Reaper Buff Plz....

General Discussion
I created A LOT of topics and still can't get developer to notice how weak Reaper is ;-;
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761946494
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761946476
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761856279
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762066362
I just want my main hero to be balanced..
Teleporting is slow unreliable, 2 separate moment of being vulnerable...loud asf and visual is begging to be shot at.
Wraith form is easily chased down.
No actual way to gap close when enemies know where you are.
inb4 ppl say hes niche :Facepalm:
"Lack of mobility, combined with short range. Both those things are really bad" -Spirit, #1 Reaper main

#BuffReaperNOW
he needs a little work to be in a good place

As a moira player he can devastate her
02/18/2018 06:59 PMPosted by OWSaint

i guess....
Reaper is the only DPS hero I thoroughly enjoy. A little boost to mobility would be appreciated.
I love Reaper ;-;
I just want his teleport to stop being terrible. I'm not even talking about buffing it. Keep the same range and travel time, just make it less of a hassle to aim.
This isn't necessarily relevant, but am i the only one who gets randomly one shot by Reaper a lot? I think im just dumb.
Reaper is fine. He is a strong pick on a lot of maps and team comps. Do you want him to be universally applicable or something?

Stop teleporting in front of enemies. It's a move to help with flanking or taking high ground on unsuspecting teams, nothing more. Stop thinking it should be like Genji Dash.

If you're getting chased down and killed in wrath form, you were either out of position or your team already lost the fight.
02/18/2018 07:57 PMPosted by TheWarmWind
Reaper is fine. He is a strong pick on a lot of maps and team comps. Do you want him to be universally applicable or something?

Stop teleporting in front of enemies. It's a move to help with flanking or taking high ground on unsuspecting teams, nothing more. Stop thinking it should be like Genji Dash.

If you're getting chased down and killed in wrath form, you were either out of position or your team already lost the fight.

I'm tired of bad players saying reaper is fine
I think the most he needs is a buff to Shadow Step. If it were much faster he'd actually be a usable flanker.

Now when he uses it, it's a big "Hey, Roadhog wanna hook me? Widow wanna snipe me in the face, maybe you too Hanzo? Doomfist want to rocket punch me into a wall? Or hey, maybe Reinhardt wants to charge me into a wall instead. Actually, I think Ana should sleep dart me turning me into a free kill for them. Or anyone can throw an ultimate at my face too."

I would say near instant activation would be enough(Give him some frames of vulnerability before and after). Skilled snipers could still counter it if they expect him to do it, and he'd get the mobility he desperately needs. If that doesn't work, then allow him to use it when airborne. It's pretty annoying when you go to use it only to get booped or pulled away by enemies.

Flanking abilities are all supposed to be quick and in some cases, stealthy. Blink, Rocket Punch, Swift Strike, Invisibility/Translocator, etc... Are all 'Flanking Abilities'.

Shadow Step does not belong there due to it putting you into a defenseless state and allowing the enemy enough time to take you out, even if you aren't 'teleporting in front of them'. In more cases than not, Shadow Step is nearly a useless ability because of this.

Not only that, but Wraith Form is not especially powerful either and despite it being meant as an engage/disengage ability, it's mostly used as a disengage ability, and even then the enemy will more often than not follow you and kill you.

Reaper barely has a kit since literally all of his abilities are VERY lackluster.

This is coming from someone who's main heroes are supposed to be countered by Reaper, and frankly I rarely have a problem with him unless the player has high game sense, aim, positioning, etc...
02/18/2018 08:00 PMPosted by NordBigD

I'm tired of bad players who play reaper like a 100% flanker, when he should be peeling and protecting his backline as a counter dive hero, then brawling during the midfight. His ability to occasionally flank is just a bonus.
02/18/2018 08:08 PMPosted by TheWarmWind
02/18/2018 08:00 PMPosted by NordBigD

I'm tired of bad players who play reaper like a 100% flanker, when he should be peeling and protecting his backline as a counter dive hero, then brawling during the midfight. His ability to occasionally flank is just a bonus.

I'm gonna say it again only bad players think reaper is fine
02/18/2018 06:59 PMPosted by OWSaint

Depends on rank and skill. For people at my skill/rank, it’s actually really tricky engaging Moira as reaper. You only have 1-2 shots (max 2) before she fades away. She can still catch up to a wraith forming reaper by walking and the ability usually ends up hurting him during the fight. Is she a counter, no she is in no way a counter. Is she easy to kill as reaper, only at <1m which is where her head fills screen and you know the player doesn’t have their sound turned on.
I can't wait for the day Reaper gets a real buff, not this weak stuff they keep giving him that are just QOL changes.
He not awful; he clears a pointand his ult is decent enough.

But his abilities are so situational and non-applicable in most circumstances. hes just shotguns. There isn't much room for counter play and t doesn't feel engaging 99% of the time, even with the aggression of deleting people he brings. Part of the problem for me is that he's really designed to be the tank killer flanker, but Tracer does enough damage and has pulse up enough that she can not only kill the backline but farm tanks at the same time and pick with pulse. Why pick reaper when you can do what reaper does and not with tracer?
He's the only character in the game that has just one ability they can viably use in combat :/

I wish his teleport made him invulnerable while he did it like his wrait. That way it's still slow, people know he is coming, and can still react, but he can actually use it during combat.

Or make him move a lot faster while wraithing, make it last less time to prevent point stalls and have it on a meter that builds up the more damage you do, so you can use it to close distances and disengage.

Or give him a new ability.

Pretty please Devs