Mac Technical Support

Mar 29, 2011 Background Blue Screen After I switched from Windowed (Fullscreen) to Fullscreen and exited the game, my background became the light blue color, and my bottom bar moved up a bit and slightly to the left. This has happened before and it takes a restart to go away.Gemini2 Mar 29, 2011
Mar 29, 2011 previous patch versions in '/Applications/StarCraft II/Version' there looks to be several previous patch versions. I assume they are there to view replays from old versions. Can the older 'BaseXXXXX' folders be removed to save some space? The older versions look to consume about a gig of space.Daniel2 Mar 29, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Game Stops on Space Screen I have always been able to play SC2 fine.. then last night I installed WoW on this mac and after that when I try to open SC2 it gets passed the loading screen but then sits on the space screen. The game doesnt freeze it just sits there. The planet keeps rotating and particles keep flying by but nothing happens. Any suggestions on what might be happening? Thank you for your time.PtownJungle3 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Quick Question I'm thinking about purchasing the new 13' macbook pro with basic specs (2.3GHz dual core intel i5, 4GB of memory, intel graphics HD 3000 processor). Do I still need to partition some of my hard drive for Windows bootcamp in order to get the most out of my machine for SC2? Is there anything else I should consider to make the game run smooth?Dayman1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Reseting Control Groups So after the patch I can no longer reset my control groups using control+1 ( I have a mac ) can does anybody else have this problem too?superduperG15 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Game startup trouble When I start the game, it follows the procedure commences to load Starcraft II. My mac has had no problem with this game before until now. After I input my username the game just shuts down and I lose access to the game. The first time this happened was when the server was under maintenance, but that was three days ago. Can anyone assist me in this situation. By the way I am a computer nerd, so technical words will not confuse me if I am spoken to in that manner.Jarvis1 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Changing SC2 patch destination. Sorry if this is a bit of a simple problem, but I don't know how to fix it, and I would very much appreciate help. I opened SC2 today, and the patch updating screen came up. Almost immediately, a screen popped up, part of the updater, It said as a title '"PATCH ABORTED". As the body, it said "Could not initialize storage. You may not have permission to write to the destination path." I think I know why it said this, recently, I forgot my login password to my computer, so what I did was create a new account, and transfer everything from my old account's home folder to my new account's. The problem though, is that the home folder is named differently, so I'm pretty sure that SC2 is trying to install the patch in my old home folder (which is empty). Now, I don't know for sure, and I am by no means an expert on the subject I think what I need to do is somehow tell SC2 to install it in the new home folder, my questions are. If I am correct, how do I do this? If I'm not correct, what is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thank you in advance.MunkE4 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Replay Folder Now Missing?? I remember being able to find my Replay Folder somewhere from my account folder via Macintosh HD as opposed to going to the Starcraft 2 folder found in my Applications. However since one of the patches I can't seem to find my replay folder, although i do have saved replays, just unsure where they are. Anyone else having the same issue?Phillies3 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 24, 2011 Can no longer command+m into windowed mode I have checked all my settings ("disable os shortcuts" is disabled) and after the most recent patch 1.3 i can no longer enter windowed mode by using cmd+m as i was able to pre-patch.Enjoi6 Mar 24, 2011
Mar 24, 2011 [Bug - Mac Editor] Custom Scripts (CC) ...Reactorex3 Mar 24, 2011
Mar 24, 2011 Digital Download/Installer Won't Start I just picked up 2011 macbook pro 13 yesterday and this is my first mac so I'm not exactly sure what to look for. However, after I click the downloader.app, the download will remain at 0 for a few minutes until i receive the message "Lost Internet Connection!" My firewall is disabled, I've tried with and without p2p transfer...I've tried moving the downloader.app and Installer into the applications folder...all to no avail. I checked the console log, and sometimes it will either give me "operation: timed out" or nothing at all. It looks like: 3/23/11 8:14:00 PM [0x0-0x29029].com.blizzard.downloader[258] download session : 0x8ab600 has created. 3/23/11 8:14:00 PM Blizzard Downloader[258] autolaunch = 2 : SC2-WingsOfLiberty-enUS-Installer/Installer.app 3/23/11 8:14:00 PM Blizzard Downloader[258] 0 : SC2-WingsOfLiberty-enUS-Installer/Installer.app will be launched. 3/23/11 8:14:00 PM [0x0-0x29029].com.blizzard.downloader[258] <CFData 0x62ec20 [0xa0545ec0]>{length = 6, capacity = 3/23/11 8:14:00 PM [0x0-0x29029].com.blizzard.downloader[258] 6, bytes = 0x109add6e4a49} and nothing ever happens, I have no idea. Please help!Slimric2 Mar 24, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 Can't Log in. Hey, whenever i have tried to log in since the new patch, I get a "trying to get to battle.net" message, which goes away after 5 seconds. Afterwards, it just hangs on the login screen with the word "us" randomly appearing in the top portion of the screen. Anyone know a fix? I'd really like to play some sc!AnalColony18 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 OSX 10.6.7 Update Does this update fix the 2011 MBP issues? (Crashing on exit)Primetime4 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 No Server for custom games? Okay so sometimes when I log on and go to a custom game popular list, there will be no games there. Then when I go to any of the other lists and try to join a game, it says there is no server for it so I cannot join it. This has only started happening after the new patch so Im wondering if it has just been happening to me or if Blizzard has been some how messing around with the servers and custom lists. I would love feedback as it is very annoying when I cant join a single custom game... Though I must say I love about 99% of the changes you made in the new patch, there seems to be a few bugs as I feel this patch is still incomplete.Fahn1 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 no available news - no recent broadcasts http://i55.tinypic.com/2n8taw.jpg I run on a mac and I've had an issue where the "News & Community" and "Recent Broadcast" sections are always blank. Restarting the game or computer doesn't fix it. Do any other mac users have this problem? Thanks :) fanfiction6 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 Community Site Forums + Safari problem So I'm using Firefox to make this post. The problem is as follows: I get to the community site and log into my account. I then click on "Forums" and when I get to the forum page I find that I am suddenly logged out. I clock "Log In" and instead of taking me to the log in page, the page gets refreshed and nothing happens. No matter what forums I select- be it general, Protoss strategy, story etc- I can NEVER log back in. The page just refreshes every time I click "Log In". Here's the kicker: When I click "Home" I am suddenly logged back in automatically. I can post on all the Blizzard blogs i.e. Grandmaster League and PTR posts, but I can never get logged in on the forum pages. Remember, this only happens with Safari. Firefox for Mac does not behave like this as I am using it right now to post on the same computer. NOTE: I just found out a problem with Firefox, lol. I tried to make "on the same computer" italic, but the buttons do not work when clicked on in Mac Firefox.Phoenix6 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 Disabling OS shortcuts Okay so I couldn't find a topic for this so Ill just ask right now: How do you disable the OS shortcut keys so when you press for example f1 it doesn't dim your screen?Fahn3 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 Voice Chat Problem I'm on a 2010 MBP and for the life of me I can't get voice chat working. I've tried the built in mic and a bluetooth headset with no luck. The test in the options menu says I'm getting signal from the mic, and I can hear the music and sound in the headset, but I don't hear my voice on the test, or anybody else in game. No one else hears me either. I tried every different setting and even called tech support to no avail. Anybody else having this problem? Any help? Thanks.Alex12 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 1.3 Patch Download The launcher says patch has finished downloading, when I click play it starts SC2, but then as soon as the login screen appears it crashes and brings the launcher back up. Additionally, if I leave the launcher open for 10 seconds without clicking play, it will close on its own.montreux2 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 iMac Quadcore: Mac OSX, ati HD 5750 1g card Do they make a catalyst for ati cards on Macs? I have a brand new iMac, and when I max out the graphics, it runs at about 19 fps. Any suggestions how to make SC2 run better on Mac? I usually run it with medium to high graphics, and it runs at around 60 fps.<br/><br/>Screen resolution: 2560x1440<br/><br/>Thanks!Hawks2 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 Permission Denied on Blizzard Downloader I recently got a new Macbook Air, and I'm trying to install SC2 on it. For some reason, the Downloader.app won't start. I am getting the following error in my console log: com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[98] ([0x0-0x2b02b].com.blizzard.downloader[372]) posix_spawn("/Users/Robert/Desktop/Downloader.app/Contents/MacOS/Blizzard Downloader", ...): Permission denied http://cl.ly/2a2g3Y0S3B3F1M3h4223 I know this is probably a Mac problem and less of a Blizzard problem, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I tried running the installer on an older macbook pro that I have and it works perfectly. Thanks! Robbot2 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 Update for the 10.6.7 update New MBP 10.6.7 was released however there is an additional update for the new MBP's http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1368Lolso0 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 New patch!!!!!!! the new patch that i downloaded today was pre sweet. only problem is everytime i exited a game it shut doww my whole starcraft. not only this but after playing one round it completely shutdown my internet online saying that there wer no games and it generally messed up my starcraft game. help anyone? its never happend before until nowJonny1 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 Black Flashing Screen: 2011 MBP I recently purchased a new 15 inch MacBook Pro baseline model. It has a 2 GHz i7 processor, 4 GB memory, and a AMD Radeon HD 6490M chipset. While playing, I'll periodically have my screen turn black for a couple seconds before returning me to the game. This usually happens after I've played a game or two and then continues to occur with regularity thereon afterwards. In lieu of this frustration I've turned all my graphic settings to low and still am having the problem. I checked the stickied thread, Starcraft II Performance Guide For Macs, and found that it lists the 2010 models as being able to run the game on ultra and high settings. I'm confused to why my 2011 model should be struggling even with all the settings on low =\ Hopefully I'm missing something! Thank you.Abandon4 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 Did they fix? The razor nagga issues of last patch? I would love to make control groups from my mouse again xDPoKerFaCe1 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 Custom in-game images not appearing I played a map called Eternal Shadows ORPG. The loading screen is blank—light blue instead of an image—as is the image for the quest info frame (you’d have to play it to know what that is). Apparently no Windows users have this problem; do any other Mac users? If so, it’s a cross-platform compatibility issue that Blizzard needs to fix.Frungi5 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 22, 2011 Freeze on Meinhoff mission My Computer and SC for some reason now will freeze on the Meinhoff mission whenever the first nightfall hits. imac intel i5 quadcoreGrundorf1 Mar 22, 2011
Mar 20, 2011 graphics & slow gameplay problems on iMac. I have recently completed the campaign and my practice league matches are starting to dwindle and before i start to play in regular league matches i want to improve the slow gameplay problems i have been experiencing. I used to play world of warcraft on the same computer and never experienced any problems with graphics or gameplay, the capabilities of the mac actually were surprizingly great. But now after playing starcraft i have noticed i cant play for very long with the graphics setting on medium or high, most of the settings need to be at the lowest setting in order for things to run smoothly. So, if any other mac players who have experienced the same problems could help me out, that would be awesome! Thanks, -jacob KidCudaism2 Mar 20, 2011
Mar 20, 2011 Installing using Windows download Is there a way to install Starcraft II onto OSX using the Windows installer? What I'm thinking is that it'd make sense that a small OSX binary could be downloaded and used with the 7 GB of assets provided in the Windows installer. I'm just trying to bypass having to download the entire game again. If there is no way, I'll just download the Mac client separately. I tried searching around but found nothing.TheBuzzSaw1 Mar 20, 2011
Mar 19, 2011 MBP 2010 Performance Hi, i play a lot SC2 in OSX with my MBP 15'' i7 2.66, 4GB ram and 330M, playing with medium settings than the recommended (which you can find in the other topic) i obtain less than 30 fps sometimes, i dont know if is an issue with my model (with High/Recommended settings i obtain less sometimes). How are our experiences with your model? (Please only MBP 15'' and 17'' 2010 Owners). There is another way to boost performance? In Bootcamp is better? When will the OSX version obtain better performance? I was considering the upgrade to the MBP 15'' 2011 with HD6750 but like i need the savings for another thing in 2 months (i move to Europe for studying) i dont think that i can upgrade, but really i find bad that with my old Alienware M15x (Same specs except for the gpu which was an GT240M a bit worse than the 330M) i could obtain 50fps average in Windows (Everything in High). ThanksTheros0 Mar 19, 2011
Mar 19, 2011 Hackers attempt to steal password from email. I've receive an E-mail saying that I'd request for password reset (which I didn't), and saying I need to reset with the following link it listed. It claimed itself from Blizzard but I know it's not since the link is not followed to blizzard webpage itself. (obvious link) here's what it said on the mail. ... Or was it someone randomly attempt trying to reset / steal someone's id?xRainZx2 Mar 19, 2011
Mar 19, 2011 MAC PROBLEMS cant log in for some reason whenever i try to log into starcraft 2 the @ button becomes a 1 so its impossible to log in.WonderWaffle1 Mar 19, 2011
Mar 19, 2011 Custom Maps never update For months and through multiple versions I've endured this problem: My custom maps never auto-update. The only way to get any changes I make to my published maps to show up in-game is to obliterate my "/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net" folder. Please tell me this bug is going to be fixed someday?Entropy0 Mar 19, 2011
Mar 18, 2011 Very low FPS Hi, about a day ago I turned on Starcraft 2 and the game was running really slowly. I checked the FPS and it was at 5 FPS. This is all on medium setting. Before yesterday, the game was running fine and I didn't have any problems running it. I tried changing it to the recommended settings from the sticky post in the forum, but that didn't help at all. I also changed everything to the lowest settings and it brought my frame rate up to 25 until I got into a game where it would drop to 10-15. I've tried doing software updates and running the starcraft 2 repair. My mac specs are: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M Type: GPU Bus: PCI VRAM (Total): 256 MB Thanks for the help. Vrael8 Mar 18, 2011
Mar 18, 2011 What is the best Bootcamp option to run SC2? I'm really tired of OSX performance... I'm willing to buy a Windows license just to run this game. I don't really know anything about PCs since I switched 5 years ago... so what is the best version? W7? WXP? WVista? How many GB's for the partition are recommended (again, I just want to run SC2 there)?Azka5 Mar 18, 2011
Mar 18, 2011 Game black screening on new Macbook Pro I just got a new fully decked out 17" MBP about 2 weeks ago. The default graphic settings are HIGH on pretty much everything. In large 3v3 battles I've gotten the "Your comp is slowing down the game" a few times so I've set a few down to medium/low. Whats strange though and my reason for posting is that my screen will sometime go 100% black, then come back on 3-7seconds later. The game still runs and I can hear the game audio. Took it to the Apple store to check it out and nothing. They ran every kind of diagnostic, test, etc and didn't come up with any heat related issue or anything. We were able to reproduce the issue booting up a 4v4 custom and it happened. Of course they said it was the game and not the computer. Have any of you heard of such issues and/or have any solutions or suggestions? I've manually downloaded the 1.2 patch to see if that would fix it without any success. Also attempted to refresh my PRAM with no luck. I greatly appreciate your guys help! I want to get a better idea of what may be causing the issue before I attempt to get an RMA from Apple for a new comp.MrGoodKat7 Mar 18, 2011
Mar 18, 2011 Galaxy Editor Missing So, basically the title says it all. I've recently gotten SC2 and installed it on my Macbook Pro 2010. SC2 works fine, and I have a shortcut to the Galaxy Editor on my desktop. However, it seems that the actual Galaxy Editor has been somehow removed. Is there a way to reinstall JUST the Galaxy Editor, or does this warrant a full re-install?OverWatch23 Mar 18, 2011
Mar 17, 2011 Problem installing Starcraft 2 Just picked up the new 13" macbook and the blizzard downloader is having problems downloading the game. I get the error "There was a problem authenticating your download. Please go to http://www.blizzard.com/account/ to start a new download" Any clue?cfour6 Mar 17, 2011
Mar 17, 2011 Bug:Active Corners activating after patch 1.2 Mac OS X has the "active corners" where if you move the mouse to a corner, the computer will do a designated operation--say, activate screen saver or put the screen to sleep. After patching to 1.2, I played a couple of games. I scrolled by moving my mouse to the upper right corner...and the active corner activated and my screen went black. This happened every time. I think it must be a bug. Also, while I'm here, I can't adjust my screen's brightness (F1 and F2) unless I cmd+M on the game and bring it into windowed mode, then adjust. That's kind of annoying, but not near as bad as the active corners.Tenmaru27 Mar 17, 2011
Mar 17, 2011 Needs immediate attention no pause/break key Hey I have found a serious problem with the ladder matches. As you know you are able to pause the game 3 times. Well I have no way to unpause the game if the other person starts it. It says you can use the pause/break key but I use a mac and there is no pause/break key and there is no equivalent key. This means that other people can pause the game and if they choose not to start it back I have no choice but to surrender. I have lost more then one match like this where I was about the win and the other person paused it saying that if I dont like it i can just surrender. Blizz needs to find a way to fix this and they need to fix it soon. This really is a problem and I hope it can be fixed soon.Athlavard3 Mar 17, 2011
Mar 16, 2011 2011 Macbook Pro 15/17 in models freeze issue Currently 2011 Macbook Pros 15" and 17" models are experiencing freezing when minimizing/maximizing and exiting a variety of applications. World of Warcraft and Starcraft II are randomly affecting by this, requiring a hard restart of the Macbook Pro. This is currently under investigation by Apple, as well as other software companies. If you have not done so already, please make sure automatic graphics switching is disabled in your energy saver preferences. This has been known to help ease this issue, but still may occur every so often. You can use the link below for instructions on how to disable automatic graphics switching. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4110 ________________________________________________ Mac Tech Support || Tues-Sat 9 AM - 5 PM CST If you can't find it here, contact a rep directly:http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my service. Haala at your boi Mac Blue will make you JUMP JUMP Tony Mac will make you JUMP JUMP Blue Posts will make you JUMP JUMPTonyM0 Mar 16, 2011
Mar 16, 2011 2010 Macbook Pro 15" freezing This doesn't happen very often, but from time to time SC2 just freezes on my computer. I get the pinwheel, audio loops, everything else stays put, but if I have iTunes open I can still play/skip tracks on it through keyboard shortcuts, but I can't close SC2 so I just have to restart my computer. Anyone have any idea why this is happening or any solutions?McBrungus3 Mar 16, 2011
Mar 16, 2011 Strange Hotkey/Control Group Bug I've been experiencing a very strange problem with keyboard control in multiplayer. I'm playing on a new Macbook Pro and I've had several matches where normal keyboard hotkeys start functioning incorrectly. For example: 1) When I press a number key to select a control group, it instead assigns all the selected units to that control group, effectively writing over all my control groups. 2) When I press 'S' to try and queue a unit, it instead interprets it as a "Control-S" and turns the sound on and off 3) The F-keys no longer function... I try and bring up the menu to pause the game and try and sort out of the issue, and I have to manually click it, F keys don't work. Once the game starts behaving this way, I can't figure out how to make it stop... I basically have to surrender because I'm unable to manage my control groups or use hot keys for unit production... Has anyone else had this problem? It's making me nuts. Wookiee15 Mar 16, 2011
Mar 16, 2011 2011 Macbook Pro 15" (High res) problems I have just received my custom macbook pro ordered online from the apple store, it is upgraded to have a 1680x1050 screen. Problem is, Starcraft doesn't work properly on it. After starting Starcraft, I have tried each screen resolution and at each resolution one of the following occurs: 1) Menu screen does not fill the whole monitor, ie black bars on the bottom and left, or 2) Menu is larger than the whole monitor, ie the top and bottom of the menu screen is cut off. Anyone know how to work around this? I purchased the Macbook with an upgraded "high res" screen specifically to play Starcraft, however it turns out this might have been a bad idea :( It does work fine in windowed mode, however I hate playing in windowed mode.Kenaniah1 Mar 16, 2011
Mar 15, 2011 Control Remains Held After Hotkey Set On my Macbook Pro after I control-# to set a hot key I have to after wards press control again to deselect control. For example at the start of the game I hot key my command center to 5, then mash S to build more SCVs. Instead of working properly, this toggles music on and off. I don't want to learn to play this way since I'm assuming it will be fixed just as I didn't practice mineral boosting. Please solve this small issue so that I can ladder again.TuckFrance94 Mar 15, 2011
Mar 15, 2011 Hot Keys Hot keys don't work after using Command-M, Not in the same way that they didn't work before, where control just remains held, but none of them at all worked expect for "5". So I just played with only one hot key, not as annoying as the last hot key problem. But just letting you all know so you can fix it again. Alright, Good night fellasTopKilla1 Mar 15, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 corrupt installation? (updated) so my macbook (late 2008) had been having a lot of problems lately (starcraft included) and i wiped the hardrive and reinstalled the operating system. ran updates etc. Got around to installing starcraft 2. installed it, and patched it. tried running it, got stuck on jim raynors face for a while then quit and said "your installation of starcraft 2 is corrupt would you like to run the repair tool?" i hit okay and nothing happens... anyone else at least have this problem? or a solution? (look at last post)Princess6 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 15, 2011 Using BootCamp: Only runs in XP Compatibility My system: Win 7 Professional 64bit - Service Pack 1 6GB RAM i7 @ 2.66Ghz NVidia GeForce 330M So, normally when I click on SC2 it says "An error occurred stating StarCraft II. Please try again." So, I was trying all the different things I could do from the right click menu.. run as admin didn't work. But run in compatibility mode does work.... but then SC2 takes a huge performance hit... cause it says the reccommended settings are 720p =( I have tried reinstalling the game so many times.. I've also been running SC2 as admin. I've installed to Program Files, instead of the default Program Files (x86) I've updated all my Direct X Drivers. I've downloaded the latest software from NVidia I've disabled my antivirus until next reboot. and no other antiviruses have been installed. All my programs that would generate an overlay have been closed. Problem persists =( following http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1021052592 SC2 does not run in selective mode either\ I have direct X 11 installed dxdiag results: http://pastebin.com/9MPjG1yATheLindyHop1 Mar 15, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 PS3 and SC2 compatible headset? Hey, does anyone have a recommendation for a headset that would work for PS3 and SC2 on mac gameplay? Currently, I'm wanting to get a cell phone bluetooth like those made by sony for the ps3. My thinking is that is should also work with sc. As an added bonus, it would work with my cell phone which would be nice. This seems like a really cost effective solution for me, but I'm wanting input from people who possibly have a similar situation. Thanks in advance for your advice.Astatine5 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Battle colours??? This may not be a Mac Tech question, But then again it may. I have somehow hit a setting that makes the battle colours i see, always be the same. I always appear the have green , my allies always yellow and the enemy always red.I have looked in all the game settings and cant find anything. This doesn't change my game play or how it runs. i just would like to have all the random colours back, after all variety is the spice of life.Merse1 Mar 13, 2011