Mac Technical Support

19h macOS 10.12.4 Available Hey all, This OS update from Apple includes updates to improve stability, compatibility and security. List of what this update includes can be found here. This update can be applied through the App Store: 1. Launch the App Store from your dock, or by clicking the Apple menu and selecting App Store. 2. Select the Updates tab. 3. Click Update next to macOS 10.12.4 Update 10.12.4 Your Mac will begin installing the update, and will restart once the download has completed. You can also download directly through Apple's Support Site, or by performing a Combo Update.Eloemaz0 19h
Dec 14 macOS 10.12.3 Available Glaxigrav0 Dec 14
Mar 12, 2013 Welcome to Mac Technical Support Welcome to the Mac Technical Support forum for StarCraft II! This forum exists to provide StarCraft II customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-5pm Pacific, 5 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: Online Ticket - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Battle.net account. Phone Support - You can schedule a callback from us from 10am - 6pm Pacific time, 5 days a week. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums (unless Mac OS X specific bugs): http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13440/ Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussion an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Machkhan0 Mar 12, 2013
May 19 Mac OS Sierra 10.12 Now Available Apple has released their newest OS Update, 10.12. Patch notes for this release can be found on Apple's website. Both for system security and game performance, we recommend keeping your Operating System up to date, especially those using Intel GPUs.Glaxigrav0 May 19
Mar 8, 2016 Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including Battle.net App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Battle.net Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Battle.net App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Battle.net Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes.Glaxigrav0 Mar 8, 2016
Mar 12, 2013 Common Technical Issues and Solutions Hello friends! Below, you will find frequently posted technical issues with relevant support articles that may help resolve your issues. Low frame rates and performance during gameplay Lockups, crashes, black screens during gameplay Lockups, crashes, black screens on game launch This is a living document, so please check back from time to time for updated common issues. Thanks!Machkhan0 Mar 12, 2013
6h Editor not launching: Unknown Data I have been getting into editing sc2 maps and the editor is pretty amazing! I created and published one map and have been playing it for a couple of weeks. Earlier this week I purchased the Zerg/Protoss expansions and now my editor will not open. I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/qbvju4Z.png It says: ... - I tried running a repair on the game, but no errors were found. - I deleted the editor app, but the it failed to launch entirely - I re-ran a repair which re-installed the editor app, but I get the same problem.Tov3 6h
6h Patch 3.12 broke Galaxy Editor in OSX Latest patch and now Galaxy Editor won't load! It says unknown data error every time. Won't even open.leviathan0 6h
7h Installing Mass Recall for Mac? Trying to Install this mod for mac and having a bit of trouble. None of the folders mentioned in the installation guide seem to correlate with the folders in my main starcraft 2 directory so I have no idea where to unzip the files. If anyone could help me get this mod going on mac I'd greatly appreciate it! Dying to play this!Rottingman9 7h
10h Best Config for Macbook Pro Retina Late 2013? I have a Late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina and I was wondering if anyone has figured out the optimal settings for Starcraft 2. Thank you in advance! Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB Intel Iris Pro 1536MB 1TB SSD No overclocking Have not set FPS capWARPATH0 10h
10h Mac Editor won't open after 3.12 update The Mac Editor won't open at all after the 3.12 update. Instead it opens an error window saying "e_errorIdUnknownData" with the option to reopen, which of course just produces another error window. Not sure if this is a problem on the PC, but I doubt it. If it was, it probably would have been reported already.Nedia1 10h
19h Mac Editor Still Can't Use Component Files Cross-posting this on the Editor forum, as well at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20753317053#1. I originally reported this with the release of 3.0, but it's still the case over a year later. The problem is pretty straightforward: the Mac editor often fails to save to component files, usually spitting out an error message about being unable to copy files. I know this was at least on your radar at one point, but is there any news here? It's a serious problem for me. Here's my original post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/19650244931 .LucidIguana3 19h
1d Cursor moves/disappears when drag-scrolling With Patch 3.6, the cursor doesn't stay in its place when the scroll-wheel-button for drag-scrolling is clicked. When I click and immediately release the scroll wheel button on the 3D world (terrain, units, or buildings), the cursor reappears closer to the top-left corner of the screen. Both the new X and Y positions appear to be about 2/3 of their original values. Repeated clicking will move the cursor closer to the top-left in smaller and smaller increments. This behavior also occurs during actual drag-scrolling. The 3D world scrolls as expected, but the mouse cursor reappears closer to the top-left of the screen. If the cursor started out very close to the top-left of the screen, it will sometimes remain invisible after the scroll-wheel-button is released. I can still use the mouse to select units and buildings, or even click the command card, but the cursor is invisible. The cursor will only reappear if I move the mouse and then middle-click on the 3D world. When the cursor is invisible, drag-scrolling can sometimes result in abrupt, unexpected changes in camera location. This latter behavior is intermittent and difficult to reproduce. The above behavior occurs in both Fullscreen and Windowed-Fullscreen. In Windowed mode, the mouse cursor moves vertically (not diagonally) when the scroll-wheel-button is clicked. Sometimes it moves up, sometimes it moves down. Tested in-game on Versus A.I. and Ranked, drag scroll speed at 65%, inverted. Observed with mouse scroll and mouse sensitivity turned both on and off. Observed with Logitech MX500, G400s and G5 mice. MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.5) Thanks! Hope someone can figure out this bug soon.Philip6 1d
3d No Sound Every other program has sound and Starcraft had sound the day before. I've tried ctrl + s and ctrl + m and restoring the sound settings. I also rebooted and checked the sound output in system preferences.Christopher36 3d
5d Custom Maps Won't Show or Download When I go to the Custom Games section, and look for open games or try to browse maps and create my own, I'm stuck with the spinning recticle in the center of my screen. Maps don't load on screen. Yesterday they were loading but when I would try to create a game, my screen would show that I was downloading the map, but it never finished (I had friends in my group who downloaded the map in 5-10 seconds). So far, I've used the Terminal Flush, deleted my Battle.net cache, and last night I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still no luck. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue. It seems like a server connectivity issue of some kind, but I have no firewalls or anything that I can imagine would be causing this problem. Thanks! EDIT: I also just remembered that watching Replays does not work either (I experience the same loading issue that I described above - the rest of my group would load a replay and watch it while I remained stuck in menus with a "Downloading..." status). EDIT 2: I can now no longer see matchmaking of any kind. Only thing that works is campaign... Please help!!AaronRodgers25 5d
5d Nova Covert Ops Stuck in Black Screen 1. The first cinematic did not play after I clicked continue when the 2nd Mission Pack went live. I had to watch the cinematic from a youtuber 2. Mission 6, the second to last memory, or the last zerg selection cutscene, it is stuck in black screen every single time. I have tried checking for updates, repair the game, window mode, restart the computer, restart the game, and non of it worked. Now I can't pass that mission unless I go back and restart the whole Campaign?Thaladred3 5d
6d Installation and Running issue hey i was referred by someone on the windows side to put y problem here cause I'm a mac use.Whenever i try to open starcraft2 my mac pops up a windows saying "Starcraft2 wants to make changes to your mac so please enter your username and password"..now I've tried all sorts of emails and usernames and passwords..but it says incorrect..please tell me which username or email id and password is this window asking me. Also when i press cancel instead of entering these things. a battle net window opens and says " Sorry starcraft2 could not be opened or installed"...and a it also says that if this problem persists please click the link given..i clicked and tried all things..still nothing happening. i havent updated my mac to sierra 10.12.3..could that be the problem??nugarp1 6d
Mar 20 Starcraft won't launch on sierra Hi I just finished updating the OS on my MBP. Am now using sierra and starcraft doesn't work. The battle net app doesn't even launch. Is there anyone with similar issues or knows why there is this issue??jeffa1 Mar 20
Mar 19 No Cursor in Game after patch (mac) After i upgraded to 3.11.0, i have lost my cursor once i start the game. It is not invissible, i can not click on anything. Please helpSenatorYoshi1 Mar 19
Mar 19 My FPS are stuck in 60fps Hi. The past years i have been playing on my Mac Book Retina , (i7, 2.5, 16ram, 750m 2GB), in all this time i have the same FPS, up of 90-100. But this week with no reason, i have my fps stuck in 60, and only going down. i dont have Vsync active in sc2, and i have the same FPS in all resolutions. Any ideas?draff3 Mar 19
Mar 17 Require SCII hotkeys list for Mac There are many hotkeys which I can not or know how to use them like the F combination . can someone please help? A list of Hotkeys for ScII will be appreciated .VanWilder0 Mar 17
Mar 15 Frozen Mouse Frozen Mouse: So idk how to explain this but I will try as best I can. Ever since this new patch came out I have had a problem with my mouse and it being frozen on the (campaign, co-op, etc) selection screen. It's a bluetooth mouse. I have unplugged the adapter from the computer, turned it on and off. My mouse works just fine with anything on my computer. I even uninstalled and re installed the game completely. Can someone please hell me out here or point me in the right direction on how to fix this odd problem!!! Thank you.Brock14 Mar 15
Mar 13 Arcade Multplayer Map Drops OS X Players My multiplayer arcade map is dropping all OS X Players within 8 minutes of play. There is no lag, no stuttering, just an instant drop with error message: "you've been dropped" The drops are consistent and only with OS X. SC2 is minimized, then maximized, the player is returned to the arcade lobby with the error message of being dropped. I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any ideas?TerraAzure2 Mar 13
Mar 12 Downloading IEM Katowice 2017 Replays I am having a problem downloading the IEM Replays, for some reason when i download it, it saves to open with Internet Explorer. I know how to change what to open it with, but i don't know what im supposed to open it with. So basically, What program do I need to run the replays?Armleg4 Mar 12
Mar 12 Metal support for lotv? According to the WWDC keynote, blizzard was one of the supporters of metal. Just wondering if LoTV will be taking advantage of the advertised performance improvements? Thanks.Mugy36 Mar 12
Mar 11 SC2 cursor issues since update MAC OSX Ever since patch 3.11, my mouse cursor is frozen in the bottom left side of the screen only when running SC2. I am unable to select anything in game. I'm playing on an iMac with a Razer Abyssus mouse, however the stock bluetooth mouse doesn't register either. I've never experienced this issue before update, and other games like HOTS work fine. Please help!KTWO5 Mar 11
Mar 10 3.11 hot corners Hi! After latest patch on fullscreen (not windowed fullscreen) hot corners are not disabled. Tried everything. Had issues earlier - when moving mouse into corner it went black screen and freeze. By pressing ESC it went back to normal, then CMD+Tab out/in and hot corners disabled and gl hf. Now it is working really great. But sadly it shouldn't. Have to disable manually.haidi1 Mar 10
Mar 9 Dead of Night - Stukov bug Stukov's broodling AI auto-targets the rocks. If you use infest structure to defend an entrance and any broodlings are left after the attack they will move to an adjacent entrance and break down the rocks, letting the enemy in.Escadin0 Mar 9
Mar 9 Alt-tab causes issues since new patch I've noticed a huge number of issues when I alt-tab to another program on my Mac. When returning to Starcraft, it's barely moving, very jerky and difficult to move the mouse. Tabbing back out and quitting other programs seems to resolve it... except when I bring my cursor to the bottom left, which makes the screen flash from Starcraft to my desktop for a moment. Very troubling, and never an issue before the patch.StrikeRouge0 Mar 9
Mar 8 Achievements Disabled I'm have been getting an "Achievements Disabled Until Further Notice." message every time I log in. If I change regions achievements are restored and disabled again. I tried reinstalling the game and restarting the campaign. My account shows some multiplayer achievements but no campaign achievements after doing a bunch of them. I played the starter edition about a week and upgraded to the Digital Deluxe Battle Chest edition 5 days ago. Playing on macOS 10.12.3. PhoenixEye#1516. New patch today and I play online. Thanks.BlueScreen1 Mar 8
Mar 8 Banks and files locations So, I am having issues finding bank files and folders for sc2. Under Library/ application support I do not have a sc2 folder. I had to restart because sc2 was acting odd (long launch times and the first loading time after the first game of the day took forever, ect). Also, I still hae my banks despite not being able to find out where they are located (not under the banks folder, the account folder I saved also has empty banks. - this has been going on for a little while . I am running OS Sierra Thanks for any helpLifeswork2 Mar 8
Mar 7 Mouse problems Mac Mouse problems Mac. Hi All- My mouse works fine during the game except when I use my keyboard. If I am using the keyboard for a comand my mouse starts getting jumpy. Has anyone else had this problem? ThanksHellrazorX2 Mar 7
Mar 6 BLZBNTAGT00000843 error after new patch 3.9.0 BLZBNTAGT00000843 error after new patch 3.9.0 install for LOTV. 1. Reinstalled Bnet Launcher and then got this error .. SC2Switcher quit unexpectedly. 2. Closed and reloaded Bnet Launcher and got the BLZBNTAGT00000843 error again.OneFatPanda7 Mar 6
Mar 5 BLZBNTAGT000008AC Cannot install Starcraft II onto my 2012 macbook pro, keep getting this error message.Azazel2 Mar 5
Mar 3 MULTIPLAYER GAMES WONT START i just purchased new mac and new star craft 2 disk, install was fine but when i tried to join multiplayer games it never initialized(game never starts). timer says 1 min remaining but games never start.Eric3 Mar 3
Mar 1 Graphical Issues Having issues every since the last maintenance. It's a graphical issue in the coop section. The background and eventually the whole screen starts flashing colors diagonally. When I click to go to campaign, arcade, etc. the screen is fine. If I select Swann it settles down. Once I enter a game it starts again to the point the game is unplayable. I just tried playing multiplayer vs AI before creating this topic and it's now doing it on the other menu sections. http://imgur.com/a/G1GCx http://imgur.com/a/snNZj Specs OS 10.10.5 MacBook Pro Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024MBZadok3 Mar 1
Feb 28 Mouse Lags when holding down keys. Need Help. This just started happening recently. Might of been with new macOS Sierra update. When I hold down a key on my keyboard like "z" to make Zerglings, my mouse lags ridiculously. It "stutter-steps" when I try moving it. I don't get why this just started happening. Never had a problem with it before. Any ideas what could be happening? It's making it impossible to queue up move commands. Only happens in Starcraft. Specs: macOS Sierra ver. 10.12 MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB Mouse: Razor Taipan Driver: Razor Synapse 1.59.1Illephant12 Feb 28
Feb 28 My thoughts on SC2 LotV + MBP 15'' (2016) So, first of all, let me tell you Blizzard, great improvement since last time i played SC2. Second as I got a new MPB 15'' late 2016 with the 455 Raedon card, I wanted to test it. I know a mac is not for gaming, but anyway, casual as I am I wanted to give it a check. Worth mentioning i have attached a 4k dell p2415Q display. Conclusion: Games runs very good, not optimal, but at least above 40fps, in the following settings: Resolution 2550X1440 (native 4k resolution killed the whole experience with 5fps :P) Graphic settings between mid and high, shaders definitely mid as well as for shadows. And i realize that Metal Beta gives cca 5-8+ fps than openGL 4.1, so kudos. it would be good if performance after Metal Beta will see improvements so to get some extra fps, some love is always appreciate it. G.GustavPicora0 Feb 28
Feb 28 Stutter w/ audio hiccups Hi. Today, my late 2014 5k iMac started stuttering when running StarCraft 2. I observe both graphical and audio hiccups, every 1-3 seconds. Even in the front-end menus. Rebooting doesn't help. Any way to make this better? Edit: Yesterday, I tried the Metal (beta) rendering option. I set it back to OpenGL 2.1, but that doesn't help.interim1 Feb 28
Feb 27 Desert strike hots unavailable? Desert strike hots does not show up in the arcade anymore. Where did It go?doombender0 Feb 27
Feb 26 Logitech G13 and Nova Pack I have a profile I had used for the last patch, legacy of the Storm if I remember. So I decided to try the new Nova packs, and the G13 does not do a thing. Is it possibly OS 10.12? Is it possibly the old need to access the executable which is not directly seen from the app package? And to clarify things, this G13 DOES work with World of Warcraft. I know the development teams are not the same, but come on. If it works for one Blizzard game it should work for all. And though I haven't tried it lately, I believe it works with Diablo III as well.Rikko0 Feb 26
Feb 26 Drag Scroll Bug In Windowed Mode Since patch 3.6 there's a bug with drag scrolling in windowed mode. When you let go of the middle mouse button, your mouse cursor re-appears vertically offset from its starting position — higher if the window is closer to the bottom edge of the screen, lower if the window is closer to the top edge. Depending on the size of the window and the positioning on the screen, the mouse cursor can appear outside of the SC2 window, causing the camera to scroll undesirably. Video: https://gfycat.com/DefensiveAgitatedHogget It's particularly problematic when testing maps from the editor. System: Mac OS X (10.9.5) Screen resolution: 1920 x 1200 Window size: 1024 x 790hawk3 Feb 26
Feb 21 Has the MacOS mouse lag issue been fixed yet? Not the mouse acceleration, more specifically, the lag when a button is pushed. For instance, if I hold down crtl and try to click, it'll lag a bit. More importantly, it'll lag a significant amount when I try to make a box. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-support/194668-mac-mouse-woes-be-gone I've tried this already. Oddly enough, it worked one time then the following times I played the game, it stopped working again.SpecC1 Feb 21
Feb 19 A few issues (Mac client) 1. After alt-tabbing, gamma setting resets. Needs to manually adjust it again every time. 2. After signing a tournament, if you close game client or jump to another server, you can't get access to the tourney when you're back. It says sign up for the next one, and even if you press 'sign up' button, it says 'there was a technical issue, please try again later'. MBP 13'' late 2013, OSX Sierrallllllllll0 Feb 19
Feb 18 [Bug] Battle.net doesn't show Accounts 1Yudeka1 Feb 18
Feb 14 account suspended account suspended and I didn't do anything wrong. How do I get it unsuspended?Dreadphantom1 Feb 14
19h Mac Editor Still Can't Use Component Files Cross-posting this on the Editor forum, as well at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20753317053#1. I originally reported this with the release of 3.0, but it's still the case over a year later. The problem is pretty straightforward: the Mac editor often fails to save to component files, usually spitting out an error message about being unable to copy files. I know this was at least on your radar at one point, but is there any news here? It's a serious problem for me. Here's my original post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/19650244931 .LucidIguana3 19h
Feb 8 MBP 2016 touch bar hangs on exit w/ 4K This is on a new machine, a MacBook Pro with touch bar and upgrade 460 video card, fresh out of the box, nothing else but SC2 installed and I have the latest macOS updates installed. This also happens on my other identical MBP. Game is always set to 1920x1080, vert sync (have tried with it on and off), Open/GL (have tried metal as well). Couple odd behaviors I'm hoping someone can help with. When I have my MBP connected to my LG 27UD68 4K monitor via the display port with a usb-c to display port adapter (from Cable Matters off Amazon.com) the game hangs when I exit. I click Exit in the game, sound stops, the screen goes blank, then nothing. I never get my desktop back on the monitor or the MBP display. I have tried with and without the laptop open. Touch bar is also non functional. The other odd thing is when I have it hooked up to the same monitor via HDMI and exit the game. It exits and I get my desktop back, but the screen blanks off and on a few times before everything goes back normal. I'm hooked up in this config via the Apple's USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter. I have tried it on a few other monitors, and all work fine: No monitor hooked up, works. 1920x1080 monitor hooked up via HDMI it works. An Apple 1920x1200 cinema via display port hooked up it works. Hooked up to a Thunderbolt Display (iMac 27" in target display mode) it works.Axorion1 Feb 8
Feb 8 Battle.net keeps on d/c For some reason, my game keeps on disconnecting and re-connecting to battle.net when I'm playing SP. It is getting annoying. Is there a solution?Razorwing58 Feb 8
Feb 5 Keyboard presses trip mouse Hi there, I was hoping to get some help so I can get back to taking nerds' ladder points: So, I'm playing on an 2015 MBP 13" for the time being. I've got a keyboard and mouse plugged in. Intermittently, when I press a key on the keyboard, the cursor stops for a split second. Is this a known issue? Is there any way to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've been Mostly Sc2-less for months now :(. Cheers! <3HashtagSwag2 Feb 5