Protoss Discussion

Jul 1, 2016 LF Protoss Master Coach Currently looking for a Master Protoss player for a upcoming project the project will consists of 3 brand new players to Starcraft that have not played the game before and will be training with our coaches to play in the weekly SCVrush tournaments and progress through ladder If anyone is interested and would like to talk to me about Coaching the Protoss part of this series please add me on battle netNemonix3 Jul 1, 2016
Jun 27, 2016 Is Feedbacking medivacs a good idea? Hi guys I was wondering if you just made a Templar archive and were researching storm but you made like 5 ht's to start pooling energy would it damage him and possible move him back if you used feedback on his medivac's? Sorry for bad grammerSoap5 Jun 27, 2016
Jun 26, 2016 A safe opener/walling off in Ulrena PvZ? Have Reddit Crosspost So, I have a Gold Protoss friend, I'm Gold Zerg. I think we can all agree that early Zerg rushes in Ulrena can be pretty hard to hold. He likes to open Gateway->Nexus->Cybercore but I don't think that is viable on this map. We tested this out, I did an early rush three times (usually about 16 pool, so not the earliest) and he never managed to hold his natural even though he knew it was coming. What are some alternate openings that are safer while still letting him develop his economy? What would an ideal wall-off look like in Ulrena (screenshots would be cool) and how many buildings do you need for it? Lastly, if anyone can point out specific things he could have done better it would be very helpful too: http://ggtracker.com/matches/6673738 http://ggtracker.com/matches/6673736 http://ggtracker.com/matches/6673737 I'm asking for him because he doesn't have a reddit account yet, and I dont know enough about Protoss to help. We know veto is an option... but I think learning to hold this would be beneficial for him. (And also for me! Would teach me what Protoss build orders I can just go ham on, and which I should be wary of)Pereza4 Jun 26, 2016
Jun 15, 2016 Never Give up! Hey everyone, I just started playing sc2 again since wol. The game has changed a lot, and I find it a little more enjoyable. (mostly referring to the faster starts) I just had my 4th game in ranked, and things looked pretty bleak. Midway into the game, my opponent pushes into my base, and wipes my army, destroys all my pylons, preventing me from building anything. I stayed focused (check the apm tag for some hilarity), and turned the game around. For those who gg early, never give up! http://www.ggtracker.com/matches/6457651 Edit: Just a heads up, this is a low level game.Loboling1 Jun 15, 2016
Jun 13, 2016 Build orders? Hi I'm a beginner to starcraft and i've been told that it is a good idea to learn a build order. I play protoss. What are good general or basic build orders?Axyom3 Jun 13, 2016
Jun 13, 2016 PvZ Replay advice I hate playing against random players I never know what I'm going to face strategy wise or race wise. I've been toying with this 8 gate WP Gladept all-in so thats what my basic game plan going in was. I saw the pool first and went to pylon block the natural. He didn't expand at all and I thought maybe he was elevator linging me and prepared. Here comes the Ravagers and the only thing that saved me was his lack of micro. What could I have done better seeing it was essentially an all-in on from him? http://ggtracker.com/matches/6687278noobtastic0 Jun 13, 2016
Jun 13, 2016 Because Adept, Zerg and Terran become Salt Well, I post this just because they blame us for the OP Adept...... Yet, we never blame for zergling + speed + rush, never blame marine + stim + rush..... So, why we can't adept + resonating glaives + rush?Desta4 Jun 13, 2016
Jun 12, 2016 Mothership needs new weapons after patch Blizzard keeps saying these changes are not final, but none of these changes actually make this game more fun. I have made like a million posts about giving the mothership some new weapons. Right now the mothership is a overpriced flying saucer. It's only use is it's ability to cloak friendlies. I don't consider photon overcharge a Mothership ability. Protoss needs Photon overcharge either from the nexus or from something else. Blizzard just basically decided to use the Mothership as a means for photon overcharge to be utilized and it shouldn't be thought otherwise. As for the Mothership it needs a new special ability and not timewarp as it does absolutely nothing. It needs something like a special attack like the yamamoto cannon, special sheilding for friendlies, just something new and useful for the SC2 battlefield.monster15 Jun 12, 2016
Jun 11, 2016 How to keep up in PvZ? Hi everyone, I have been really frustrated in this matchup. I hope I can receive advice from some of you. I am currently in silver facing gold players constantly (I know my level is really low but I seem to have a decent 50/50 experience vs. terran or toss). How can you keep up against zerg when... 1) you have to be defensive early on (when rushed by zerlings; normally forcing into wall MSC and zealot at the right time) 2)Your expos can be easily attacked and destroyed by the speed of lings and mobility of mutas 3) Being defensive means your opponent will eventually drone and have a better eco than you (by the ability to spawn several drones at the same time and cheaper hatcheries) 4) If you manage to hold several pushes and attacks eventually they mass muta or max out and wipe you out before you can max out as well It seems that in order to win a game vs zerg your opponent must be either really bad, make a great mistake or you just have to play a near perfect game in order to at least have a chance. While against other races the matchups seem to be closer. Perhaps I´m wrong and haven´t figured out how to deal efficiently PvZ. I hope I can get some adviceEnriqueVPrz17 Jun 11, 2016
Jun 11, 2016 release interceptors should be microable you should be able to select interceptors and select which targets you want, this ability is basically a harassment tool and useless in fights since you lose your ability to focus down unitsCarrierRush2 Jun 11, 2016
Jun 8, 2016 Karax Purifier Beam is killed in Bad Weather Using the purifier during the Bad Weather mission in coop, the beam is interrupted/killed when it interfaces with a tornado. It doesn't seem intentional?SunShrine1 Jun 8, 2016
Jun 7, 2016 I need friends to teach me i want someone to talk me through some things such as late game builds because i tend to be so far behind in late game but early game is just fineburns10 Jun 7, 2016
Jun 6, 2016 Collection of current standard styles/builds Hello everyone! After being promoted to master I quickly realized it was merely due to speed. I had 0 MU understanding. In fact, were it not for speed I would be diamond. After seeking out how the top tier pros approach pvt after struggling (www.reddit.com/r/allthingsprotoss/comments/494gbo/pvt_zests_robo_into_blink_standard/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us) I began to have far more success vs terran. This is a super standard and safe pvt strat (all credit to the original reddit poster). I would like to create a thread here for the purpose of keeping all the standard styles here (like the one above). If anyone has a standard PvZ strat like the aforementioned PvT, as in, a basic opening and short instructional and how to approach late game, please post it! We can keep the thread updated to reflect changes in the meta Thanks everyone! Sorry if this is not very readable, right hand has several fractures.Honor5 Jun 6, 2016
Jun 5, 2016 PvT Demo Review pls! Hi! After my quitting Sc2 competitively after hitting Platinum in HoTS, I came back to Sc2 that I barely can recognize. Build Orders that I made can't work because of the Probes I have in the beginning. However, I've been trying different stuff for a solid 2 hours after buying LoTV. And to the main point, I need a solid opener for TvX and I just can't seem to find any in the internet (well I have but it's just hard for me to follow), and tips on how I should play now, or what I should work on from this VoD. Anyways thank you if you do watch it! http://ggtracker.com/matches/6674143Multi1 Jun 5, 2016
Jun 4, 2016 PvT strange strats When a Terran player strays away from the meta it always catches me off guard. The top 3 that I have a serious hard time dealing with: Mass Raven Raven plus Mass mine Hellbat/ Seige Tanknoobtastic3 Jun 4, 2016
May 31, 2016 Best all in VS Zerg? Talking about a pro all in, any suggestions? I seem to have limited sucess with glaive all in, probably due to its sucess being a niche situation. side note: IF anyone has some general overall tips for masters level pvz, especially muta switches please feel free to add!UEDCommand3 May 31, 2016
May 30, 2016 PvR cheese I find when I play P v Random I face a lot of cheese strategies. The one I have the hardest time dealing with is proxy hatch into Roach/Ravager. How do you beat it?noobtastic1 May 30, 2016
May 30, 2016 Adept help everyone says that adepts op but i have no idea how to make them op maybe its cuz im in silver :(Giwl14 May 30, 2016
May 30, 2016 mmm bio help How does a protoss fight mmm? I have played several games against ai mmm ball with vikings and i cant seem to break it. Would disruptors be useful here?Giwl3 May 30, 2016
May 26, 2016 tempest bug This cant be right. Tempest are only 4 supply? Theres a glitch in the code right? Tempest should require more than 4 supply right?McNasty11 May 26, 2016
May 26, 2016 Cannon Rush I've been trying to broaden my horizons and working on all the different strategies. Question for those who cannon rush how do you do it successfully per matchup? PvZ I general annoy rush the hatchery at their natural when they 15 hatch with great success. I usually transition from there to double robo but have thought about plopping down a couple gateways as well. PvT seems to be the hardest since they usually wall in. If. Get there and the wall is complete its a failure. PvP one of the easiest specially if they don't place a pylon near their ramp. If they do you can cannon up out of their vision in their base but it's expensive and takes to long. How do you do it?noobtastic4 May 26, 2016
May 26, 2016 master or higher pvp training partner add me dozer#747dozer0 May 26, 2016
May 24, 2016 Why are carriers so useless make carriers great again 2016CarrierRush4 May 24, 2016
May 20, 2016 cannot see targeting cursor I just lost yet another game for the simple reason that when !@#$ is kicking off and I select my 8 disruptors, I cannot see the freakin cursor. i either have to not fire, or risk blowing up all my immortals. basic UX issue. please fix.harlequin2 May 20, 2016
May 18, 2016 Easily Track Building Units! See: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/20744184255? This suggestion allows players to easily track the progress of building Units, Chrono Boosted structures & Upgrade times!Erebos0 May 18, 2016
May 17, 2016 Terran 2 base all in I lost 3 games in a row to a Terran doing 2 base all in. (Not sure if this is called a 2 base all in since he drops the expo b4 he attacks.) He had a bunch of marine and marauder and 1 tank (He always timed attacked with 1 tank and stim.) I tried to def it with Stalkers, Adapt and Immo (He usally hits me when I have 1 immo out.) And I just can't def it... His bio ball way out numbers me plus he has 1 tank too.... by the time I barely holds him... his 2nd and 3rd tank starts to arrive and more bio too...Shuning1 May 17, 2016
May 15, 2016 How to defend early terran rushes I keep getting caught with my pants down by terran rushing marines/maurder combinations across the map, around about 3-4 which is before I can get anything of any obvious defense out. It's not even a proxy barracks it's coming straight across the map, side from a wall off and cannon I'm not sure what to do. It's even before i can get a MSC out :/Didact15 May 15, 2016
May 15, 2016 Liberators at chokes How do you defend or attack Liberatirs at chokes? Can't out zone them with Blnk Stalkers. Tempest, Carriers?noobtastic1 May 15, 2016
May 12, 2016 I've done it! I've dropped below 30% w/r! It took me quite a few Zerg games in a row, but I've finally dipped to 28% w/r vs Zerg. My Terran is hovering around 45%, and the Protoss is usually 55-60%. But I'll get it down eventually, right? Maybe it's because Protoss OP? That's why my PvP is so high. :p Well, good luck to all of you who actually have a chance at improving in this game. I'll content myself to slowly reaching for 20% w/r in at least one matchup. Probably gonna be zerg again, though.Kaotik3 May 12, 2016
May 12, 2016 pvp hey guys looking to figure this match up out. what are the 1 base builds i need to scout and know about and what are the 100% no build order loss fast expand builds if any? thanks any tips in not straight up losing to 1 base builds without having to 1 base my self....yea i hope i got my question across well lolAlexander9 May 12, 2016
May 11, 2016 PvT build help. Hello all I am currently In gold league and facing some guys in platinum league and even 2 or 3 diamonds. I am struggling in PvT right now. I need a good build with some micro like blink stalkers. Thank you! sorry for my bad grammerSoap22 May 11, 2016
May 8, 2016 Im considering a switch to Protoss Im a rank 1 plat terran and im really getting irritated by my race. In the end they will get nerfed by DK to the point where bio is the only thing viable. However i did unique playstyles like skyterran every match and i was wondering if there were unique play styles for protoss? Im really interested by the disruptors and tempests. ThanksWiDoW2 May 8, 2016
May 8, 2016 How many games does it take to get to master? This current season I started out in silver, and have now ranked up to diamond. It has only taken me around 250 games to get there. At this pace, any idea when I'll rank up to master or GM. I am currently 5th in diamond.dborre2 May 8, 2016
May 6, 2016 How many HTs? Curious for what match ups you guys get HTs and when how many? How many is to much for your main army being that their gas cost is realitvely high.noobtastic0 May 6, 2016
May 3, 2016 Best reaction to this build. I just faced this Terran build on ladder http://ggtracker.com/matches/6601082 Anyway, he hit me at my base around 6:00 with 20 marines, 3 tanks, 1 cyclone, 1 liberator, and 1 medivac. I had a mothership core, +1 attack and resonating glaives, 7 adepts, 2 oracles, and 5 stalkers. The supply in army was 36 to 32. I had some sloppy micro in the engagement as I did not use the oracles right when the adepts shaded in. However, I doubt it would have done much better as I killed pretty much nothing. When you scout this, how would you guys deal with it?dborre6 May 3, 2016
May 2, 2016 PvP? What are the most viable strategies in PvP as of May 1, 2016? I have encountered many different styles the last two weeks since I started playing again for the first time since 2011. The game has changed quite a bit I must admit. And what about the mass Void Ray strategy? Just attack move with Void Rays that have the burst ability on, straight into the other players army? How do you counter such a thing? Any ideas?GalneGunnar2 May 2, 2016
May 2, 2016 High templar levitation Yesterday i searched up why Ht's levitate, they levitate because they are strongly connected to the khala but then in the LotV campaign, protoss nerve cords are dismembered to prevent amon controlling the Protoss but the HT's still !@#$ing levitate why the %^-* do they still levitate!?!?!?Jonothan3 May 2, 2016
May 1, 2016 Let's roll back resources Let's roll back resources!!!dddw0 May 1, 2016
Apr 29, 2016 Easy Protoss openers? I just started playing LotV and can't really get used to this much faster paced game. I need a really easy, simple, and flexible Protoss opener if there are any out there. Thanks in advance!Lawnchair14 Apr 29, 2016
Apr 29, 2016 PVZ early all ins Any tips on how to deal with these? Been facing a lot lately. Particularly ravagers, hydralisks and sometimes even lurkers. I know the basic FFE and so on, just can't seem to find the right counter units.MoSsy18 Apr 29, 2016
Apr 29, 2016 Disruptors OP? Just curious, I've just recently come back to the game, and on a few of my recent ladder games I've been cursed out by my opponent, along the lines of 'disruptor so OP, my god', 'f--- you and those op disruptors noob', etc. I tend to favor the protoss ground army more than the air units, and disruptors are one of the few things I've noticed that even the odds against terran MMM balls and roach / hydra / lurker by zerg. Are they OP? Sure I might get 20+ kills with a disruptor by the time the games end, but without them I can have a superior army (as far as supply and upgrades go) and still lose to zerg / terran without disruptors. Heck, finding it out the hard way, if you don't have disruptors and go ground vs zerg, you'll get eaten alive by lurkers. IDK I don't believe they're OP personally. They gave my ground armies a chance against the other races, it's not like they were a magic bullet against Z/T, though they are powerful no doubt.HugeDilsSon6 Apr 29, 2016
Apr 27, 2016 hey guys swapping to toss cuz zerg just...isnt fun. what are the pvz openers cuz i was never a aggressive zerg and id like to make it past the first 3-4 minutes without getting zerglinged. also does anyone have tips or anything for walling off on the main and the nat? these mapps just feel like the worst trying to wall offAlexander10 Apr 27, 2016
Apr 27, 2016 PvZ - How to deal with Baneling into BL Having issues with a style that seems to be getting more popular on the ladder. Starts with Baneling/Speedling with lots of harass, while getting up infinity bases and then transitioning rather quickly into Broodlords. I just never seem to have the economy necessary to deal with tons of Banelings/Lings, while getting up a counter to fast Broodlords in time. If you try to use Blink Stalkers they just get shredded by Lings/Banelings once they Blink under the BL's, and Tempests are very expensive and I generally just don't have the eco to support them while keeping up a decent ground army. Meanwhile the Zerg seems to be able to expand with ease due to how fast/effective Speedlings are at dealing with harass. Anyone have any tips/suggestions on how to deal with this? Because right now I'm not really sure what to do.Helbrecht4 Apr 27, 2016
Apr 27, 2016 How to Protoss in LotV? So i have just returned to the game, played the campaign and some coop (very good job Blizzard). However i have difficulties in 1v1 multiplayer. It seems that everything has changed. I'm asking for guidelines on how to play the different matchups. What are the common compositions and builds? Thanks in advance! Ps.: may the Golden Armada purify the nesting places of lurkers... :( A replay: http://ggtracker.com/matches/6590979KelBalST9 Apr 27, 2016
Apr 26, 2016 pvt mech. how do i deal with high greedy tank mine lib turlte in to thor mass libAlexander7 Apr 26, 2016
Apr 25, 2016 tempest are to strong as a terran player i cant do nothing vs tempest and by the time im make viking they still cant take them down with a large shield and hp can the ran be nerf or somthing turrents cant even reach its crazyPoisonx15 Apr 25, 2016
Apr 25, 2016 How to LotV Protoss..? So, back in the WoL days, I used to be quite okay for a casual player of Starcraft 2 as Protoss. My win-loss rates were basically 50/50, which was pretty great for me at the time (I was also gold rank). Nowadays, though, I've been having a ton of problem with playing against pretty much everyone, I did find a pretty solid way to win against other Protoss by just doing early game aggression, but that strategy seems to be futile for Zergs and Terrans. I've been also having a lot of problems to counter Liberatos, though, I haven't found many problems with newer Zerg units. So, I'd like to know which are the most recommended starting builds for PvT, PvZ and PvP ('cause why not), please. I've also been reading that quite a bit of people are saying that Protoss are kind of nerfed since HotS? If yes, how so? Anyway, that is all, thanks for the attention if you read this thread.Treva4 Apr 25, 2016
Apr 22, 2016 Countering Terran 1 base all-ins I'm new to 1v1 Random in LotV - in PvT I've lost a few times to Terran marine 1 base all-in builds. Its a free win as Zerg but easier to die as Toss & Terran... as Protoss what is the best counter to these: 1. The five rax f%$#, hits at 4 min with about 15 marines + a never-ending stream. If you open standard gateway expand how do you hold this? i.e. how many gates, gases and what unit comp is optimal? There are 2 forward OC's available, but pylons are focused down in seconds. 2. 5 min rine-tank push: hits with lots of rines and a tank + more tanks incoming. I've only encountered this once - pretty sure I lost because I tried to defend with Adepts but +1 attack and Glaive upgrade was late. Was that or Blink the correct response, or should I have delayed tech for more gates once I saw no natural at 3 min, and just made a crap tonne of units off 2 base?BurntCorpses4 Apr 22, 2016
Apr 18, 2016 Hot keys and macros So recently I have been looking at really improving at starcraft. I have found that I dont use hot keys as much as I should. The only time I use hot keys is on my nexus's. Any tips on hot keys would be greatly appreciated. I play on default, but recently I have been considering switching over to grid.Will this improve my apm at all? I have a razor deathstalker what macros should I set up? Or should I use them at all. Thx in advance -suicidalgingersuicidalging27 Apr 18, 2016
Apr 18, 2016 so how do you stop cannon rushes in LOTV? Not a big deal, since I play unranked and I can just quit against it..... (and I probably will anyways just because I rarely play and i don't want to waste my time dealing with retards, not to mention I couldn't care less about my MMR) but seriously, I'm just curious, how are you supposed to react to that in LOTV?niteowl15 Apr 18, 2016