Old Mercy

General Discussion
Remember when she was a sadist and let her whole team die?
What?
And new Mercy differs on that score how exactly? At least old Mercy brought her team back afterwards, new Mercy is just pure pain and no pleasure.
02/19/2018 12:18 AMPosted by FunkyMonk
Remember when she was a sadist and let her whole team die?

Yes, i remember. It's on earth-45452 universe, where overwatch is the evil empire and talon is the heroes organization.
Why can't Mercy mains take jokes?
I never ever did the hide and rez thing in the sense you are referring to. Sure, if the enemy Zarya had caught my entire team in her ultimate then I would wait until that ultimate was up and by then my team would likely be dead, but I never hid to let my team die so I could get huge rezzes... In fact, I mostly tempo rezzed one or two team-members...
02/19/2018 01:35 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe

Jokes need to be funny in first place.

Do you find being hit in the groin repeatedly funny?
(If u do I am sorry but that isn't normal)
You didn't exactly "let them", you just anticipated it coming then dealt with it accordingly
02/19/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Qwazi
I never ever did the hide and rez thing in the sense you are referring to. Sure, if the enemy Zarya had caught my entire team in her ultimate then I would wait until that ultimate was up and by then my team would likely be dead, but I never hid to let my team die so I could get huge rezzes... In fact, I mostly tempo rezzed one or two team-members...

This.
Mercy 1.0 was also based on the player's capability of predicting ultimates. My only huge rezzes were 3-man-rezzes. I've rarely had 4 man rez and I've only had one 5 man rez, walking out from spawn.
holy balls, the amount of butthurt this joke induced is glorious. get over yourselves, pls. you were a great "old mercy"? cool. you get triggered and over-defensive upon hearing a crapsack joke in relation to "old mercy"? sad.

inb4mercymaindownvoteapocalypse
I, as a mercy main, 100% confirm that I LET THEM DIE, so I could get Potg. I have NO shame in saying that, I wanted to see her whip around in the highlight intro and make me all kinds of happy.

#NoShame
02/19/2018 03:02 AMPosted by mona
holy balls, the amount of butthurt this joke induced is glorious. get over yourselves, pls. you were a great "old mercy"? cool. you get triggered and over-defensive upon hearing a crapsack joke in relation to "old mercy"? sad.

Maybe if the rework hadn't been such a colossal failure, waste of time, and spoilt the game for literally everybody...? Maybe if she'd come out the other side actually more fun to play instead of with an ultimate that amounts to spectator mode and an Res that realistically is barely useable. Maybe, maybe we could laugh about it.

I mean, we probably hide more with this iteration than we ever did with mass res, because the extended beam length allows it.
02/19/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Jessicka
02/19/2018 03:02 AMPosted by mona

Maybe if the rework hadn't been such a colossal failure, waste of time, and spoilt the game for literally everybody...? Maybe if she'd come out the other side actually more fun to play instead of with an ultimate that amounts to spectator mode and an Res that realistically is barely useable. Maybe, maybe we could laugh about it.

so basically it's a, "too soon, man..." situation
there's been a death in the family. the body is still warm. feelings are too raw for jokes. but maybe, if we complain and brood enough, the gods will perform a miracle and resurrect our fallen loved one back to their time of glory.
02/19/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Hotaru251
02/19/2018 01:35 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe

Jokes need to be funny in first place.

Do you find being hit in the groin repeatedly funny?
(If u do I am sorry but that isn't normal)
You're comparing someone making a joke about Mercy being a sadist to being hit in the groin. That's silly.

It's not even about the rework, so I don't know why people are getting upset about that. One could have made this joke at launch as well.
02/19/2018 03:15 AMPosted by mona
02/19/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Jessicka
...Maybe if the rework hadn't been such a colossal failure, waste of time, and spoilt the game for literally everybody...? Maybe if she'd come out the other side actually more fun to play instead of with an ultimate that amounts to spectator mode and an Res that realistically is barely useable. Maybe, maybe we could laugh about it.

there's been a death in the family. the body is still warm. feelings are too raw for jokes. but maybe, if we complain and brood enough, the gods will perform a miracle and resurrect our fallen loved one back to their time of glory.
If you think a character in a videogame getting a different ability equates to a death in the family, you need professional help. I don't mean that to be insulting, I'm serious. That's unhealthy.
02/19/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Qwazi

So you "tempo-rezzed" instead of having your entire team back to 100% life on the point?
Impressive.

I bet your Reinhardt and Winston on 30% HP were really grateful for dieing shortly after you wasted your rez.
Not a great analogy, particularly as there is at least some hope the developers will see what a shambles this all is and do something about it.
Not sure if joke or not, but because a lot of people before have said this in earnest I will reply as if you are.

There's an ironic difference now where before you would wait till the enemy ults had ended/critical players died because you just could not out-heal the damage and then rez to get everyone back. Now you "actively" try to keep everyone alive with Valkyrie but you see them die without being able to do anything because you just don't have the healing power to sustain them.

I don't think a lot of people can understand just how powerless you feel when you're using your ult, doing everything right, and it didn't really matter at all because even to it's fullest capabilities it's not even enough to save someone from regular focus fire let alone ults.
02/19/2018 03:36 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe

If you think a character in a videogame getting a different ability equates to a death in the family, you need professional help. I don't mean that to be insulting, I'm serious. That's unhealthy.

i'm not sure if this is directed at me due to failure of picking up sarcasm, or simply agreeing that relating a hero rework to a death in the family is ridiculous, but just to reiterate in assuming no one has a sense of humor on this forum, these mercy mains brooding and their apparent inability to take jokes as if a reworked hero was like a fresh death in the family - which, again, is ridiculous - was the point entirely. so, in other words, i agree with you. whoever actually feels like a hero rework is related to an actual death needs professional help.
02/19/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Jessicka
Not a great analogy, particularly as there is at least some hope the developers will see what a shambles this all is and do something about it.

if this were a serious topic, sure. talking and debating about what to do with mercy is a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed and explored on all sides, which is a humorless and often infuriating experience, but an important one.

but this isn't a serious topic. it's a joke thread. and evidently no one can take a single joke despite there already being countless serious threads regarding mercy - serious threads where one can cry and beg and pray to the dev gods for whatever it is they want to become of mercy. this just isn't the place for it. i thought that obvious, but seeing so much angst on this !@#$epost really surprised me, i admit.