Newbie to OW and lovin' it

General Discussion
Hi guys!

It's my third day on OW and I really like it. I am one of those heals-only people and I really am enjoying playing Mercy. Especially when she speaks English instead of German.

I gotta admit it sucks when my team gets wiped out, but it's a lot of fun when we hold our own.

Hope you guys are having as much fun as I am! I love this game. :D
The world could always use more healers <3
Hello and welcome

Take this as a small token of Jellies gratitude

Hands you an imaginary cookie;)
Ahh welcome! Glad you like this game. :3 (Even tho im only level 41 lol but still I can welcome people) (Also, why does it say i have 2 posts?? I should have 8 or so .-.)
Let me prepare you for what’s to come
“I need healing.”
Right on glad to hear..great game,play the hero’s that make you happy!
Thanks guys. :D I only have eyes for Mercy, though. Is that allowed? Can you just play one hero and that's no problem?
Welcome! May you always have line of sight of your team! Good Luck!
you're a lying smurf anyway
People will get upset whatever you do,main a hero or switch..do what makes you happy and run with it
02/19/2018 09:34 PMPosted by HanzoMaker
you're a lying smurf anyway

Wait, what? What am I lying about? o.o

02/19/2018 09:34 PMPosted by iLLmaticz
People will get upset whatever you do,main a hero or switch..do what makes you happy and run with it

That's what I needed to know! Thanks!
02/19/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Serenicus
Thanks guys. :D I only have eyes for Mercy, though. Is that allowed? Can you just play one hero and that's no problem?

It's a game of counters. It's fine if you have fun maining Mercy, but always be ready to know other supports, in case another player selects Mercy before you. Zen and Lucio are a lot of fun. Also certain heroes are good picks for certain maps. For example, Lucio is really good for Illios Well.

It also wouldn't hurt to know a tank or two just in case.
02/19/2018 09:35 PMPosted by RichC

It's a game of counters. It's fine if you have fun maining Mercy, but always be ready to know other supports, in case another player selects Mercy before you. Zen and Lucio are a lot of fun. Also certain heroes are good picks for certain maps. For example, Lucio is really good for Illios Well.

It also wouldn't hurt to know a tank or two just in case.

Thanks! :-D I am not huge on Lucio until I can get that jazz outfit for him. xD
Mercy is great , but once you become better at the game you should try zen.
Serenicus, I hope you enjoy your time in Overwatch. No matter who you play, just know you’re part of an amazing and loving community!

raises glass of Pinot Noir

Serenicus, this toast is for you. For Serenicus!

Cheers!
- PyroPanda
Play comp only after level 100. Dont make my mistake ...

U can play mostly one hero, but is good to lnow how to play some othets, even if they are not support. Imagibe that mercy is taken, what could you add to the team? Look for guides in youtube for the heroes u wanr to main.

He called you a smurf, a person who makes a brand new account so that they are playing with lower level characters and can rompastomp all the newbies with less experience. Pretty big problem in OW.

Either way, welcome to the community. :) The game is alot of fun. Heaps of cool people. But keep in mind, there is a large amount of toxic players in the community. But try and have fun either way.
02/19/2018 09:41 PMPosted by PapaBigScrot

He called you a smurf, a person who makes a brand new account so that they are playing with lower level characters and can rompastomp all the newbies with less experience. Pretty big problem in OW.

Either way, welcome to the community. :) The game is alot of fun. Heaps of cool people. But keep in mind, there is a large amount of toxic players in the community. But try and have fun either way.

Oh, no, I actually am new. I started out in D3, then my guildies branched out into Heroes of the Storm, and finally they dragged me into OW with promises of a really hot Swiss girl with mechanical wings and a healing beam.

Admittedly, she's easier on the eyes than a six year old Panda. But less tea. (I only play LiLi in HOTS.)

I appreciate the welcome, guys. :D My friends are at a much higher level, but I've been healing for them for a long time so they'll break me into things.

I do understand that probably learning another support is important. I'll try to see which one I can handle.

You can play one hero as you please, but it won't hurt to make yourself familiar with the other healers.

While it's fine to have a main and few will complain too heavily over you one-tricking a hero like Mercy, I recommend you do try to keep up some level of competence on a few other heroes.

Switching to counter the enemy can turn a game and sometimes you'll run into another Mercy main, so having at least once alternative is ideal. Also, learning other heroes can actually improve your skills on your main greatly as you'll have a better grasp of their strengths and weakness and therefore, how best to fight against them.

And also, I think you might find yourself surprised by some heroes. Certainly for me, there's many heroes I didn't think I'd enjoy until I actually tried them and in some cases, heroes take awhile to fully grasp but once you do, they become incredibly fun.

But yeah, just my two cents. Main Mercy all you wish and if you truly don't enjoy others, even one-trick, but don't limit yourself and be open minded because you might well end up surprised.