Zerg Discussion

Sep 13, 2010 Zerg patch release updates Blizzard representatives marked as saying we will be fixing the zerg balance and updating the servers with a new patch as of 12/22/2012 obviously they hope the world ends you heard it here first, blizzard hoping the world will end so they don't have to work on balance patchesNick3 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Unbreakable Achievement as Zerg So...has anyone got it with Zerg? What unit type and build let you get a single unit with 40 kills? The highest I have ever had was 21 with a Roach that was in a base killing workers while a big fight was going on. Then the player chose not the handle the roach right away. I used to think ultra was the way to go but by the time I have them the opponent has way too many forces to ever allow a single ultra to survive that long.junyamint8 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Is there a counter to PSI Storm? Hey guys, I'm a silver league player (started in Bronze and still learning the ropes) and got a question regarding High Templars. Basically I ended up in a game against a Gold player who used High Templars to support his Zealot + Stalker army. Since I scouted his gateways, my army consisted primarily of Hydras backed up by Lings and if he would have gone purely Zealot + Stalker I could probably have steamrolled him after the first engagement. But his extremely well placed PSI storms nearly got my army wiped out during each engagement we had, just leaving me with one or two Hydras after each battle. I never encountered High Templars used as effectively in the lower leagues before, so I wasn't sure how to properly counter them. At one point I tried a few Mutas that I threw in the mix, but the Stalkers on his side made this more of an annoying distraction than something I would call "countering" this tactic. Eventually I gained the upper hand through better Macro and won with Brood Lords while he was still in T2, but it felt like High Templar is the perfect counter to basically any Zerg army composition, since they have a major "anti swarm" attack. So long story, short question: What's your preferred way to dealing with this unit? Thanks for your help.ObjSStff8 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Protoss, meet my friend "Sauron Zerg" Replay speaks for itself. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79281-1v1-protoss-zerg-xelnaga-caverns For those who don't know. Sauron Zerg is a classic tactic where instead of making a single decisive push you throw a large army at your opponent in the hopes that it does some kind of damage. You might lose your army, but that’s ok you just built a backup army. You throw that at your enemy. It might die, but that’s ok you just built a backup army. You throw that at your enemy, but that’s ok… Basically you send wave after endless wave at your opponent to wear them down and keep them locked in their base. Fun strategy, but it's hard to get into a strong enough macro position to pull it off.Duban15 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Nydus Idea? Has anyone tried nydusing the enemies base, dropping 10 infestors into their base and then burrowing them? THis way the enemy thinks you didnt bother sending your units in and you can attack an expansion of his with your main force.......... then when he sends his units to go defend the expansion....... MASS INFESTED TERRANS take out his base from behind. Anyone tried this?BMetal4 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 I am so sorry zerg. (former T player) Man, I thought I was the bomb. I made it to tank 1 plat easily stomping all my foes as terran. I feel like something different now though and zerg seamed to be fun. So i've been playing zerg for awhile now and I have not one a single game with them yet.. I'm trying though! But really, I am so sorry zerg. It really is a rough life for you (and now me).CBoogie44 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 sc2 storm>sc1 storm against zerg, this is why In sc1, zerg units cost less food, and so armies would be bigger in number and size than sc2. Because of this, storm hits a higher proportion of units in the sc2 zerg's army than in sc1. The same can be said for other splash attacks such as tanks/colossus. In general, splash is pretty much double the effectiveness against zerg in sc2 because of this reason. seiphRis3 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Zile's Guide to Zerg! EDIT: I have a new guide available at this address: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/540695670?page=1#18 which is in my opinion more informative than this. If you are interested, feel free to check it out and ask any questions you may have over there! Wow! These forums are abuzz with calls to action, bitter Zerg tears and cries of imbalance. Don't worry, I'm not here to flame. I'm not even concerned with you. If you want to spend your CD-Key whining on the Battle.net forums, good on ya. I know plenty of WoW players that do the same thing and they seem to enjoy it. For those people that actually come to the Zerg forums to learn about playing Zerg, This post will serve to transfer everything I have accumulated in my Zergy brain to you, should you desire it. I'm a rank 5 Diamond and I haven't played any race but Zerg in all of SC2 (aside from the campaign, of course!) and for about 3 years in SC1. Now I'm no "prosu" (I'm not even Korean!) But I can certainly hold off some of the standard BS my fellow Zergies run into (and perhaps lose to) every day. Before we get into that, lets go over some of the basic strengths and weaknesses of the Zerg race. Not to be a Debby-Downer, but we'll do weaknesses first. 1) WEAKNESSES: -We have low HP! :( -We sacrifice workers to build things :( -We get harassed super-duper easily :( -We has no cliff walk (resulting in above) :( PHEW. I feel depressed. How about you? At least that's out of the way. Now to the good stuff! 2) STRENGTHS: -We have high damage :) -Our stuff is CHEAP :) -We are ADAPTABLE :) -We can harass SUPER DUPER EASILY :) -We have obscene army mobility :) As you can clearly see, we have one more strengths than weaknesses; so we're doing okay. Wouldn't you agree? I thought so. Now the basics rules of Zerg: 1) Economy!: ALWAYS ALWAYSSSSSSSSSS pay attention to your economy! We sacrifice drones to build stuff that kills things and in a given game you will sac something between 20-40 drones. That's TWO MINERAL LINES worth! So PAY ATTENTION. If your mineral line looks low, fill it up! 2) The Larvae is life!: As the game progresses you are going to go through units like Paris Hilton goes through boyfriends. If you are actively expanding willy-nilly, larvae will be your major unit-creating bottleneck. I would suggest 2.5 hatcheries per harvesting mineral line AT THE LEAST. Also... 3) The Queen!: These chicks ROCK. Do not be bereft of a queen. Not only will a queen pretty much give you an extra hatchery for half the price, she is an INVALUABLE (that means very valuable, for all you English newbs) defensive unit that can keep you swimming in larvae, creep and serve as a valuable asset for healing your more expensive units (i.e. mutas/broods/ultras should you get that far) should you have enough. I suggest about 1 per hatchery not to exceed 4 or 5. 4) MAKE CREEP. Zerg are the ONLY race that shouldn't be saying "Hey I didn't see that coming." You know why? Creep gives you vision. ISN'T THAT NEAT? MAKE SOME. If you made queens like I told you, you can easily spawn larvae and then spawn creep tumors on your downtime. Tumors are neat little buggers. Each tumor can create another tumor, on and on into infinity. I've had games where I've literally covered the map in creep before killing my opponent. Not because I can, (I really can) but because it's just so EASY. and FUN. and USEFUL. Have you ever got caught by a surprise unit drop/warp in? NOW YOU WON'T. Neat, huh? It's like having Xel'Naga towers for free. All you have to do is remember where your active tumors are so you can spawn more tumors (each tumor can only spawn once) IF YOU DECIDE TO GET REALLY CRAZY AND PUT OVERLORDS IN THE AIR SPACES WHERE YOU CANT SPAWN CREEP, YOU WILL PROBABLY ALWAYS KNOW WHAT YOUR OPPONENT IS DOING AT ALL TIMES. 5) Have a varied army. I've read way too many posts on here about "oh noe my muta mass got killed by thor mass." Duh? If you didn't waste all your money on mutas and bought some hydras/infestors/lings/ whatever to go with that mess you'd be a-alright. Also consider the hydralisk. He's a high damage EXPENSIVE unit (by Zerg standards) that really needs a tank to be effective. If you're running with hydras you need about 3 to 4x as many zerglings/infested terrans/trash mobs/whatever to keep them happily shooting spines and also not dying. 6) Always advance your tech! EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO USE IT. Always keep your options open. Advancing tech costs practically nothing in this game and if you see your opponent with something that requires broodlords to crack, well aren't you glad you planned ahead with that greater spire? Zile274 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 So when HOTS comes out.... So lets say they give us lurkers in HoTS? do you think they will remove banelings or no?Infested13 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 overlord speed srsly should be 50/50 after they reduced the cost of stim and combat shields to 100/100 cust it was too much.... yet hydra range is 150/150 to give their 80health tier2 units 6 range when marauders already start with that at tier1 and 125hp taketobreak10 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 I'm Glad Blizzard released the game Early /title I'd rather the game out earlier with a few balance issues then waiting a year. SC1 was imba for a long time. In Bronze league, balance issues don't really come up yet, you're just bad.Belial11 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 You don't know what you got til its gone... Looking back at starcraft 1, i would KILL to have some Defilers or scourge back in my army.. and thinking of their abilities seems a little overpowered now.. which makes me think how was it balanced back then lol.. what i'd give for a defiler... 3 zerglings could kill an MM ball...mm...good days..Preston0 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 The moment you've all been fearing... Terran forums: title is "i was wrong mutalisks arent OP! ... They're starting to realize that they have OTHER win buttons that arent "T". They're getting smarter....CarlSagan42 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Zerg need AA early game. Toss have stalkers which are better than hydras and cost less and easy to get. Teran have the most op unit in the entire game marines.. we have hydras which are awful hard to get and cost to much. My fellow zerg players either roaches need to hit air or hydras replace roaches respectfully making hydras less powerful.Nephets8 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 No seriously... how do you beat teran as zerg M and m and m destroys everything! Lets look tons of lings.. nope.. roaches... OH HEY MARAUDERS hydras OH HEY EVERYTHING Mutas.... I HIT T LOLOLOL -.- infestors WOOT FUNGAL GROWTH!! YEAAA....... oh wait there getting healed.. alright so thats all tier 2 tier 3 zerg the only thing i can think of is brood lords by the time u get those ull have maybe 2 and hell have 30 marins 10 marauders 8 meds thats a huge PCE its so easy teran it blows my mind NERF marauders to the ground.Nephets11 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Hardist units to kill last couple days i seem to be having issues with those void rays they are a royal pain in the extractor and it seems every protoss players uses them im not complaining just seems unless i have upgrades at least 1/0 on a type of unit or have corruptor's if left unchecked they are a problem! Segmenter5 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 I hate lifting off buildings Never get in a base race with terran. They'll just lift off all their buildings and you will lose cuz zerg has 2 units to attack land and air.Clonosaurus13 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Me vs Diamond toss, what did I do wrong? http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79440-1v1-protoss-zerg-steppes-of-war Hey guys, anyone mind critiquing this replay? Criticisms are wanted, bashing isn't. I had this toss locked down in his base, but his mass stalker army was mobile enough to chase off my mutas AND deny expansions. The only real mistake I think I've made is engaging his superior force with my ultra/muta/ling, but asides from that, any more?Dragon4 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Thor rush Hello guys, I just had a pretty annoying game vs a terran who rushed to Thors, I could handle a few but he kept pumping them so I got oblitered. Here's the replay: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79116-1v1-terran-zerg-desert-ardent I'm only a gold player, yes I suck, I admit it. That being said, I'd like to know what I could have done differently to counter this. I didn't scout enough mainly because I suck at scouting a walled terran. Thanks for your help Fallen.Fallen15 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 WHY do zerg have to suffer? Let me start by saying I love Zerg and I continue to play them, but right now there is a crazy frustration level of competing against skilled Protoss and Terran players that can only be due to unaddressed aspects of the race. After reading many forums I disagree with many of the imbalance issues but there are some things that I would like to address: Problem: Zerg just lacks special abilities. WHY? In BW this made sense, because they could mass so fast that they were unstoppable. Terran had scan and tanks and stim, and Prot had just pure strength of units to balance this so that they can counter a massing zerg. Now, with warp gates, Chrono Boost and Reactors the other races can mass. Where's zergs counter to compete? Terran still have their SUPER-abilities (scan, repair, siege tanks, stim, nuke) combined with new ones (snipe, MULE, extra supplies, raise/lower Supply D, flying/transporting medics, Point Defense Drone) AND they can mass like zerg. Zerg have special counters for certain situations but there's many holes where we just can't. (MMM balls, Marine heavy mech, Mid-game mass stalker colossi) Resolution: A lot of these abilities should have been Zerg, but too late now. Our only hope is a total overhaul in HotS. Problem: Banelings. WHY? Now don't get me wrong, I love banelings. But there only good in a very small situation (namely, burrowed under marines). Yes, they are good in ZvZ as well. But the major issues are that they are completely unless against Protoss and they are easily kited. If you've ever had your bling kited by marines or just killed en route to marines (even with C. Hooks), you have experienced the pull-your-hair out frustration that us zerg players have to deal with. Terran gets Reapers, (super fast cliff jumping mega harassers) and Zerg gets Sentries (With 3 super beneficial and game changing abilities). We get blings, a big waste of minerals that are really only good vs lings, hydras and marines. Resolution: Give C. Hooks to them innately, and give them a +shield damage bonus so they factor in vs Protoss. Problem: No Dark Swarm? WHY Terran get Point Defense Drones (which I never even see them use) and Protoss get Guardian Shields. These are pretty much the best thing that could have happened to zerg and its in the hands of our competition, even though it was a Zerg ability in BW. Resolution: Give Dark Swarm (or a similar ability) to Infestors, or Corruptors (they need a little bit more usefulness, particularly when the massive units are dead. I'd also like to see another ability for them, particularly some way to attack ground via spell), the QUEEN (if her movement nerf was removed) or even just a new unit. SpaceyCasey18 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Replace hydra range with speed. hydras are a tier 2 unit but they only get 5 range? all the other comparable units have 6 range (marauder, stalker). Its stupid that their only upgrade is range which is only to make them viable where marauders get slow and stim pack and stalkers get blink. Hydras should start with 6 range and have a speed upgrade instead.Jamie11 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Any decent way to take out MMM + Ravens? Lately the T's I've gone against have come at me with the usual MMM ball, but they have also been consistently adding Ravens, thereby defeating the only defense against the ball that I'm aware of. Scanning every choke was bad enough, but now I lose all my blings no matter where I place them or how frequently I rotate their positions. I can't take out the frikkin raven(s) without losing virtually every Muta I have (also ensuring defeat). Besides, even if I take out the ravens they just -losing all my mutas to their Thors- they just hang out waiting for replacements. Attempting to rush the ball is suicide, usually costing me every ling I have for a very minor gain, and it never slows them down. I know this has been around for a while, I just can't seem to find anything productive to do in this situation. Thoughts? rtsfailure4 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 I feel like banelings.... Kinda put us behind, I know I know they are "the" counter to terran. Because right now vs terran: Roaches are useless because of Marauders. Hydras get Blown away to Quickly, so we wont be building those. So it's Lings/Mutas/Infestors/Ultras mainly. + banelings. but early on, banelings end up adding up to alot of gas, especially for a unit that suicides, whereas Marines (what they hard counter) only cost minerals. So essentially every baneling costs 50 minerals and 25 gas. Which......adds up. I dunno I just always felt like when you get alot of them you BURN through gas, I mean morphing 10-12 banelings is a good amount of gas. Dont get me wrong they still are GOOD, but ......they feel expensive.Infested6 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 17 ultras(literally) lose ground battle Not a @#%*%ing thread, these guys my partner and i have a great unit comp. This is a fun game in which i play terrible, dont scout expand a ton and build a billion ultras. Enjoy if youd like. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79464-2v2-terran-protoss-zerg-war-zone Chesmuffin6 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Bronze Zerg (Replay Critique) Just looking for some Critiques on replays. Obviously not the best quality games and there will be mistakes (a lot of them). I'm looking for all critiques, from "you sux bronze" to "Things you did well: ... Things you failed at: ..." Thanks in Advance. =) ~K Replays: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79471-1v1-protoss-zerg-lost-templetheKore3 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 What are your checked 1v1 maps as Zerg? Give: Map - Reasoning Wish I could check more than 3 but mine are, Kulas Ravine - Trash map, too many harassing exploit points. Desert Oasis - See above. Delta Quardant - See above. ZerOsAndOnEs28 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 How do you bust turtles? in a lot of my recent matchups vs terran and protoss, I see a lot of 2 base turtle, in which I cant bust, get drawn out until they mass a 200/200 army and then win. simple 1 base ramp wall off prevents everything but a bling bust. but, these are quite all in as you take a severe econ hit if you wish to do it quick and without them scouting. most of the time, they can just let you bust the wall but keep marines/zealots away from the ramp which kills whatever lings you try to rush in. instead of a bling bust, i have a build for quick 6-10 roaches which fail simply because i lose way too many units trying to bust the ramp (if the fight were out in the open, i would win that fight). then the use of siege tanks or cannons allows for an expansion which is plenty for a terran or protoss to get a max army with. at this point i expand with a ridiculously small defense group (maybe a spine crawler and 6 lings) and everything else into tech and drones until i have 2 fully saturated bases. then while im massing whatever army i decide to use, the air harass begins. hydras on creep do very well, but if i ever expand to a spot without a creep highway, it will fall. if i spread out my overlords, i generally have to bring them bask to my base so they dont get needlessly sniped. i have tried to get mutas to control the air (and do it nicely), but they can do nothing to the turtle as there are generally an excess of turrets and cannons with roaming marines and stalkers (this also prevents roaches and infestors from sneaking in). nydus networks are nice, but with a nice spread of tanks or cannons, rarely does it work. the best unit for busting turtles is easily the broodlord, but even with 3 bases, the gas usage is usually so high, i cant afford units for AA support or the opponent reaches their 200/200 army before any significant damage can be done. i am simply wondering if there are any windows to bust the turtle, or even just to harass the opponent, that doesnt rely on them messing up on their relatively simple strat. i know suiciding overlords works so scouting isnt a big issue here.Fduct16 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 If i was this Zerg player i would cry i felt bad for this guy after watching this, truly shows how imbalanced Terran is. (HD starcraft commentary) http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft#p/u/4/1NAszqrp3aw (Part 1/3) Dont get me wrong, bratOK showed GREAT gameplay on his T side, he really represents the T using the most micro intensive style(unlike most terran). Same with mondragon, he showed some great gameplay but in the end i think it just came down to Marauders and mules that won the game for BratOK MuppetMan7 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Question for Diamond Players I've noticed that the 7pool is pretty popular for ZvZ, what do you think about this? Lir7 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 what is the best way to get into a base? most of my losses r from getting massed. this happens cuz I can't get into their base to even scout once toss or Terran get their defenses up. broodlords gets in but takes time and u need a lot of anti air going with them. u can't burrow in cuz the front is blocked with tanks and detectors behind he wall. blings just get shot down before u even get close. WTF can I do? just mass spine crawlers and spores in my base so they can't get in either? expanding doesn't help cuz at any moment they can send out a few fliers to check out what's going on. I wish broodlords could burrow and move or something to get around better with. would be cool to see them diving in and out too. Shack4 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Zerg. It's what's for dinner! Alright you meat eaters out there. I know you've thought about what exotic game and might be out there in the universe. If you could make a meal out of any Zerg strain, what would it be and why? Personally, I could see a diluted version of the baneling's acid going very well as a hot sauce.Mike7 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Make Infestors less onoxious (Size/color) This is kind of nit picky, and may not make a big difference, but Infestors are our most important (and only) caster, and are crucial to victory in most battles. They are also very squishy with low health and basically die instantly if you dont protect them perfectly. All that considered why did blizzard make them so obnoxious?!?!?! They are HUGE, really silly looking with a massive ass that is glowing a rediculous color like some giant purple neon firefly or something. Seriously, the enemy can see that *%%@ from a mile away. My recommendation? Make them smaller and less idiotic looking, and *%@* neural parasite its absolutely useless. We want dark swarm. And lurkers. Word.Xlord15 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 My First 2v1 Victory! I feel pumped! Check out my first 2v1 victory after my noob teammate bailed one me! After some heated trolling in game about how OP Terran are and that I'm probably going to lose if the guy has HALF a brain I actually outproduce him and win! This is my first Upload as well as thread like like this! Appreciate any critiquing and feedback to what I could've done better to ensure a swifter victory! For the swarm! Replay Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wccgvj3gjz8i7o0 (there no virus or malware or that junk! I dont even know how to do that stuff lol!)Bloodthunder2 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 ZvT Replay High Gold - Interesting Match I just had a very intense match against a Terran player that I thought for sure I was going to get steam rolled by (again). However, I implemented some different strategies and the outcome was much better. This match involves a turtling terran who techs up to mech, harasses early with hellions, and attempts several mm drops. The reason why I think zerg players should watch this replay is because it has almost every strategy from terran that zerg players hate: Hellions, MMM balls, Siege Tanks, and Thors. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79453-1v1-terran-zerg-steppes-of-warHydrogenHum0 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 How do i use Ultras properly? if a game gets that far anyways they're in the game for a reason but i just don't know how to make them useful and when... most maps they get stuck and can't move around properly and by the time they position up are blown to bits any tips on how to use them? or what unit pairing is best? thanksGuitarZero15 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 How do I counter this (ZvT)? So I just got to silver and have been losing a lot. I'm having trouble adjusting to the new difficulty level and pulling myself up by my bootstraps for an occasional win. So I scout this terran at 10 supply and it looks like he's going MMM. Naturally, I start morphing some of my speedlings into banelings, but when I send another ling to scout, I realize he has tanks all over the goddamn place and the baneling bust would be useless. I then tech up to mutas (I already had Lair for Centrifugal Hooks and Burrow). By the time I have a sizable force of mutas, he has two thors defending his base. At this point, I think I may be able to sit back and build up my forces, while he starves on one base. I send lings to all the mineral patches just to make sure, and he hasn't expanded once, not even to his natural. Since this was on Lost Temple, I also send a muta to check each of the islands. Oh, he expanded. He took the top island, and it was covered in turrets. What?! How can I stand up to that without massing broodlords?! I can't drop units because the overlord would be shot down in a heartbeat, and there wasn't enough room to make a nydus worm (and how could I maintain vision for it?). I decide to simply mass banelings for awhile, taking the high yield nearest me. I thought I could bust through his main if I had enough banelings. I teched up to Hive for ultras to better defend against the thors and try to mop up any other bases he might make, and decide to also make a few broodlords to soften up his base. My roving mutas reveal that he has also expanded into his natural now. There are two thors waiting at the entrance, as well as turrets all around. The cliffs, of course, are lined with siege tanks. By the time I get four broodlords ready, he has battlecruisers waiting for me! What!? I try spawning corrupters but I can't make enough in time. As he presses into my base, my feeble mutas and growing force of corrupters are destroyed. I surrender. What could I have done? I was ahead on macro the whole time, I had more resources, more drones, more bases! I tried countering every unit he had, I tried everything I could think of! What way was there for me to win? I want to get better and advance up the ladder, but this sort of sours my desire to play.Famine1 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 What ticked *HIM* off? http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79426-1v1-protoss-zerg-lost-temple So I just played a ZvP - it was a nice custom match. I wasn't playing an ACE game or anything, but I played a fairly decent match, going for a macro+muta harass style of play. But for some reason my opponent was extraordinarily offended and showed really bad manner at the end. If I had 6pooled, I'd expect that kind of vitriol . . .but I by all standards played a very straight-up game. . . . any idea why he was so pissed? -AHMADKingOfBlades3 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 why is it okay for terran's tier 1 to Shut down all zerg tier 1 and tier 2? Marauders and marines counter everything Zerg can make in tier 1 and 2, and I have no counter for theirs. Marines counter zerglings and hydras and mutas while marauders counter hydras and roaches and buildings. Completely unfair. Drune22 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Tier 2/3 creep/queen buff Not sure if this was in the creative buffs thread while some of this was in alpha I believe... Would it be cool if when reaching Lair and Hive tech, if the Queen got passively stronger with spells or damage and that creep would provide regen and be poisonous? You know, an incentive to make enemies think twice about going in your territory or to make up for lack of units. Input. NOW!Billy5 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Any tips? I'm tired of waiting for blizzard to nerf terran so I can play it without feeling bad about my wins. And TvTs are so frustrating that I feel like nuking the opponents house. So I was thinking of playing around with zerg, anyone have some tips? Fargoth1 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 This game made me smile a bit . SLush vs Silver on Caverns. http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/admin/a_replays.php?dl=37042 IdrA would approve this. Loved SLush's reaction at the end.Nevy10 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Give the next player who posts a tip. Let's help everyone else in the Zerg forum. Give the next poster a Zerg tip, or an overall play tip that will ultimately help them as a whole. Let's start out simple : always be scouting. Send your 9th Drone out to scout the Enemy and hide in a corner and check out their base in a few minutes to get more intel. Don't worry about the opportunity cost, it is way better than losing to a cheese.Interception66 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 An Interesting thought Allow queens to attack/use tranfuse while burrowed. Could help with base defense and essential queen longevity. OrionHunter1 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Spawn Larva Hey, remember back in the day where you'd be playing an early shooter game, and you'd run out of bullets and the game would be all like, "PRESS R TO RELOAD!!!". Notice how nowadays you don't have to do that anymore? The games will reload for you when you run out of bullets. Of course the option is still there for you to reload whenever you want if your strategy permits it, so it really doesn't change much besides making games more accessible to newer players. At competitive levels, people didn't make the mistake of not reloading when they ran out, so automatically doing this didn't effect that level of play. Well, why are we forced to remember to spawn larva all the time? If there was an auto-cast spawn larva option, it would vastly increase the accessibility of the zerg race to newer players.. Being an option, experienced players wouldn't have to use it if they wanted to save energy for transfusion or creep tumors. It doesn't change the balance of the game in any way whatsoever. Also, since there IS a cap on the number of larva a hatchery can have, players would still be wasting the ability if they couldn't remember to produce from them fast enough. What was blizzard's logic for not including this? It makes you have to look back at your base sometimes to keep up with macro, akin to protoss chrono boost or terran mules? For lower levels of play, chrono boost and mules make all the difference early on, when you're mostly looking at your base anyway. Later in the game I can often forget to use them since I'm either producing faster than I can afford to (as protoss) or have so many minerals stockpiled that the extra bonus from mules doesn't help me whatsoever (as terran). If I'm zerg, forgetting to spawn larva can often cost me the game, since it becomes extremely difficult to rebuild zerg's patented expendable armies fast enough. I already have enough trouble figuring out how to balance when to make drones and when to make attacking units and always end up with extreme amounts of stockpiled minerals mid-game. A pro player doesn't run into these problems, of course, but then again adding the option to autocast spawn larva WOULDN'T EFFECT THEM ONE BIT. So they should have nothing to complain about.GlaielGamer4 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 Retweaking Contaminate from Overseers I think overseer's contaminate can be rework. By contamination can disable structure from producing/ability but,also drains certain amount energy over time from the structure as well. Or Overseers contaminate cast over a large that last 15-30 secs that drains energy per second from standing on it but causes no damage. Agree? Disagree?NNN21 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 scouting problems. hey guys im new to the forums and is looking for some help with my scouting. i usually scout around 10 supply when i get my ovie, or earlier depending on the map size, i get in my opponents base and (for toss) i usually see a gateway and 2 pylons! that means infinite build possibiltys! and b4 u ask i do scout later, but by then its usually unscuccesful.Ebonysteel1 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 ZvP High Platinum Quick Match http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79172-1v1-protoss-zerg-blistering-sands#rd:dna Anyone have any advice for me on how to iprove my ZvP? its currently my most difficult matchup and has been giving me a hard time.Fallonar9 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 New Idea: Zerg Cerebrate I have an idea that could make Zerg very... Zerg-like once again. I just want to say that this is an idea, not necessarily a suggestion. So don't get all fanboy rage on me so quickly. Also, this is just to convey an idea. This is not to specifically measure every word I say as the end all be all of the concept. The idea: New unit/building--The Zerg Cerebrate How it works: Zerg can build a building (likely at teir 2 and teir3) that can give an aura-effect to the Zerg army while on the creep. This building, much like in SC1 campaign, is stationary. So if it is killed, then it causes the Zerg army to lose any aura effects while on creep. To anyone who is saying, "WHAT! this is the worst idea ever!" I say, what do you think the Zerg creep is? It already adds 30% speed to zerg units on the creep. This would merely add even more importance to the Zerg player's ability to spread the creep. What would these aura effects be? I think it would be most Zerg-like to have a slightly increased health and health regeneration. This would add an extra layer to the Zerg game that would make terran and protoss players have to seek and kill the Cerebrate if they wish to make the Zerg player lose his aura effect. Or they could simply kill creep tumors to negate the effect. You might also see Zerg players trying to hide their cerebrate in interesting places on the map using teir2 overlord creep. ChimTheGrim22 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 This is how you piss off protoss! http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79214-1v1-protoss-zerg-steppes-of-war Funny stuff.Flestiraef6 Sep 13, 2010
Sep 13, 2010 How to : ZvT - Bonus : Playing Terran! Zerg : Efficiently micro, and macro the whole game, with no mistakes. Correctly place creep all over the map, while the Terran player turtles. Don't forget to use your Spawn Larvae! An Orbital Command is extremely superior, so you have to make sure you use your cool-downs whenever possible, or you will lose. Terran : Make seige tanks around base. Spawn Ravens when needed. Make your MMM ball. If you lose your mineral line workers, just use your 200/200 Orbital Command energy to match the Zerg's Drone army.Interception0 Sep 13, 2010