Why does QP alter MMR?

Competitive Discussion
Okay, maybe I understand for your first 25 levels, but after you can play comp what is the point? I ask this because...

I play QP when I'm too tired for comp but want to game.

I play QP when I want to just go all out (ie: divey attack Lucio) in ways which is generally a bad idea to do in comp

I play QP when I want to try say playing Hanzo or Widow (which I know I'd fail my team at in comp)

All of that stuff hurts my MMR. Shoves it down, which then affects the teams I get and the games I get in comp, not to mention how much SR I'll win or lose.

So why does QP alter MMR?
02/18/2018 06:56 PMPosted by BlueFountain
So why does QP alter MMR?

It doesn't.

01/04/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
01/04/2018 02:31 PMPosted by steelman
I'm a player who has only played less than 10 games in Diamond in all seasons. Whenever I play 4v4 Deathmatch, the enemy team always has Grand Masters. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

We're looking into cases like this. We had a similar discussion about this yesterday as it can sometimes occur in Quick Play as well.

Long story short, you have a separate matchmaking rating for Competitive Play than you do for other modes so sometimes players playing more or less of those modes can cause occurrences like this. We have some solutions in mind.
^^ that
02/18/2018 06:56 PMPosted by BlueFountain
All of that stuff hurts my MMR. Shoves it down, which then affects the teams I get and the games I get in comp, not to mention how much SR I'll win or lose.

You play mainly healers. I know, because I also do so.
Playing a healer is like going with the flow. You can get ridiculous streaks of players doing all manner of mistakes, that don't fit their rating. There's nothing you can do.
You can theorize as to why it's happening, but I don't believe it's related to how you perform in Quick Play. For more detailed explanation of my experience in Comp, you can check out this post:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761876540#post-4
I want to keep playing people @ same sr or higher sr than me; is that still possible after said Jeff solutions?
They've noted there is a "Hidden MMR" in Overwatch. I'm getting too tired to try digging for official posts/comments by the team, but this hidden MMR is said to help determine how much SR you win or don't win and in comp, and is altered by both playing comp and QP.