What DPS heroes you think people misuse the most?

General Discussion
For me it's McCree. As a main tank player, I can usually see the positioning of people quite well. McCrees are usually flanking, a job he's plain bad for,or trying to snipe people across the map, which is just undoable because of damage falloff. Dude, stay behind cover when you engage the enemy, protect our healers and zone people with your ult. Believe me, it will work.
damage falloff? are you saying the damage will decrease as the range is increase? can you confirm this i'm really curious
sombra. not only the player, but the teamates dont use the packs or engage on an emp
Moira
I see way too many hanzo players sitting at the very back of the map and hoping to get lucky kills. Hanzo can be played at close to medium range very effectively.
Tracer

I rarely see tracers with good stats, only in high gm-top500 people actually have mastered her
Lucio.
For some reason not a lot of people try to heal with him, and yes there is such thing. His aura doesn't have unlimited range, and people seem to forget that. He's a great dps hybrid, but he still needs to look out for his teammates.
02/19/2018 09:35 AMPosted by SPACEJACK
damage falloff? are you saying the damage will decrease as the range is increase? can you confirm this i'm really curious
well yeah, most hitscans have damage fall off. s76 has them, so does tracer and reaper. for mccree his damage fall off is from 22m to 45meters. if im right, within 22 meters his damage is 70, while beyond 45 meters his damage will be 21. between 22m - 45m is then a gradient from 21 to 70 damage.
Bastion.
He has a recon mode for a reason.
They even sped up how quickly he can swap between modes.
Despite that all I ever see Bastion players do is just sit still in sentry mode and expect their entire team to work around them, while at the same time expecting the enemy team to never adapt.

Honestly attack Bastion is best because you’re constantly moving and remaining unpredictable. Yet all he’s used for is that very static defense where you see him once and know where he’ll be for the rest of the match.
Torb, the good torbs I know tend to use his turret as a distraction instead of dealing actual dps with it.

Most torbs spent half of the match hitting his turret, trying to make it reach lvl 2 and let it camps in one spot. That is a waste of time, since enemies are quick to destroy it.

The real annoying torb changes his turret's location all the time. I destroyed one, and he is already building another one in a different spot.
Problably McCree... People take the anti-flanker, medium range character to go try flank people away from the team instead of protecting his team from the enemy flankers while picking enemies at his optimal range.
Moira, I can't believe how many people think your actually supposed to heal with her.
Genji and Tracer. Oh, also McCree.
Genji's bound to be the one I see the most mistakes on since I play him the most. Every time I see a Genji flank deep before their team engages trying to solo their Mercy I die a little inside.

He's a opportunistic finisher, not a distractor. If you want to constantly annoy their backline and get out of it alive then switch to Tracer. If you want to snag sneaky kills that would have otherwise gotten away then go Genji.
Sombra, Sombra, Sombra!

Once I realized how to properly utilize her kit, I was blown away by how powerful she is. Hacking is hands down the best ability in the game (IMO). But Sombra needs her team to back her up (not sure how much things will change with her changes once they go live).

I thought EMP was useless for so long... How wrong I was. Sombra is bae. Maaaaad bae.
Bastion. I think majority of players abuse his turret mode so much it's reflecting badly on his server stats (particularly overbuff). I don't consider myself a particularly good Bastion user, yet overbuff puts most of my stats at well above average.

Any decent Bastion user will have their stats through the roof, which means most users don't use him outside of his most basic feature.

Bastion's actually more viable if you use the rest of his kit and not just go turret mode 24/7. He does need some buffs, but it doesn't help when most don't even try putting in the effort to use what he does have.
Good Doomfists use Slam+Uppercut+LMB to engage & RP to get away

Most players I've seen have been doing the opposite
Moira.... wait.
02/19/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Xian396
02/19/2018 09:35 AMPosted by SPACEJACK
well yeah, most hitscans have damage fall off. s76 has them, so does tracer and reaper. for mccree his damage fall off is from 22m to 45meters. if im right, within 22 meters his damage is 70, while beyond 45 meters his damage will be 21. between 22m - 45m is then a gradient from 21 to 70 damage.
cool thanks, i never knew this before
02/19/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Topher
sombra. not only the player, but the teamates dont use the packs or engage on an emp

This so much. Met an enemy Sombra yesterday while playing Winston who apparently didn't know damage cancels her invisibility. She saw me, put her translocator down, went invisible, then I damaged her to make her visible again. She jumped down the highground, ran a little further and then translocated right back. Too bad for her I was still waiting there. Was hoping for my team to kill her, so I didn't follow her. So she miserably failed at baiting me to follow her.

Was high Plat btw, so I was even more surprised that players are still so bad with her on that level.