Mac Technical Support

Dec 8 macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 Now Available Apple released an update for macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.2). Patch notes for High Sierra 10.13.2 are found on Apple's website. This macOS update from Apple includes updates to improve the security, stability, and compatibility. 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.13.2 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site.Eloemaz0 Dec 8
Mar 12, 2013 Welcome to Mac Technical Support Welcome to the Mac Technical Support forum for StarCraft II! This forum exists to provide StarCraft II customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-5pm Pacific, 5 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: Online Ticket - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Blizzard account. Phone Support - You can schedule a callback from us from 10am - 6pm Pacific time, 5 days a week. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Machkhan0 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Common Technical Issues and Solutions Hello friends! Below, you will find frequently posted technical issues with relevant support articles that may help resolve your issues. Low frame rates and performance during gameplay Lockups, crashes, black screens during gameplay Lockups, crashes, black screens on game launch This is a living document, so please check back from time to time for updated common issues. Thanks!Machkhan0 Mar 12, 2013
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth4 Jul 1
2d Fix – Starcraft BW for Mac I used to play Starcraft/Brood War and just installed it on my Mac Mini late-2012 running macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. I did the installation using the Battlenet desktop app. The game launched fine but failed to create single-player characters. The game cannot be played in single-player mode, custom games or campaigns, without a "character name" under which to save the replays and save game files. The game will report that the disk is full – not correct, the actual reason is that the game does not have permission to write to the location where it is trying to save the files. This location is: ~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard (The ~, a tilde, represents your Mac account name.) First be sure that the game is NOT running. Select the Blizzard folder at that location. Press Command-I to bring up the info window. At the bottom of the info window, you will see a Sharing & Permissions section. You should see your Mac account name and "everyone". Under Privilege, use the dropdown menu to change the privilege for both your account name and "everyone" to "Read & Write". Below that you will see a little cog-widget, click that and choose "Apply to enclosed items...". A dialogue will appear, click OK and enter your administrator password if prompted. The game will now have the required permissions to write files to that location. I believe that when the Blizzard folder at that location was created it was not assigned the proper permissions. This is not the fault of the OS, it is the fault of Blizzard's installer. Hopefully this will be addressed because not all Mac users will know how to perform this simple fix and even some who read the instructions I provide above will not be able to apply it properly.Astronomer0 2d
3d Razer Naga Mouse Problems I have a Razer Naga mouse (The one with the number pad on the side). After this recent patch I can't create a control group using the numbers on the mouse and the ctrl key, but if I use the control key and the numbers on the keyboard it works. Will there be a fix for this? Any known solutions?LoveCrashes72 3d
4d COOP Mission is not loading From 2 days Im trying to play COOP missions, and the loading bar stucks at about 70% and the maps are not loading. I cannot play COOP now. I have tried and with single player, also I cannot load the map. Im using iMac Late 2015 27inchdmxdemon0 4d
4d Less than 40 FPS on latest MacBook Pro 15'' I just got a fancy MacBook Pro 15'' with i7 and a Radeon Pro 555 and I found to my surprise that in game the FPS don't go above 40 with EVERYTHING LOW, it even drops below 20 some times. I think there must be something going on in StarCraft II. Is this known? Any ETA where this would work? I guess my best solution is to boot to Windows? Thanks!ReoS0 4d
5d A problem occurred while connecting (video) Every time I join certain arcade games, I get the error: "Error. A problem has occurred while connecting to the game. Please try again later." This problem seems to have been around for a while now. It has only gotten worse for me since the free-to-play patch but I think around September was when I was getting this error/problem for the first times. It only seems to happen in arcade, with certain games. I made a video recreating the problem. I did a tracerroute a couple weeks ago and was getting packet losses around the 3rd node, but since I was still able to join other games easily I have a problem that's not where the problem is coming from. Here's the link to the video: https://youtu.be/ipI6A8fkIjY Other posts made that seem to reference same problem : https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/17613354702 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20748144931?page=1 Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013 model Running MacOS high Sierra Version 10.13.2 Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 mbThulohot0 5d
6d Low fps after last patch Hello, after patch 4.1 i have low fps. Before the patch i had more than 60 fps at the start of the game, but now i have 45 fps. I play on an old computer (2007 iMac) and i could play without any problem. I tried to repair it from the launcher. I needed to download some files, but nothing changed. I tried to repair it another time, but it says that everything is fine. Everything is on low or not enabled in the settings. This problem occurs when i am in the main menu too. Thank you in advance.Ruspa5 6d
6d Editor crashing when trying to browse models Everything is up to date, then this starting happening.MOTHER1 6d
Jan 11 Battlenet & SCII app won't open. I was just playing a few hours ago. I fell asleep. Woke up and wanted to play some diplo. I open my mac, I click the battlenet and starcraft II application, but it just keeps saying "Blizzard Error: This application encountered an unexpected error". Did the game just uninstall itself or some kind of bug?GRiZ0 Jan 11
Jan 10 game freezes, gtx 1080ti, i7-7800K, 16GB Ram Hi, when I play the game, it's all fine until I press on the arrow buttons or the window key, now thankfully I don't play with the arrows, but this should not happen. I have a pg279 as monitor and I have tried different settings: -60hz to 165hz -low res, max res -G-SYNC off and on the game freezes and screen goes black then I have to force close the game.pumpshotty1 Jan 10
Jan 10 Downloading sc2 twice battlenet error I had to download starcraft 2 twice because of some battle net error. I love starcraft so I downloaded it twice on another drive. That's all fine but I cannot delete the old starcraft on my other file. It says it is still downloading wait till it is finished or says battlenet errorllllllllllll0 Jan 10
Jan 6 SC2 unable to run lower than 5K res I'm running StarCraft II on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 on a MacBook Pro with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB with a connected LG UltraFine 5K External Monitor. When playing SC2 on the ext monitor, the only available resolution is the full resolution 5120x2880, which obviously my MBP would struggle to handle. There are no any other resolutions on the drop-down list. Have also tried altering Variables.txt. No effect. If I unplug the ext monitor and just run it on the laptop alone however, resolution list is there. Any help?zyntax0 Jan 6
Jan 5 Problem to start SC2 Hello, i am encountering a pretty annoying bug. Every time i want to start sc2, the window to download the stream services or something like that opens but without text. I uploaded a picture of it https://imgur.com/a/KpPW4. It gets stuck there and if i force quit sc2, the next time i start it, it doesn't do anything. Sometimes i can start sc2 if i have luck and try multiple times or use the repair assistent multiple times, but there is no permanent fix i have found. I would appreciate your help. Thank you MyLittleDTMyLittleDT1 Jan 5
Jan 4 Mac editor crashing when clicking I am not sure if this is only happening for me or everyone else, but the Mac editor has started crashing every time I've tried to create a new unit from any category whether it be sounds, units, models. This only started happening within the past hour and I am very very worried. Here is what I have tried to fix this: 1. Restarting the computer. 2. Updating the Mac to latest version. 3. Try this on other files. This will happen in any type of file whether it be map or mod and even default files. I have yet to try scanning for viruses. The Mac I am using is overall a very good one. Top of the line although low on computer space. Is this happening with everyone or just myself. I don't know how to fix this.RayoftheSun0 Jan 4
Jan 2 Mouse issue after drag scroll on High Sierra I've made the initial post here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20759247246?page=2#post-39 but since most of the posts were related to vsync or mouse lag issue, I think mine is slightly different. My mouse doesn't track on the down + right direction anymore after drag scrolling with middle mouse button. All small & fine movements are not registered. Only restarting will fix this until the next time it's triggerred. I'm on High Sierra 10.13.1PureXtreme2 Jan 2
Jan 2 Mouse trouble since High Sierra Updated to MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and getting major mouse issues in game. The curser tracking is off, tracks normally for a moment, then curser speed drops suddenly. It’s quite erratic and makes competitive play impossible (my poor MMR :( ) Enabling “reduce mouse lag” seems to help, but my FPS drops from 60 to 20-30 which also impacts negatively on competitive play. I tried dropping graphics settings quite a bit lower but still can’t get the frame rate back up. Anyone else experiencing similar? I’m using a 2012 iMac 27” with nvidia GTX 680MX and a Logitech g303 mouse. Setup worked perfectly before the update.zidan47 Jan 2
Dec 30 No Sound Every other program has sound and Starcraft had sound the day before. I've tried ctrl + s and ctrl + m and restoring the sound settings. I also rebooted and checked the sound output in system preferences.Christopher39 Dec 30
Dec 27 Co-Op Commander Audio Hi there, When I play with commanders using the new Mira and Matt Comm. I keep on hearing their unit's quotes once they have been trained (etc. Wraith awaiting orders) it has happened more than once but I don't think it has been consistent across the board, mostly it is when Matt has Dominion Fleet units called down. Thanks! :)NewArcturus1 Dec 27
Dec 26 Agent wants to make changes pop-up Outside of the game, a pop-up with a Blizzard logo asks, "Agent wants to make changes." and it needs my admin password to confirm. Is this a trojan from absentmindedly joining a party within the game where in then instead of joining a party, something starts to try and download? Anyway, I thought I'd pass this on. Let me know if you have any questions.EricTheRed6 Dec 26
Dec 23 free memory issue i have 69gb of free memory and battlenet does not allow me to download it it tells me "insufficient disk space" i have just 1 partition how can i fix it ? here is a screenshot https://ibb.co/cAmjVR <link href="https://ibb.co/cAmjVR">ion1 Dec 23
Dec 19 Game crashes during Scythe of Amon load. Hello all, Every time I go to play coop I have to hope I don't get put into a Scythe of Amon game, since my game will always crash during the load. I've erased the game and redownloaded, but that hasn't solved the issue. I've submitted several troubleshooting reports to blizzard, but this has been going on for well over a month or more. Any thoughts, or ideas? Thanks!Drpwnsauce1 Dec 19
Dec 20 Total Career Games = 0 Hi guys, I've noticed some bug since last 4.0 patch. Many players now have Total Career Games = 0. Why is that? First I thought "maybe I've just played with completly newbie? SC is now for free"... but not ;) Best KJPKJP2 Dec 20
Dec 17 NO units of the legacy of the void I'm using OS X EI Capition now and I found I can't play any unit in legacy of the void! I aleary buy it for a long time and complete all campaigns in the void. Anyone can help me??? Really want to play :(TenThousand0 Dec 17
Dec 16 Performance drop in High Sierra Hi guys, Previously ran SC2 on maxed out settings on 1650x1050 resolution on my 15" macbook pro with radeon 560 on Sierra. Since updating to High Sierra, I have to drop it to medium settings before it's even playable. I'm using openGL 2.1 but I've tried openGL 4.1 beta and metal beta as well with no luck.TMA17 Dec 16
Dec 16 Metal support ala HoTS As of the latest PTR, support for Metal (and OpenGL 4.1) has been removed from Heroes of the Storm. It's buggy, yea, but still performs way better than the deprecated OpenGL 2.1 on modern Macs. Given they share the same engine, should we expect Metal to be removed from Starcraft 2 in time? That would likely render the game unplayable for many (given the state of OpenGL in High Sierra), which would be unfortunate.wubsylol2 Dec 16
Dec 7 V sync issue (again) Hi, I've just upgraded my macOS to High Sierra GM (EDIT: now to official macOS High Sierra 10.13 17A365) and old issue with V sync came back. Usually I have around 160-180 fps. Now it's 58-59fps. Last time we've all waited for a new patch because problem appeared after a new SC2 patch. Now it's caused by new macOS version. I found some "solution". I need to go to Menu->Options->Graphic and tick V sync ON, then back to game, then (again) go to Options and tick V sync OFF. This is the only way to unblock my regular FPS. And I have to do it in every game. Always first ON then OFF. macOS High Sierra 10.13 17A365 Macbook Pro 15-inch (mid 2012) Intel Core i7 2,3 Ghz 16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M + Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MBKJP8 Dec 7
Dec 6 required files missing, please reinstall SC SC says "required files are missing, please reinstall SC" when I try and start the game. This began happening right after the 4.0.1 patch.....HELP! I really don't want to re-download the entire gameMaMMut12 Dec 6
Dec 2 Problem with disconnection Hey, so today I was playing ranked game with my friend and in two of these games the Starcraft told me that I have a connection problem (even though I could still talk to my friend via Teamspeak and on Steam I was online too). That is not so bad right? Well, the problem is that in it just completely disconnected me for some reason (I was online on the Battlenet too that moment, so that's interesting) from both of the games, so my friend had to play alone. It upsets me that you have to leave the game just because you lost connection to Battlenet for 5 seconds. I would be very happy if Blizzard did something about that.zdendullah2 Dec 2
Nov 27 Unable to launch Starcraft II Hey, Friend and I have been having issues with Starcraft II very recently. When launching the game from the Battle.net app, we see the icon appear in the dock, and immediately crash out. No menu, no game screen, etc. I'm running El Capitan (10.11.6). system.log shows the following at crash time: Nov 24 09:49:08 c4b301d45471 SC2[38426]: dyld: can't resolve symbol __ZN11clampcursor19ConfineCursorToViewEP6NSViewPK6CGRect in /Applications/StarCraft II/Versions/Base59587/SC2.app/Contents/MacOS/SC2 because dependent dylib #20 could not be loaded Nov 24 09:49:10 c4b301d45471 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x10000012.SC2[38426]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1 I've tried the following: - Removing the 'Battle.net' folder from /Users/Shared - Deleting the 'Variables.txt' file from '/Users/$me/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/StarCraft II' - Re-installing Starcraft II -Moving to a different wireless networkmaaaaxxx3 Nov 27
Nov 27 Force SC2 to use specific graphic card I have a MacBook Pro with 3 Graphic Cards: - Intel HD Graphics 530 okay, no one wants to have that for gaming ... - AMD Radeon Pro 450 yeah thats better and the only graphic card shown in the Graphic options in Starcraft II - AMD Radeon Vega RX 64 Attached as eGPU via TB3, found as "AMD RX xxx", this one I want StarCraft to use. In order to have latest driver support in macOS I'm running 10.13.2 beta4 So how can I tell StarCraft II (any startup option?) to use a specific graphic card?peshay0 Nov 27
Nov 25 cursor problem my cursor is unable to select a building or unit whilst in gameDuster1 Nov 25
Nov 24 Battle Net Launcher keeps crashing After updating to 10.13.1 Battlenet launcher starts and immediately crashes. Won't play Diablo III or StarCraft IIStarkiller4 Nov 24
Nov 23 "Internal Error" issue for Mac I've been having to deal with this internal error issue. It's described on post 4 on "[Mac] SC2 1.5.1 Error Troubleshooting (Updated 8/13)" thread. The solution described by blizz hasn't worked for me. My language is correct, and uninstalling hasn't helped. I've spoken to customer service as well. BLIZZ, please find a new solution that can help me play again!!Powerhaus26 Nov 23
Nov 23 Can't create Game at Arcade after update After update Starcraft 2 I can't create a custom Game at Arcade, please let me know how to fix or fix for me. I'm using MacBook Pro 15" 2017, newest macOS versionDeterJohn1 Nov 23
Nov 22 Cant Launch Star Craft 2 High Sierra 10.13.1 I try to launch the game and it crashes immediately. I reinstalled both the game and battle net, there is no firewall restriction and Battlenet and StarCraft both have the security access to my computer. Nothing seems to work yet.iceleopard4 Nov 22
Nov 22 Multiplayer Bug how long can take to fix an issue? It's cool that blizzard release the game for free, but for the customer that bough the game is very sh*t to wait weeks for fixing multiplayer bug. I have a Mac pro I7, 16 gb Ram. I'm not able to create a mele custom multiplayer game, all the time game crashes trying to create lobby room. we tried in different Mac and as well is happing the same. Can you give an ETA when this will be repair to no being trying all the days to see if was fixed or not. Best Regards. Thomas.Thomsas2 Nov 22
Nov 22 Game Crashing when entering lobby Game crashing whenever trying to enter a lobby. Happening on my Mac and friends.Kush18 Nov 22
Nov 21 Game crashing anytime I play arcade With an unexpected fatal error occurred. 907C348D-5A3F-4BCB-8950-C24CE70BD34B any ideas blizzard?Killswitch6 Nov 21
Nov 21 Not linking forums on the Battle.net App Not linking forums on the Battle.net App is a new, poor design choice. now to navigate to these forums it is easier to google for Battle.net +forums than use the convoluted navigation through your web site which is support tab, select Starecraft2, select see other forum posts, select the top of the forum, select Mac technical, select new forum topic, and complain. Oh and the game still is crashing when attempting to create a new Marine Arena game in Custom.EricTheRed1 Nov 21
Nov 20 Maps/Mods not Uploading(Error) https://i.imgur.com/7PaWSzC.png This here is the message I get every time I try to upload something at this time. This only started happening as of recently. I just does not even work the moment someone tries to upload and it gets the file size wrong. Is this happening to anyone else or am I the only one this is happening to. Seeing as lobbies have been crashing left and right, I am not surprised this is happening.RayoftheSun0 Nov 20
Nov 20 change expansions (2017) did the recent patch not let us change expansions now? it default to LOTV after patched. how do I change it to HOTS? thanksOCEWG0 Nov 20
Nov 19 External Display + BT headset issues Hello, I have a couple of problems since last patch. When using my Bose QC 35, with mic turned off. I hear sound shuttering, doesn't seems to affect performance of the game, but it happens quite often each 5 secs or so. Also my MPB 15 2016, with Raedon 455 graphics, connected to a 4k display has quite impact on fps, aprox 30, when not connected to the display I get some 100 and 60 when there are many things happening on the scene. I have been playing around with the settings but haven't found any good performance/graphical balance. Is someone there using similar setup as I do, to maybe share their graphical settings? G PS: There was long time ago a Performance Guide for mac, but its quite outdated :(.GustavPicora1 Nov 19
Nov 18 Crash after hot patch installed After installed hot patch I crashed while attempting to create a Marine Arena game in custom. OSX 10.12.6 iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 4 Ghz Intel i7 32GB of RAM AMD Radeon R9 M395X Mail, Safari, Fidelity Active Trader Pro, Brother Control Center, App store, Messages, Dictionary, Calendar, and Battle.net app were also open at the time of the crash. 5632B49C-2A17-4B7F-B639-7F38E0117B64EricTheRed5 Nov 18
Nov 18 Mouse and Keyboard unresponsive while in game For the last week none of my mouse or keyboard commands work in game. I haven't been able to select any buildings or build any units but the options, main menu and map toggle buttons all still work. I play on a MacBook air, and figured maybe my OS was too old so i updated to High Sierra and i'm still having the same problem. Any feedback is appreciated thank you!SlyGuy2 Nov 18
Nov 18 Game Crashes All The Time Hello, Ever since a patch or two ago, the game has been none stop crashing while in game. It will freeze my computer up completely, I can't even force quit the app, my mouse is frozen, my volume is frozen, everything is frozen. Happens to me every game, right now I can't finish a game without having to restart my computer Computer: 2017-iMac 4.2GHZ i7, 24GB RAM, Radeon Pro 8GB OS: 10.13.1 (High Sierra) *I have also run the repair tool... with no repairs being required after*NaughtyBoy2 Nov 18
Nov 18 I get the error2:-2000 I keep getting this error and man its annoying it started when the new patch dropped any solutions to this?WISH1 Nov 18
Nov 16 Volume control Since a patch or 2 ago I have no longer been able to change my volume in game using my mac keyboard. I know the keys are bound to menu and help but it was never a problem using them before. I tried to unbind the keys but that didn't fix the problem. I could not find anywhere to try to bind volume to the keyboard. Is there any way to fix it? I have recently upgraded to High Sierra and am running a 27" imac from about 3 years ago.Raziel3 Nov 16