Mac Technical Support

Mar 28 macOS 10.12.5 Available Hey all, This OS update from Apple includes updates to improve stability, compatibility and security. List of what this update includes can be found here. This update can be applied through the App Store: 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.12.5 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site, or by performing a Combo Update.Eloemaz0 Mar 28
May 19, 2016 Mac OS Sierra 10.12 Now Available Apple has released their newest OS Update, 10.12. Patch notes for this release can be found on Apple's website. Both for system security and game performance, we recommend keeping your Operating System up to date, especially those using Intel GPUs.Glaxigrav0 May 19, 2016
Mar 8, 2016 Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including Blizzard App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Blizzard Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Blizzard App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Blizzard App Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes.Glaxigrav0 Mar 8, 2016
Mar 12, 2013 Common Technical Issues and Solutions Hello friends! Below, you will find frequently posted technical issues with relevant support articles that may help resolve your issues. Low frame rates and performance during gameplay Lockups, crashes, black screens during gameplay Lockups, crashes, black screens on game launch This is a living document, so please check back from time to time for updated common issues. Thanks!Machkhan0 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Welcome to Mac Technical Support Welcome to the Mac Technical Support forum for StarCraft II! This forum exists to provide StarCraft II customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-5pm Pacific, 5 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: Online Ticket - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Blizzard account. Phone Support - You can schedule a callback from us from 10am - 6pm Pacific time, 5 days a week. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Machkhan0 Mar 12, 2013
8h Anyone else: iMac hard shutdown during play. I've had this happen twice now (once during a multiplayer game — instant loss — good thing I'm bronze and have no ego left to worry about my rank). 20in iMac, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo OSX 10.6.4 2G ram ATI Radeon HD2600 And this isn't an application crash. The entire machine shuts down. The first time I wondered if it might have been an overheating issue, but this most recent time I was only a few minutes into the game, on the same settings I've been using for all previous games. I just got to see my opponent's banelings start to goo up my poor soldiers and *bam!* the machine was off. Heat was not the issue. I have spent some time looking over the forum and some googling but didn't find anything quite like this. Has anyone else had this problem?Xenophon18 8h
1d Mac only: Cannot connect to Battle.net In SCII So I will log into my Battle.net app on two computers: 1 mac and 1 windows. The windows one works fine with the same account, and both are never logged in at the same time. However, when on my mac, once I'm in SCII, I try to connect to battle.net, and it never connects. It will say "connecting" for a very long time, then it just...won't. I know it's not my internet connection, and no other apps are running. Also, the buffering symbol lags ever so slightly more than it usually does. Lastly, I've made sure that my computer is updated, and I've done "scan and repair" twice now. What do I do?Zookeapr3 1d
3d Custom Maps Won't Show or Download When I go to the Custom Games section, and look for open games or try to browse maps and create my own, I'm stuck with the spinning recticle in the center of my screen. Maps don't load on screen. Yesterday they were loading but when I would try to create a game, my screen would show that I was downloading the map, but it never finished (I had friends in my group who downloaded the map in 5-10 seconds). So far, I've used the Terminal Flush, deleted my Battle.net cache, and last night I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still no luck. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue. It seems like a server connectivity issue of some kind, but I have no firewalls or anything that I can imagine would be causing this problem. Thanks! EDIT: I also just remembered that watching Replays does not work either (I experience the same loading issue that I described above - the rest of my group would load a replay and watch it while I remained stuck in menus with a "Downloading..." status). EDIT 2: I can now no longer see matchmaking of any kind. Only thing that works is campaign... Please help!!AaronRodgers26 3d
6d Gameplay freeze when playing Fenix Recently, I have purchased Fenix. During gameplay, the game will occasionally freeze. I have no problem using other heroes. The freeze will occur randomly at game time at 5 minutes, 10 minutes and 14minutes. During the freeze, I let the game keep running until I saw a Attempting to connect... As I could not attempt to reconnect, I choose Surrender and return to the main Coop menu. I am using a Mac to play and the Mac is of 2011 model with OS upgraded to 10.12.4. Please advise how should I resolve it.ktlim2 6d
May 15 Fullscreen not disabling Mac Hot Corners Self-explanatory. Completely unplayable in this state.TheDude2 May 15
May 14 Mac Launcher issues Hi! I am playing on Mac. Due to Mac specifics, when launching Battle.net it first launches a Launcher and only then the Battle.net itself. But IMHO, there are two reasons: 1) The battle.net launcher icon hasn't changed to the new one that says "BLIZZARD" 2) For a while, the Launcher doesn't quit itself after the Battle.net is launched, nor it does when I quit the Battle.net app. here's the screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/76cs0wry1kpw0y0/Screenshot%202017-05-14%2007.21.40.png?dl=0Zellan0 May 14
May 13 Mice does not work I am using a imac whit OS X 10.9.5 and my mice does not appear in sc2. It is not invisible, it is just not there. It works perfacly on the desktop or in other games, but it does not work in sc2.Liam0 May 13
May 11 Mouse cursor not showing at times Hey so I've had this issue a couple of times, but it's nothing game-breaking. Basically, there are some times when I load SCII and the mouse cursor isn't showing up. I can highlight things, but there's no cursor. The situation is remedied by going into windowed mode and then going back to full screen, but I thought I'd mention it. It was a little alarming at first.Gio5 May 11
May 11 Mouse stutter steps when holding down keys. Hi I'm still having the issues that I addressed in this post back in October. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20749227248#post-1 I tried lowering the key repetition in System Preferences but still no good. I don't know why this is happening. It never happened before LOTV. I'm pretty sure it started back when I updated to Sierra. The problem is pretty consistent, like 90% of the time, but I have noticed that it is much worse when I'm in Fullscreen mode. Seems to be better in Windowed(Fullscreen). Idk. I'm at a lost. Could really use some assistance.ProjectM0 May 11
May 10 Starcraft 2 - fatal error message Mac OS Seira 10.12.4 - StarCraft 2 crashes continually (fatal error) after launching the Blizzard App. Clicked on the launch button, screen goes black for about 20 seconds, then the desktop returns and a dialogue box appears saying there has been a fatal error. Blizzard helping tried to help but nothing attempted has worked (permissions fixed, volume naming checked, reinstalled everything). Blizzard support recommended that I check the forums and perhaps post something to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Anyone have this same problem? This all started about a month ago and I've not been able to start up Starcraft 2 - other Blizzard games are fine though.Roy1 May 10
May 8 Can't Login to Battle.net on SC2 Recently this I've been having this problem on and off but now it seems indefinite. When I open SC2 through the Battle.net application it doesn't log me in automatically. When I try to log in it tells me it can't connect and asks me if I want to play in Offline Mode. When I select Offline Mode it tells me there is no account stored on this computer to even enter Offline Mode. Which doesn't make any sense because I just played online the other day. I tried un/reinstalling. I've tried restarting my computer. I've tried scanning and repairing. I've tried using a different wifi. I've tried logging into multiple B.net accounts. Nothing has worked for me. I'm connected online in the B.net app, just won't work in game. Please help. I just wanna play some StarCraft. Specs: macOS Sierra 10.12.4 MacBook Air 13", Early 2015 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536MB Latest StarCraft 2 Version 3.13.0.52910ProjectM2 May 8
May 7 low performance since patch 3.13 periodic fps fluctuation, from 10 fps to 100 fps , for about every 3 seconds i even re-installed the game but that did not solve the problemWill1 May 7
May 4 Thank you Blizzard! Mac Editor fixed. I am so happy that the editor has been fixed. Finally we can all get back to making some awesome maps and extension mods. Not only this it seems that there is now dependency files for support for purifier units in the Mac editor with the release of Fenix.RayoftheSun3 May 4
May 2 Unable to Use 'Join Game' When playing in the Arcade, I can join games OK from the public list of open games, and also from the 'Browse' tab. I can also host games with no issues, and join as leader of a party. However, when I am a non-lead member of a party, sometimes I receive a connection error when joining games with the party. Also, for the past three or four weeks, I have been unable to use 'Join Game' to join a game via a friend on my friends list. I have also been unable to accept invitations to join lobbies for games in the Arcade. When I click 'Join Game' on the dropdown menu after right-clicking a friend's name or 'Accept' on an invitation, the 'Streaming Data' message comes up in the bottom left corner, and then the 'Entering Lobby' message, as normal. Then, I receive an error message that says there is a connection problem, and that I should try again later. This used to happen once in a while, earlier this year and last year. If I tried again, I would connect with no issues. Later in 2016 and in early 2017, occasionally my connection to Battle.net would become 'bugged' and this error would persist until I relogged onto Battle.net. In the past three or four weeks, it has been constant. The only way I can join games is as a member of a party, or through the public lobbies. Please help! Thanks~Helveticano0 May 2
May 2 e_erroridUnknownData when launching editor So I recently downloaded SCII and whenever I launch the editor it gives the message e_errorIdUnknownData. I've tried a scan and repair, does anyone have any ideas?SashaTheGun10 May 2
Apr 24 Unknown Error. Please Re-install the GAME Unknown Error. Please Re-install the GAME Get This Message Right Before The Game Play Starts. I Can Watch the mission intros. get to the launch screen. Get to Mission Briefings. But Right When I Click Start Misson Or whatever it is..... on the Briefing Menu. Boom Theres The Evil damn Message After the Game Closes aka crashes Unknown Error. Please Re-install the GAME Running a Gtx 560. 2 (two) xeon 3.4 CPU. 4gbs ram. windows 7 Ultimate I've Played Starcraft 2 Before on This Very Machine. Seems It Started after the reformat of my machine... or update Unsure As To Why. I've Tried Setting Permissions blah blah.. UAC Never Notify (already Removed First thing on a freash OS) Reinstalled The Game As I Was Polity Asked Via Evil/Nice Message. setting Run For windows 7 under the whole right click the icon procedure. Moving the folder to Public. Also To Just /c Programs and x86 programs. To no avail I have Looked everywhere online for a solution mostly see this issue in heros of the storm. but nothing for this. Is there a Fix????? ffs. Thank You For The Time. -LouzirLouzir0 Apr 24
Apr 24 Frozen Mouse Frozen Mouse: So idk how to explain this but I will try as best I can. Ever since this new patch came out I have had a problem with my mouse and it being frozen on the (campaign, co-op, etc) selection screen. It's a bluetooth mouse. I have unplugged the adapter from the computer, turned it on and off. My mouse works just fine with anything on my computer. I even uninstalled and re installed the game completely. Can someone please hell me out here or point me in the right direction on how to fix this odd problem!!! Thank you.Brock15 Apr 24
Apr 24 Editor won't start up after Patch HELP PLEASE!!!! This is an emergency!!!MOTHER6 Apr 24
Apr 24 How long until the Mac editor is fixed? Patch 3.12 Broke the Mac editor; Effectively shutting down a massive community of modders. Every time someone tries to start up the Mac editor now, it says e_errorldUnkownData. I tried reinstalling it multiple times. Does not work. Please get this fixed soon. Can we at least know how long it might take till this is fixed so it we can plan accordingly? A matter of weeks? A matter of months? A matter or years?RayoftheSun6 Apr 24
Apr 24 Mac Editor unusable as of patch 3.12 Every time I get the try to start up the Mac editor, I get the message"e_errworldUnknownData". After doing some research, it appears I am not the only one who is getting the issue. After speaking to a GM I was told this is the correct location to post about the bug. This bug happens every time someone tries to log into the Mac version of the SC2 editor with the patch downloaded. This started happening after patch 3.12 was downloaded. It did not happen prior to it, but its worth mentioning that I had my editor open the whole time I was downloading the patch. Other things to know: 1. The PC version of the editor seems to work just fine. 2. Maps made from the Mac editor seem to work just fine. 3. Mac editor files don't seem to have gone corrupt or have been deleted as I was able to use them on the PC version. 4. The Mac editor won't even start nor load. The error comes as soon as someone tries to load it. 5. I tried reinstalling multiple times and doing an automatic repair. Did not work.RayoftheSun4 Apr 24
Apr 24 Authenticating error When attempting to connect to Battle.net, I'm receiving a generic error with the message: "An unexpected fatal error occurred." This started occurring after updating the SC2 client and macOS, but both happened at roughly the same time, so I don't know specifically which one triggered it. Running this on a MacBook Pro with Sierra 10.12.4. Report ID: F2773B55-E6C9-4531-A2D8-ECCFB400DA02Junah0 Apr 24
Apr 24 Installation issues Whenever I try to install Starcraft 2 on my macbook pro, it takes forever then says some issue about there not being an internet connection. I've made sure there definitely is a connection, and that my computer doesn't go to sleep or cut off. What's going on?Asuan0 Apr 24
Apr 23 Starcraft 2 Editor Broken for Mac After checking the editor discussion section, I have become aware that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Ever since the patch, the Mac version of the SC2 editor simply won't start up. I always get this messaging saying "e_errworrldUnknownData". I'd really love it if this could be fixed soon. I was in the process of working on a really nice extension mod.RayoftheSun6 Apr 23
Apr 23 2016 MacBook Pro 13" + LG 5K unplayable I am using a 2016 MacBook Pro 13" (with the touchbar) with the LG Ultrafine 5K monitor Apple is selling. When I launch Starcraft II, I can only choose the native HiDPI 5120x2880 resolution, making the game unplayable due to extremely low frame rate. I want to reduce the resolution to something more reasonable like 1280x720 or 1920x1080 (non-HiDPI resolutions), but no resolution other than the 5120x2880 is available for selection. Please fix this problem ASAP as the game I purchased is literally unplayable.Pete0 Apr 23
Apr 22 Editor not launching: Unknown Data I have been getting into editing sc2 maps and the editor is pretty amazing! I created and published one map and have been playing it for a couple of weeks. Earlier this week I purchased the Zerg/Protoss expansions and now my editor will not open. I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/qbvju4Z.png It says: ... - I tried running a repair on the game, but no errors were found. - I deleted the editor app, but the it failed to launch entirely - I re-ran a repair which re-installed the editor app, but I get the same problem.Tov30 Apr 22
Apr 22 Right click not working when moving units I normally play on windows but installed Starcraft on my MacBook Pro. I've gone into preferences for the system and enable right clicking for the mouse. I've confirmed that right click works outside on Starcraft. In the game I click on a unit like my SCV and right click a resource node and it doesn't move. So I can't order units to move or attack. Everything else seems to work fine. I can use the trackpad to issue the command but that is not going to work for anything competitive. Troubleshooting I've done so far: Used multiple mice to make sure it's not a hardware issue turned on right click in the system preferences>Trackpad settings Verified right clicking is working outside of Starcraft. I can right click files I rebuilt the files through the launcher I uninstalled and reinstalled the software Thanks in advance for any suggestions you feel like sharingAskarius4 Apr 22
Apr 20 Updating Blizzard launcher seems to be stuck Battle.net just says waiting on anther installation or update.Ngita6 Apr 20
Apr 20 Installing Mass Recall for Mac? Trying to Install this mod for mac and having a bit of trouble. None of the folders mentioned in the installation guide seem to correlate with the folders in my main starcraft 2 directory so I have no idea where to unzip the files. If anyone could help me get this mod going on mac I'd greatly appreciate it! Dying to play this!Rottingman11 Apr 20
Apr 19 Mouse cursor gone So, my mouse cursor has completely disappeared once I am in Starcraft II. I am using an older iMac running OS X 10.9.5. All was fine until the last patch. I will understand if my comp is simply out of date now, but the forums all talk about a 'confine mouse cursor' setting. I am unsure what this setting is or where to find it. Thank you for the timebabsrambler2 Apr 19
Apr 18 Blizzard App Error Hi! I am currently using a MacBook Pro that is updated to the latest version. Whenever I press "PLAY" in the Blizzard App, it tells me: "Something went wrong trying to launch a program. We're not sure what caused it, so please try again or click the code below for more information. Sorry about that!" I tried various methods that I found on the forum but none of it worked. Is there any other way to launch Starcraft without going through the Blizzard App? Greatly Appreciated!VORTEX2 Apr 18
Apr 17 Can't play offline whenever I try to launch the game offline an error message appears, "Unable to download game data from Blizzard's servers. Please check your internet connection and try again later" This error message is preventing me from launching the game offline, and it is extremely frustrating as Blizzard says you can play offline as long as you authorize sc2 within 30 days, which I have. Please help.AmazE0 Apr 17
Apr 17 Alt+tab on OSX changes display mode When using fullscreen and after alt+tabbing the display mode is somehow changed to windowed, to fix it I need to put it to windowed and saying NO to the new configuration.Parasite0 Apr 17
Apr 14 Metal(Beta) crashing when lighting=0 First of all, thank you for adding the Metal support, as it greatly increases fps on my Mac. However, when I set lighting=0 in variables.txt (wanting to use Hybrid settings), the game crashes on start. It does not crash when the api is set to OpenGL nor when changed to lighting=1Simon2 Apr 14
Apr 29 Ctrl+<N> conflicts with mac system hotkeys. On my macbook pro running Sierra, with an external USB keyboard (not sure if it matters, didn't try with the builtin keyboard), group assignment hotkeys suddenly break and start requiring additional Shift, eg. Shift+Ctrl+1 to assign something to Group 1. This is not reliably reproducible, this bug starts and ends randomly, sometimes even in the middle of the game i think (not sure), and it isn't shown in the hotkeys settings. It only started recently, around a month ago. I'm using default hotkeys. At first i was like "My keyboard not working?! *ragequit*", but then i figured out that with shift it works.NoQ2 Apr 29
Apr 12 LotV Screen Freeze/Crash [Mac] I've encountered an error in the Legacy of the Void campaign that causes my screen to freeze and audio to halt. The cursor remains responsive but I am unable to click on anything, tab out, or force close the application, and have to restart my computer to escape. I am playing on: Macbook Pro, 13 inch, Mid 2012 OS 10.10.5 Intel HD Graphics 4000 Steps to reproduce: This bug happens on the Spear of Adun in the Assembly Panel unit customization menu in the War Council room. I encountered the bug after completing the first 8 missions of the campaign, following the mission that unlocked the Sentry. I did not encounter the bug when using the Assembly Panel menu following the previous missions, although I am unsure if I spent enough time in the menu previously to cause the freeze. The bug is triggered by changing multiple options in the Assembly Panel unit menu. I triggered the bug three times in three different ways: The first time, I selected the Sentry menu, which showed no configuration yet chosen, chose the Purifier option, switched to the Zealot menu, changed my selection from Nerazim to Purifier and back to Nerazim, and then clicked the Stalker menu, triggering the freeze and forcing me to restart. The second time, I changed the Sentry to Purifier as before, switched to the Zealot menu, did not change the configuration, and switched to the Stalker menu without triggering the bug. In the Stalker menu, I changed my selection from Stalker to Dragoon, then clicked on the Immortal menu, triggering the freeze and forcing a restart. The third time, I changed one unit configuration at a time, and Backed out of the menu between each one. This is an effective way to avoid the bug. I saved my selections, reentered the menu, and changed options rapidly until the screen freeze triggered again when I changed the Immortal from Nerazim to Aiur. This was after three or four other rapid clicks in the menu. Hopefully this is enough information to help you guys get started with identifying the issue. If you need anything else I'll be happy to supply it.weemsical9 Apr 12
Apr 9 Desert Strike Azure is Fully Mac Compatible! My multiplayer arcade map is dropping all OS X Players within 8 minutes of play. There is no lag, no stuttering, just an instant drop with error message: "you've been dropped" The drops are consistent and only with OS X. SC2 is minimized, then maximized, the player is returned to the arcade lobby with the error message of being dropped. I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any ideas?TerraAzure6 Apr 9
Apr 7 No Sound Every other program has sound and Starcraft had sound the day before. I've tried ctrl + s and ctrl + m and restoring the sound settings. I also rebooted and checked the sound output in system preferences.Christopher37 Apr 7
Apr 4 Contacting Support due to abusive player How do you get in contact with Support to Ban a player? I have screenshots that show a player using abusive derogatory and homophobic language. How do I email these screenshots to Support to get the player banned?Jim1 Apr 4
Apr 2 How can i get my topics Hi, i posted 2 topics one eu.server and one on us.server about : NA qualiefiers situation . I want know why topic on us is deleted ?. And does Battle.net follow the law of freedom speech?TickTock1 Apr 2
Apr 1 Mac Editor won't open after 3.12 update The Mac Editor won't open at all after the 3.12 update. Instead it opens an error window saying "e_errorIdUnknownData" with the option to reopen, which of course just produces another error window. Not sure if this is a problem on the PC, but I doubt it. If it was, it probably would have been reported already.Nedia10 Apr 1
Mar 30 Mac version - Global Sound Bug Hi, On the Mac version, the sounds of the game stop right after the Authentification step. it happen only since the last updates few days ago. Thanks, much love for SC2FONGZY0 Mar 30
Mar 29 Nova Covert Ops Stuck in Black Screen 1. The first cinematic did not play after I clicked continue when the 2nd Mission Pack went live. I had to watch the cinematic from a youtuber 2. Mission 6, the second to last memory, or the last zerg selection cutscene, it is stuck in black screen every single time. I have tried checking for updates, repair the game, window mode, restart the computer, restart the game, and non of it worked. Now I can't pass that mission unless I go back and restart the whole Campaign?Thaladred4 Mar 29
Mar 29 Patch 3.12 broke Galaxy Editor in OSX Latest patch and now Galaxy Editor won't load! It says unknown data error every time. Won't even open.leviathan1 Mar 29
Mar 29 Best Config for Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013? I have a Late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina and I was wondering if anyone has figured out the optimal settings for Starcraft 2. Thank you in advance! Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB Intel Iris Pro 1536MB 1TB SSD No overclocking Have not set FPS capWARPATH0 Mar 29
Mar 28 Mac Editor Still Can't Use Component Files Cross-posting this on the Editor forum, as well at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20753317053#1. I originally reported this with the release of 3.0, but it's still the case over a year later. The problem is pretty straightforward: the Mac editor often fails to save to component files, usually spitting out an error message about being unable to copy files. I know this was at least on your radar at one point, but is there any news here? It's a serious problem for me. Here's my original post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/19650244931 .LucidIguana3 Mar 28