Protoss Discussion

Sep 4, 2010 Having Trouble in PvP against Rays? Use Storm Ok I am a bit familiar when I was lower league I hated Void Rays but trust me when you improve they aren't that bad and people who tell you they aren't bad and are in Plat or Diamond tell you this because they know there not that bad. Now if your in Bronze, Silver, Gold(didn't see them alot when i was there but did a little bit.) Look for these signs Walled in with Cannons!! Walled in with Tech Building!! Solution Stalkers think of it this way how do you counter Zealots with Warpgate units? Stalkers and Sentries. So you win there. If you suspect mass rays or even 1 or 2 rays get stalkers. Trust me they counter VR if the numbers are like 3 or 4 and they are not charged. Leave some stalkers near your nexus cause im sure thats why people hate them cause they snipe there nexus or cc or hatchery. So you held them off. Now your not getting attacked its been say 8-9 minutes you still havent been attacked you teched to say stargate or twilight or Robo you didnt scout. Just tell yourself there coming if its PvP. Build stalkers they will help you either way in PvP. What if he has a extra base than yours no matter. Still make stalkers go twilght and High Templars See 10 Voids at your base? OMG Storm them 2 or 3 times they will be clumped they always are. 2-3 storms and say 10 stalkers vs 10 VR Stalkers win everytime hands Down!!! oZii0 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Fair and Balanced: Just like FOX! Yes. This is another Marauder thread. I'm not sure that it's fair (or balanced) that once I see a tech-lab being built (marauders) I have to RUSH to my tier-2 Immortals or T-2 Charge upgrade to stand even the slightest chance. And if the opponent has Stim-Pack researched (which he would seeing how usually I see 2 barracks w/ tech-labs, so stim pack and concussive shells are researched simultaneously), then he can move/a-move/move my army into oblivion. The whiners have whined about it for a long time already, and I'd hate to join their ranks, but Marauder is just too strong for the cost! 100/25 is completely not prohibitive to make that unit en-mass early game. Or maybe I just don't micro my army very well... Any suggestions? Tips? Comments? (edit for errors)hysteresis6 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Archon's High Templar: [quote]50 Minerals 150 Gas Health: 40 Shields: 40 Damage: N/A Abilities: Psionic Storm, Feedback, Archon Meld Kill Score: 800 Dark Templar: [quote]125 Minerals 125 Gas Health: 40 Shields: 80 Damage: 45 Abilities: Permanent Cloak, Archon Meld Kill Score: 600 Archon: [quote] HT+HT= 100 Minerals, 300 Gas HT+DT= 175 Minerals, 275 Gas <--- BINGO! DT+DT= 250 Minerals, 250 Gas Health: 10 Shields: 350 Damage: 25 (+10 to biological) *Splash Attack* Abilities: N/A Kill Score: 1600 Anyone has any strategies on what or how to use these "powerful" archons? Replay maybe?mantecon1 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Ok about that Zealot nerf, how about this? Zealot Push Achievement Warp in 5 Zealots during the first 250 seconds of a single Melee game. is it still possitble? it would be unfair, cuz of this one Zergling Rush Morph 20 Zerglings During the first 225 seconds of a Single melee game. now regarding that 6 pool it could more deadly zealot will not make it in time i presume if zealot is being nerfedJIN5 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Hilarious Replay what can i say? i felt like hardcore cheesing :) u have to fast forward thru the boring part where i made him believe i couldnt do anything and let him go afk to see the victory. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/65474-1v1-protoss-scrap-stationCaleb4 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 6pool after Zealot nerf. Anyone think this might cause some problems especially in 2v2 with double 6pool. It might be the new Zealot Proxy.BeardedClam17 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 New Void Rushing Strategy Against Zerg!!!!! If you are a newer, less experienced player then this strategy can work very well against zerg. What you do is you go the standard void rush build, but instead of the second void you build a phoenix. When you have about 1 phoenix and 3 voids you rush the enemy base. you use the phoenix to levitate the queens so the voids kill it, then you attack visible overlords with the phoenix and/or use it to scout around and see if AA is coming. <br/>Note: if you wish to supply block your opponent while doing this you should try not to kill the drones but instead focus on the buildings of the zerg.CHOCOLATEBAD0 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Manners please.... Some manners... OK. I only play 3 on 3. I don`t mind losing games and I always type GG when I win. I can`t always expect to win every game. But last night, what I heard from one of my teammate really pissed me off. It was Monsoon and I was Toss with 2 Zergs. We were at south and I was at 4 o`clock. When game was loading, I saw portrait of Executor (250 wins as protoss) from one of my teammate so I figure, wow, that guy must be pretty good. I had a bit of confident of winning because of his pic. Opponent was slightly favored and one race each. Anyways, early in the game, after 9 pylon, I scout as uaual, I saw 6 pool, early gas for terran and 2 gateway for toss. I knew lings were comming, and reapers. So I got my gate up at 12, gas at 14. 1 zealot came out then there it is, 6 zerglings. I`m pretty good at stopping early zergling rush with 1 zealot and probes. While i`m fighting, lings were comming none stop. It was just kept getting better and better because now, reaper came. 1 reaper. He was good at control because if my 2 zealots are fighing zergling, he attack zealot. If I chase him, runs away. If I pull back, attack my pylon. Anyways, u get the idea. I did make core because of gas, so I was making stalkers instead of zealot. Yeah, it couldve been my mistake. I manage to pull 2 stalkers out but they both died right away by lings. Basically I was pinned down by reaper and zergling and slowly, losing my probe and troops. Zealots joined the rush and finished me off completely. I had to sit and watch me die painfully. Guy with Executor portrait did send some help with zerglings because he was right beside me but it wasn`t enough. And I don`t even remember if other zerg did came to help or not. I wasn`t paying much attention of my team becasue I was busy controlling but after I was wiped out, I saw my teammate`s base and they both had new expo. Ok, Sometimes in team play, if enemy is focusing on killing one guy, either you help, counter or expand fast like they did and build large army. So I understood If they decided not to help me out much and go for large army. I`m not gonna %!@@* about getting little help and end up just watching the whole game. Usually, If I die and no probe, I don`t even bother staying the game weather they pull the win or not. Anyways, I was completely destroyed and nothing left, I was about to type GG and leave. Here is what they problem was.... Guy with Executor portrait said, "God you suck... U got @@*#d by 1 reaper(1 reaper actaully end up killing both zealot I had earlier)." I got mad becaue no help, no counter and acusing me of being suck. Basically they just watch me die while they both expand, He also complained about waisting minerals on zerglings that he sent to help me out, accusing me of being platium was fluke and leave the F out of game. I reply back and said I`ll stay and C how you do better" He had hydras. Other zerg was kept building speedlings. Eventually, He died shortly after by MMs, zerglings and stalkers. Toss also had pylon on his base so kept wrap gate. He couldn`t do much with 12~15 hydras. He didn`t stop harrasing me and start blaming me for losing this game saying newbie who got killed by 1 reaper, and all the @¢$% yous.. He also said check "my record %!@@*!!" so I did, he had over 400 wins over all. Ok. Admit that he plays a lot and he may be way better than me but pissed off because of losing game and blaming me for causing this loss? Wow... really, So I guess somehow, I WAS suppost to stop all 3 of them by myself with few help with his zerglings while they expand and grow huge army and pull off amazing comeback win. Is there any way I could`ve stopped it? something I could`ve done differently so I don`t get blame for this? I`ll admit that I may didn`t control properly or I messed up my build order.... so I died earlier. I don`t normally die that fast and I may have survived if zealot didn`t came but seriouly, shut your mouth and type GG either you win or lose. Stop %!@@*ing someone for losing game. Team play, You win as a team or lose as a team. Sorry about this long thread.....HSKSplusONE12 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Request: dark templar silhouette option I'd really appreciate it if some kind of option was added that would eliminate the double dark templar silhouette and locked it into just one. It's very confusing and I wept the day the poll declared that one unit would be getting 2 silhouettes.GrooveChamp6 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Bronze PvT want to know what i did wrong This is a very long replay so u might want to watch on x4 or x8. I just finished this PvT and it got me really mad. I want to know what it was that i did wrong that in the end cost me the game. Thanks in advance :)Shale5 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Help! I'm a new player. I am in silver and I need help with macro. I'm ok with micro, but if I don't win in the first 10 mins. I lose. Can anyone help me with that?NorthWind6 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Any good protoss wallpaper? Can't seem to find any...nVusZah2 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 1v1 tips please help ive been playing sc2 and i played sc1 and scbw im not new to the sc world but for some reason i keep getting slaughtered in 1v1 games is there a strat that you guys can recommend to get my wins up???DarkSaint6 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Upgrade Gas Cost disparity between races. It's a minor thing, and doesn't have TOO much impact on the game, but I just find the gas costs between Terran and other races to be a bit.. off. Like for example. Zealot Charge is 200/200, Psionic Storm is 200/200, Extended Thermal Lanes is 200/200. Almost everything else is 150. Like Stalker Blink, Void Ray Speed, or Carrier interceptor speed. Building gas costs are also high. Especially the Dark Shrine. Zerg have it a little better. They at least have a few 100/100 upgrades like burrow, zergling speed, roach speed and overlord speed. But Ventral Sacs and Adrenal Glands are 200/200 and most other upgrades are 150/150 like Baneling speed, Hydralisk range, Roach tunnel, Ultralisk armour. They also have a lot of costly buildings and the gas sink of the Lair and Hive which you must pay for the privilege of spending more gas. Spire is 200, Ultralisk Cavern is 200, Greater Spire is 350 all together. Then Terrans seem oddly cheap. Which doesn't really make sense because their units aren't more costly. Like Marauders are only 25 gas. Marauder concussive shells is only 50(!) gas. Reaper nitro packs are only 50(!) gas. Stimpacks are 100. Combat shields 100. Siege mode is 100. Now I understand add-ons being cheap because you have to build more than one but I'm not sure how to justify the upgrade costs. Especially the multiple 50/50 upgrades. The only 200/200 Terran upgrade is Banshee cloak. I'm just not sure where it evens out. Hellions are even gas free. Ianarian3 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 I can not deal with air. Hey everyone, Just a new player trying to improve and the past couple of days I have done just that and I was on a winning streak with very little losses. When my opponent stays on the ground I just simply expand more and end up out macro'n him. However when they go for a air push I still can not get the hang of taking care of that, specifically Void Rays. Edit: had the wrong replay http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/71754-1v1-protoss-metalopolis that was my last game and I just do not see what I am suppose to do against those void rays. any help would be great since I am still trying to get the jist of this. Fluffy2 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Medivac breaks midgame. im going t that is all. Oxygen28 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 PvT Izz (Korean Protoss) v MioWeRRa What do you guys think about this build overall against MMMG? I'm thinking He prob. shouldnt have had so many stalkers overall to compete with so many marauders. its a 3 part series, the latest from HDStarcraft on YT. HDStarcraft Commentary Link: /watch?v=3IYOjE6ZTXw Replay Download Link: http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/replays/36126DiRiN12 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 stalker bonus vs light? Anyone else think the Stalker should do bonus damage vs. light instead of armored? The Stalker is supposed to be a harassment unit yet it takes 5 hits for it to kill an SCV. Every other harassment unit in the game kills workers in 2-3 hits. I feel the Stalker should do 13+3L damage. It would hardly be any worse vs Vikings but it would be so much better against workers and marines. As for anti-armored well we have the Immortal and the Stalker already doesnt compete with the Immortal anyway so the Stalker being anti-light just seems to make more sense.Khobai12 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 MMM on maps like scrap yard How the hell do you stop it, you just can't make voids soon enough.Addohm5 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 way to q warp in gate units? so you get the upgrade to your gates and they can beam in your units. Pretty cool but kinda annoying to have to check back every few seconds to make new units warp in. Seems easier to macro up an army(assuming you have the resources) without the gate upgrade by just q ing bunches up and setting a rally point. So can you make the warp gates beam in units automaticly to a designated spot each time the cooldown is over? What other pro hotkey macro skills are they hiding from me (ive never seen a good list)?buffalozap15 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Late game transition Normally, I can end a game with a crippling early game attack, followed up by a massed Zeal/stalker/immortal push in the midgame. Lately, however, I've been finding games against my friends getting into the late game, where they tend to dominate me with with giant balls of MMMT+viking, MM thors+viking, battlecruisers, or massive hydras+some corruptor/broodlord support. Terran MMM can replenish faster than my units (though they start to tend toward more marines, thanks to reactors). Zerg can outproduce me with extra hatcheries. So by the late game, their army size is usually a fair bit larger than mine. Typically I tech(naturally) into colossi with maybe HT or a little bit of phoenix/VR support, but in the late game I am just getting steamrolled. the air support crushes my colossi, and if i divert my stalkers to deal with it, my zealots get massacred. If I don't, I'll usually take out most of the ground forces, but once my colossi fall, so does the rest of my army. storm works wonders, but if the enemy pulls back, my zealots get hit by the storm instead. If I go air, corruptors go through them like tissue and vikings will just focus fire down my colossi before they die. Is there any advice on how to solve this problem?Hyren0 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Anti-rush problems Yo, Bronze Leaguer here. I have been fighting the never-ending struggle to improve my skills, but my biggest weakness is my starting game. I can never seem to figure out the best defense against early rushes. I would appreciate suggestions on things like build order, use of cannons, anything like that. Thanks in advance.Hileksel10 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 I love high templars. I started using high templars in my games. Vs terran just got so much easier. <3 Psi storm and feedback. He was trying to harass with cloaked banshees, so I'd waddle over an observer and feedback them to blow up. One shot medivacs when fights break out, kill ravens with full energy at starts with feedback, and psi storm just rolls over bioball. Life just got easier. Screw you, colossus. You overpriced anti air target.Neiko5 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Unique Nydus worm counter Anyone ever try surrounding a nydus worm with pylons so the units cannot get out? Obviously this isnt as good as killing it but lets say its in your base and all you have closest to it is a probe. May help buy time?Contain4 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 TvP - Ghosts Ghosts are insane against protoss. If a terran player mixes some in with his army and he can micro his ghosts reasonably, its GG for any protoss player. Its all due to the fact that their EMP is so heavily aimed at any protoss unit. No other race has both their energy and essentially their health cut in half by a single unit that can use its ability to hit multiple units. I think they should have this secondary function of their ability taken out as it just affects PROTOSS. I can't think of anything thats the equivalent of it against terran for the protoss. And if you say they are the counter for immortals, get some marines with stimpacks and say that to me again. Any tier three unit save maybe carriers, are dominated by the EMP. DTs lose their stealth, HTs cant storm, Colossus just have their shields drained which is enough for a few marauders to clean up, etc etc. They are the counter-any-protoss-ground-unit and it needs a balance. Countering with air is not viable as keep in mind, they do support with MMM which can stim pack any air down no problem. Odysseus44 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Who do you think should win this fight? Terran army: 1450 minerals, 425 gas 13 marines, 5 marauders, 2 ghosts Combat shield Concussion shell Stimpack Protoss army: 1425 minerals, 650 gas 8 zealots, 3 stalkers, 4 sentries Zealot Charge The battle takes place in an open field, and the terran player doesn't control his army until several marines are already dead. Even after taking control, his micro consists largely of 1 stimpack and 1 EMP. Additional information: Zero armor and attack upgrades for both sides. Spoiler: Terran loses 8 marines and a marauder Protoss loses entire army.Invictus21 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Dang - My first diamond game... It was CRAZY. I watch a ton of replays, but I always thought that they were unnecessarily drawn out... I never had any idea how long two people could beat each other to death before one of them gives up at the high levels. Suggestions? I want to stay in Diamond instead of getting bumped down to plat so I'm open to any tips: http://screplays.com/replays/funnylookinhat/7716FLH4 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Hotkey question Is there a way you can put like multiple nexuses on one hotkey like 3? I tried pressing control click on both nexuses and ctrl+ 3 but it didnt work, as i only got one in result.Hopittyhop7 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 PvT Question - Expo Early for Gas? So, I am really trying to figure this out. I need lots of gas to tech vs. T, but I can't get my expansion because they roflstomp me if they see I early expo. I tried making up the slack with extra zealots, or stalkers, etc, but any competent terran just hits the remove shields and FF button, followed by the double damage button, while the auto kite shells are raining down. You just can't hold against an early timing attack without a tight choke to FF. What should I do? You can literally drop 2000 gas easy just teching vs terran to stand against MMMG.Ellyll2 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 what could I of done better against VRmass.?. I'm bronze and I suck and this map isn't exactly the best i've ever done.. however I think this is the perfect replay for me to ask for help on. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/71037-1v1-protoss-steppes-of-war The guy basically didn't make anything but cannons and VRs, while after watching Day9s "protoss macro" video(which imo that guy has helped improve my game immensely) I've been fiddling with fast expand and mass z/st/s etc etc and i've won a bunch of games(3v3 not 1v1 I know lol) because of it. After watching the replay I noticed a few things I did wrong.. the overall jist is that he out macroed me bad.. i mean we both ended up having 3 bases, he just got there a lot faster then me. I also know I should of been better at harassment ..one major question is what is a good strategy for blasting past all those cannons? also I know that I was pretty slow on "fast expanding" and I brought out the robo way to late which means I had observers too late. I knew about half way in that he was going to go VR when I saw all those cannons.. but honestly in my head I did not have a clear cut strategy to say.. ok he is going VR.. this is what im gonna do. you can see I did a back door DT attack on his econ(by that time it was too late anyways), and I tried phoenixes and a few other things. I know it was my own lack of skill in knowledge in letting him amass such an armada that lost me the game. anyways I'd appreciate any comments and criticisms and most of all advice on how I could of handled this 1v1 better and actually won it. I'm not a big fan of 1v1 even going back to SC1 days where I almost always played with friends and honestly I love doing that now, but they say 1v1 is where you learn to be better so i'm trying.Ferox16 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 PvT Replay - Help / Crit Me Plz I win this game against the MMM + Mech with some nice Psi Storms. Hoping I can get some Tips / Advice for improving... The Terran probably could have crushed me a few times, but kept backing off / playing timid. I make some micro errors for sure. The first week of release I was Plat, but got my ass beaten down too silver... I'm working my way back up though! I'm on the right track I think. Hoping someone watching my play can give me some ideas on what I'm still missing. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/71610-1v1-terran-protoss-xelnaga-caverns Thanks!DorkPunk2 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 omg stupid terrans lifting buildings Wtf omg im in a game for an hour when I base traded vs a terran and he lifted his command center and barracks when i destroyed his whole baes. I have 6 stalkers and some zealots but tehey cant reach the terrans. I have no nexuses and 2 probes. I dont wanna lose 20 points in this super important league game! This is so stupid im still in ga- NO. This has never happened to me because im not stupid. Stop making crappy posts about this @#!@!Lyserg6 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Psi Storm It didn't stack in BW. Does it stack in SC2? Honest question. Phalanx3 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 really tired of terrans having flight Game after game i see it every time, i win some lose some cause of it. The maps are the real issue though, why are there maps having complete empty space so even stalkers cant shoot them hovering over the void. Don't tell me to tech to air because its not always a viable option due to base trading positions and maps that have empty spaces usually are rather large and your units can not get back to your base in time to stop the killing. Either eliminate the empty void space so terrans cant hover over nothing, or put some **** energy on the buildings for the reason of hovering. usually this issue occurs within ten minutes and you can't viably tech to air / shouldn't have to just for the fact all their buildings float. thats asking to spend atleast 400 to 500 minerals/gas every match against terran within 10 minutes just to secure the fact that they fly.BiggieJohn19 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Void Rush - critique me please. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/71614-1v1-protoss-scrap-station I finally got 25 wins with this Void Rush (I don't play as often as most people so don't give me too much hate for taking this long), so now I can have my beloved Stalker portrait. But when I completed the Void Rush I felt as though I could have done better. I'm just in Gold but I was hoping for some criticism. How can I improve this build?TorqueSmacky6 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 I just lost to Justin Bieber. Title says it all. His name was JustinBieber, he beat me and words cannot describe how sad I am right now :(Proski16 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Need some advice from the community hey guys i have been playing Toss for a while now and i really enjoy it, i do want your guy's advice on how to better my micro/macro skills, i am starting to get it down but i am not sure of it yet, can you guys watch this and let me know what i can do to improve myself? http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/71611-1v1-protoss-zerg-xelnaga-cavernsDocHoliday0 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Scouting suggestions So right now I'm in bronze league and while I'm not an excellent player, I've been steadily improving. One thing I've observed about my gameplay after watching some of my replays from both wins and losses is that I think I could do better with my scouting in order to better prepare for and counter my enemy's attacks/defenses. In every match, I always use one of my probes early on to try and get a feel for what my opponent is doing with their first few minutes. This has helped me greatly in repelling rushes of varying kinds. From there, however, I feel my scouting skills are rather lacking. I've noticed that I often take a little too long constructing and placing observers and doing attacks that aren't really to do damage but just see what my opponent is up to. Can you offer any tips for how you balance/manage your scouting with everything else? I'd appreciate it because I feel this is one of my weak points.Darkstriker3 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Bronze player looking to get better I am going to post two games. I won both of these games. I think there is still more that I could do. I would like to start working my way out of the Bronze league and I think analyzing both win and loses will help with that. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/71041-1v1-protoss-zerg-steppes-of-war http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/71045-1v1-protoss-lost-temple I feel my stronger game was the protoss lost temple game, but a few things could have been done differently. Blacklance9 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Protoss vs Bio Ball (with Replay!) Hello everyone! In the optic of getting better, I would like to have strategies against a Bio Ball. I have just done a match that I was in good shape, although I was always on the defensive. I am aware that I didn't expend early enough, and I would like to know any other mistake I did. I have uploaded a replay of the match, if you want to look at it. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/71530-1v1-terran-protoss-xelnaga-caverns Thanks for all your precious answers, Sarcasm Edit: Of course I forgot to put the vid -.- :DSarcasm8 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 New to 2v2, doing terrible So I'm a bronze player all around (1v1 and 2v2). I'm in the top 3 of my 1v1 ladder as of now (which isn't saying much!). A buddy of mine got SC2 and we started trying out 2v2. We do horrible. Absolutely horrible. We both play Protoss and can only seem to win if we manage to attack early on. Once past the 10 minute mark, we're doomed. I need suggestions, I try playing it as if I'm in a 1v1 match, but that never really works. Is there a thread somewhere that has tips for 2v2 or can you, most supreme fellow Toss, provide me some tips? Sometimes it seems like one player just gathers and sends all their resources to the other. Is this common in 2v2 or just in bronze? We're also running into more players (usually other Protoss) who turtle and just mass photons and then mass VRs. It's probably from my lack of skill/experience, but what do you do when you go attack an enemy and you run into 15 photon canons at their entrance? I don't usually run into this in 1v1 (even in bronze), maybe because attacks are focused on just one enemy.Tofor5 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 why? why is it i see more cheeses when i face silvers than when i face bronzes?Thrawn7 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Nydus worm What's everyone's strategy to defeat a proxy nydus worm? I just got owned today by a nydus network even though I set up pylons at the perimeter of my base. Does the nydus worm sound go off when it starts building or when it is already built? My troops were already guarding my expo at the time and it was too late to turn back so I went straight for his base. We both wiped out each other's bases and he just BARELY won as he was left with 2 hydras at the end of the game (and I had 2 probes left). I could have done a better job microing here but what is a good way to prevent nydus? I scout his base quite as I had 2 observers in his base but those things build just so quickly. Setting up cannons around my perimeter is not ideal to do every time I face a zerg player.Thumper23 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Fake cannon rushing Has anyone tried this? Sending a probe to the opponents base, building a pylon just barely out of, or even in sight, and then kiting the probe around. Most people will assume you're cannon rushing and pull probes/SCVs/drones off the line to try to stop you. I imagine the damage you do their economy/gameplay is enough to offset the 100 minerals. It should also throw them off their game plan, maybe force a few extra marines, while you have a little bit more time to tech up. I think I'm going to try this later, but before I do, I wanted to get some community feedback.xaxidk18 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Best Protoss strategy against Void Rays? Let aside there two arguments: - Don't let your opponent build VRs - Build your own Vrs I tried stalkers, photon cannons, high templars, Phoenix and carriers with disappointing results. What is the best strategy for a Protoss player against VRs? Is this hopeless? Thanks.Hagen14 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 Immortal help! Can someone explain the shield to me? Obviously its really powerful. I just don't understand the mechanics of it fully and how it works in conjunction with guardian shield and shield upgrades. Thanks oodlesShade7 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 The Quick Reaper Counter I have been paired up over the past 4 - 6 games v. Diamond Terran players, and it seems that I see a reaper well before my cybercore is up going 3G build. I am pretty comfortable scouting it out to know its coming, but is there any other easy way to counter this other than micro-ing with zealots until I can get a counter stalker. Any other ideas?Relkin11 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 What if you were the "new" Terran? I'm probably going to regret starting this thread, because I'm going to attempt to actually start an intelligent discussion, and those don't tend to integrate well on Blizzard forums, but good judgment has never been a forte of mine so @%## it. =P I just posted in one of the many "Terran OP" threads that roam across the forums asking how players from other races would act if their race was considered overpowered instead of Terran. For easiness' sake I'll just copy and paste that post here: ... I'm not "complaining about QQ" or anything like that. I'm not a Terran player and even if I were I could care less about any of the complaints. I'm just genuinely curious is all (and bored :D). So, if Protoss was suddenly considered by the community to be "OP", how would you react?Kurugi43 Sep 4, 2010
Sep 4, 2010 What generally happens in PvP? This is just out of curiosity. In ZvZ it's basically back and forth with lings/roaches until someone techs to mutas. I also asked about TvT in the terran forums. So what happens in PvP? A lot of stargate teching, 4 gate...?Nargannon54 Sep 4, 2010