Season 9 omegalul

Competitive Discussion
Is it possible to be placed in masters if you end in low diamond (with placements ~9-1)?
I ended on 3.3K last season and placed 3.7k in S8 (career high). 8-2 placements. So yea, it is possible.
It is possible, but you need to realize that Placements are based on MMR, so you can win 10 and place 100 SR higher , or win 5 and place 300 SR higher. It's about how well you play, not winrate.
02/19/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Djinn
It is possible, but you need to realize that Placements are based on MMR, so you can win 10 and place 100 SR higher , or win 5 and place 300 SR higher. It's about how well you play, not winrate.
yeah I know that :) thx for answer
02/19/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Aishyu
Is it possible to be placed in masters if you end in low diamond (with placements ~9-1)?

Season 7 - placed 3.1k, got to 3.3k, decayed to 3k
Season 8 placed 3591 with a 5-3-2 placement record. I'm not even trying to actually climb ( just doing game to prevent decay right now ).

So yeah I guess it's possible. I did 2517 to 3.1k in season 7 with just placements so I guess duh :/
I ended last season at 2350, usually end each season around high gold after being placed in high silver or low gold. This season I went 8-1-1 with amazing stats and I was placed at 2050. Placement match record and statistics do not matter at all with this many competitive seasons under our belts. It is only looking at career MMR. I can't stand being punished for the fact that I was a way worse player 20 months ago. With how volatile teammates can be in Gold and how I don't play hundreds of games each season, I'm tired of being placed so low and not having enough time to climb to Platinum consistently. The system should see I end up at 2350 or higher each season...just for one damn season, please just start me there and see how I do.