is overwatching becoming a spectator game

Competitive Discussion
sorry for stealing stylosa's latest video but i think he had some valid points.

now i love this game i love the way that it works and i love the way the heroes play and the way... like the whole game just feels ( it's hard to explain). watching owl has made me wanna play the game more and has kinda brought me back to comp. but i agree with what stylosa said when he said that this game to him is not as fun as it used to be.

watching owl and seeing what some of the best players in the world can do, has made me wanna do the same things. but the problem with comp as a whole is, unless you queue up with a full team, it's so hard to make a team comp work. you either have an amazing game with a great team and this game is the best thing in the world, or you have a game where you get an attack torb on 2cp with an attack sym and you lose and you just think this game is designed by monkeys on the moon.( suck it blizzard :P)

so i'm honestly watching more of overwatch than i am playing and i think that this game is becoming a rly fun game to watch... bu8t not so much fun to play anymore.

what do you all think though
personally after 4 months of mercy meta and the wild variance in player skill levels, it's just hard for me to enjoy the game anymore
I agree wholeheartedly, i love the concept, i love watching ow but playing it has become a chore with the way its been designed as a dice roll for the chance that you MIGHT get a working team together(idc about one tricks, i mean a team that genuinely works together"
Been a spectator main for half a year now. I liked overwatch alot but the very obvious balance issues taking WAY too long to fix is not something I'll patiently sit around waiting to happen. I have moved on to other multiplayer games that dont take months to balance and hotfix. I still watch streams but playing is not on my radar right now.
I am not so sure, OWL is still very boring to watch far more fun to play. You guys are probably going into games to get cooperation, teamwork, good dps mains and good comms. I go into games with the intention of carrying any old rubbish I encounter, if they want to work as a team and help me even better.

I go into games for good craic and banter, to frag the hell out of the enemy team, memes, 900iq plays, girls with French accents and to wind up Mercy one tricks, I have not titled for the last 2 seasons and I have actually gained sr by goofing around. I don’t think you’ll get “good games” on the competitive ladder.
02/19/2018 11:54 PMPosted by onetrick
personally after 4 months of mercy meta and the wild variance in player skill levels, it's just hard for me to enjoy the game anymore

Add to that the fact there's still been very little to nothing in the way of competitive changes for any tier below diamond, and recently Mercy now being in a state where her standard kit is balanced but her ultimate is a spectating ability (aka fairly dead in the water, which Jeff states isn't in a bad spot, for a rework that many didn't really want). The lack of two way discussion with feedback is also a problem.
do you really think the removal of PBSR will be successful in lower ELO? It didn't do anything to stop one trick players in high ELO and players in low ELO already don't care about winning
02/20/2018 03:09 AMPosted by onetrick
do you really think the removal of PBSR will be successful in lower ELO? It didn't do anything to stop one trick players in high ELO and players in low ELO already don't care about winning

Lower sr benefits massively from having pbsr as you can wind up with dps who average 14e per 10mins which is absolutely dreadful in bronze nevermind platinum, move these guys to below 500sr where the belong.
Even if the flawed PBSR won't go for platinum or any tier lower than diamond, at least reduce the insanely huge skill rating gap allowed for groups to something like 500 instead of the current 1000. That would help slightly.
02/20/2018 02:28 AMPosted by kiesu
Been a spectator main for half a year now. I liked overwatch alot but the very obvious balance issues taking WAY too long to fix is not something I'll patiently sit around waiting to happen. I have moved on to other multiplayer games that dont take months to balance and hotfix. I still watch streams but playing is not on my radar right now.

Spectator main...I like that. No but you are correct I used to play ow about 5hrs a night but now a days it’s good if I’m even on for an hr cuz I don’t wanna deal with toxicity. I hope blizzard does turn this game around because it’s an amazing game when it is working the way they want it to.
Yeah... been enjoying more QP. Leavers get replaced, trolls don’t mean much, game is what you make it. Much healthier for me.
So then would replacing leavers in comp make the game better for everyone. Like it’s not a full fix but it could be a bandaid for a bit til blizzard gets off their asses and truly fixes the problem with throwers