Zerg Discussion

Jan 11 crazy zerg strategy Any thoughts on crazy strategy as a zerg? Post them here. I have tried: 1. mass queens w/ spine crawler (transition into brood lord) push 2. overseers spawn tons of changelings to block off ramp They didnt work very well though lol. I feel that you can do funny things w/ infestor but I am too dumb to think of any :(Nuno13 Jan 11
Jan 10 ZvT Cyclone/Hellbat All-in Basically Terran gets blue flame and +1 attack, and moves across the map at around 5 minutes, what can zerg do to defend this?KorTECK9 Jan 10
Jan 10 Zerg vs Terran HELP!!!!! Ok so typical game, Terran def up their base so can't get in with lings, need to get some better units right? But what the hell do you do when they cheese and just non stop build reapers? Damn observers are too slow in the beginning of the game to get a good scout by the time 5+ of em are at my base vs just a few of my lings. And if it's not that cheese its building crap in my natural blocking me and putting down a turret. I'm finding it hard vs Terran atm on so many levels since the patch with the improvement to siege tanks but now I am running into more n more cheese plays and I feel like I cant get my feet off the ground. Suggestions please!!! Typical build if I think they are going cheese. drone, observer, gas, drone up gas, spawning pool into lings+ movement speed, observer and pump out a few more lings while starting up on roach warren (IF I am able to get to that before I am raped by reapers).Tyyphoid6 Jan 10
Jan 10 Cannon rushes I've been getting cannon rushed so much lately, and I usually could handle this type of thing. But these new cannon rushers commit so hard. I open 17 hatch and usually keep my second overlord at my natural to see if it gets blocked. I see a probe come in it immediately throws 3 pylons down to block my ramp. At that point I have pool about 1/4 done and I pull 4 to 6 drones to break the wall. After his pylons finish(at least 1 of them always does) he throws a cannon on the low ground with another pylon. Lings/queen isn't out in time, and drones can't hold it by themselves. Is there a way to beat this is or do I have to start 14 pooling every game?NoNoUDo10 Jan 10
Jan 10 PvZ help The Protoss discussion is dead, and the General discussion irrational, so I’m going to ask you guys for help. Right now the only strategy I can win with vs. Zerg is mass carrier, and Zerg players are fast learning the counters. Anyone have any basic build orders I can start off with, because I am completely clueless and helpless right now.WireBender8 Jan 10
Jan 10 Zerg Behemoth - transport/support unit Massive zerg air unit, bigger than an leviathan but not as dangerous. Stats hp - 1600 energy - 250 supply - 20 movement speed - 1.4062 Cost - 800 minerals, 500 gas build time - 180 seconds regular attack - 60 damage(single air), speed 3 seconds. Abilities 1. Shadow in the void - This large creature blocks out the life form of the planet, weakening all enemy units within 11 range of the behemoth. Enemy units loses 30% damage and 40% hp from this passive effect. 2. Load - Load up to 30 supply of units. 3. Consume - Eat 6 bio infantry units, gaining back 200 hp, cost 150 energy, can be used on units from both sides.Tarzan6 Jan 10
Jan 9 Different builds as a new player Hi, I'm new to sc2 but I've been hearing that the most important thing to work on is mechanics and macro as a new player. Will experimenting with different build orders etc hurt more than it will help early on? If so, when can I tell if my fundamentals are good enough to start experimenting?Chongus7 Jan 9
Jan 8 TVZ Replay Analysis So I literally just learned the 2-1-1 today and would like some tips and analysis of these replays. http://ggtracker.com/matches/6921336 http://ggtracker.com/matches/6921337 My few questions are What am I doing glaringly wrong? What is the purpose of the 2-1-1? To delay creep, harrass or start engaging to force the zerg to build units and halt their economy? What is the follow-up past the drops? What is the exact timing that it is supposed to hit? I.E. What are the benchmarks?Thanks!Azrael7 Jan 8
Jan 7 Marine Drop Loss Hey all, I've been recently getting back into Starcraft after about a year or so. Already, I'm ranking platinum whereas a year ago I was a consistent gold. Obviously, I still have quite a bit of rust to knock off, but I was really perplexed by this loss: http://ggtracker.com/matches/6911371 The terran player goes dual medivac-marine drop into my third and after two really bad engagements I realize that the game is a lost cause. Overall, I am pleased with my build order and most of my gameplay mechanics (for the most part); I saw the medivacs coming and I was expanding quickly (something I knew I needed to work on from a year ago), and if I remember correctly my injects were adequate. I think what lost me the game is the initial fight at my third - he hardly lost any marines and then he dominated what few banelings I was able to throw at him. What could I have done better? Should I have built more units instead of attempting to drone up at the third? Instead of the third, should I have saturated the natural/main and started to build army units? I built a baneling nest completely guessing that he would go bio - in hindsight, it may have been more appropriate to go roach to counter the marines? Thanks /KaldenKalden4 Jan 7
Jan 6 zerggame video in youtube Hello everyone,I am zerg player daimond league tier2. I collect my game in youtube. Welcome to to see for learn tactic It's funny and make you learning. I make categoy in zvz,zvp,zvt for easy to watching. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgkWH7jeHYO6sExL0lPIKtgZergden1 Jan 6
Jan 6 Other races hating on zerg. After a post in the general discussion boards, asking about a possible hydra change, I ran into a completely absurd and unnecessary amount of hate and trash talk from terran and protoss players. So effective immediately, I will be trying to put much more time into my play and also more time into forum activity to help new and lower level players. I'm currently plat zerg. Been higher in the past and looking to climb hoghwer once again. Friend or message me if you're looking for coach or practice partner. This was the last straw, I'm tired of t and p players acting hard. Let's kill those nerds and remind them who the best race is.NoNoUDo8 Jan 6
Jan 6 How to stop archon/stalker/Colossus? I played a matchup against a Protoss and we had similar economies. He went the above build and I had Roach/Hydra teching to Muta. I lost in an engagement just before I got decent amounts of Mutas. Was there anything I could've done other than teching Mutas faster?Netherdrake6 Jan 6
Jan 5 Idea I'd like to see tried So, I was thinking that I would like to see a replay of a zerg player fighting carrier rush with 4 hatch before lair into double nydus with mass hydra/queen Here's the idea: the protoss is not getting any more army than they need to defend, so a couple crawlers can hold your base. spend all you're larva on units with 4 fully saturated bases and place you're first 2 worms outside the front door, much like a proxy pylon. They are safe there to continually unload units as fast as you can make them. Then as you through 100s of units at the front door, start putting more nyduses in the protoss base, and keep unloading. This is an all-in. As your minerals deplete, it may be best to stick the drones in the nydus and a-move them. You will have double the resource value, and more because zerg doesn't need to buy as many buildings to get hydras as protoss needs to get carriers (2 stargates and a fleet beacon is 600/500 already) I don't know if this would work, but I would like to see some replays of this being tried. Whether it works or not, it would be really cool to watch.WireBender9 Jan 5
Jan 5 Corruptors Vs ' carriers' interceptors It is hard to micro with many Corruptors VS interceptors, especially that Corruptors auto-focus the interceptors. do you think this should be changed to balance the ZvP ?VeNuM8 Jan 5
Jan 3 Bad Problem Floating Minerals What are some good ways to stop floating minerals as Zerg in the early/mid game? http://ggtracker.com/matches/6911751 This was a ZvZ I just won against a diamond player and quite frankly, I don't think I should have won. In the early game, our builds are very similar but his spending was far superior to mine in most every way. Honestly, the only reason I think I won is because he was really bad at pushing engagements - the game was essentially over when I killed his army after he attacked my gold base. After a few minutes, I start really floating minerals and it just gets worse and worse as the game progresses - again, the engagements were what saved me. What are some mental notes/ques that might help to trigger gas investment or spending? /KaldenKalden7 Jan 3
Jan 1 Anyone interested in a stream? I started streaming consistently recently and I've been getting back into Starcraft. Right now, SC2 is usually a pre-stream warm up or post-stream for fun. I just wanted to see how many people would be interested in a Starcraft stream. I don't like playing the same game 24/7, so it definitely wouldn't be every time I stream, but maybe something like the same 2 or 3 days every week. If anyone is interested, what is something you would want to see? All ladder all the time? Team games (maybe with viewers)? Coaching? Arcade? A mix of the above? The SC2 streams I've seen are almost exclusively 1v1 ladder, so I'm not sure how much interest there is in anything else. A little about me. I've been consistently mid-high Masters as Zerg in 1v1. I haven't played much Terran or Protoss in LotV, but I was mid Diamond in HotS. I play a ton of Arcade games and am pretty good at most of them (seriously, I am the god of Line Tower Wars). I coached newer/struggling players in the past, but that was always a one on one discussion and never had an audience. If anyone would be interested, let me know and be sure to tell me what you want to see.BallsOfSteel7 Jan 1
Jan 1 Happy New Year Cerebrates! May your swarms all enjoy endless victories this year!Kalden1 Jan 1
Dec 31 ZVP here's a replay where a win for a change. mutalisk switch ftw. Also, i was afk for 20 to 30 seconds at the beginning haha http://ggtracker.com/matches/6915516 enjoy folksNoNoUDo0 Dec 31
Dec 30 Where do Overlords place units in their body? Ive been curious about this for awhile and I'm wondering where the heck do Overlords place units in their body? For example I think the Overlords use their tentacles to pick up a unit and insert them in the entryway just below the Overlords body. The zerg then have a window view through the overlords two bubbles on the sides of his body. Is this accurate? Tell me what you think! I think that they should make an animation for the Overlord expanding when you try and fit an Ultralisk inside one of them. Just seems like it would make more sense to me :D. Please let me know what your theory is on this topic.Oracle20 Dec 30
Dec 29 Affirmation about vs. Terran Ok is it me or does there seem to be a re-working needed of Terran, specifically as a Zerg player? They can wall in very easy and quick (lings can't get in cause of usually 1 of 2 reasons, marines behind wall with a SVC repairing or siege tank blasting you lings to bits). To scout its 100 minerals cause your gonna lose the observer, down 8 count limit till you build up another and in the beginning lets face it, your not gonna get a whole lot of info with the scout so what do you do? Sacrifice more observers to scout more, losing more 8 count limit and 100 minerals??? Then they buff siege tanks so god forbid your micro is off a little and your units are grouped too close, BLAM, all gone!!!! It feels like Terran can transition too easy into mid and late game compared to Z and P and it's either cheese or turtle. its hard to get scouting in or unit drops when everyone has turrets up but you try and run a late game cause you expect them to do that and you want Broodlords then BLAM!!!! Here comes the cheese with a million Reapers in the 1st couple min or just before mid game a million Marines n medvacs. It feels like the stuff we need to make it an even playing field as Zerg vs Terran comes too late in the game.Tyyphoid2 Dec 29
Dec 29 ZvT - vipers vs MM + Tanks Hello! Here's the scenario - he has marines, medivacs and tanks. He sieges up his tanks and moves his MM into my, then pulls back to draw me into tank fire. I have 3 vipers. How do I micro it to get close enough to pull the tanks but far enough away so his marines don't just target my vipers before I can pull? Last fight in the attached replay is kind of the scenario above. I made a lot of mistakes during the game but thought it could have been closer at the end w/the encounter. I didn't scout and had no idea what he was doing and saw tanks too late. I only had 2 vipers ready and they didn't have enough energy. I also pulled tanks into nothing (i.e. no dps) at one point. Just wondering if this scenario happens how to move the pieces to get to the tanks w/out dying to the vipers. Thanks in advance. http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4132732Lokei5 Dec 29
Dec 28 Early Probes ruining my Early Hatchery Hello community. I'm an aspiring Zerg player. I'm curious what everyone does as Zerg when your opponent is Protoss and you plan to expand early but *bam* you run into an annoying probe at 50 seconds of the game blocking your natural placement. I always end up doing some stupid build which exposes me for a rush and lose the game in a frustrating fashion.DeepMind8 Dec 28
Dec 28 I float soO much with zerg I noticed that once I have 3 bases, I consistantly have >1k moneys. Any tips + tricks to assist? (I'm a silver 1)Giwl8 Dec 28
Dec 27 ZvP how? Anyone else having trouble ZvP? Strange I had 65+% in this matchup pre-patch3.8. Now its 30% and still falling. I noticed lowko claimed similar in his recent videos. I used to go +1+1 roach push or mass mutas, but neither now works. I considtently die to mass Adepts. nass phoenixes, or late skytosh air... carriers. On the plus side my ZvT went from around 30% to 68%. So it swapoed! On the plus dudepoofball7 Dec 27
Dec 26 fungal battlecruisers Not to be a sourapple but if you fungal a battlecruiser it should not be able to warp away. The fungal juice would at least clog up the warp engines so it shouldn't be possible.BilboBagins5 Dec 26
Dec 25 Getting back into SCII Hey there friends, After finally finishing my Bachelor's, I am looking to get back into some Starcraft 2. It's been many months since I've played multiplayer and I was a consistently high-level gold Zerg player. I was hoping to touch base with a few players and possibly set up some matches to knock some of the rust off. Happy holidays and happy New Year! /KaldenKalden1 Dec 25
Dec 22 Another bad ZvT Hello everyone! I lost a ZvT last night and I have a somewhat generic question I would like advice on. He started out with some reapers and hellions and I defended ok. He pushed in with tanks and thors and while the initial engagement didn't go well, I got up to vipers and held off a decent sized attack from him. I did lose all my vipers though. I pushed over towards his side of the map and he had more thors and tanks. I pulled a handful of the tanks/thors in and killed them but he had ~8 sieged up tanks behind it and my control of my vipers just isn't good enough yet and I lost everything and gg'ed out. That said, I had other problems as well. Missed injects, didn't scout early, bad creep spread, etc. I'm getting better and not floating too many minerals, but at this point I'm kind of looking for a handful of things I need to improve on to help my overall game. Should I just pick one of the things mentioned above? Here is the replay in case anyone has time to give me some pointers. I have no problem losing games and can take any advice anyone is willing to dish out. Just trying to get better! Thanks in advance. http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4125880Lokei2 Dec 22
Dec 21 Double your Creep Spread ! Hello, i am a newcomer (3weeks) I had a game where i wanted to spread my creep faster I used 1 Overlord to drop Creep and planted a tumor(survives without future creep from overlord) and then you move on to next area and do the same thing. Double the zone and you still can use the initial creep, Also you can use the overlord to move the queen faster/safer Never saw it used in a actual game on twitch/ pro players http://prnt.sc/dlyupd http://prnt.sc/dlyv2jJavaris4 Dec 21
Dec 20 Streaming! https://www.twitch.tv/insomniac313 I'd appreciate if you check it out and give me some constructive criticism. Just got Plat 1 for the first time!Insomniac11 Dec 20
Dec 19 2v2 Zerg builds to complement mech My buddy is a master terran player and I have recently started playing lots of 2v2 games with him. I just switched to zerg (played T before). We have found success in a 2base 8min timing attack of 20-25 roachs + marines, tanks, medicvacs with widow mine drops around 6min. However, sometimes he wants to go mech and I have no idea how to complement that playstyle as zerg. I need bases for an army but we give up so much map control because he says mech shouldnt move out. Furthermore we got wrecked several times in row by enemies going air units.Witchy6 Dec 19
Dec 19 LotV worth getting as Zerg? Hello people, I'm a big zerg fan and I've been thinking of coming back to SC2 multiplayer. Last time I laddered was back in Heart of the Swarm. I thought about buying LotV, but I watched some ProLeague finals and, frankly, the new units don't impress me. Now, I haven't watched any ZvZ, but from what I've seen, ZvT hasn't changed at all (zerg tries to macro while terran pummels him all game with bio), while in ZvP the protoss spam adepts who appear to be ranged, teleporting zealots made of cancer. On the zerg side, the only new unit I've seen are ravagers, and only in ZvP, and they never did anything useful. Not one hydralisk, let alone lurker, to be seen, and in only one match did Hydra manage to get to Ultras. It might be that I've just watched the wrong matches (I only watched like 10 of them), though. So, is there any zerg change in LotV that's worth buying the expansion for, or should I just stick with HotS? Any other big changes? Thanks, TLDR: Is zerg multiplayer playstyle at all different in LotV or should I just stick with HotS? EDIT: Hell, now I'm questioning HotS as well. How are Swarm Host? Still useless after their rework? What about Vipers? I'm asking, because now that I think of it, I can't think of a good reason not to just play WoL. WoL doesn't seem to make any difference in available units for Zerg, but at least it spares me the torture of dealing with widow mines. :pGiga10 Dec 19
Dec 19 no answers for protss cannon rushing. 2 gate rush cannon rush into 2 gate adepts. DTs air. plus 1 imortal all in. they are completely immune to harrassment and can take 2 bases easily and fully saturate with out losing a single probe because photon overcharge. i am more comfortable in zvt and zvz. it doesnt matter how !@#$ing braindead the protoss is i cannot harrass him and they just do what every they want and win the game. i obviously beat like mass void rays and stupid cheese. i have no answers for any of this nonsense that. master race protss.SpreestxD21 Dec 19
Dec 19 ZvT - how to beat mass cyclone I saw a few cyclones at the start and was building roaches. He pushed with ~11 and I had ~20 roaches and at first we were about even but he ended up overwhelming me. What is a good defense / counter to mass cyclones? Thanks http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4087576Lokei9 Dec 19
Dec 19 ZvZ help I just don't understand this match up at all and it's beyond frustrating! I try to go for an aggressive ling plus 1 attack opener and it didn't work. Anyone got a good safe opener and tips to help get me past the ling/bane bs?Insomniac38 Dec 19
Dec 18 Zerg and championships has zerg ever won a championship? every time i swear its ony protoss and terran, mostly protoss that win the championships. its like zerg was created and balanced to be a punching bag. when will the zerg pros move on to terran or toss?Zeeku7 Dec 18
Dec 18 Mutas in ZvZ, a bad idea ? Imo going for mutas is a very bad strategy in ZvZ. Players who go for mutas tend to have less ground units and tend to over drone in the early stage of the game. Going for mutas is also a huge investment: expensive spire + 100 gas and minerals per mutas. You can literally crush your opponent's workers in his main and natural with a good army of roaches and lings even if your opponent already has an army of mutas at his disposal. His mutas won't kill your lings and roaches fast enough to slow down the disaster. You will eventually loose your lings and roaches army but it doesn't matter at this point if you managed to kille at least 10-15 of his workers. The second wave to end the game is coming. A couple of spores (4 to 6 spores per base) and queens in your main and natural will be enough to get rid of his mutas if he decides to attack. They literally melt against spore. So what does your opponent has now ? 10-15 mutas ? who can't even attack your main and natural because of your spores. Game over. Now it's time to mass hydras, roaches and lings to end the game with them while your opponent is still trying hard to recover from your previous attack. So I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Mutas in ZvZ, good idea or not ?BugBunnylisk9 Dec 18
Dec 18 Queen hotkey question Hello all! I typically have my inject queens on 4, my hatcheries on 5 and my creep / D queens on 6. When facing oracle / VR harass early on I have a hard time getting all my queens in the right spot to D. A few specific questions: 1- should I have an 'all queens' hotkey? either in addition to the 2 I already have or just instead of what I have. I used to use '4' + 'next base' key to inject but I do that less and less now (using camera hotkeys more). I like the creep queens on 6 so I can always press 6, 'c', and place tumors. 2- at the start of games I keep my inject queens at the base they're injecting and my D/creep queens at the front. should I be pulling my creep queens back to the 'middle' of my bases to make it easier to D these types of pushes? Would love to hear how others do it. I only recently started building more and more queens for D and they have really helped me out with early aggression and defending early air. Cheers!Lokei7 Dec 18
Dec 18 Is 15/14 trick worth using? for someone who don't know this trick it is trick that you build gas(supply become 13/14) then make drone(supply become 14/14) then cancel gas(supply become 15/14) well let do rough calculation I usual use 15/14 trick when i am waiting for first overlord and it need 75mineral to do this trick so by using this trick I can have 15th drone around 10s(normally you need first overlord(18s )+then build drone(12s) but by this trick I can have 15th drone in around 20s(around7-8s for 75mineral +12s for drone)) faster than when not using this trick cancel gas waste 6 mineral I think that in 10 s drone can have more than 2 trip of mineral harvest so in my POV this trick is worth using but using this trick may delay first expan(if U want to fast expan) for 5-8 s(don't sure) Please tell me If I get it wrong somewhere XDNaIL15 Dec 18
Dec 18 Is 17 Hatch still viable? Not having much luck with 17 hatchery opener versus ZvZ since this new patch. Perhaps it's the old school maps which are TINY and I'm constantly getting tagged by 2:10 by 1 base all ins! 17 hatchery / 17 spawning pool / 17 gas... If anyone is utilizing a similar macro build how many lings are you making before droning in your natural, also how are you defending those dreaded 1 base baneling all ins at 2:40-3:00. Feeling tired of defending cheese all day in ZvZ.RavenerAlpha9 Dec 18
Dec 18 Cheese build order I was a toss player in multiplayer I started too change to zerg now i rly need help for build orders .... I rly love cheesy build order can anybody help? #rip tossStorm8 Dec 18
Dec 17 Where are leviathan ability hotkeys ? i cant seem to find where to change the hotkeys for the leviathan. the leviathan has a few abilities and it doesnt show up on the units list in hotkeys.Kragan1 Dec 17
Dec 17 Marine, Tank, Medivac + THOR! How do I beat this playing standard Muta, ling, bling? I try to harass with mutas but turrets and thors defend + marines. I cant engage or bust his front because of tanks. So I have to wait for him to engage me, and the unit composition just wrecks everything I have. By the time I see the attack coming I cant engage with ling/bling tanks are already sieged. I cant engage with mutas [magic box] marines are stacked next to the thors. Ughh!! should i just play ling,bling,infestor vs this?AceKing15 Dec 17
Dec 15 Bangling Tip Heres a tip with the banglings, it only requires 5 banglings to successfully bust open the ramp early game. but heres the catch you have to aim for the middle structure.... heres why. https://youtu.be/2zDIqqIoePESpyroDragon4 Dec 15
Dec 15 Zerg blows late game zerg blows late game. if they don't win early they're doomed late game unless they go mass ultra.EricPlayboy24 Dec 15
Dec 13 Are swarm hosts still pretty bad in LOTV? So I stopped playing around the release of HOTS because swarm host wars didn't look fun, and I wasnt real impressed with the viper. I was even more dissapointed in LOTV when it seems like they took a step forward and step back by making swarm hosts absolutely awful and adding ravagers and lurkers. So are all zerg units more viable now? Are swarm hosts and lurkers usable?AlKaPwn5 Dec 13
Dec 13 Glowing infestor skin i really want this thing as a skin! if there are any players who don't know what i'm talking about, change to WOL or HOTS expansion levels, go into hots campaign and train one, or go into co-op and look at one as you kill them. i really want this because it... well it just looks awesome! here is some info i've gathered on them 1. glow color changes depending on you're team color 2. it's a glitch of the moment, which means it's under threat of removal (NO!) 3. it appears that the LOTV infestor doesn't glow... meaning they are two different units. Come together, all zerg players that would rather have this as a unit skin!Awesomov2 Dec 13
Dec 12 ZVP needs help Hello, I am currently gold zerg in ones (plat experienced). My winrate against protoss seems to have tanked and I'm not sure why or what to do about it. I don't think I've beat a single decent protoss player this season. I am losing to protoss with half my effective APM... it seems like no matter what I do I cannot inflict enough damage. Any act of aggression I take (ie drops or flanking attacks) always just triggers a unstoppable all in I can never beat. I get the proper counters to everything in the protoss forces, but it seems like they do the same but their comp always completely flattens mine. Here are some examples; Protoss pushes with 2 immortals, zelots and adepts. I get roaches for the zlots/adepts, and run lings around the main force to get at the imortals. Roaches get slaughtered by imo's before lings inflict enough damage, and end up getting shredded by adepts. Ok, game lasts a little longer and I've gotten hydras now... Mass collosus. np I'll get corruptors; I either end up killing all the collosus but still losing my ground armies, or he has voids/phoenix and my corruptors just get shredded. I cannot ever seem to get a step ahead. All this late game crush they have, and they still massacre my drones with early adept play that I cannot stop (fight yes but cannot stop) or oracles, both plays of which are almost garanteed to get drone kills with minimal loss on the protoss part. TLDR; need help with ZvP meta, I must not know it because I cannot beat protoss period.Atanius12 Dec 12
Dec 11 Everyone is freaking out over hydras I keep hearing they're really strong,and they're op. Is there a specific hydra build going around? Or is it just generally since they got buffed?NoNoUDo2 Dec 11
Dec 11 ZvP Carriers? I have not seen anything broken more in SC2 than current carriers. I had 2/3 full hydra army with infestors, twice the size of protoss with 1/0 and still lost the battle to 5 carriers. Anyone wining vs this setup?Lhotse12 Dec 11
Dec 9 Some Diamond Zerg Replays Been on a bit of a crazy win streak with Zerg recently. Not due to some crazy mass hydra or viper shinanigans, but due to improving my understanding of the game and actually concentrating ;) Figured i'd upload the replays if any of you guys wanted to go through them if you were struggling on any particular matchups. I lost maybe 3 in the last 15 games or so, i posted the losses as well. Importantly, I reviewed every replay win or lose, to better understand in either scenario, something I certainly think is key to every players improvement. questions such as - Was I behind when i thought i was behind? (by how much?) - Was I ahead when I thought i was ahead? (by how much?) - Did my opponent make the right decisions? (Could I identify when they did or did not?) - Were there decisions I could have made better? - Were there particular decisions I correctly made (Could I identify this or was it by accident)] I have used some of these thoughts to dramatically improve my ZvZ play recently. I used to have a win rate of around 30%!.. It's recently gone up to 40% WIN ZVP https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068040 WIN ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068041 WIN ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068042 WIN ZVT https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068043 WIN ZVP https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068044 WIN ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068045 WIN ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068049 WIN ZVT https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068050 WIN ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068051 WIN ZVT https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068048 WIN ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068055 LOSS ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068047 WIN ZVT https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068053 WIN ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068052 LOSS ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068056 LOSS ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068054 WIN ZVZ https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/4068058 You may noticed a lot of ZVZ's... can't think why :P It has however definitely helped me breakthrough in the style of play. All the games are reasonably different, with some cheese (mostly by the OPP) some macro games, no vipers, I think maybe one game with ultras! Enjoy!Turtle1 Dec 9