Mac Technical Support

Apr 15, 2011 Crashing during Quickmatch Loading Screen Ever since patch 1.3 I have been having a problem where the game will crash during the loading screens for any game that is loading. It is really becoming a problem that 30% of my losses are due to games that crash and I don't even get to play. Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac10,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: IM101.00CC.B00 SMC Version (system): 1.52f9 Serial Number (system): W80222A35PC Hardware UUID: 2A75CCA0-17BE-5319-B9EA-80E50FF9D767 Toaster4 Apr 15, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 1.4.3 Standalone download available Hey Mac Community, The standalone patch for SC2 1.4.2 Mac is now available for download. You can use this standalone download if you have issues patching or have connection/patching issues due to additional configurations on a university, corporate, or public network. StarCraft II Patch Mirror http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/35087 Questions? Holla at your boi! ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment Not finding what you need here? Contact a rep direct! http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world! TonyM2 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 Dropped from quick match g'afternoon. I have been having a problem where I am getting dropped from battle.net before or after a quick match game. I have found that it is very rare for me to get dropped during a game, or after it loads. I did not mind it so much before, but now that I am taking the game more seriously, the drops are becoming a problem. I am losing a lot of time when I get dropped after the game ends, and I am losing a lot of points when I get dropped before the game begins. I am running SC2 on a 2009 15" Macbook Pro. I play predominantly on a University network, however, I have found the problem to persist even on my home network. Does anybody else have this problem? Or, can anybody help me to figure this out?Syrupjuice7 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 14, 2011 3.1.2 won't update is there an ftp or other site where i can manually download it? This happens every time a patch comes out...OGkilla4 Apr 14, 2011
Apr 13, 2011 Ignore Unsupported Video Card Message Howdy Folks, I was wondering if there is a way to force starcraft 2 to start even though it has detected I have an "unsupported video card". As is when I click the link to launch it I just get that warning message and then the game refuses to start. Yes I know I cannot get support about crashes and issues I have with an unsupported graphics card - but I'd really just like to try to play the game. I know the card is powerful enough because it runs Starcraft 2 under Wine ;) ~Jeff HooglandJeff0 Apr 13, 2011
Apr 12, 2011 SC2 crashing with 2011 Macbook pro I open SC2 and it goes to the load screen, then to the login page but freezes and then crashes right after that. I tried downloading the patch it never said it got to 100% and the play button came up so I clicked play and it crashed right after that. I have not been able to get to the patch updater ever since that. I already made sure the permissions were correct for reading and writing to the disk. Any ideas to help solve this?sonofjhetta3 Apr 12, 2011
Apr 12, 2011 Macbook Pro, suddenly large drop in fps So, I've been happily playing starcraft 2 on low settings on my girlfriends macbook for a while now. Most things set between medium to low..getting a good 45-60fps until one day after 1.31 update I experience huge drops in fps, were talking down to 4fps, even after i put all grafix on the lowest possible settings, closing all other applications and monitoring cpu and ram usage while running sc, its not even taking all the power it could! Specs of the machine are.. Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2,53 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1,07 GHz Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M Type: GPU Bus: PCI VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0863 Revision ID: 0x00b1 ROM Revision: 3427 Please help, I'm going crazy in montreal with nothing to do except eat sleep work and play starcraft 2..as not speaking french kinda kills your social life here..Annie1 Apr 12, 2011
Apr 12, 2011 Unable to view ladder stats Even before the most recent patch, whenever I'm clicking on other players' or my own leagues/ladders I cannot see any rankings whatsoever. It says I was not ranked in Season 1 and not ranked in Season 2. When clicking the divison icons on the profile summary page, nothing happens. I thought the small update patch yesterday would've solved this. Has this happened to anyone else?carpola10 Apr 12, 2011
Apr 12, 2011 New Patch 1.2.2 Makes game unplayable 2-17-11 Just installed the new patch. Now, when I go to play multiplayer online, it gives me an Error Message and says that I have to install the new patch before playing multiplayer online. It lets me log in fine! What's wrong???Axiom22 Apr 12, 2011
Apr 11, 2011 How to choose all comps in SP vs AI? How do you set all the comps to 'very hard' or 'random' on Mac? I am tired of having to click 15 times to set up all the comps. Is there a way to change them all at once instead of one at a time?Cowbird0 Apr 11, 2011
Apr 11, 2011 Battle.net Instability 4/7/11 **UPDATE** We are aware of an issue causing frequent disconnections and server instability that has been happening recently and are working towards a solution. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while we resolve the issue. Update: This issue is also affecting Log-in attempts Thank you for your patience and understanding. **Note** While we understand that login issues can cause frustration, please be mindful of our forum code of conduct. http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment Can't find it here? Contact a rep direct: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. Haala at your Sheep! I'm one of the four sheep of the apocalypse. Horses aren't as scary anyways. BRAAAAAAIIIINNNSSSS!TonyM2 Apr 11, 2011
Apr 9, 2011 Mouse tip for windowed mode? In order to get the game to run at a decent rate I decided to try and run in windowed mode. The problem is that the mouse tends to leave the game window pretty often. Does anyone know if there is a way to "lock" the cursor in the window until I exit the game or tab to another application? Thanks in advance!RageEngine2 Apr 9, 2011
Apr 9, 2011 My tutorial videos won't play... I'm playing the campaign, and there are times where the Adjutant tells me that I have tutorials available for review! Sweet! So I click the button and go to the Tutorials area, but all I get is a still image with a small chart that looks like a mouse on the lower right of it. My eyes may be deceiving me, but the video seems to move for about a frame or two when I first get to the page. I'm not sure if they won't play due to my graphical settings (everything is on Low as I'm on an 11.6" MacBook Air), but it doesn't explain why all the other cinematics play. Is there a workaround for this, or am I missing some silly obvious Play button somewhere?beat3 Apr 9, 2011
Apr 8, 2011 Chat lines "disappearing" as I type (I'm sorry, this is the second thread I've posted since logging on a few minutes ago, but I figured I'd at least bring to light a couple of my issues since I don't play or log into here much.) I've got a relatively minor issue, but it's kind of annoying. If I'm chatting with a friend and I start typing a long message, after a certain point, it looks like I'm not saying anything anymore. Like, mid-sentence, I'll just stop seeing what else I'm writing. After ten characters or so, it "backs up" the sentence and starts to display what I was writing, but it's several characters behind. So when I finish the sentence, I can't see the last few words I wrote. But if I hit enter, it shows up just fine. Is this a known issue? I've had it since I started playing the game on my iMac months ago, and it still persists even now on my MacBook Air.beat3 Apr 8, 2011
Apr 8, 2011 cant play any mode! please help Hi, i installed my starcraf 2 in my mac. Some how i cant play in any single player rather than the campaign.. the games keeps looking for available games and never finds anything on the multiplayer.. and for single player mode to play against the ai never finds any map so i can load the game.. if any one cant help me ill appreciateBroodmaster1 Apr 8, 2011
Apr 8, 2011 Black Screen and Sound Loop Crash I meant to post this here but accidentally posted it in Tech support. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2353107113 ...Ziantos2 Apr 8, 2011
Apr 8, 2011 Newly-installed client, never-ending patches What do I need to do on a mac to fix this problem?LEATHERNECK2 Apr 8, 2011
Apr 8, 2011 Unable to connect to Battlenet I play SCII on a Mac OS X Version 10.6.7 but today the login box wouldn't come up. After several minutes, a screen appears that says I cannot connect to Battlenet, but my internet works fine. After restarting my computer and internet it still won't work. A friend of mine said he had the same issue previously, and after restarting SCII several times it would work again, but mine did not. Any suggestions?Nanaimo1 Apr 8, 2011
Apr 8, 2011 Fullscreen replays I recently noticed that there is a way to watch a replay full screen, without the control panel and mini map on the screen. I saw it on the recent GSL broadcasts. I cannot for the life of me find the hotkey that does it though. Can anyone tell me what it is? Thank you.Meatleg2 Apr 8, 2011
Apr 7, 2011 Command + M problems when watching replays With the new "tug of war" tabs for resources, army and APM's, the shortcut for the APM one is command + M. When I try to bring up the tab my window just minimizes. Its the same command for both so it is not possible for me to see the tug of war APM tab. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way around it? ThanksJohnGalt3 Apr 7, 2011
Apr 6, 2011 Mercy TD drops I am just wondering if there is any news on the Mercy TD problem. (Getting dropped mid-game) It seems that this is only a Mac problem. Has there been any attention given to this? any solutions? Thank youJanitor2 Apr 6, 2011
Apr 6, 2011 Oscillating FPS I seem to have an odd issue where my fps starts at 30 (capped), stays there for ~3 seconds, then drops to 19. Stays there 3 seconds, then shoots up again. Repeat. It's very regular and seems to happen entirely regardless of what is actually going on onscreen. It will literally drop to 19-20 and hang there. before shooting up again. I'm running a 2.53 MBP with the 9600M. OSX 10.6.7. Been having this problem since launch, but only recently got back into playing. Any ideas?alexei6 Apr 6, 2011
Apr 6, 2011 updater has a problem I just bought a macbook. I used my dvd to install. When I finished install, then the update started then the problem happened. It always show me "waiting for files to close...." . I can't delete the downloader and I tried to reinstall once again. Now I have seen this message hole night. HELP!!!shinjirobin4 Apr 6, 2011
Apr 13, 2011 Repair Tool I've been reading the forums on the problems of patch 1.1.3 installing and some say to use the "Repair Tool." Blizzard themselves have said this too, but it says "In your StarCraft II Installation Folder" and I have no idea where that is. The closest I can get is the SC2 folder that has "Starcraft II Installer.app" (btw i have windows vista) which inside that folder is "Contents" and inside THAT is MacOS, Resources, INFO and pkginfo both of which i can't open. I've been through all the folders in MacOS and Resources and I can't find any support or Repair.exe file. I tried going to the install menu where it the options are "Install, Manual, Support and Exit." And THAT support file takes me to the blizzard website. Please help if you know where it is!Ben6 Apr 13, 2011
Apr 5, 2011 *SCII does not support your graphics card I just installed an ATI Radeon HD 5770 which I got from apple and Blizzard lists as a recommended card for High setting but whenever I try to play it gives me the unsupported card message? I just installed all the patches and I get the same problem. Any help would be much appreciatedCEOFunButton4 Apr 5, 2011
Apr 5, 2011 Mac Pro 1,1 with SC2 Hello everyone, I'm totally new to the RTS and SC for that matter. I'm usually found playing FPS's on the PS3 or racing in online racing simulators (GT5). After watching SC2 in dallas at the MLG event this game really intrigued me so I figured i'd give it a try. I'm on a beefed up Mac Pro 1,1 (2006) with a 30" Apple Display and noticed that my graphics card was a turd (nivida 7300). So after reading up tons on this forum and soaking in all the totally amazing information provided here, I decided to go out and buy a ATI Radeon HD 5770. I just got done loading up SC2 with all the settings set to Ultra and my Astro's hooked up in 5.1 and I'm totally blown away as to how awesome this looks and plays. This game is friggin amazing and I can't believe I haven't played it before. Probably cause i'm on a mac and since I do graphic design for a living i've always been on a mac and games on a mac suck. Until now. If I could do a back flip on how awesome this game is I would, but i'd probably hurt myself. I totally suck right now as i'm fumbling with the commands but I can see why this has such a big following. So I wanted to thank all those that provided information in all these threads cause it helped me to enjoy this game to the fullest.onemoetime1 Apr 5, 2011
Apr 5, 2011 Connecting to starcraft 2 Hello' For the past couple minutes I've been trying to connect to starcraft 2 but, when I type in my email and press connect it gives me an error saying either its bnet or my internet. It can't be my internet for the simple fact that I can still use my web browsers and I've tried multiple things and nothing seems to work any help would be great.Artwork1 Apr 5, 2011
Apr 4, 2011 Downloader will not start My friend just bought the game from blizzards website and downloaded the blizzard downloader. However when he clicks on the downloader it opens but stays at 0.0 downloaded. Is the downloader down or is the an easy fix for this.Jib1 Apr 4, 2011
Apr 4, 2011 Cannot connect to Battle.net after the update Keeps saying "Connecting to Battle.net" and there's the Play offline button only. It only happens after the patch. I don't have any firewall installed on my mac. What should I do?McBunny1 Apr 4, 2011
Apr 4, 2011 Can not download path 1.3.1 Texture Problem Hello, Ive been trying to download the 1.3.1 patch since it was released. When i download an error message says there is an issue downloading textures. My Graphics card is an Nividia Geforce 8600 gt. I already tried reloading the software. After reloading the software it had the same issue when i was downloading 1.3.1. Please help!Falco1 Apr 4, 2011
Apr 4, 2011 Unplayable framerate in 1.3.1 EDIT: Never mind, I’m dumb.Frungi9 Apr 4, 2011
Apr 3, 2011 ladder ranking issue since 1.3 since 1.3 hit my current and past ladder ranking aren't displaying in my profile page. not sure if this is a mac issue a bnet issue or a game issue. i can see my rank before and after games above the start game button and at the score screen. but i can't view my leagues or my friends leagues.EnVDrQton0 Apr 3, 2011
Apr 3, 2011 Logitech MX revolution settings? I'm using a logitech MX resvolution mouse with my mac for SC2, and I'd like to know what settings people suggest for the campaign. I've got all four extra buttons I'm not using. I'm thinking maybe one for my manufacturing group (barracks, factory, starport)? Thanks!Oakleyboy0 Apr 3, 2011
Apr 2, 2011 Will Razer Abyssus work on Mac? Someone plz help I want to buy a Razer Abyssus for my MacBook Pro but it only says windows compatible, nothing about mac. Will it work perfectly, does someone have it and have problems? Help plz ThxJohnGalt0 Apr 2, 2011
Apr 2, 2011 repair tool doesn't work now the repair tool says it's unable to connect to the blizzard servers...my internet connection works...OGkilla1 Apr 2, 2011
Apr 2, 2011 SC2 Crashed on loading screen = I got a loss So, just tried to play a 1v1 game on the ladder, it found an opponent and a map, and while my loading bar went full, my opponents went halfway, froze, and then all of a sudden my client crashes. Ok, whatever. But that registers as a loss for me? I lost 11 points because my computer decided it wanted to throw a temper tantrum. I'm assuming this is a known issue, and that there is nothing being done about it, but felt like raging a bit before playing my next game.EcterA2 Apr 2, 2011
Apr 2, 2011 What causes mouse "jump"? I'm using a wireless mouse on a macbook pro and sometimes the mouse just jumps all over the screen. I guessed its the internet, graphics, wirless mouse, or laptop getting hot.tooiNcontroL6 Apr 2, 2011
Apr 1, 2011 patch 1.3.1 manual download? my blizzard downloader never seems to want to work. it will go from 0 to 100% but it wont download anything and when i try to play the game it just shuts down when i get to the log in screen. i was wondering if there is a manual download that i could use for the patch. or a solution to my downloader problem.TrittYcenT9 Apr 1, 2011
Apr 1, 2011 Starcraft 2 After Bootcamping So I bootcamped windows onto my Mac for various reasons. Everything works fine outside of Starcraft 2. But in the game issues arise; when i press enter to submit text in the chat it submits the text after several seconds upon pressing enter. I also lag horribly in even the smallest of games. I restarted the PRAM, i removed the cache of bnet, and did something else with SMC. None of this has helped and all of my other programs still run fine. Starcraft is also only taking up to a MAX of 75 percent of my CPU when in a game but the game is lagging horrendously. Help!AuricPolaris2 Apr 1, 2011
Apr 1, 2011 Will not start Download of Patch 1.3.1 I've been trying to play SC2 on my Macbook Pro, but whenever I launch the game, the patch installer will not show up, and when the game is done loading and asks me to log in, it says there is a new patch available and the game will now restart and download the patch, now it doesn't restart by itself (not a problem for me) but when I relaunch the game it doesn't download the patch. Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix this?tracLondon2 Apr 1, 2011
Apr 1, 2011 Game Freezes and with loud static popping? In recent weeks, every game I play on battle.net ends with the speakers emitting a continuous series of load static pops and the game freezing(the whole computer does too). I have been using headphones, so the popping is quite painful when it occurs. This happens anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour into the game. Strangely, when I pull the headphones out of the jack, the sound stops. (But everything remains frozen.) This only happens when play SC II. I have not experienced it at any other time. Anyone else experience this? System: Mac OS : 10.6.6 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (2 x 2GB DIMM) + (2 x 4 GB DIMM) ATI Radeon HD 5750 (VRAM 1024 MB) TheGMan4 Apr 1, 2011
Mar 31, 2011 Performance issues since 1.3 Has anyone else been experiencing a lot of slowdown/choppiness since 1.3? I just had a game where, with no warning, creep stopped showing up as it was being spread, banelings looked like they were glowing orange when they were morphing and my game froze and crashed. Anyone else had any similar experiences/ideas on what I can do to make sure it doesn't happen again? 2010 15" MBP, by the way.McBrungus20 Mar 31, 2011
Mar 31, 2011 Starcraft Server Shut Down? (North America) I didn't quite get the message but I did remember about (20mins) Blah, blah, blah xD but now each time I try to load Sc2 it closes out right as soon as main screen shows. The main website show's its online and I haven't seen anything about a patch or any news about it. Can someone point me to the right direction xDValkian13 Mar 31, 2011
Mar 31, 2011 Starcraft boots, but immediately closes. Today is 03/31/11 I logged into Starcraft to do my placements. I decided to play a match against a CPU first, just to get my fingers moving, and then went to play quick match. The match started and i started probing, but almost immediately the game said that it was waiting for player (me). after the time elapsed and it gave me the defeat display the game closed and now i cannot get it to open again. I get as far as being able to see the login screen, but i cannot do anything before it closes again. Is this common? Should I re-install?Nast5 Mar 31, 2011
Mar 31, 2011 Can't connect Well, first of all, neither me or my brother can connect to battle.net on starcraft 2, it says check internet connection (which is obviously working) or battle.net servers are down. But for me, when i try to play offline, it says "To enable offline play, connect to Battle.net to authorize your game client. You also need at least one Starcraft II character on the account." That is bogus because I've played before AND i've logged in to manage my account and it says SC2 is active with the character Daltard. any help? Thanks.Daltard6 Mar 31, 2011
Mar 31, 2011 Players' Colors I don't know why but recently all my opponents are displayed as being red and I'm allways displayed as being green, not just on the minimap, but also on the main screen. This happends to both 1v1 and team games. I verified with a friend and this happening only to me. I supspect I wrongly changed some options, but I have no idea how to change it back. Any help?Boggy2 Mar 31, 2011
Mar 31, 2011 When double clicking a replay: ERROR! I get this message: "An error occurred starting StarCraft II. Please try again." But the game starts just fine if I open it directly... But being able to double click replays used to work. And we all know who have seen that message before, trying again simply doesn't work. Any ideas on how to fix it? OS X 10.6.6 i7 2.66 NVidia 330m 6 GB ramTheLindyHop9 Mar 31, 2011
Mar 31, 2011 Unable to download authentication module I just got a new MBP and used the migration assistant to transfer all my files over. Tried to run SC2 and got an error when I tried to connect from the login screen, "Unable to download authentication module. Please try again later." Uninstalled then reinstalled from the disc, got the same error. Ran the Repair client, still getting the same problem. Halp!kimchi2 Mar 31, 2011
Mar 30, 2011 smcFAN and SC2 I had accidentally posted this in general discussion... Wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen. When I close SC2 my MBP jumps from over 80degrees C to ~60degrees within 1-3min of closing the game. Is it possible for my computer to cool off that fast or is it possible that SC2 may be artificially causing my MBP to think it is really hot? yourselfimg2 Mar 30, 2011
Mar 29, 2011 1.1 patch slow fps I could previously play on my macbook pro on low settings with great performance or even on medium with a few hiccups here and there. Since the patch: my FPS is <10 almost all the time. It's impossible to play any sort of match because I can barely control my units. Score screens take what seem like forever to pop up. I have joined a few lobbies and it auto countdown but I cant see anything or anyone in the lobby. Menu screens are slow and laggy. This all happened AFTER downloading the patch. Any suggestions?Veritas95 Mar 29, 2011