Mac Technical Support

Apr 1, 2016 Sound Tearing Issues -- Nova Campaign So I haven't seen anything else about this, but I'm having serious issues with sound tearing and popping/crackling in the first map of the Nova campaign. If I pause for a second it goes away, but it comes back pretty quickly afterwards. Anyone found a fix/had this issue? Edit: Seems to start whenever dialog and sound effects overlap.Ramenth9 Apr 1, 2016
Mar 30, 2016 Incredibly annoying mouse issue Hello, I've only recently noticed this in the past three days but the issue that's bothering me is rendering sc2 unplayable for me and it's driving me insane. Essentially what is happening is that my mouse seems to be really inaccurate/buggy. It's obviously very hard to explain this without physically showing you the problem, but I'll try to be specific as possible. A lot of times when I click something, at the last second when I click it, the mouse cursor shifts over a few pixels even though I didn't tell it to. Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't but it happens quite frequently. There also seems to be a bit of mouse lag in some instances. For example, if I make a bunch of boxes around my workers at the start of the game, it feels like my mouse is further right than it should be, which in turn doesn't allow me to select what I'm aiming to select. This is the core of the issue. The mouse doesn't point and/or go where I want it to. Occasionally, the mouse will also go berserk and teleport to a random part of the screen without my telling it to do so. However, this does not happen all that often. The main issue is the constant feeling of unresponsiveness and slight lag. I know that this could be due to a variety of reasons, and that there's no concrete fix necessarily but this is driving me nuts. I can't play sc2 at all when my cursor is constantly bugging out. I've already tried the following: -installing new drivers for my mouse (logitech g9x) -installing the latest version of El capitan OSX -enabling vertical sync -messing with cursor settings across game/mac/mouse clients -messing with mouse acceleration/whatever other options there are in menu I've noticed this same exact problem with two mice now. I don't know what happened and i'm not sure what went wrong, but i believe that this issue either lies with starcraft 2 or with my mac. I'm completely devastated though. This is a game breaking issue and it really hurts not to be able to play my favorite game. If anybody could offer any form of help or suggestions, it'd be much appreciated. Thank you.Juicy7 Mar 30, 2016
Mar 30, 2016 [Bug] Cannot build structures, warp in units I posted this in the bug reports forum http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/20742935795 but I thought I'd post this here as well to see if anyone knows what's going on or knows how to resolve the issue. I cannot finish the campaign for Legacy of the Void. On the final mission, I cannot build structures like warp gates nor can I build units with the structures provided at the mission start. Exiting the mission and returning to the Spear of Adun brings a a glitched screen with no map and missing graphical elements. Running the OS X client, version 3.2.0.41743 on OS X, version 10.11.4. The hardware is a MacBook Pro, 2.7 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, 1 MB Nvidia GeForce GT 650M, 500 GB SSD with 58GB free. Attached screenshots and save files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwIVM3x_RhNxdHJTMW8xZ3o0Zkkbadrodent0 Mar 30, 2016
Mar 30, 2016 Mouse Speed Slowed Since Latest Patch Since the latest patch, my mouse speed is slowed/(reverted to factory default) when I launch SC2. When I close SC2, the mouse speed is reverted to my set speed. - Mac OSX 10.11.4 MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB Mouse: - Standard Apple Magic Mouse Not using any mouse speed 3rd party things; I increase my mouse speed using this command on Terminal: defaults write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling 60 This issue happened to me on release date for patch 3.0 as-well: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/19650245511 But was fixed with a later patch.Shortland0 Mar 30, 2016
Mar 29, 2016 Starcraft 2 Co-Op Game Crashes Macbook Pro Since the latest SC2 update which includes Co-Op play, Co-Op gaming often ends up with a sudden system crash. The screen switches off in a bright flash without warning mid-game and then the entire system reboots. No error logs are recorded of the crash. Tried switching off GPU switching in System Preferences/Energy Saver/ but it doesn't help. Running: 1. 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2010) 2. OS X 10.10.1 El Capitan. 3. SC2 version 3.0.5.39117 Anyone else experience this?seven6 Mar 29, 2016
Mar 28, 2016 SC2 WoL crash mac OSX hey guys, just bought wings of liberty, everything worked fine up until the second level of the Terran campaign. When I load level 2 (the outlaws), everything runs fine, the level starts and runs for about 30 seconds and then like clockwork my comp crashes and restarts. Also tried loading the Tactical Command challenge to see if the same problem occurs, and it does, but about 1min it (so a little longer). System info is: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 4 MB Memory: 4 GB Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Type: GPU can give more info if needed. also have the error report info sent to mac if that's helpful. anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? pretty bummed I can't get past the first level... thanks a lotMrSolid4 Mar 28, 2016
Mar 27, 2016 Black Screen Freezes Hello, Lately I have been playing as I normally do, but all of the sudden my screen just turns black, my backlit keyboard turns on and the looping sound occurs, I did recently turn up my graphics to the recommended settings of High, which I understand would make my computer work a bit more, but this crash is pretty bad. I forces me to hard reboot my computer, it doesnt auto shut down ruling out the possibility of an overheat since MBP's are supposed to shutdown on an overheat, not crash and freeze. Is this a current client issue? driver issue? are my recommended settings incorrect? System Specs i7 2.66 GHz Macbook pro 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Mac OS 10.6.8 NVidia Geforce GT 330 M The battery runs hot, but feels normal temperature, I've tried multiple surfaces to run on to see if it was overheating, but this problem has become more and more frequent, last time it happened I was maybe 3 minutes into a campaign mission and boom. Vexxed10 Mar 27, 2016
Mar 26, 2016 Random Crash? Not sure what's going on, but my game keep crashing after I started it. I can't play any of the campaign missions and now not even multiplayer. Here's the code that the error thing gave me: 76205500-ACC1-469E-A91F-A9490F746C5D.Curbsidious0 Mar 26, 2016
Mar 26, 2016 Recieving this error code BLZBNTBTS00004 Trying to install SC2 on my wife's Mac, but I get this error when trying to start the download. The game loaded fine on my surface, but not the Mac. Not to experienced with Macs, so I will take what ever help I can get. Thank you in advance!Frost1 Mar 26, 2016
Mar 24, 2016 Can't play game suddenly After logging in to Battlenet, the 'Play' button does not illuminate, so cannot click it to play game, never had this prob before, why now? ThanksGumboots1 Mar 24, 2016
Mar 23, 2016 PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME Every time that i want to play starcraft II, the game get freeze (crashed) and i have to restart my PC. Please i need help because that problem repeats any time. I want to know what to doMarioE0 Mar 23, 2016
Mar 22, 2016 Mac OS 10.11.4 Now Available Apple has released their newest OS Update, 10.11.4. Patch notes for this release can be found on Apple's website. Both for system security and game compatibility, we recommend keeping your Operating System up to date. Some issues that previously impacted game performance have been addressed as well!Glaxigrav0 Mar 22, 2016
Mar 18, 2016 how do u run sc2 in 32 bit when I try to play a game on arcade in 64 bit i get so much lag i can't even play so i try to switch to 32 bit there is nothing to press. so how do u get from 64 bit to 32 bit on my mac, what do i press, or how do i put it on a 32 bitCHEEESEMANNN1 Mar 18, 2016
Mar 18, 2016 Campaign won't Load I'm halfway through the campaign, and today (after 2 months) I tried to play it again, and it says that the Mod I have is from an older version, and it won't load! My game is up-to-date!Piry5 Mar 18, 2016
Mar 15, 2016 Whoops! error upon updating the 3.1.4 patch Seconds after hitting the update button I get this error message: Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot. Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 I've tried all the instructions and everything else I could find on the forums, noting seems to work. Velnrak gave me windows-instructions for a selective startup, then abandoned the issue. Locked out of my game for almost a week, please help out.rothond3 Mar 15, 2016
Mar 13, 2016 SCV selection problem! For the past few days, about 3-5 minutes into a multiplayer game, anytime I select 1 SCV using a left click, it will select ALL SCV. Same thing for buildings etc. The problem eventually goes away then comes back on again. This is really annoying. In all honesty, the Mac build of this game is really really buggy. If it isn't graphics error or crash is another. During campaign mode.... game play would all of a sudden slow down when advancing to another level. Quitting the game and restart will solve the problem. I like Blizzard... but this game is really just beta quality when it is released for the Mac. Guys .... get with it. I'm running MacPro with 8 cores on 30 inch cinema display.Bunnyturd6 Mar 13, 2016
Mar 13, 2016 can't install legacy of the void i bought the game recently and every time i try and install it, it opens the battlenet launcher, begins download then stops for no apparent reason. I'm using a mac(:/) yosemite.TheRevenant0 Mar 13, 2016
Mar 12, 2016 [Bug] [OSX] Game crashes in Assembly Panel Hi, Playing the recent Protoss campaign, I got the game crashing twice when selecting an option from the assembly Panel in the Spear of Adun. What I can tell is that it happened when I got access to a new option. I went to war council -> assembly panel It did not happen with the new option only though. * The first time it was when I got the new Assault ship purifier option (Arbiter) and it crashed when I displayed it and then reverted to the destroyer. * The second time was when I got the last mothership option, but, it crashed when I tried to select warrior melee purifier option and reverted back to another. Config: OSX Maverick on late Macbook Pro 2013 16GB RAMBlueLake6 Mar 12, 2016
Mar 11, 2016 Depth of Field effect no longer working I've done extensive fiddling in the editor, plus tested maps that I made before 3.0 that had working Depth of Field on camera effects. In all cases, the effect no longer appears. I've double checked the graphics settings in the editor and in-game, and both say that depth of field is enabled. Anyone have ideas about this?LucidIguana1 Mar 11, 2016
Mar 10, 2016 Battle.net won't let me go online(El Capitan) I can't manage to go online on Battle.net (error : BLZBNTBGS80000021). - Internet connection working perfectly. - DHCP renewed. - Battle.net and StarCraft II both uninstalled and reinstalled. Help?Newtown0 Mar 10, 2016
Mar 10, 2016 "An unexpected error has occurred" That comes up when I try to log into battle net. The error code it gives tends to change but this is the last one it gave me: 69FA0E28-B39A-4728-AEF6-E290E04C17D2. I really want to get this fixed so I can play the game I just bought ><KadO0 Mar 10, 2016
Mar 10, 2016 Battle Net Launcher Crashes during log in (MAC) I just installed battle net launcher. I try logging in and it says "An unexpected error has occurred" with a yellow triangle and exclamation point in it the error code is : 98F865CC-8462-4E9D-AC61-3830FB055E61. Log in info is correct, system is up to date, and I have played SC2 on this mac book before. Howeever am having issues now. Any idea on how I can fix this? BTW, I am not that MAC savvy just fyi, go easy on me. ;)KadO0 Mar 10, 2016
Mar 8, 2016 Low FPS in Windowed (Fullscreen) Mode We're aware of an OS bug where running some games in Fullscreen (Windowed) mode an cause a severe drop in FPS in-game. We anticipate this is addressed in the next OSX build. In the meantime, there are two different workarounds that may help! 1. Running the game in Fullscreen Running the game in fullscreen should not have the FPS degradation above. This does limit some functionality, such as ease of tabbing out of game without redrawing your desktop and Applications. 2. Minimize all background windows using Flash (including Blizzard App) Flash applications drawn behind a Windowed (Fullscreen) application cause FPS loss. The Blizzard Desktop App uses Flash elements as well, so minimizing this on launch can help. 1. Open the Blizzard App > Settings. 2. On the General Tab, locate the When I launch a Game dropdown. 3. Select Close the Blizzard App Window 4. Click Done to finalize your changes.Glaxigrav0 Mar 8, 2016
Mar 8, 2016 VMware Fusion? So I have VMware Fusion 3.1 and for anyone who doesn't know what it is, it is software that allows for Windows to be run on Mac a lot more easily. I have a MacBook Pro and was wondering if anyone else is able to play SC 2 through VMware? I haven't tried it out and I wanted to know if people were able to play it, since supposedly Windows systems are better equipped to play this game than Mac ones. So if anyone has played SC 2 through VMware let me know, because I would love to play with better graphics and frame rate.dunderri10 Mar 8, 2016
Mar 8, 2016 Building Placement Bug I experience a bug where after queuing an SCV to build a structure, the structure remains queued, as though I am holding down shift, even though I am not. I have to actually hit the escape key to un-queue the structure to give further shift commands. I'm playing on a Macbook Pro if that makes a difference. Thanks! This is only occurring in LOTV and not in HOTS!Corgisaurus5 Mar 8, 2016
Mar 6, 2016 Command + F5 key bind not being saved If I keybind cmd + F5 key to create location 5, the keybind is removed when I exit Starcraft 2. This only happens with cmd + F5. If I save create location 5 under option + F5, the keybind is saved even after closing starcraft 2. Can this be fixed?Timothy0 Mar 6, 2016
Mar 5, 2016 How to set mouse hotkeys? As the title says, I am wondering how to set mouse hotkeys. I am using a Nexxtech Ergo mouse. Under option, I have "Disable OS keyboard shortcuts." and try to set it but nothing happens. I am simply trying to set my thumb key to make probes, and probably my next one for a warp in or something. Help?TGxMaldzar5 Mar 5, 2016
Mar 5, 2016 Maps downloading percent always show 0% Arcade maps.IOXX2 Mar 5, 2016
Feb 28, 2016 Cannot get support I have tried to contact support and cannot get it. I wish to figure out why Archon Mode isn't working.ATHEOTES0 Feb 28, 2016
Feb 25, 2016 Nothing works, cant create support ticket So, i really am loving playing SC II. Ive been an addict only with the demo version for the last days. today i wanted to even finally purchase the whole trilogy, but continuously get cryptic errors when trying to run the game. I wont pay for something that wont run. I have tried all of the potential solutions on the cryptic support page, and nothing. I tried to creat a legit support ticket over the website, after many tries, it seems that i still havent registered a support ticket. Generally im not one to bring my troubles to a forum such as tis, but hey... I am unable to even make a support ticket!! not just even a simple email address to blizzard, nothing. just SC2 totally nonfuntional. For reference, i am on a 2015 macbook pro, os x 10.11, latest version. Its been working fine for a week now. Amazingly, the game has just stopped working the very day i was ready to send in my sixty bux. You guys need to fix this, and i really want to play this game. thanks for any help, and please, lets get that support website actually working....Jaapils3 Feb 25, 2016
Feb 25, 2016 MAC Players.. Command Buttons F2 not working So I go into the options and click on disable os commands thinking F1 and F2 would now work but no. How do I use F1 and F2 on a mac? And yes, i already went into system preferences and allowed starcraft 2 to make changes to my computer.VyseSkyKing1 Feb 25, 2016
Feb 24, 2016 Battle.net quit unexpectedly Hey guys.. tried a lot of stuff I'm trying to install Battle.net on my brand new Macbook Pro. I have all permission on Shared folder , no firewall, no anti-virus, etc. The downloaded fil come from the genuine battle.net website. Once I unzipped and execute the .exe, i goes to the end and one B.net is trying to open, it crashes The error message is Battle.net quit unexpectedly. need help here :)Mulotfif3 Feb 24, 2016
Feb 21, 2016 Crashing in game, Error note says reinstall? I've had an issue twice now where upon crashing, the error note tells me I need to reinstall SC2. What's going on here?Corgisaurus0 Feb 21, 2016
Feb 21, 2016 confine mouse not working? I run SC2 in Fullscreen mode on OSX El Capitan with "Smart" mouse confine. When I first open up SC2, my second screen is all black, but I can move the mouse there. When a SC2 game loads and I am no longer in the menu screens, the mouse confine does not actually activate, so I can still move my cursor off the game screen onto the other screen. Changing confine mouse to "always" doesn't solve the problem. I can solve the problem by toggling graphics away from "Fullscreen" to "Windowed Fullscreen" AND THEN BACK to "Fullscreen" - once I toggle *back* to Fullscreen, the mouse is properly confined to the game window during games. This is somewhat annoying and obviously not the way this is supposed to behave... why isn't the confine properly activated from the beginning under "Fullscreen"? Thanks.SnapperCWAL0 Feb 21, 2016
Feb 20, 2016 The mod data loaded does not match... ...the mod data used to play this game. WTP? Why did this ridiculous program force load the new patch v 1.1 and then be unable to allow me to continue my campaign (I'm now 16 stages into the 25). Judging by the sheer number of MAC posts Blizzard entirely failed to beta test their code on MACs prior to forcing this patch onto us paying customers. Inexcusable.VOODOO19 Feb 20, 2016
Feb 19, 2016 Campaign levels won't load anymore! I'm playing on Mac and a while ago once I beat the Supernova level on Terran Campaign it stopped loading. The loading bar will get to a certain point then I will be taken back to the previous screen. This just started happening to the Zerg campaign (after mission 14 or 16 I think) and the Protoss (not yet started) wont load either. How can I fix this?Gupinator1 Feb 19, 2016
Feb 19, 2016 Mac os X El Capitan... ... releases today. Can we safely upgrade?Marcaum4 Feb 19, 2016
Feb 18, 2016 Diagonal Ramps and Text Editing Issues Hey, since the update to patch 3.0 I have a couple of issues. First of all, I am unable to edit any text. I make a lot of transmissions and every time I either select the text or press ok to confirm my changes, the editor crashes. It also happens when I edit the loading screen text. In general, it's just text editing that gives me crashes. I also get two text errors. I don't know if they are linked to the issue I'm having but I mainly want to know if others are recieving something similar. Whenever I open up the editor, I get the following error message: TextError: UI/TextError/CannotLoadFontFilecourbd.ttf In addition, when I make a new map or load an existing one, I get this error: TextError: Cannot load font file [courbd.ttf]. One final thing, I am unable to make diagonal ramps. This was not a problem before. The horizontal and vertical ramps work fine but I don't use those as the diagonal ones are better for a 3D feel, and are also generally more visible on the map. Anyone else have issues making diagonal ramps? Please let me know. It would be really ideal if I could find a fix for this.Dudki6 Feb 18, 2016
Feb 15, 2016 Arcade Games Wont Download So basically any arcade game I try to play in Starcraft 2 get stuck at 0% downloading. I have restarted my computer, scanned and fixed the Starcraft 2 file, tried using ethernet and have disabled my firewall. Im currently on a 2012 Macbook pro. Both my operating system and Starcraft 2 files are up to date at this time. Is there anything else I can do for this because I haven't been able to play arcade games for a while nowLyere0 Feb 15, 2016
Feb 14, 2016 Starcraft 2 not updating Hi, When I try to launch Starcraft 2, I see the updating menu, but it would always crash after a couple of seconds. I tried to reinstall the program, but the problem persists. Any help would be appreciated.TheForsaken4 Feb 14, 2016
Feb 13, 2016 LOTV - can't select older campaigns I'm on a Mac running Sc2 LOTV which was an upgrade from HOTS and WOL before that. In the campaign selection for LOTV, I see Terran, Zerg, Toss, and the upcoming Nova, but I can't select anything besides Toss/LOTV. They're all present, but only Toss/LOTV is selectable. To go play the other campaigns again, what do I need to do to enable selection (which used to work in HOTS) so I can play the older games again? thanks!Guru0 Feb 13, 2016
Feb 13, 2016 Game client won't finish downloading I have been trying to download the game for a couple of days. When the download gets to the 'Optimal' stage I try and launch the game. It locks up and beach balls every time. I haven't been able to get the client to finish downloading. The status bar is either grey (waiting on installation update) or green and frozen with zero download speed. This is such a massive download I don't won't to delete it and start over. This is on a late '15 rMBP 15" running OS X 10.11.3Lucritia0 Feb 13, 2016
Feb 12, 2016 Game not loading on Mac When i attempt to run open the game after the latesrt patch the screen simply goes black and nothing happens during 15 minutuesMantheu0 Feb 12, 2016
Feb 11, 2016 Does StarCraft II use PhysX? Can PhysX be used in Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm, or Legacy of the Void? If so, is it available on Mac and Windows, or just Windows?Jfblagden2 Feb 11, 2016
Feb 11, 2016 Logitech mouse button config I am currently using Logitech Control Center to configure my Logitech mouse buttons for my MBP. However, when I create a custom configuration for the Starcraft 2 application, it does not work when I launch Starcraft 2. Anyone have any suggestions for a fix? I also used Steermouse. It does not work either. Gankyoass7 Feb 11, 2016
Feb 9, 2016 How to find saved replays on Mac OSX 10.8.3 I spent some time trying to find where replays were located and found some conflicting information, as well and ran into a problem. I hope this information is useful for anyone looking for their replays. Location: Macintosh HD /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/StarCraft II/Accounts/<number>/<number>/Replays By default, the Library folder is hidden, so you will first have to open terminal and run: chflags nohidden /users/<username>/LibrarySean5 Feb 9, 2016
Feb 5, 2016 Starcraft Login - nothing happens I just downloaded sc2 onto this computer, somehow I got online no problem last night...now when I open Starcraft it wants a login, so I put in my email, confirm lights up, I click it, pauses for 10 secs or so and then nothing happens......any help?DeadInDaHead2 Feb 5, 2016
Feb 5, 2016 Problem with Desktop Client (MAC) I don't know where to post this. My Battle.net Client never shuts down properly. I have to force shutdown my computer to be able to do it, It won't let me even restart the computer normally.Piry3 Feb 5, 2016
Feb 2, 2016 Set hot corners coming through to game I've been playing Starcraft II almost every week since Wings of Liberty Beta, and always on my mac. I've noticed the past few weeks that my Mission Control hot corners are active while in the Starcraft II application. Of course this is unplayable as my screen will fly around when my cursor hits a corner. This didn't used to be the case. I always activated my hot corners, played Starcraft II, and nothing was wrong. This is new. I didn't change any settings or change my operating system. I like using Hot Corners, but now I have to remember to take them off any time I load into Starcraft II. It's annoying. I have Max OSX 10.8.5. Please help.iceNine2 Feb 2, 2016
Jan 29, 2016 Campaign progress lost on upgrade When I upgraded to Wings of Liberty from the cheap trial version (that lets you play the first 5 levels) I lost the progress I had made on the campaign. No stress, I started again and did it on the harder setting. But then when I reopened starcraft today it automatically downloaded an update, after which my original attempt was there, and my progress on hard was lost.... Can I get that back somehow? I'm on a Mac, I checked the permissions of the save folders and I can write. There seem to be two accounts in there, so the save files should be accessible, but I can't figure out how to load the one I want.taigh0 Jan 29, 2016