For Those Confused About the New Forum Talk

General Discussion
The blizzard team is reworking the forums sometime today. They are adding in a few things such as a trust system and a flagging option. Gaining trust allows you to have more things, such as gifs and links. The whole thing is in the link below. Hope I helped solve a bit of confusion.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761366034
Will we still come to the same url or is it an entirely new website? Do we have to re-register and all that, or does our account info transfer over?
It's hard to know if it'll be a new URL.
I hope they fix my damn profile. I don't even play on US ffs and my level is more than double what's displayed there now.
i dont know yet what this trust system implies, but i dont like how it sounds.

i think it means that you will get some sort of "karma points" if your comments gets likes , and lose some privileges on the forum if you get dislikes.
what i dont like is that saying "controversial" stuff might have bad consequences, even tho youre not wrong
Thanks mate, helps a bunch in knowing what on earth people are talking about. You saved me the googling.
02/20/2018 09:15 AMPosted by AnnoD

i think it means that you will get some sort of "karma points" if your comments gets likes , and lose some privileges on the forum if you get dislikes.
what i dont like is that saying "controversial" stuff might have bad consequences, even tho youre not wrong

Yes but if you are a truth speaker (whether controversial or not) you should have times when you aren't being controversial. Being controversial 100% of the time tends to be the behavior of a troll. New system should keep you in the middle somewhere.
02/20/2018 09:15 AMPosted by AnnoD

Anytime there's a trust system, I'd be worried. It means people would have to be posting often to try and boost their numbers. Guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm predicting a chaotic mass of pointless karma whoring threads and people simply fishing for upvotes and such.

02/20/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Point

Yes but if you are a truth speaker (whether controversial or not) you should have times when you aren't being controversial. Being controversial 100% of the time tends to be the behavior of a troll. New system should keep you in the middle somewhere.

The problem is that this community is extremely divided. Truth or not, controversial or not, there will be a whole group of people that will upvote or downvote a post simply because they agree or disagree. And when it comes to using liked and disliked comments as a basis for forum "trust", this creates a problem of people just downvoting based on disagreement. We can disagree with our words instead of by downvoting, but people don't do that.