Protoss Discussion

May 14 Myco's Guide to Lower Leagued toss players. I've been mentoring many lower league toss players and I've decided to write out a guide about common problems I noticed/things most people need to work on. Note: this is a guide intended for bronze/silver players mostly, so you may disagree with some points here and there, but I believe its easier for new players to understand the game first before looking into deeper strategies/micros/etc.. If anyone thinks that there is anything this guide is missing, you are welcome to point it out and I'll gladly add it. _________________________________________________________________ 1.) The Basics 1.1) Probe Production Perhaps the biggest problem I've noticed among lower leagued players is that they don’t make nearly enough workers. Generally speaking, you should never hold your probe production until you are around 80’ish probes. The key to a powerful army is a strong economy, which is powered by a lot of probes. Don’t worry about how making too many probes is going leave you without enough army, unless you’re going for some rush builds (k4g for example),there is never a time where lots of workers are gonna hurt you. You dont need to make worker non-stop past early game, but you need to remember to chrono boost out a pair of worker once in a while. 1.2) Chrono Boost Chrono boost is another important thing that most low league players miss. You should never save up chrono boost off 1 base unless you are getting an important tech soon. Toss production and research are fairly slow so chrono boost is essential to keep yourself ahead in a game. The importance level of things that needs to be chrono boosted are as follows (imo): Warpgate tech (prob most important tech, worth saving up chrono for)>Extended Thermal Lance/Psi-Storm>Other Upgrades>Robo/Stargate Units>Probes>Warpgates (Late game when you have spare). Of course you need to use early game chrono boosts wisely. Usually you should chrono out your 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th probes. After that if you do not require a super fast warpgate you can maybe spend another 1-2 chrono on workers, but save at least one for warpgate. In mid-late game once your on 2-3base, you can feel free to chrono anything you need out fast. It will help a lot to get some vital upgrades out. 1.3) Supply This is yet another common problem. Players tend to either make too many pylons thus wasting valuable resource early on or get supply blocked and have their production halted. Supply block at a bad time can easily cost you the game. It is quite hard to not get supply blocked at all during mid-late game. But I'd suggest that every time you goes through 1 production cycle of units (made some units from your production buildings) add 1 pylon for every base you have and maybe a extra one if you’re going supply costly unit like Colossi. Early game though, a good time to drop your pylon will be: 1st pylon at 9 supply, 2nd at 15-16, third at 22-24, 4th at around 30. This should allow you to stay ahead in supply early game without wasting much resource. 1.4) Production Buildings 1 Protoss base can support a maximum of 4 production buildings continuously making units. So you should not have more then 4 production building when you’re on 1 base. If you are going high tech units such as Colossi off of 1 base, you usually can only support continuous production off of 3 buildings (1 robo 2gates). More importantly, once you have expanded add more production buildings so that you can effectively turn your resources into army. You don’t need another 4 buildings up as soon as your expo is up but get them gradually as you saturate your expansion.Mycophobia317 May 14
May 14 Protoss Micro Tips Note: If you are plat or below, macro is still MUCH more important than micro. Focus on just having more units than your enemy, rather than controlling the few units you have. General Micro Tips: 1. Are your zealots in front of your stalkers? 2. Are your low-health units in the back of your army before you attack? 3. Are your immortals attacking armored units? 4. Are your colossus attacking clumped up units? If the entire enemy army is clumped, than focus on attacking light units (marines, hydras, zealots) 5. When defending your ramp, A. Are your units in a concave at the top of your ramp? B. Are you cutting his army into bite-size pieces? C. Are your zealots on hold so they arent attacked by the units beneath your forcefield? D. Are your stalks far back enough to not get hit by the units beneath the forcefield? 6. Are you moving units under fire to the back of your army? 7. You can somewhat kite-attack marines, roaches (assuming they dont have movement speed yet), and zealots with stalkers 8. You can forcefield the enemy ramp to prevent him from reinforcing the units that are at his natural expansion. 9. When chasing down an enemy, pull your zealots back to prevent kiting (from maruaders, roaches, hydras) 10. In order to bunker, cannon, or spine crawler bust move your army just outside the range of the static defense and put them on hold, then, attack move your colossus (with the range upgrade) into the static defense. 11. Put health bars on, so you can see which units are low health. 12. Psionic Storm does not stack, so do not throw down more than 1 storm in the same place. 13. Before an attack, put your units in a quick concave with zealots in front to help get a concave sooner when the attack begins. 14. Colossus can abuse high ground by attacking units on the low ground and then moving back once the units move in to attack the colossus. 15. stalkers can chase fleeing units. 16. Do you have functional control groups? (For example, I have 1 as my army, 2 as my sentries, 3 for HTs or collosus, 4 for nexuses, 5 for tech, 6 for observer) 17. Remember to move your HTs back once they have stormed to prevent them from running into the enemy army. 18. Make sure your sentries aren't tanking damage for stalkers. Your sentries are spellcasters, not dps dealers or tanks, so once your zealots are dead, MOVE THEM BACK. 19. With the interceptor upgrade, carriers can launch their interceptors and move away from the enemy. Rinse and repeat. 20. Spread out your dark templar to force the enemy to react to different locations. Also, the enemy will need multiple sources of detection in order to counter your harass. 21. Blink can be used to blink back the stalkers with lowest health to the back of the army. Also, Blink can be used to get a faster concave against the enemy. Additionally, You can ensure that all your stalkers will blink to high ground or low ground by right clicking to the point where you want to blink FROM, hold shift and click B at the place where you want your stalkers to blink TO, then right click past that point which will make the stalkers move thus giving the other stalkers room to blink (hold shift the whole time). 22. Moving your sentry forward with guardian shield popped can cover your zealots with guardian shield, which will help them last a lot longer against ranged units and especially marine armies. 24.Morph your HTs into archons if they are out of energy or just got EMPed. You can also do this with DTs, if they have mobile detection. 25. Before I engage I try to attack in multiple locations to distract my opponent and catch his main army off guard. 26. Bring a probe with your army and make pylons along the way as you move out. Protoss versus Zerg Micro Tips The goal of micro versus zerg is to allow the majority of your units to attack while only a few zerg units can attack. 1. Are you keeping your units in a ball to prevent speedling surround? This changes when facing infestors. Spread out your army to prevent money fungal growth chains. 2. Are you attacking through constricted pathways? (attacking in the open makes it harder to forcefield and you need more forcefields) This changes when infestors are out (then you want to attack in open pathways, while spreading your army). 3. Are you cutting his roach army and hydra army into bite size chunks with ffs to prevent most of them from attacking? 4. Have an observer ahead of your army so you know when and where you are going to have to ff. 5. Make sure your colossus are attacking lings or hydras. 6. Make sure your army is not attacking broodlings, but actual units.yaegz288 May 14
Jul 25, 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Bashiok0 Jul 25, 2010
1d No Adept and unable to photon pylon Hi all, I'm very new to SC2. I don't see Adept and mother core can't photon pylon. I ordered heart of swarm expansion. May I know something I'm missing please? Thanks in advanceLargo3 1d
1d Predictions for post patch The next patch is going to be huge for Protoss after playing multiple games I kinda saw the necessity of it. Without the mothership core the game is going to change heavily with some different outcomes. Starting from an early game perspective we will no longer be required to get the double assimilation since the only reason we did it was to get an adept, gateway, and the msc. I hated the idea of losing the msc but after thinking on it I think this outcome will be favorable for us. So let's move on. Terran vs Protoss will look different. With the buff to colossus I can see stalkers + Sentra being a stable defensive opener for us. With shield batteries we can hold a natural from early bio-pushes. This will allow us a transition into colossus to allow us to expand to our third. From there the game will follow into Templar tech once Terran gets out their Vikings. With the nerf to widow mines - holding against widow drops with be easier even without the msc. If the Terran wants to save the widowmine they'll need to keep their dropship around and the buff to stalkers will allow us to snipe them much more easily. Zerg vs Protoss I am having difficulty theory crafting. Since Zerg is a difficult matchup for us. Not much has changed for the Zerg early game so we still need to defend against the standard. But with the encouragement of building stalkers - banelings will not be busting open our doors as often. Hydra - ling - bane will be weaker because of this. Again I could see the colossus being useful here. But the hydra in its current iteration is so powerful a stalker/colossus build would be very difficult to execute. We also need to consider lurkers - so the stalker colossus build will need to be transitioned into something else. I don't foresee rushing Templar tech to be a viable choice because of how expensive and how much time investment will be required. Zealot + archon would be steam rolled by lurkers. This is a matchup I think we need to keep our eye on. Because no matter the composition ling/hydra which would warrant colossus or roach hydra which would warrant immortals. I don't foresee this matchup being a stable one for Protoss because lurkers will be much more common. We can pretty much forget sky toss against Zerg until the late game. And Templar is just not safe enough because detection will be required for the resurgence of the lurker. I personally think if blizzard wants to keep the hydra the way it is - them the roach will need to become a little bit softer because punching through a ling or roach - hydra - lurker composition is looking grim to me. PvP there is no point in theory crafting - it will be a fun matchup tho.Tránstoss8 1d
3d Why is there no way to pressure Zerg? Like at all - there is virtually no effective way to harass this race. They've gotten used to oracles - if you just keep a handful of zerglings at your mains good luck with any warp prism drops. How do you beat this race - everything seems pointless because their is NO feasible way to harass them. THey have queens and spores to deal with any form of air harass. And the only time you can ever snipe a mineral line is if you sacrifice WAY to many units.Tránstoss4 3d
3d upgrade on the Templar Archives 100% more energy regen upgrade for tossZELightNinG2 3d
3d Bring back the Psi-Blade Glow! Ever noticed the Psi-Blades have been less glowy since 2017 ? Please bring back the glowier psi-blades, it looked much cooler back then. :| I just noticed it from a recent reddit post Comparison : http://i.imgur.com/gjj06Vr.jpgDream1 3d
6d How would I play differently after the patch? Since I only played starcraft II since the start of legacy of the void, I have never lived without photon overcharge. I know every protoss will need to adjust, but what would the average protoss need to do differently to adapt?Giwl3 6d
6d Mothership Core Removed! :( The Mothership Core was my favorite protoss unit because it was so good at dealing with early game aggression. I think they should at least put the photon overcharge on the nexus or make the nexus attack or something else to defend early game aggression or even mothership cores with out any abilities except the slow and let you make infinite of them.Shooter18 6d
6d Mothership as an alternative to a Nexus Since the Nexus and the Mothership are going to be very similar with the changes blizz is talking about, how about making the Mothership able to receive minerals and gas from probes? It could have the ability to lose some of its powers and 'park' by a resource zone so that probes could return their cargo to it, essentially making it a mobile Nexus. Since only one Mothership is allowed it would still mean that players will have to adapt to the new Nexus changes, but 'unparking' and running (especially if observers detect the Anti-Air early) could be an alternative way to defend an expansion.Grindspice1 6d
Oct 15 How o you fight protoss air and campers? I keep losing to protoss air. some macro advantage still lose http://ggtracker.com/matches/7204730 in this game I have superior macro including spending skill http://ggtracker.com/matches/7204731 this is terran air: I has superior macro and game, but still only barely won http://ggtracker.com/matches/7204732 how can these player build so many T3 units on just one or 2 bases????? how do you fight these kind of strategies? I was working on my macro using staurcase, but got stuck and really frustrated by unable to respond with proper counters, so I am back to playing normaly. I know there are all sorts of silly mistakes, but how could I change my units or strategy with my current skill set to not get owned by protoss air all the time.TyphonVexCZ6 Oct 15
Oct 15 Current protoss build orders Where can I find current protoss build orders? many are outdatedTyphonVexCZ2 Oct 15
Oct 12 Question about Archons I'm currently platinum league as zerg, but I'm trying to switch towards protoss (currently gold 1). I noticed the archon is a nice unit, powerful and tanky, but, when should i use it? These days I did archon zealot on a PvZ and it worked fine, but would it work against stalker immortal? And against terran(bio)? I really don't know if archons are viable in those matchups so, any help is welcome.Syre9 Oct 12
Oct 10 What's the safest opening for protoss ? The most basic one ? I usually go with pylone then nexus at 1min then gates and cybercore, and I build a wall at the 2nd expac location. But maybe l shoudln't, how do you guys do it ?Feitan19 Oct 10
Oct 10 Protoss 1v1 Map Veto -- Morning Guys -- I am just starting to play a little SC2 again, used to play quite a bit of vanilla SC2, but just stopped when life got busy. I know the game has changed quite a bit, and TBH I still don't know what some of the units do, but, I am looking for Map Veto suggestions for 1v1. Any thoughts would be appreciated, just really looking to avoid the maps that will make me angry as a protoss player Cheers RaggyRaggy6 Oct 10
Oct 6 How many gateways / warpgates is too many i think its kinda funny when i see someone with like 10 warpgates i usually only do 4 but is there really a point to 10+ or are they just being desperatehairylemons23 Oct 6
Oct 6 My Protoss ladder experience Hello everyone, I am currently lower tier diamond 1 protoss on ladder. I am getting fairly frustrated because I feel like my performance in the 3 MUs is highly polarized. I don't know what to blame it on. Balance, design, my own poor play. It's probably mostly my own faults and competitive shortcomings. However, I like to think the MMR I'm at is a comfortable place to be competitive even if I don't invest many hours into practice. For reference, I'm a full time PhD student in Materials Engineering, but that doesn't mean I can watch or play a few good games of StarCraft. For the longest time, actually since 2010, this has been my main game (SC:R is great too as well as DKS3, but the new test map changes have me optimistically shifting away from BW for the moment). My PvT WR is 80ish%, I ABSOLUTELY STOMP most Terrans at my MMR. But....it feels right, balance-wise. I feel like every win, or loss is fair. I play straight up macro, defensive most of the time. I really enjoy playing against Terran, and frustrating base trades happen seldom. PvP is a bit different, I wasn't around for the meta shift (from ruptors to mass archon) so I'm adjusting, My WR is low, about 40%. But I feel like all the Protosses I'm facing are really, really good. Better than me. It's almost like they're winning a lot in PvP but get dragged down in MMR due to other MUs. So usually games are extremely close or I lose to a better player. PvZ is just ridiculous. I have lost so many games vs competent Zergs, while dominating bad ones. I don't understand, the MU is so volatile and does not feel straight up at all. What happened? Why is Blizzard so insistent on Hydra Bane without giving our race something strong that doesn't cost 1000000 gas and comes later? I really don't understand how people can believe that PvZ is an equal skill MU. I played Zerg for majority of SC2's lifetime, and when I queue up as Zerg, I just win (at least at my MMR vs Protoss). I remember one season in 2017 when I switched to Zerg for a little, my ZvP WR went through the roof. Protoss just feels so much harder to play (assuming the Zerg knows how to use banelings well). Can we please PLEASE get some answers to Zerg that doesn't rely on ability abuse, or cheesy tactics. Can we have defensive play or just, normal options??? I don't want to fight Zerg every game actually feeling like its the LotV cinematic, except oh yeah, my archon can't teleport an ultralisk into oblivion. Does anyone else feel similarly?Uniden17 Oct 6
Oct 5 How do you stop Zerg from expanding? I don't know it just seems to me like the Protoss offensive outside of late game is just too weak and risky to actually do - so you need to leave your base with your mothership core to recall if you get into a bad spot. Any early game harass outside of a complete all-in feels to weak.Tránstoss3 Oct 5
Oct 5 Immortal barrier Right now it triggers on damage even if said damage is 5 and then nothing at all until it goes on cooldown... Wouldn't it be like, 100% more effective if it triggered after you lose the base 100 shields that immortals have and the barrier would be a backup shield?David4 Oct 5
Sep 30 I dont know how I feel about the new update I've mostly been watching other people on PTR who are 10x better then me get into it. So this way I can actually see what these changes will look like in better hands. In some aspects I really like some of the changes. Stalkers - the encouragement to use Stalkers is nice and it kind of reminds me back when I used to play WoL with blink stalker openers. Colossus - The Colossus change I think is nice - I wouldn't really call it a buff or a nerf but it adds a little bit more incentive to build colossus who were mostly useless terran slowpush timing. High Templar/Adepts/Observer - Both of these are mostly quality of life improvements and I am a fan of all these changes. Oracle - I think this was needed. Not much to say on it. It needed a nerf. Carrier - I'm indifferent about it the interceptor nerf. Shield Battery - Nice - kind of a fun addition. I think these minor things will make the game much more enjoyable - especially for the zerg who were getting armies melted by oracles and their larva/egg times frozen. But I'll be honest - I hate every single other change in this patch that was done to protoss. The mothership core allowed for Protoss to have multiple avenues to open from and allowed for us to keep up with expansions with the other races. It kind of just feels like now we're going to be pigeonholed into going Stalkers every single game as opposed to other viable openings. From a platinum players perspective - it helped out with early game defense in a way that was friendly and intuitive. But my favorite part of it was it gave us a bridge to upgrade to the mothership in the later game. I'm going to miss both the mothership and the mothership core - because I don't see why anyone would want to build the mothership because the Nexus already fills the same role. The Chrono-boost reminds me of how it was in WoL - and honestly I hated it then. I hate it now - it just seems like an excuse to make the game harder for no reason. Protoss already has the most abilities used in a match as compared to the other races - and our macro is funky because of warp in so you need a power field to warp them into. I don't really get the change to be honest. But that's just my opinion - I'm not the best player and I'm sure ill keep playing the game. I just really don't understand some of these changes - it just seems like its an attempt to force a new meta as opposed to genuinely needed balancing. btw - shout out to my boy the disruptor who is never going to be used again.Tránstoss1 Sep 30
Sep 29 Maxed out protoss vs hard ai video https://youtu.be/7sANY44KpcU I'm an extremely casual player, but I can still max out with Protoss pretty fast. Here's an example of macro that even a casual player can do, and how it fares against a hard level ai.Chiron3 Sep 29
Sep 27 The New PvZ Style - Zealot/Archon/Oracle I was wondering whether or not I should reveal this build, considering how utterly effective it has been, but I can't help but share it with the community. How it came to be: Never had i been more frustrated with PvZ than a few days ago, the power that tech switching had was completely unbearable, costing me several games. I can imagine most Protoss can relate to this. So I went into theory crafting mode with one thought in mind, what can generally counter everything in the Zerg mid-game? I learned one important thing: Oracles kill hydras in large numbers extremely cost-efficiently I was actually quite shocked at this discovery, I never expected Oracles to do so absurdly well versus Hydras, and the best part is Hydras have attack priority so Oracles will always kill the Hydras in a Zerg army. After a few games that were one-sided slaughters, I decided to expose this idea to fellow brotosses. The Build: I reccomend starting the build with MC's FFE 9 Pylon 17 Forge 18 nexus 18 Photon Cannon 18 Pylon 18 Gateway It is a safe, yet eco heavy build that seems to be the most modern and most efficient way to FFE. Make sure to get a Zealot, Sentry, and Stalker as these will deny scouting and save you from unexpected all-ins When you place your double Stargate, place a Twilight Council too, because this will eventually lead to DT's for archons and additional damage in a detectionless fight. Start to pump out 6-8 Oracles, and send a hallucination to see the Zerg's tech and the location of Overlords. Avoid the Overlords if possible, and start to slaughter his main. Expand before you move out, you can easily defend it with tons of zealots you will have (Oracles are very gas heavy) The Zerg will have Hydras, and your Oracles will win efficiently while killing drones, queens and buildings. At home, start to pump out Tech such as +1 and Charge (You'll want charge really early). You will eventually start getting a healthy income off the third base, killing the aggression coming at you with ease, and this is when you will want some Sentries. Sentries will cut armies and allow the Zealots to grind at a Zerg's army. Don't forget to make Archons with DTs to create an extremely powerful composition. I didn't use exact numbers because an FFE is a very situational, diverse build that is very flexible to what the player desires. Tips: Save the Oracles! They are actually good in a heads up fight., and keep the Oracle count between 5-7 for optimal Hydralisk skewing! KEEP pumping probes with all the minerals you have, so you can saturate your third almost immediately. Also, make a healthy amount of Gateways Keep getting attack upgrades from your forge. Once you have a strong economy, make a Robo for observers. If he gets mutas, split your archons and immediately pump out Phoenixes from the two Stargates you have. Scout often for a spire, as this will help in holding. When he is harrassing your base, send zealots to harrass one of his bases. Make not having his mutas at home cost him, then move out and kill him. Win. Replay A flawless expample of the cost-efficiency and epicness this build can have. http://drop.sc/345710 If you have any questions or concerns, I can address and add them to this thread.Necro49 Sep 27
Sep 27 PvT: The Liberator/Marine/Tank All-in Hey, all! So, I've been struggling with facing this particular all-in versus our terran friends. I'd think that perhaps blink stalkers are our best bet, maybe mixed in with chargelots should we have the time, but again, it's hard to get that all out by the time this attack hits. Liberator/tank is absolutely devastating, and the support given by marines makes it equally as hard to reach them. Of course, please assume that this hasn't been scouted, and that the all-in will take place. The question is: how do we defend against it? Thanks for reading!LevarBurton1 Sep 27
Sep 25 Mule for Protoss How can 23 workers have the same income like 53 probes? Answer: Mule! o_O lol broken game! Makes it even sense to destroy terran's eco? Nope!Avalon3 Sep 25
Sep 24 Shield Upgrade vs. Ground Armour Upgrade I've been around Starcraft for many years, but I'm only really wanting to try laddering now. What I want to try doing is playing Random. I'm decent enough with the basics Terran, so I figured that I would start trying Protoss. One thing that I've always noticed in Starcraft casts that I watch is that Protoss players will often go for Ground Armour after or at the same time as Ground Weapons. Is there a major advantage to getting Ground Armour over Shields? Considering that shields are a unit's first line of defence, would enhanced shields not allow the unit to last longer before taking health damage? Units that rely on their shields, like Immortals or Sentries or Archons, certainly benefit more from Shield Upgrades. Any clarification would be extremely helpful.Bazoozle17 Sep 24
Sep 22 Bio army? If you make a big bio army-which from my experiences are bad in late game how do you get rid of the bio to make starport unit without being vulnerable, or how should you balance a bio/starport army?MoNinja4 Sep 22
Sep 22 Replacing shield battery Instead of testing any variant of shield batteries, how about all protoss units get a boost in attack speed whenever inside pylon power field? Shouldn't that help fix all of its defensive woes? Also to aid that, the nexus itself should have a power field around it that ranges up to the mineral line.GenghisSwan2 Sep 22
Sep 21 Mother Ship Core Removal Thoughts Just wondering how you guys feel about the proposed MC removal. I just have a bad feeling its going to turn every game I play into constant allin defenses. Plus early/mid game drops are going to be a nightmare to defend as well. What are yalls thoughts?Nordy9 Sep 21
Sep 21 Hotkeys? Core etc. What are your Hotkeys? Protoss: 1 - Nexus | Forge | Cybernatics Core 2 - High Templar 3 - MSC (later on Mothership) 4 - Warp Prism Q - Ground Army W - Warpgates | Robo | Stargates E - Adepts or Zealots S - Stalkers D - Air Units X - Observer Space - attack move T - patrol 5 - hold position A | R | F - special hotkeys for sentries, Ht's, MSC etc.Avalon3 Sep 21
Sep 18 Protoss help? So I'm mostly a Zerg player because the Zerg are my favorite race design and mechanic wise, but I was thinking about picking up Protoss but the part that stops me from being good at them is the vast number of abilities to activate(another reason I love the Zerg, they're abilities are mostly passive). So my question is how do you play Protoss with the multiple number of important abilities to activate?Shadow1 Sep 18
Sep 17 Drone Rush Using attack move against the enemy base with probes and taking the probes out of the fight once they have no shields a good ideaMoNinja2 Sep 17
Sep 17 All your topics are invalid > "pls halp me" > "can't win with cannon rush, desperation dts, oracle spam, deathball, airtoss carriers with mothership, 2base prism allins, speedlot spam, blinkstalker spam, voidray spam, expanding behind 100 cannons, hightemplar with archon zealot carriers, warpins in your main, warpins outside your expansions, mothership recalls, one minute nexus cannons, 2phoenix infinate kiting, immortal pushes" > Posting in protoss discussion 2017 If you want to be the ultimate cancer, go watch neeb play, or SoS. They will show you the way of the cancertoss. Seriously, this race was bull**** all the way from WoL to HotS and now to this latest **** of an expansion. Has, and will never be fun playing against this race.Starby3 Sep 17
Sep 16 Warp prism shield battery rush Maybe everybody knows about this but I was totally unprepared for it. This is a lower-league replay; I dunno if it would work in a higher league or against someone who knows how to handle it. Anyway, I thought it was cool and an innovative use of the shield battery: http://ggtracker.com/matches/7176442cowboy1 Sep 16
Sep 14 Is Protoss short for Proton? I was noticing the similarities between these words. However I am a huge noob at the lore of this game. For all I know Protoss stands for pwnage. Someone care to enlighten me on what exactly protoss stands for?RayoftheSun2 Sep 14
Sep 14 Hardly a Protoss on Ladder! Hardly a Protoss on ladder is left! Where are all the Protoss gone? I know why they quit! If you have a win rate of 32% vs Gold and you are Platin 1 - there must be something wrong about the game!Avalon0 Sep 14
Sep 14 new patch ive tried protoss in the test servers mostly matched with another protoss my conclusion after 6 games against protoss: new patch pvp is basically immortal rush or loseero0 Sep 14
Sep 14 In need to some tips to enjoy Toss Hello there, Returning player here who's never really played on the ladder before. I've only recently started to play ranked and was trying other races out to learn them a little. And I've come to the conclusion that protoss is not fun to me... I'm not enjoying playing them! I'm not saying I don't know what toss can do, I've been playing starcraft since the early days... Just not on a competitive level... I loved the campain and some toss coop commanders, but when it comes to multi I don't seem to find builds that I have fun testing like when playing the other 2 races... I guess its probably a matter of preference/playstyle... But if anyone can enlighten me, it would be much appreciated. Thx. P.S. Sorry for the potential bad english, its not my first language...Urdrak6 Sep 14
Sep 13 Killing their workers What's the best way to kill their peons. Do you have a separate method depending which race you are facing? What build order do you use to attack workers?Rich3 Sep 13
Sep 13 Whats your music choice when playing protoss? Well if you recognize my starcraft 2 name you should that from the anime bleach and you guys will know this track if you watch it. Anyways when it comes to battles our music is OK I guess but nothing gets you more pumped up to win a match or never give up even if your on the ropes when you have the this song http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=Cy1eRsIsgSw&p=n this is one song I play during my battles, but I play a variety of music to trance, to some crazy two steps from hell osts, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JtSm_keQ8Y 1:00 is the best part till the end of the video one more last one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bvIXM-ZIho&feature=related What do you guys play when trying to dominate agianst your enemies?FinalGetsuga21 Sep 13
Sep 13 shield recharge i agree that this is a cool change but i dont know if its a good thing while in combat being able to regen shields feel like it should be out of combat only for it to work reason being is this shuts down alot of early harrass lets say i make a banshee vs toss they just throw on shield regen and there probes dont die as easy this weakens terran harrass capabilitiesBensonSC8 Sep 13
Sep 12 La team Unité recrute la TEAM UniT recrute des joueurs fr' le discord -> https://discord.gg/ZTbPG2P ou m.p my ^_- >| Gl hf |< Good Luck & Have Fun <-----*(^_- )--> On as de tous niveau News a master ; on fait des soirer coach des journée tryhards et tous dans la bonne humeur ou seul sur canal muet spécialement. A bientot et surtout Good Games Team Unit --> discord -> https://discord.gg/ZTbPG2PFRraptor0 Sep 12
Sep 9 Newbie: Sustained aggression? In Starcraft Brood War, I used to maintain pressure. I wouldn't give my opponent a breather. I would keep my opponent off balance all the while I was building up forces. Then I would send in the final blow. I try to do the same in LOTV and it does not seem to work. My question to you all is that strategy no longer viable in LOTV? If you do make it work for you, how then do you maintain pressure?Rich3 Sep 9
Sep 9 Gateway vs. Warpgate Which one is better? I know that to reinforce a position, the warpgate is THE thing you need as Protoss. BUT there is a but: when battling and microing, I won't be making units. Are Warpgate THAT much of useful? :)Yellow56 Sep 9
Sep 9 Early Game without MSCore I have been playing the test matches, (apart from me being silver and facing all diamonds), I have lost all game by less than 10 minutes into the game. I know they may change all of this things before it has even coming out, but has anybody got any luck trying to defend early game with protoss? I got overwhelm by marines by minute 6 and can't do anything to it. Ling, kinda didn't die fast, but couldn't ever take the second base so, cripped from start to end. Idk, I feel like MSCore was, wel... CORE to protoss early game. Nexus ability to recharge shields doesn't really help that much except agaisnt early harrashment against probes where it does avoid some damage from reapers and adepts, but thats it. Even thought reapers are nerfed I took me a while to kill the reaper while when having MSC was like a well placed pylon + overcharge. It really feels weak, but again, I may be playing not correctly.Fakus2 Sep 9
Sep 9 Make an alternative to warpgates It would be nice if there was a reason to use gateways later on in the game. Once warp gate is researched, what is the point in ever changing back into gateways. Why does that button exist. Would be nice if they added an advantage to keeping gateways also, to add a little more variety and a little less work to keep warping in. Thoughts?AbdiAbdiAbdi1 Sep 9
Sep 6 COACH ME Any masters toss wanna help me and show me how they like to play lotv and i can show you.. I was masters in hots and wol (even once in lotv) but that was as terran I have replays please help!ProAsianToss1 Sep 6
Sep 5 Less and less Protoss, the higher your ranked Has anybody noticed this trend? That the higher your ranked the fewer Protoss are playing the game. has anybody noticed fewer and fewer protoss enter tournaments as well? Other than neeb, showtime, the landscape seems dominated by terran, zerg ...cannedbeans6 Sep 5
Sep 5 looking for help looking for nice strats or xp carry for vs ai just need to be taughtKnight2 Sep 5
Sep 4 ZERATUL vs Aa What if Zeratul andTUGANLI1 Sep 4