Can we get a bandaid buff for Mercy

General Discussion
Please no more band-aid changes. Mercy's nerfs were nothing but band-aid changes that didn't fix anything in the long-term. She's still going to feel like !@#$ to play with minimal impact and play-making potential. If a change doesn't fix that issue, then it isn't necessary.
02/19/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Dancewknives
As is Valk is too slow and the way it controls you lose you ability to watch you surroundings to fly while also making you easier fodder to anti air.
Hasn't the complaint about Valkyrie for the past month been that it's too easy to use? What happened to the "spectator mode" complaints?

Personally I think it's always been difficult to survive and very engaging to use, but I've never had complaints about flight.
02/19/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Zwei
02/19/2018 02:39 PMPosted by WalterWhite
Out of curiosity, why do you think Mercy needs a buff? Maybe her play style is unfun, but she isn’t super weak. Take a look at overbuff, her win rate is over 50% on the new patch.
I don't think winrate is really trustable when some of the lower tier heroes have the highest winrates in the game ex. Sym. And Mercy's ult is probably the 2nd worst of all supports.

That's true when the playrates are very low (like Sym), because then e.g. for Sym, the only people that play her are mains. But Mercy has quite a high play rate, so her win rate should be fairly accurate. In most games, high play rate along with high win rate is viewed as a measure of being too strong.
02/19/2018 03:10 PMPosted by WalterWhite
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Because i think something’s wrong when acharacter’s abilities are objectively outclassed by other supports and other abilities result in an easier player death.

1. Your claim isn't really true, she is probably the second best healer right now (according to data). If you disagree, please provide some hard statistics to support your claim.
2. You look like a near Mercy one trick, I'm sure you didn't have a problem with the state of the game a patch ago when Mercy actually objectively outclassed all other healers. When you're a one trick, you must accept dealing with the cycle of being strong and weak (although she isn't weak).

Thank you for asking.
1. 30 percent damage is a joke. On top of the fact that you should heal over damage, damage buff is simply too weak. In general, it makes more sense to use your own gun rather than the limited times where damage buff makes sense (tac visor, high noon). If you want hard numbers, zen’s discord orb is better since it isnt for a single teammate on top of the fact that it benefits all teammates. This is simple math right here.
2. Rez as is a convenience, Its only safe to use if your team already has control of the situation wheras it used to be used as a last resort. On top of the fact that its the most restricted ability, it also makes you a very easy target for everyone who already was a counter to you. the time it takes to rez is valuable time that could be spent healing, which begs the question why it should be used anymore since a smart team will cancel it and kill a mercy anyway. I dont have hard numbers on this but it probably just be easier to chauffer someone back to the fight as lucio rather than rez and most likely die.
3. Valk is junk. Simply doesn’t do enough healing and is outclassed by !@#$%^ and sound barrier. Simple numbers.
4.Valk reduces your mobility. free flying gets you killed easier since you can’t fall and guardian angel speed is nerfed now. Id rather just stick to the ground now. Also, no angel dashing
5. Besides moira, your the only healer that cant heal and do damage.
Mercy is also useless without teammates.

Those are just 5 things I can think of.

As for your second question, i was pissed when mercy was OP because i KNEW the character was going to suffer the death of 1000 cuts. How come nobody at blizzard stopped amd said, “hmmm, thats really op.” Instead of releasing all this crap that would have to be dismantled later.

Edit: the censored word was transcendence.
02/19/2018 03:48 PMPosted by WalterWhite
02/19/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Zwei
...I don't think winrate is really trustable when some of the lower tier heroes have the highest winrates in the game ex. Sym. And Mercy's ult is probably the 2nd worst of all supports.

That's true when the playrates are very low (like Sym), because then e.g. for Sym, the only people that play her are mains. But Mercy has quite a high play rate, so her win rate should be fairly accurate. In most games, high play rate along with high win rate is viewed as a measure of being too strong.
Might wanna check her pickrate in the higher ranks. It's pitiful along with Ana.
I would like to see her ult reset rez cooldown.
02/19/2018 03:41 PMPosted by inplane
Please no more band-aid changes. Mercy's nerfs were nothing but band-aid changes that didn't fix anything in the long-term. She's still going to feel like !@#$ to play with minimal impact and play-making potential. If a change doesn't fix that issue, then it isn't necessary.

Thats a good point. I was just trying to make a simple as possibke changes(just change numbers in code) rather than suggesting something more involved because as is playing mercy feels like a handicap.
02/19/2018 01:50 PMPosted by RagingTide
Given that, mercy is still in a good space. I climbed about 400 SR post-nerf simply because without the ability to press q and go braindead, other mercys actually have to be good or swap. I do feel like she could use a small buff, something like either removing the slow-rez while in valk or perhaps giving her something else that would allow skilled mercys to shine.

02/19/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Fail4Me
Ofc mercy doesnt need the same management thingy, but a higher skill cap would make her more engaging and more rewarding when she's mastered. There used to be a lot more difference between a good and a bad mercy. Maybe she needs a new ability.. Idk.

Not a revert, but something new for sure.

This, so much this, whatever buff they give her I want it to re-increase her skill-ceiling, prior to this rework she may have been easy to pick up but she was hard to master, and there was a real difference between a good and bad Mercy player, now it feels like no matter how good I am as her often times I’m dependant on my tank to provide cover for rez, Valkyrie is very “meh” and while I love zooming around saving people and enchanting their damage she needs something to make skilled Mercys stand out.
02/19/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Dancewknives

4.Valk reduces your mobility. free flying gets you killed easier since you can’t fall and guardian angel speed is nerfed now. Id rather just stick to the ground now. Also, no angel dashing

Um...what? Valk grants you free flight...which increase your mobility 100x, grants you a longer GA range, AND you CAN "angel dash" during Valk, I do it all the time.

If you want to stick to the ground...you can stick to the ground during valk.

Saying Valk reduces your mobility is laughable.
02/19/2018 07:22 PMPosted by SirRocknRyan
02/19/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Dancewknives

Um...what? Valk grants you free flight...which increase your mobility 100x, grants you a longer GA range, AND you CAN "angel dash" during Valk, I do it all the time.

If you want to stick to the ground...you can stick to the ground during valk.

Saying Valk reduces your mobility is laughable.

You have no momentum in valk. Guardian angel speed is reduced to normal levels. You must not know what angel dashing is.

The way freeflight is controlled it takes away your ability to move and look in two speperate directions, also it removes gravity so you cant use it to descend as easily thus removing mobility.

The problem with “sticking to the ground” is that gravity does it for you instead of having to manually adjust it myself in freeflight. But yes, you can manually stay on the ground in valk, the only problem is that you have big glowing red wings and announce it to the whole game so that everyone besides the guy with his screen off and volume muted will know what’s happening.

Nice try. Better luck next time tho.