Protoss Discussion

Feb 21 Myco's Guide to Lower Leagued toss players. I've been mentoring many lower league toss players and I've decided to write out a guide about common problems I noticed/things most people need to work on. Note: this is a guide intended for bronze/silver players mostly, so you may disagree with some points here and there, but I believe its easier for new players to understand the game first before looking into deeper strategies/micros/etc.. If anyone thinks that there is anything this guide is missing, you are welcome to point it out and I'll gladly add it. _________________________________________________________________ 1.) The Basics 1.1) Probe Production Perhaps the biggest problem I've noticed among lower leagued players is that they don’t make nearly enough workers. Generally speaking, you should never hold your probe production until you are around 80’ish probes. The key to a powerful army is a strong economy, which is powered by a lot of probes. Don’t worry about how making too many probes is going leave you without enough army, unless you’re going for some rush builds (k4g for example),there is never a time where lots of workers are gonna hurt you. You dont need to make worker non-stop past early game, but you need to remember to chrono boost out a pair of worker once in a while. 1.2) Chrono Boost Chrono boost is another important thing that most low league players miss. You should never save up chrono boost off 1 base unless you are getting an important tech soon. Toss production and research are fairly slow so chrono boost is essential to keep yourself ahead in a game. The importance level of things that needs to be chrono boosted are as follows (imo): Warpgate tech (prob most important tech, worth saving up chrono for)>Extended Thermal Lance/Psi-Storm>Other Upgrades>Robo/Stargate Units>Probes>Warpgates (Late game when you have spare). Of course you need to use early game chrono boosts wisely. Usually you should chrono out your 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th probes. After that if you do not require a super fast warpgate you can maybe spend another 1-2 chrono on workers, but save at least one for warpgate. In mid-late game once your on 2-3base, you can feel free to chrono anything you need out fast. It will help a lot to get some vital upgrades out. 1.3) Supply This is yet another common problem. Players tend to either make too many pylons thus wasting valuable resource early on or get supply blocked and have their production halted. Supply block at a bad time can easily cost you the game. It is quite hard to not get supply blocked at all during mid-late game. But I'd suggest that every time you goes through 1 production cycle of units (made some units from your production buildings) add 1 pylon for every base you have and maybe a extra one if you’re going supply costly unit like Colossi. Early game though, a good time to drop your pylon will be: 1st pylon at 9 supply, 2nd at 15-16, third at 22-24, 4th at around 30. This should allow you to stay ahead in supply early game without wasting much resource. 1.4) Production Buildings 1 Protoss base can support a maximum of 4 production buildings continuously making units. So you should not have more then 4 production building when you’re on 1 base. If you are going high tech units such as Colossi off of 1 base, you usually can only support continuous production off of 3 buildings (1 robo 2gates). More importantly, once you have expanded add more production buildings so that you can effectively turn your resources into army. You don’t need another 4 buildings up as soon as your expo is up but get them gradually as you saturate your expansion.Mycophobia319 Feb 21
May 14 Protoss Micro Tips Note: If you are plat or below, macro is still MUCH more important than micro. Focus on just having more units than your enemy, rather than controlling the few units you have. General Micro Tips: 1. Are your zealots in front of your stalkers? 2. Are your low-health units in the back of your army before you attack? 3. Are your immortals attacking armored units? 4. Are your colossus attacking clumped up units? If the entire enemy army is clumped, than focus on attacking light units (marines, hydras, zealots) 5. When defending your ramp, A. Are your units in a concave at the top of your ramp? B. Are you cutting his army into bite-size pieces? C. Are your zealots on hold so they arent attacked by the units beneath your forcefield? D. Are your stalks far back enough to not get hit by the units beneath the forcefield? 6. Are you moving units under fire to the back of your army? 7. You can somewhat kite-attack marines, roaches (assuming they dont have movement speed yet), and zealots with stalkers 8. You can forcefield the enemy ramp to prevent him from reinforcing the units that are at his natural expansion. 9. When chasing down an enemy, pull your zealots back to prevent kiting (from maruaders, roaches, hydras) 10. In order to bunker, cannon, or spine crawler bust move your army just outside the range of the static defense and put them on hold, then, attack move your colossus (with the range upgrade) into the static defense. 11. Put health bars on, so you can see which units are low health. 12. Psionic Storm does not stack, so do not throw down more than 1 storm in the same place. 13. Before an attack, put your units in a quick concave with zealots in front to help get a concave sooner when the attack begins. 14. Colossus can abuse high ground by attacking units on the low ground and then moving back once the units move in to attack the colossus. 15. stalkers can chase fleeing units. 16. Do you have functional control groups? (For example, I have 1 as my army, 2 as my sentries, 3 for HTs or collosus, 4 for nexuses, 5 for tech, 6 for observer) 17. Remember to move your HTs back once they have stormed to prevent them from running into the enemy army. 18. Make sure your sentries aren't tanking damage for stalkers. Your sentries are spellcasters, not dps dealers or tanks, so once your zealots are dead, MOVE THEM BACK. 19. With the interceptor upgrade, carriers can launch their interceptors and move away from the enemy. Rinse and repeat. 20. Spread out your dark templar to force the enemy to react to different locations. Also, the enemy will need multiple sources of detection in order to counter your harass. 21. Blink can be used to blink back the stalkers with lowest health to the back of the army. Also, Blink can be used to get a faster concave against the enemy. Additionally, You can ensure that all your stalkers will blink to high ground or low ground by right clicking to the point where you want to blink FROM, hold shift and click B at the place where you want your stalkers to blink TO, then right click past that point which will make the stalkers move thus giving the other stalkers room to blink (hold shift the whole time). 22. Moving your sentry forward with guardian shield popped can cover your zealots with guardian shield, which will help them last a lot longer against ranged units and especially marine armies. 24.Morph your HTs into archons if they are out of energy or just got EMPed. You can also do this with DTs, if they have mobile detection. 25. Before I engage I try to attack in multiple locations to distract my opponent and catch his main army off guard. 26. Bring a probe with your army and make pylons along the way as you move out. Protoss versus Zerg Micro Tips The goal of micro versus zerg is to allow the majority of your units to attack while only a few zerg units can attack. 1. Are you keeping your units in a ball to prevent speedling surround? This changes when facing infestors. Spread out your army to prevent money fungal growth chains. 2. Are you attacking through constricted pathways? (attacking in the open makes it harder to forcefield and you need more forcefields) This changes when infestors are out (then you want to attack in open pathways, while spreading your army). 3. Are you cutting his roach army and hydra army into bite size chunks with ffs to prevent most of them from attacking? 4. Have an observer ahead of your army so you know when and where you are going to have to ff. 5. Make sure your colossus are attacking lings or hydras. 6. Make sure your army is not attacking broodlings, but actual units.yaegz288 May 14
Jul 25, 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Bashiok0 Jul 25, 2010
1h Zerg timing push - roaches hi i am curious do you guys deal with the deadly 4:10 roach push ? also, assume for whatever reason, your scouting drone died, and you cant scout anymore (not until observer anyway). you arent sure if the enemy will do the roach stuff, you have a hunch, but how do you deal with it? 5-6 roaches at least, + 5-6 speedlings at least, hitting at 4:10-4:20 seen a few guys pull it off, and its quite deadly. its a simple timing build, "stolen" from the A.I.Reinhardt1 1h
3h New Streamer Hello I'm Zach and I have been playing StarCraft since the original release Looking for Protoss Viewers to aid me in my quest of strategy look me up on the SC2 Browser. Thanks all God Bless Twitch and ESL Go To my channel and subscribe and/or just hangout and watch my channel and chat freely in the chatroom. Thanks Thank youNaixz1 3h
1d So you want to learn the pro moves? Hi everyone, I'm going to teach you how to do the pro moves that Protoss have been doing in SC2. 1.) The mineral walk. Probes can walk through friendly and enemy units by telling them to mine a mineral. Use this to avoid damage, stack up and surround enemies. 2.) The shift blink. Holding shift then issuing a move command then clicking blick on a destination will allow stalkers to move to a location, then blink 1 by 1 to a targeted area. Use this to ensure all stalkers blink away and none are left behind due to clutter. 3.) The kill command. Telling units such as stalkers to target key units like a marauder, siege tank, queen, etc. then shift queue a blink back. The stalker(s) will kill the unit then automatically blink away and disengage from the fight, all while you are macroing at home. 4.) The phase adept. Send 10 or so adept shades toward the enemy, fan 2-3 out toward each base mid phase and then cancel 1 or 2 with the escape button to allow a handful to remain to engage a separate target. Use this to apply pressure to multiple bases simultaneously. 5.) The 1-2. When your workers are being harassed, select them all, shift move them away from your base toward the natural, for example, then shift queue them back to the minerals you got them from. Pro players know how far to send the probes based on the aggression that is coming whether its mine drops to banelings. This will allow you to resume mining while dealing with the invaders and without needing your probes to be idle or oversaturating a separate base. 6.) Hotdrop. While your warp prism is moving with units inside, you can select your drop command "D", and click on the prism. It would drop units while it is moving. While continuing its acceleration, you can re-pick these units up with the load command. If you load up a unit, the prism will lose its acceleration. So to stop this from happening, the pros will load followed by an instantaneous move command in the same direction it was accelerating. Repeat for as many units as you want to load. The end result is a continuous acceleration followed by dropping and picking up units endlessly. Use this to chase down retreating units. 7.) Pulsar tactics. Similar to the above, pros use the acceleration of the oracle to deal damage. That is why you see the oracles move back and forth while attacking a target. This will keep the oracle from being a still target which will get it killed or take longer to kill a target. To do this, activate pulsar while moving toward the target you want to kill. After you zap the target, immediately move backward(or sideways) one oracle length, then re-click on the target you want to kill. Repeat for all the targets you desire. The result is faster killing/target switching and oracles that will survive on the way out. Keeping units on a short patrol commands will maintain acceleration. You should do this when the unit is idle and accruing energy in deadspace of the map. 8.) Minesweeper. If you plan on using phoenix vs Terran, pros will shift command the graviton beam on the unburrowed widow mines as the front of their army. Use hold position on your ground units while controlling phoenix. Typically only a few widow mines will go down this way while others remain burrowed. To clear the mines, move command the phoenix over the Terran bio which will suicide the phoenix and disarm the mines while damaging the Terran army. Now you can send in your ground reinforcements to clean up. That's all for now. If you have questions feel free to ask, or check out my stream where I do many of these tactics at 1d
2d PvP after patch 4.0 I do not get this matchup any more... (Diamond 3 here at the moment) It seems so totally random. Either I get defeated by some early stalker push or stalker-immortal push, a voidray attack or after having three bases and then it seems unclear who is going to win and at the end, either I or my opponent loses but oftentimes it is just a surprise who actually ends up doing so. Shield batteries (especially in the situation of an early push) seem to just not do the job - or should I build more gateways, zealots and sentries? Or maybe voidrays? Stalkers and immortals also do not seem to do it (and I do micro). I am not even sure any more if I am considering the right things or asking the proper questions. Can anyone help?Jockel9 2d
2d PvP Blink Dt + Phoenix + Observer A theory I always had and finally executed: It was inspired by DT/corsair in PvZ in Brood War. I finally went full retard and gave it a shot in PvP. Goal is to use phoenix and observers to snipe enemy observer and use your dark temps to fight for map control and use phoenix to lift stragglers on the retreat. your opponent will be forced to use many production cycles on observers and static D around his expos. You want to get an early mothership behind this advantage if your opponent hasn't transitioned to stargate for oracle (revelation) and tempests to continue to abuse protoss opponent's lack of detection. In this game I sniped a total of nine observers and sniped his cannons during the first mothership push to put him totally in the dark. At the game's end when he made a desperate push the phoenix sniped his last three observers, the mothership cloaked the carriers and the dt's kept blinking to wipe up the retreating units. Resources lost was in 1:5 ratio negating my opponent's resource advantage of being roughly +16 probes entire game.Nydus0 2d
3d Newbie: Landing the first punch So here is what I want to do. I want to hit first with a devastating blow. If I win the game outright great. If not, I want to land such a shot that I cripple the guy. What do I have to do to make this happen.Rich1 3d
3d Brand new Toss player. Help (vs T) Specifically siege tank and how to deal with large swarms of marines. I feel like adepts might be the answer... but I've never used one before lol. Any advice is appreciated! ThanksLatty3 3d
5d Was Fenix Sabotaged? I know this is probably an ancient topic and almost irrelevant at this point, but something that has always bugged me, looking back at my childhood was how Fenix's psi blades malfunctioned right as he was ambushed prior to his reincarnation as a Dragoon. I tried to find an answer, but did not come to any results indicating foul play from rogue Protoss tribes or the like. Does anybody have any theories or input to this possibility?DarkVoid12 5d
Mar 11 Stats learns to drink his first beer! GSL training. Mar 11
Mar 11 sOs teaches us how to beat Zerg! Question: sOs, how do you beat zerg? Answer: Mar 11
Mar 8 Protoss Cant Defend ALL INS (WARNING) Its not possible ... Ling Runby, Ling Drop, Queen Drop ... You expect us to play like this every game? Protoss Needs Better Early Defence, That or Bring Mothership Core Back ... Protoss is the only race that needs to spend 600 Minerals on a wall.YouAreMe6 Mar 8
Mar 8 Mind Games (LOTV) Alright guys so I have noticed that getting into Diamond 2 and 1, it is when the mind games begin and probably where the real rts aspect of the game starts to shine - Since it is new to me (well actually I once had this aspect of the game mastered to a decent degree), I think it might be good for others and me alike, to collect some tips, advice, share experiences and so on. Yesterday I noticed this when a zerg went into really fast hydra-lurker in response to my stargate and the go-to composition of chargelot-archon-storm (the mind game aspect to me here is that I could have not build any or at least only one stargate unit and abused his tech route by adding lots of gateways and chronoing the charge upgrade) or when a zerg built a natural hatchery but did not saturate it and went all-in (now, I know it happens in lower leagues too but still) or when a terran walled-off his main, did not expand at first and when I had two bases, he went into bcs which I scouted! But lost nevertheless, despite going for archon-blinkstalkers and two void rays when he attacked (and an attempt of going up to 4 bases to have the resources for a full-on switch to airtoss)Jockel4 Mar 8
Mar 7 Why a 1-tile choke in pvp walls? The purpose of walling in pvp seems to be to stop adept shades by building/cancelling a shield battery. So why do pro players always make a 1-tile choke? A shield battery is 2x2, so you could make a 2-tile choke, and then archons wouldn't get stuck at your wall. I play zerg so I'm open to the fact that I'm missing something here. But for the life of me I can't understand why a 2-tile choke isn't just better if all you want to do is stop adepts.Pegasus3 Mar 7
Mar 7 How to counter carriers??? PvP Okay, i was in a PvP on metalopolis a while ago and i scouted the other player and saw he was going carriers so i went phoenix. When we fought he destroyed my army and that was game. i think part of the problem was my micro ability but im not sure (btw i am in bronze league) any pointers?Ljdawg17 Mar 7
Mar 7 Control Group - Advice wanted Hi there friends, I'm currently a Gold 1 player playing from New Zealand. I play Protoss as you may have guessed, and I just have several questions about the Control Groups. I currently use: '5' for my Nexus (still learning, as I used to use '1'). '4' for my Warp Gates and my Robotics Facilities, and use 'tab' to cycle through them. '1' for my Melee units (zealots, etc) '2' for my Ranged units (blink stalkers, adepts, etc) '3' for my heavy units (Archons, DT's, Immortals) I have only just changed this up, as I used to use: '1' for my Nexus '2' for special units like High Templar '3' for Warp Gates '4' for Robo Bay '5' for Stargates I'm a tad at a stand still because while I'm trying to wrap my head around these new hotkeys, I'm finding that I still don't quite understand how to group my units. Where should I put my High Templar now? Should I group Zealots into a group? What about Immortals/Archons? Air Units? It's a lot to take in - I'm just after any advice. I'm not so concerned with my Macro/Micro right now as I just want to get a solid foundation down for my hotkeys - then I can work on smaller things like timings, etc. Any advice will be great! I'd really appreciate it! Thanks everyone!Starving6 Mar 7
Mar 7 Nerfed Too Much Because Neeb won 2 of the WCS circuit they tried to make the race more fair, I don't think it's good what they have done and leaves Protoss with no early game. The shield generators don't move (and even if they did it would still present problems against Zerg) That's not even a match up any more as Zerg I always win. As Protoss I always lose. I'm passionate about this game but Protoss has been utterly destroyed now. They are weak because they have no fast early game units. Make "runners" something that can compete with lings at their speed. You have marines, so why not a new unit to give Protoss that same advantage. Adepts, cost too much and do too little damage to be compared with marines. Perhaps even making adepts cost 50 minerals like marines would be good and give them a speed upgrade from the gate??? The changes seem to have destroyed the dynamic of the game so much so that I no longer wish to play on random as I don't want to play as them any more. I used to ruin people with Protoss now I get smacked off the map like a fool. I love this game and I'm passionate about it. I want it to improve and I want the community to grow bigger but what Blizzard have done is taken a step forward making it free then two steps back ruining Protoss with overkill nerfing. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BLIZZARD ADDRESS THIS ISSUE SOON. Even Zombiegrub on said that there was a huge problem with protoss and that "it probably won't be addressed any time soon". CRAZY. One love, a Blizzard fan. Hypogojix <3ChaosTheory2 Mar 7
Mar 7 Immortal barrier Right now it triggers on damage even if said damage is 5 and then nothing at all until it goes on cooldown... Wouldn't it be like, 100% more effective if it triggered after you lose the base 100 shields that immortals have and the barrier would be a backup shield?David7 Mar 7
Mar 7 Returning to the game, have a few questions Hello, I am returning to the game after a few years of absence. I haven't played heavily since Wings of Liberty. I'm trying to get a handle on how Protoss players are playing nowadays. I've got a few questions for anyone who can spare the time. 1. The faster pace of the game is something I'm having a tough time adjusting to. Around what minute mark should I be taking my third base, assuming my opponent isn't doing a 2-base all in? Any tips for improving my macro would be welcome. I was Diamond in Wings of Liberty so I understand the basic tenets, but like I said the pace of the game is different than it was then and I'm having trouble adjusting. 2. How are Adepts typically used? Are they mostly a harassment unit or do they make up army compositions in the late game? 3. How can I use Shield Batteries effectively? Any other tips anyone wants to offer is welcome. Thanks!Skaggs3 Mar 7
Mar 7 Hiding ghosts under mass floating barracks I just played two terrans that floated 20 raxes over the middle of the No-man's (mech/skytoss vs mech/mech land to hide their ghosts from feedback. Reminded me of brood war. I don't have such a luxury when my terran ally did the same becasue emp is aoe and deosnt' require clicking the target. What was I supposed to do?Nydus4 Mar 7
Mar 7 Offensive Warp in Speed in LOTV Another thing I noticed since my return to LOTV is the insanely slow warp in times for an offensive 4gate. I literally had my opponent by the balls in a PvP and then my units took several hours to warp in to reinforce the attack. Obviously PvP is meant to be a 3base turtle fest.Nydus2 Mar 7
Mar 1 Question about your improvment rate. I did quite a fast improvement to d1 when i started playing the expansion, maybe 150-200 games after placing in plat 1 first. After that ive been stuck in d1 for some 700 games now playing in current and last league. Highest ive been is in the middle of d1 progress bar then dropping down to beginning of the bar or end of d2 and then up again.. So i'm just curious to see if this is normal, to hit a wall in d1. So to you master players, how long were you stuck in d1 before reaching master and did you do something special to help your improvement or did you just keep grinding games?Titan11 Mar 1
Feb 28 PvZ, How do I combat ovi drops Coming across a few zerg at the moment doing 14 pool into overlord ling drops in my main, by that time i only have a pocketful of units, mocore included. Not a great deal i can do about having 20 lings in my base at that point, does anyone have any tips? : /Cerberus8 Feb 28
Feb 28 How to counter Void Ray ball as Protoss? I've been getting back into LOTV after a hiatus, and I'm struggling to understand the counters to mass void rays (with some grounds units to support/tank) In one PvP game, I had an army of immortals, zealots, sentries, phoenixes and a bunch of stalkers, but despite proper focusing (immortals/zealots on enemy ground units, phoenix/stalkers focus-firing enemy void rays), I still lost by a small but significant margin In another game, I did a 4gate attack on the enemy Protoss expo but failed miserably. I was able to buy some time shortly afterwards with some oracle harass, but his army came to my base. I was pretty certain I was about to lose, but I prepared built a few void rays along with some stalkers and zealots. I checked, and his army (of stalkers, immortals and some zealots and sentries) had a +20 supply count over mine, but despite that, I was able to beat him with only losing a few units -- my void rays' focus-fire was just SO strong, and each enemy stalker died in about a second. I know my small sentry wall-off helped, but I'm certain I would have won regardless (albeit with more unit deaths) because my army was fairly healthy afterwards. A few minutes later I pushed with more void rays against a full stalker ball and won with just a few VR deaths So I'm wondering.. what exactly is the counter to void rays as protoss, besides more void rays? Stalkers are armored and die too fast to void ray focus. I suppose one could blink micro the void ray focus but there's still a small ground army to contend with. Phoenixes are super mobile and don't die as fast but their dps sucks. Sentries also mitigate lots of damage from these two units. Tempests and carriers are T3 units and take too long to produce (and anyway, void rays do bonus damage to them). I'm left clueless about how to deal with them in a way that doesn't involve insane micro (blink micro, upgraded phoenix kiting, etc). Does anyone else struggle against them as toss, and what are the general strategies against them?asdasdasd25 Feb 28
Feb 25 So I sent an immortal up a ramp today against a one base turtle terran with tanks only to learn... .... that hardened shield .... was removed in LOTVNydus3 Feb 25
Feb 25 4 vs 4 not fun anymore! Its the same thing every game. untalented players who mass air toss every game for the last 5 years. I play all the others as well, but 4 v 4 used to be my favorite. There are so many cool units with so much to offer but you don't ever see them, because its always a "mass AA game" and im not saying im losing em, but its gotten boring. Blizzard needs to nerf toss air bad.ThatOneGuy1 Feb 25
Feb 23 How do I beat this Terran garbage? looks like a cheese. Terran just go for proxy factory and even I seeing what is going on I cant defend myself. Made 2 batteries Made units non-stop Tried to make immortals but was already too late and terran came with liberators too. can I stop this garbage cheese? Here is the replay. Feb 23
Feb 22 How do I deal with a "greedy" zerg as toss? I've had handful of games of zergs who mass expand early on and counter scouting with an early lings, and places spores at naturals to counter a typical oracle build ,and I can't seem to out greed him before he spams upgrades and mass hydra, what do I in this situation? A replay just incase: Feb 22
Feb 22 Let us use the complaints Each Race Forum seems to be littered with complaints of how OP the other two races are compared to the one that they are playing. They all proceed to call for either a Buff of their preferred race or a Nerf of the remaining two. Now if all races have those that complain about the other two races and how strong their units are in comparison to their own, perhaps it would be enlightening for those that complain to 1) Stop playing their race for a while and learn the others, so that they may learn first had how other players deal with the strategies that they are losing to. 2) Search the other races forums for complains about your own race and how they were beaten. They may also see recommendations on how to shut down your own units thus you can take steps do counter that move. 3) do both In this giant game of chess meets rock paper scissors, you can always learn what moves will counter your opponent.PumperNickel0 Feb 22
Feb 21 Can we start a petition 1ListerFiend8 Feb 21
Feb 21 Protoss Early Game Advice Hi all, I'm a Gold Tier 1 Random player (right now with a 57% win percentage), and I'm having a lot of difficulty adapting as Protoss in this patch. Last Season they were my best Race, with a high 50% win percentage and my only problem match up was against Zerg. This Season I'm a woeful 35% win percentage with them, and I'm awful against both Protoss and Zerg and barely passable against Terran. My problem is the early game, and I simply no longer know how to open as Protoss. At my level this Season, I'm finding rushing is very much back in (and I'm okay with that), but I'm not really sure how to deal with this as Protoss; when the enemy comes knocking I always seem to have too few units and though I often survive the first wave, it begins a drawn out defeat. While I understand that one strategy does not fit all situations, I'm hoping someone can provide me with general advice on Protoss openings in this patch, including thoughts on unit compositions. Thanks!Juxtapose17 Feb 21
Feb 19 Why arn't dark Archons working? Why don't dark archons work in the last missions of lotv> I really don't get this. I can't mind control a zergling. Anything at all. It stopped working a while back in one of the missions on ultralisks. Now it won;t mind control any unit on the host mission. WTF. Like why would they do this. It's stupid What use is a dark archon if it cant mind control good units let alone anything at at all. Can someone explain why this might be happening. And why blizzard might be being a bunch of %**!#@*#@ bates.Phosfoid2 Feb 19
Feb 19 Blizzard is going to nerf stalkers? noooooo I can't believe blizzard is going to nerf stalkers!? Its all i ever use anymore. If they nerf stalkers all the builds i've learned arn't going to work. I'm going to drop 500 points of mmr to terran. and the whining terrans will get their way. I can't believe blizzard is catering AGAIN to terran ineptitude.CaptSchmidt6 Feb 19
Feb 16 Gathering Information Any Protoss Player can reply here if you know! When is the earliest time possible for these units/upgrades to be punched out off of a reasonably decent build or timing: - Dark Templars - Oracles - Void Rays - Blink - Charge - Storm Thanks! I'm just trying to reconfigure my builds as Terran to prepare to counter or at least be ready.Avion2 Feb 16
Feb 12 Do not pay attention to the protoss? Why does the energy consumption of the prophets have increased, and have not been explained by the patch now? The energy consumption of the prophet is 1.5 times that of the originalAzlone3 Feb 12
Feb 12 Do not pay attention to the protoss? Why does the energy consumption of the prophets have increased, and have not been explained by the patch now? The energy consumption of the prophet is 1.5 times that of the originalAzlone0 Feb 12
Feb 10 TvP (PvT) Assistance Battle: Silver Terran (me) vs Gold Protoss Notable game changers: Lack of scouting from Protoss Lack of follow up from Terran I am here to ask some help from the Protoss point of view. How could my opponent have done better? I went for an all-in push with 1 factory and 3 rax, and keeping the reaper because my opponent sent no probe/adept/stalker to check if I had a natural. If my opponent sent an early probe to maybe poke the scv making the barracks, I would've expanded and just harassed with the reaper. When I scouted with the SCV, i saw a wall-off so I knew he would expand (i mean I assumed for like a 90% chance he would). The thing is, I want to improve by studying how the opponent could've been better prepared. ---- From your high level point of views, how would you have reacted as Protoss? Thanks!KnightWing2 Feb 10
Feb 8 Requesting Wall-Off Advice Hello all, I've been recently playing Zerg and Protoss so I can have variety and learn match ups from all points of views. What is the most optimal wall off for the natural ramps? I've been able to leave a stalker, or zealot or adept to finish the wall. I currently use 2 gateways while the pylon is inside for the radius power-field. The cybercore, is behind as well, and sometimes I yse the cyber to finish the wall depending on the map. However, I don't know what the standard is for the wall. Furthermore, when should I finish the wall and in what order from a build order? Do i go nexus first into wall off? etc.KnightWing5 Feb 8
Feb 3 Tempest Development So beyond Disintegrate, what else would the Tempest do? Phase Inverter: Fires two shots simultaneously Disruption Field: Attacks deal splash damage Shadow Drive: Out of combat cloaking which increases movement speedDauntless1 Feb 3
Jan 31 2 Adepts vs 1 Zealot & Probes Hi, What should I do if I have 1 zealot and I get rushed with 2 adepts, and I screwed up my wall and they get in. I can't even A-click my probes on the adepts cause they can use shadow all the time. I couldn't even get their shields down. Stalker blink has a 10 second cool down, but shade has no cool down or almost no cooldown. Wtf is with that, how is that balanced at all? (Basically the adepts killed all my probes.) Maybe I'm playing too much like wol or hots. Also, I don't really care to make adepts, but if that's the solution then that's the solution lol.MegaMech9 Jan 31
Jan 31 Protoss Overpowered? Lol the title shouldnt be a question... i honestly have no idea how blizzard can look at protoss in PvT and PvZ and think ..."yeah this is balanced out just right :)" LOL no... too much aoe, mech is countered by 2 units.. void ray (or pheonix) and mass immortals.. bio is countered by storms colossus archon and they even have a great meat shield.. zealots which tbh shouldnt have as much dmg as they do.. 1 zealot can kill 4 marines without micro.. thats 100 minerals vs 200 lol just incase if toss units were'nt op enough but they get to teleport either with stalkers up into your main or natural OR snipe a huge bunch of buildings then teleport home across the map with the mothership core.. now with the mothership core early pressure is pretty much no exsistant now due to photon overcharge.. so now protoss is powereful early game mid game and late game :) i remember back in WoL zerg was best early game terran was best mid game and toss was best late game now toss own pretty much 24/7 of the game.. storms are ridiculous.. everyone tells me to storm dodge but im not exacly a professional SC2 player yet so thats nearly impossible. Incase that wasnt enough toss get the fastest unit in the game which is pheonix.. run in pick of 4 or 5 workers and leave because a turret kills one.. Oracles... LOL oracles are just a comedy skit that blizzard took to seriously and put in the game for GOD KNOWS WHY.. "nice 12 workers you have yeah their gone btw"... dps is waaaaay to high .. then theres dts which one hit workers and marines which are perminantly invisible .... wow and then theres observers.. a tiny and perminant invisible unit which because of its size is extremely hard to actually see but its okay because they can see everything you have.. Im pretty much done with this game if blizzard still thinks toss is absolutely fine then im quitting this game.. TvZ is absolutely fine its enjoyable exciting and even the crowds at tournements say that they enjoy them the most but when i get on ladder and im up vs a protoss, i pretty much accept the fact that iuve lost before the loading screen has completed.. EVEN PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS SAY TOSS IS TOO STRONG ATM but like i said if this doesnt change im uninstalling the game and not playing anymore. This one race ruins the game for me... Thanks for reading and for god sake sort out tossMarineMan73 Jan 31
Jan 30 Help with cyclone rushes I always lose to cyclone rushes they usually came around 4 minutes with 4 cyclones and marines plz helpPlatPatrol14 Jan 30
Jan 29 Archons So when we morph Archons, why can't we make a third form of Dark/High Archon? Surely the infusion of Light/Dark Khalai energy serves some further purpose... Is there any history of Archons using psi blades?Dauntless0 Jan 29
Jan 29 Post ur protoss 4x units combination here I usually go zealot (charge upgrade) + void rays + archon + few stalkers for gg 2nd nexus at 3min, 4x gas running.BoOYaz1 Jan 29
Jan 29 PvT Help Hey. I played a Terran earlier and I lost. I was wondering if anyone can gave me constructive criticism. I just got promoted to gold from silver today so I'm obviously not the best. Thanks in advance! Replay: Jan 29
Jan 28 Bane bust/ ling rush Any one got any replays of you holding bane busts and ling floods that I can look at? I can't seem to find a way to hold them. Thanks for the help :)MRBBHead3 Jan 28
Jan 27 How Scouts and Corsairs could be added Scouts and corsairs would provide an alternative to phoenixes or void rays, but they need to be balanced correctly. Scouts would need extra damage versus light and corsairs would need less or no damage versus light. Corsairs work well with oracles for harass, disrupting the static air defense and allowing the oracle to slip in. Scouts can deal decent damage versus light ground and armor air.XelThunder0 Jan 27
Jan 26 Returning Veteran: For Protoss! Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I played starcraft 2 competitively; the last time was in the very beginning of HotS. With the advent of the F2P model, I am sure there are many new faces to the scene and plenty of potential to rise up the ranks. My handle is Archon, ex brood war player returning to SC2. I have also been a part of a number of starcraft 2 gaming teams. I took off from the game to focus on college but I have since graduated recently and have saved up enough in the short term to jumpstart this stream. I see a lot of protoss asking questions like "hey is anyone else having trouble against cyclones, or how do I pvz, or how do I defend against early pressure." For these questions, I hope I can provide some answers. Protoss players are few in number whereas the terran and zerg swarm. It's important to have a good community within our race. I couldn't help but notice that the starcraft streamers have been in decline; many of my favorite protoss players (and other races) have stopped streaming: Puzzle, minigun, MC, etc. Since the starcraft series is my entire childhood, I don't want to see it in decline. My goal is to create a stream that will be profound to the community and I want to give back to you guys, old and new players who play and enjoy starcraft. I want to have both a serious gaming ladder/tournament play and to help you guys improve through commentary, replay analysis, replay packs, sharing my build orders/strategy (written down) through team game practice and more all for free. I have a dual monitor setup so I aim to be interactive with chat. I have more creative ideas for further down the line too. My stream: My SC2 rank: Masters/GM all servers To start things off, I am offering replay analysis to the first twenty followers of my stream whenever you would like so I hope you have some replays ready for me! If things go well, I will put up a schedule based on popular demand. I hope you guys come check me out if your favorite streamer is offline or you just want to enjoy some quality starcraft2! Although I am surely to be rusty after a long hiatus, I am sure my mechanics will return quickly. Thank you! TLDR: Protoss stream: Jan 26