more like 200+, because you'll always regenerate at least 50 hp or so per use, so thats not really a big deal. Realisitcally, genji is squishier than Tracer, as it is much harder for him to heal himself.

usually is flanking on her own,

Except for the other flankers, like Genji, or an ambitious Moira or Lucio, or when she's diving with Winston or Dva...

has no other defense mechanism but her movement.

Which can allow her to effectively juke every hero or just move outside most of their effective ranges ....
Mei can shutdown ults with her Wall, I've blocked so many Deadeyes, Moira Kamehamehas, Bastion blasts and the like with Mei, not to mention separating enemy teammates for easy pickoffs that can turn the tide of midfights. She's really, really different from Tracer, I don't see why you're comparing them.
Lowest base health, but with Recall its more like 200+, because you'll always regenerate at least 50 hp or so per use, so thats not really a big deal.

Ok, then going by your logic, Mercy has infinite health since she naturally regenerates it with no cooldown.

???
Comparing apples to bananas.
You just cant compare the two, they have 2 completely different roles. Ones a flanker the other can be an off-tank/

Tracer does have bugs btw. Main 2 ones being Pulse not sticking when clearly should, and it just drops off, and Latency issue with her E.
It's Mei's freeze mechanic that could be oppressive if tweaked in the wrong way. Pardon the pun but it could be a slippery slope
Mei can be stunned out of cryo-freeze? You mean during the near-instant cast-time? (I nevereven noticed it has one)
cryofreeze doesn't have a casting time. Maybe a latency problem, but it doesn't have a casting time listed and is described as an instant ability. You can't be stunned out of it
02/18/2018 07:28 AMPosted by RustyRhames
cryofreeze doesn't have a casting time. Maybe a latency problem, but it doesn't have a casting time listed and is described as an instant ability. You can't be stunned out of it

Well then explain to me what's happening when I used Cryofreeze, go into it, Cryofreeze is on cooldown and Hog still literally hooks me out of it.
02/18/2018 07:19 AMPosted by M3HAN
You just cant compare the two, they have 2 completely different roles. Ones a flanker the other can be an off-tank/

Tracer does have bugs btw. Main 2 ones being Pulse not sticking when clearly should, and it just drops off, and Latency issue with her E.

Tracer and Mei might have different roles on paper, but when it comes down to the wire we all know Tracer can be the ultimate stall queen, even better than Mei can. You don't need to block damage you can simply blink or recall away from.
02/18/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Feculator
Mei can be stunned out of cryo-freeze? You mean during the near-instant cast-time? (I nevereven noticed it has one)

You certainly can be stunned out of it. I saw a clip where you can literally see that Mei is already in the ice block and yet Roadhog somehow hooks her out of it and kills her. I can't find it right now but if I do I'll post it here.
mei can be stunned out of it. I witness it first hand when I play mei. I die while in cryo too.
Forgot to reply to this:

02/18/2018 07:12 AMPosted by ZWheels
Lowest base health, but with Recall its more like 200+, because you'll always regenerate at least 50 hp or so per use, so thats not really a big deal.

Ok, then going by your logic, Mercy has infinite health since she naturally regenerates it with no cooldown.

???

The thing about Mercy is you can easily counter her self-healing by shooting her. If Mercy takes any damage, she stops healing. Tracer's recall has no counter. You cannot stop her from recalling health.
02/18/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Lemoi356

Tracer has the lowest health in the game, usually is flanking on her own, has no other defense mechanism but her movement.

I mean I don't know why you think their kit is similar

Exactly. I mean, Tracer’s wall is not as wide ... wait a minute!!!

Apples vs. Oranges

Damn, I like mangoes ;)
02/18/2018 07:55 AMPosted by ShinyPants
02/18/2018 07:28 AMPosted by RustyRhames

Well then explain to me what's happening when I used Cryofreeze, go into it, Cryofreeze is on cooldown and Hog still literally hooks me out of it.

This is so frustrating when it happens. Worse that it doesn't even take the ability off cooldown when you clearly didn't even get to use it.