toxicity causes a 300hr mccree main to leave the game

General Discussion
listen to this while u read:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8-Knw0E2g..... I started out with great expectations for this game. I later became mccree main with 300 hours of mccree and 700+ hours in the game. I started to see toxicity arise, soon the toxicity levels got so high I quit for about two months. I came back and saw that the game was pretty much just polluted with toxicity, trying to endure it, I flew into a mad rage and was toxic myself. I didnt want it to happen but influenced by the comlete toxic community I became a rager. and now I cant even play a game without getting toxic. I try my hardest to hold it back, but when I recive those messages like "u are horrible." "u were bad at mccree" and stuff like "nice try mccree, but the better cree wins!" having been influenced by the toxicity of this community has me flying into a mad rage that i cannot escape. so instead of writing rage messages to make the person feel bad I just punch my bed. i just want to play the game and be a good mccree player. but I regret to announce that I will be quitting overwatch. I just cant take the toxicity anymore. I'm sorry blizz, but the toxicity in overwatch caused me to quit. i enjoyed your game very much. but its sad that people who have nothing better to do then to rage type insults to me for killing them and being good at it caused me to leave. i just wanted to play the game, but i cant do this anymore.
That being said, I'm sorry, you let other people ruin your over watch experience. And I'm a bit sad to lose such a good player.
Driving out toxicity is an endless battle, but one that must be fought
02/18/2018 05:50 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
Hey maybe while you're on your journey you can learn how to spell and use proper grammar, not text talk.

Maybe while you're on yours you can learn not to be a pretentious D-bag.
Hey maybe while you're on your journey you can learn how to spell and use proper grammar, not text talk.
even you don't have anything nice to say to me. :(
02/18/2018 05:53 PMPosted by HughMungus

How dare I use sarcasm. If you read the post below it, you would know I was joking.
Who even flames McCree, Got flamed once in all my hours on him I think.
Genji or Hanzo on the other hand, people are literally out for blood.
What is this, mySpace?
02/18/2018 05:55 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
02/18/2018 05:53 PMPosted by HughMungus

How dare I use sarcasm. If you read the post below it, you would know I was joking.

It's mutual banter. I really don't care.
02/18/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Arcadius
What is this, mySpace?

It's E-Sports ready Facebook 2.0.
Maybe if you weren't so bad on McCree?
02/18/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Skaine
It's one thing to make a joke. Don't be an a******
02/18/2018 06:11 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
02/18/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Skaine
It's one thing to make a joke. Don't be an a******

I don't know what your talking about...
I just wanted to let u guys know about my situation, and pretty much all i got were toxic, jerky comments. just comes to show what I experience
The real McCree would call that person more sensitive than a cow after a brand.
Maybe you should play mei and spam "sorry i was only trying to help" voice line
getting toxic in this game is just part of getting good.

this game has a strange way to tilt people, the lack of scoreboard and accountability breeds hopelessness and hopelessness breeds frustration and frustration breeds rage.

the comical 3rd person cartoonish death when a person dies doesnt help either, it's like the game is mocking
02/18/2018 05:57 PMPosted by VenteNegra
Who even flames McCree

I used to be so happy when I had a McCree on my team, but that was like a year ago. Most of them I see now (though not all of them) spend 80% of the match trying to flank and contribute basically nothing, and the one "magical moment" where they finally get their perfect flanking position and press Q, they get one kill with it and it's still play of the game.

I don't hate McCree. I just hate how useless most people make him (among other characters).