switching from PC to Xbox.

General Discussion
i need to get used to a controller, any tips so i don't get smashed first day. like controller settings for PC?
Turn your sensitivity up for starters;)

I would also recommend remaking buttons if the default one don’t work for you.

And if your moving to Xbox, JellyandJam7 welcomes you.
Honestly, the swap is going to be really brutal. I can't play console after playing PC for a while. Just fiddle around with settings and good luck!
02/20/2018 07:03 AMPosted by JellyandJam
This

It helps if your transitioning to PC, considering PC sensitivity is really high most of the time.

I turn aim smoothing down a little too, it helps me aim faster.

And since you probably already know maps and heroes...Pharah is pretty good on console, she’s harder to take out there. And Widowmaker isn’t very good. That’s atleast what I’ve heard.
dont
Also they are expensive and I am not sure if you can get new ones anymore, but the Xbox Elite Controllers allow you to remap the controller more and give you more options when it comes to aiming and using more buttons/paddles.
Pick up a single player fps to get the feel of it if you care about playing bad in the beginning. You can't go wrong with the Handsome Jack Collection of Borderlands.
02/20/2018 07:02 AMPosted by ThyOperator
i need to get used to a controller, any tips so i don't get smashed first day. like controller settings for PC?

Yes, turn your sensitivity up, but do it gradually. Start out at like 40, and then increase it by 5 every few days that you play a good amount.

Torbjorn isn't completely useless on defense. Symmetra is way more annoying but still manageable with proper game sense.

Pharmercy is cancerous until you hit high Diamond/Low Masters

Winston is a bad pick in general on console right now, for whatever reason. Unlike PC where Winston sees more play the higher the ELO, on console you'll see him less and less the higher you climb right now.

Ana is finally usable again since the Mercy nerf.

Nothing else really sticks out to me that's really any different.
Try to play with heroes like Tracer or Dva, to get used to developing fast button pressing for one.

Also like the above people said, try to get used to higher sensitivity.
02/20/2018 07:38 AMPosted by FAC3theMUSIK
02/20/2018 07:02 AMPosted by ThyOperator

Yes, turn your sensitivity up, but do it gradually. Start out at like 40, and then increase it by 5 every few days that you play a good amount.

Torbjorn isn't completely useless on defense. Symmetra is way more annoying but still manageable with proper game sense.

Winston is a bad pick in general on console right now, for whatever reason. Unlike PC where Winston sees more play the higher the ELO, on console you'll see him less and less the higher you climb right now.

Bastion is cancerous at lower ELO.
As a console player, I'm noticing that 30 on both vertical and horizontal do great for slow moving players, but for someone like me (who can register about 260 FPS), I use 75 on both.
02/20/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Poisoned
02/20/2018 07:38 AMPosted by FAC3theMUSIK

Bastion is cancerous at lower ELO.

I forgot because I've been stuck in Diamond for about 8 Months. ;-;
use different settings for each hero. i bind jump to right stick click and b for melee for genji and lucio. makes wall climb ad ride easier.

also up you aim sensitivity for snipers.

i always practice when i swap from pc to console and back
02/20/2018 07:50 AMPosted by GIR
use different settings for each hero. i bind jump to right stick click and b for melee for genji and lucio. makes wall climb ad ride easier.

also up you aim sensitivity for snipers.

i always practice when i swap from pc to console and back

Left Trigger also works for Jump if that fits you better.

My controls for Genji and Doomfist are really wonky.

Genji

Jump: LT
Dash: LB
Secondary Fire: RB
Deflect: A

Doomfist
Jump: LT
Rocket Punch: RT
Primary Fire: RStick
Quick Melee: A
My 1 tip is

Dont

PcWatch is better, console has a !@#$ ton of issues
02/20/2018 07:54 AMPosted by MagyTheMage
My 1 tip is

Dont

Not entirely.
02/20/2018 07:54 AMPosted by MagyTheMage
My 1 tip is

Dont

Care to list this MASSIVE ammount of issues? cause Console and PC versions are almost identical.
Wait a little while and buy a xim apex. Mkb is more fun than controller. I tried playing controller at first, but it was just awful. Other shooters I never had a problem, but OW is terrible on controller.

And if your moving to Xbox, JellyandJam7 welcomes you.

FiddlyBiscuits welcomes you as well :)
Since you are just starting I recommend upping sensitivity up to fifty-fifty, and nothing else, wait until you get used to the controller before doing anything else