Is Overwatch dying?

General Discussion
Discuss.
No. Stop it with these threads. They aren't helping with bringing people into the game with telling people that your thoughts the game is dying.
Well deathmatch is the only nontoxic fun mode every time.
I think its seeing a slow decline in concurrent players. I don't believe they release the numbers. I'm sure over the past few months people will have gotten frustrated and moved on.

I don't think the game is dying at a fast rate. And I also think as long on the Overwatch team continues to produce more content (outside events at least) people will keep playing.

However, if they somehow make a mistake like Mercy 2.0 it would probably cause a lot of issues. Especially if they do it soon. I think they really need to up the pace on balancing. They also really need to either use the PTR for actual balance testing or at the very least use it more frequently. Waiting for metas to settle down and see whats truly broken is not a good balance strategy.
I thinks it’s being tortured and slowly dying.

Toxicity is really taking its time on this kill;)
Yeah, you guessed it. Overwatch it's suffering from hypernatremia. Doctors have tried their best but can't keep up with the rising toxicity :(.
02/19/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Gooby
Discuss.

02/19/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Crimpson
No. Stop it with these threads. They aren't helping with bringing people into the game with telling people that your thoughts the game is dying.
I like to see it more as a way for people to discuss what state they think the game is currently in.

Yeah, be political... this is like saying Hillary is going to win by a landslide in the electoral college vote, only to be owned by Trump.

Lie about everything, obfuscate everything, sucker people into buying a game that is on its downward slope.

Why am I not surprised by that snake oil reply.
I think many players love the game and dont want it to, but there are many things that force breaks from the game or people just leaving out right. Examples of this are slow balance time, slow content development, and metas strats that teams have to mirror to stand a chance.

However there are also some things in the game that might make some regret spending the money on it. Examples of this are a) I bought the game because I watched OWL and it seemed fun. We all know that how OWL plays and how ladder plays are two different things. b) comp is played with two different rule sets based on where you are on the ladder. Diamond and above you just have to play to win, but plat and below you have to play to win and perform better than everyone else in your rank on that character. The next thing I can see for new players maybe regretting is "niche" heroes. I bought the game and like playing torb and doomfist, but when I get to comp I am reported for a hero choice and banned by an automated system. So not sure if it dying but it can give a bad impression.
02/19/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Sinnirr

Yeah, be political... this is like saying Hillary is going to win by a landslide in the electoral college vote, only to be owned by Trump.

Lie about everything, obfuscate everything, sucker people into buying a game that is on its downward slope.

Why am I not surprised by that snake oil reply.

Don't get me wrong. I am completely fine with people providing their opinions on the status of what they think the game is in, but if you are a strong supporter of the game and want to bring people into the game so the game can be successful, making threads like this could lead to players thinking there is no reason to play if no one else is playing, but the thing is, People are playing the game and enjoying it. It is mostly the vocal minority that are coming on here and posting stuff like. "Is Overwatch dying?" or something like that which could push people away from playing the game instead of bringing people in to play again.
People have been making " -X- game is dying? " threads since game forums have been a thing, just take a gander at WoW's forums, every single expansion since Vanilla has been heralded by one person or another as the one that will end WoW, every new MMO is one that will certainly be the WoW-killer.

It never pans out.

That being said, I personally know that myself and my friends have decreased our hours of play due to toxicity in games, changes that make us enjoy the game less ( re: Mercy ) and also just of new content to nab up outside of events. The addition of the 100+ items from base lootboxes was something I think was sorely needed.
No, but I haven't been playing as much as I used to and I was thinking about why and came to the conclusion that it's just not fun to chill and play QP anymore with all the crazy picks. I can only take so much of teams who attack on a payload map with Hanzo, Widow, Genji, Tracer and Junkrat leaving me to pick a tank with no healer or a healer who wants to give up on life because of the team I have to heal. Either way we lose and it just sucks.

I'm all for doing whatever because it's QP but there's only so much of this throw pick nonsense that I can take before it gets really boring and unfun.
Overwatch isn’t alive, but you and I are.
No.
SHUT THE FUQ UP
YOURE SCARING AWAY NEW PLAYERS
I don't think it's dying but more like they need to make the base game more playable, i don't consider them fixing balancing will stop it from dying. but more a long the line doing more to the base game and not just rely on the events to make the game fun to play. also lately it seems they rely more on the competitive side of it more then anything and to me that's not a good thing, not everyone in the community plays comp, or are competitive players and blizzard needs to do some changes to keep the majority of the casual players interested in their game still. if they always just focus on events and comp a good majority of the player base will go down
We're all dying. It's just a matter of how fast and from what.
If Overwatch is dying then it's been dying for a really looooong time. Almost since launch.
02/19/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Gooby
Discuss.

Making a productive post includes defending your thesis! Why do you think it is dying?

I am actually pretty sure they said the same thing about League one year after it released
No, why in the hell do people keep asking this?

Gigantic is dying. Lawbreakers is dying. Games like these have a quantifiable decline in playerbase.

Meanwhile what indication is there that Overwatch isn't as popular as ever to cause people to constantly ask whether the game is dying or not?