Old Mercy

General Discussion
02/19/2018 12:18 AMPosted by FunkyMonk
Remember when she was a sadist and let her whole team die?

Remember when players still got SR punishments for doing that? Good times.
02/19/2018 03:57 AMPosted by mona
02/19/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Jessicka
...Not a great analogy, particularly as there is at least some hope the developers will see what a shambles this all is and do something about it.

if this were a serious topic, sure. talking and debating about what to do with mercy is a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed and explored on all sides, which is a humorless and often infuriating experience, but an important one.

but this isn't a serious topic. it's a joke thread. and evidently no one can take a single joke despite there already being countless serious threads regarding mercy - serious threads where one can cry and beg and pray to the dev gods for whatever it is they want to become of mercy. this just isn't the place for it. i thought that obvious, but seeing so much angst on this !@#$epost really surprised me, i admit.
Schroedinger's comment, both serious and a joke until the reaction to it is known.
02/19/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Jessicka
02/19/2018 03:57 AMPosted by mona
if this were a serious topic, sure. talking and debating about what to do with mercy is a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed and explored on all sides, which is a humorless and often infuriating experience, but an important one.

but this isn't a serious topic. it's a joke thread. and evidently no one can take a single joke despite there already being countless serious threads regarding mercy - serious threads where one can cry and beg and pray to the dev gods for whatever it is they want to become of mercy. this just isn't the place for it. i thought that obvious, but seeing so much angst on this !@#$epost really surprised me, i admit.
Schroedinger's comment, both serious and a joke until the reaction to it is known.

copenhagen interpretation doesn't exist. as in, a collective reaction doesn't exist as a variable: "reaction", especially in this situation. if half the forum gets offended by the joke, and half the forum thinks it's hilarious, then what does that make the joke? neither wholly funny nor wholly unfunny, both offensive and inoffensive, because humor is entirely subjective. the reaction changes nothing because every reaction is immeasurably different. if someone makes a joke, and 1OO% of reactions to it were negative, does that make it a bad joke? or was the control group simply too small, isolated, biased, or with undetermined variables - i.e. a society of humorless !@#$s. and thus my point: it's these reactions - based on personality differences, life experience, maturity, etc - that i'm both humored and appalled at seeing on this thread.