Region Locking.

General Discussion
Thoughts on region locking? just a simple ping lock example players over 150ping wont get matched in games with the other 11 people having 30ping
not to mention if you live on the west coast of the USA in the early hours you get matched against people from the asia servers. just curious on what other people think.
02/19/2018 06:14 AMPosted by ThotSentinel
Thoughts on region locking? just a simple ping lock example players over 150ping wont get matched in games with the other 11 people having 30ping
not to mention if you live on the west coast of the USA in the early hours you get matched against people from the asia servers. just curious on what other people think.
What if say im in EU and play in server but my ping is always 150+ AND can't get a better one?
Try not playing on your wifi? i dont know what to tell you man. Maybe russia needs its own region? im tired of playing with People who dont speak or understand basic english and have a 500 ping making them basically dead weight
i agree, a ping lock would make for better matches
It depends on what type of connection you're using. 100 ping on a wired connection is roughly the equivalent of 40 ping on a wireless connection. A system like this would need to take overall packet loss into account.
02/19/2018 06:26 AMPosted by ThotSentinel
Try not playing on your wifi? i dont know what to tell you man. Maybe russia needs its own region? im tired of playing with People who dont speak or understand basic english and have a 500 ping making them basically dead weight
I mean i use wifi and still usually 200+
It should be optional and I say this because I often play with someone from the EU servers because most of his online friends are American. I would be unfair for someone like him who has no issue with playing with consistent high ping. I've done the same.