Zerg Discussion

Sep 12, 2010 Infested Terran... Gimmicky? I thought Infested Terran were sweet for a long time but I've come to realize they're little more than a gimmick. I never see them in high level replays. Are Infested Terran legit or a gimmick? Any thoughts? OrionHunter17 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Orbital Command Centers: To the newbs that QQ Prior to complaining about how MULEs, or scan, is not fair... Consider the following which I, for your illiterate, unable to think much minds, will try to say as simply as possible: To the Protoss: You make a gateway or a pylon? your probe is off the mineral line for 2 seconds and than goes right back to it. Our scv has to manually build the building, so now... We lose an scv... But what if we are walling off? or doing 3 rax? We now lose in the range of 2-4 scvs, off of our mineral line, cause they are building buildings, which cost THE SAME as yours. Thus the MULE, replaces those SCVs... Although you have Chronoboost, which effectively allows you to make 2 probes in the time we make 1 SCV, the only difference is, your probes are not busy building structures and not mining. This justifies our MULEs for the protoss. To The Zerg: Your extractors cost 25 minerals, and hatcheries cost 300, while toss and terran extractors(assimulators and refineries) cost 75, and nexus and C.C. cost 400. With 2 bases(2 hatcheries) you can effectively produce 14 drones at ONCE. While terran on 2 bases can make 2 SCVs at once, and toss can make 4 probes in the time we make 2 scvs. I wont go further, because that right there already fully justifies our MULEs. MULE Conclusion: To take away our MULEs, and leave you guys as it is... Would be a MAJOR setback for the Terran race economically. Regarding the SCAN ability: Protoss have photon cannons, which attack ground, AND act as detectors. You also have a much quicker and less expensive tech to mobile observers. When we terrans only have turrets(excluding scan) and they dont attack ground, and are very costly when considering that, they are rendered useless unless you go air, in whch case, we DONT need detection. Our tech tree to observers(in our case Ravens), is also, ALOT MORE costly than yours. So without scan, we would either A) Lose to a simple DT rush, or B) Be set back on army because we were too busy making an engineering bay, to make turrets @ our choke and mineral line (in the case you wanted to use a warp prism to drop DTs). To the Zerg: You complain that we get to scan you... you have creep, which are burrowed and cannot be seen by us unless we have a detector or scan to kill the creep tumors, which effectively gives you a GREAT deal of map control since we cannot build on creep and also gives you vision across the map with your creep. Also, you have the fastest tech to detector, and mobile overlords, which enables you for easy scouting and easy detection. Every time we use scan, we fall behind in the economical race. Conclusion: If you take my MULE explanations, and combine it with the scan explanations, you will CLEARLY see that every time we scan, we fall behind on ECONOMY, as well as the fact that if we dont scan, and use a MULE, and you send a DT at that point, we now have a 60 second window of threat at which point we have 0 detection. So I would like to say, please STFU about the orbital CCs at the very least... I mean here is what you complain about: Battlecruisers Tanks Marauders Marines Medivacs Orbital CCs SCV Health(in which case your probes/drones auto regenerate, our SCVs dont, unless we repair which costs minerals and a 2nd scv to be pulled off of the mineral line) Its getting ridiculous already... Oh and 1 more thing, which none of you newbs can deny, i see you ALL taking advantage of the fact that our SCVs BUILD our buildings by attacking them when u scout, causing us to once AGAIN, get more economically behind by taking a 2nd scv to STOP your scout from killing our builder effectively slowing down our build. What I find funny however is that, as I browse through all of your QQ posts, I notice that the main people complaining, are still in TOO LOW of ranks to really know what they are talking about, yet you sit there and whine all day long, instead of simply thinking "Hmmm, PERHAPS I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG" So to all my trolls out there: If you cant learn 2 play, go back to playing warcraft, or whatever you played prior to this, you have wasted $59.99, because all the players I play with, dont complain about nearly 90% of the crap you complain about.DTank42 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Bored of Watching Macrofest? Watch ACTION GG http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78504-1v1-protoss-zerg-lost-temple Highest APM, I've ever gotten. Was doing so much it was overwhelming at times and I almost GG'd early on but I decided to keep playing.Jeonyboy4 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Grid or hotkeys? What setup do you all use? i just switched over to grid getting use to T click instead of A clickMidKniter11 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Well I made a thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939643-starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/56335646 Not many people believed my cause...I'm random, and honestly, the Thor and Ultra effectiveness is way far apart... Thors are better in pretty much every aspect...what do Ultras have? Albedo2 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Mass thor counter? What do you to attack this? Terran walls up, gets seige tanks, so I go for mutas but he actually macroed and expanded twice ( I never see this so I wasn't expecting it ). Anyway, long story short, he gets like 10+ thors. Do zerg have a decent counter? Doesn't seem like mutas work that great even with magic box.Clonosaurus18 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Changes for the Changeling (lol) Seriously though, changelings stick out like a sore thumb, and I'm a terran player so I'm definitely unbiased mentioning this. What makes them obvious is simply the fact that they can not be commanded by the enemy player. If the enemy player could select and command the changeling, it would make them so more useful for reconnaissance of the enemy army's movements. The only way that he could tell that the changeling was there is if he clicks it directly, or of course when it explodes into a cloud of goo.USMCforever5 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 question about charts Here's a 5 part account of the last game I played: ... Underlined is my score. This basically says: 1. Average Unspent Resources: My opponent was spending his money 50% slower than me. 2. Resource Collection Rate: I collect money 25% faster than he does. 3. Workers Created: I create 118 workers to his 18. 4. Units Trained: I made 275 more units. 5. Total resource score: My 17,400 to his 12,500. I win. Except for I didn't win. Our battle was my hydras to his marines/reapers/tanks. Even though I collected money faster, spent it faster, created more units, and went way beyond his total resources, i had no chance. Does this seem off to anyone else? Am I just reading these scores wrong? I'm not a great player but this seems like it's relatively a great disparity.kaikai2 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 5RR question I have been practicing the 5RR opening against protoss and had a question about the timing and how well it actually works. Through practice im getting to wear im putting the roach warren down at about the 3:30-3:40 mark and first roaches are being created at about 4:45 to begin attacking shortly after the 5 minute mark. However, even on medium ai, they can already have 2-3 zealots and 2-3 stalkers which makes me assume a decent player or harder ai could have several more troops. Is the 5 minute mark to slow to begin the roach attack or is ai just faster at early armer and slower at teching making rushing a little more challenging?Hypoxic9 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 RATE this ZvP replay 1-10 with comments http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78484-1v1-protoss-zerg-blistering-sands An outstanding play against Protoss if I do say so watch this replay and rate it 1-10. Include some comment/critique if you'de like. I highly recommend watching this it is some nice play.Mafezoli3 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 3 Builds that I have never beat There are 3 builds in SC2 that I have never beat as a Zerg player. 1. 5 Rax reaper 2. 2 Gate/Stargate into Phonenix. 3. All in 4-gate Today, I am proud to announce that one of these builds has been knocked off that list. I present to you, my first ever win against the 5 Barracks Reaper build, which I have more appropriately named, the Terran Mega EZ Win Mode LOLOLOL Build. Or TMEZWMLOLOLOL for short. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78310-1v1-terran-zerg-delta-quadrant EDIT: His rage at the very end made the whole game worth it and quite possibly made my day.inDefinite32 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 ZvP: the tech delay One problem that Zerg have in ZvP is that the Protoss player can block off most ramps and safely tech to Robotics or Stargate options before the Zerg player can reach an appropriate counter. By using the 9 supply scout, I can get in before any kind of wall-off is started and see the early build order. If I see a Cyber Core go down after the first Gateway and Chronoboost on the Nexus (saving Chronoboost could mean Warpgate rush and the scout would have to stay around longer), it is safe to assume the player is teching to Robotics or Stargate. By building an Extractor on the guyser with the scout, I can delay any kind of Void Ray or Immortal rush because running off one gas is not an option for producing either of those units. This forces the Protoss player to abandon their fast tech strategy completely or build Zealots to destroy the Extractor before continuing. Either way, the tech rush is delayed and the Zerg player has a safer environment to push in with Roaches or FE into higher tech options. The reason this does not work as well for Terran is that they have more openings that are less gas-intensive and can switch to one with little to no time lost. In addition, early Marines are usually incorporated into build orders that require both guysers, which can take out the Extractor before it becomes an issue.BallsOfSteel0 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Weird game ZvP So I know I'm not very good, but I'm still learning. But this was a weird game for me. I have been cannon rushed before but my opponent must have done something wrong. He ended up quitting the match because I was able to get Mutas and destroy his main. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78242-1v1-protoss-zerg-desert-oasis So there is the replay. If some of you could give me some tips on what I could have done to prevent the rush, and IF there was anything I did right. Also, what to do if the Protoss already surrounded you with cannons. Thank You :-)Saga2 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 5 games 5 losses - help? So I just played a series of 5 games against a friend of mine who plays Terran (ZvT). I lost all 5 games in this series. HARD. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78166-1v1-terran-zerg-blistering-sands http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78167-1v1-terran-zerg-blistering-sands http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78168-1v1-terran-zerg-lost-temple http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78169-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78170-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns There was one or two where it's like "meh, could handled the harass a bit better" But for the most part I was just way too far overmatched for macro ability. I want to ask for advice and help on where I could have done better. A FEW THINGS: 1.) Please do not comment TOO much on the lack of map awareness/scouting. I normally would spare a few extra lings/ ovies to get that map awareness, but since I alreayd kind of knew his playstyle it wasn't necessary. Only comment on it if you can show me a way in which having that would have actually saved my ass/helped. 2.) In most/all of the games I had 10-12 extra workers compared to him, and yet the graphs and replays show that our income during the game is identical the entire time. I know my econ was solid and will only change that if someone can demonstrate why that solid econ cost me the game and how to win without it. NO QQ'ers ALLOWED! First person I hear say "terran OP" gets my blind eye turned towards them. And yes, I know it's the mules that make it happen. 3.) I believe in learning from those who know more than me rather than turning to those who ostensibly know less/can't play as well. As such If you are below Platinum league and want to say "You should have done X" or "If you did 'Y' you'd have been okay" please weigh your words carefully and be sure you're not just making stuff up as you go along. I'm sure you're right about stuff -but please realize that I might just know what you're saying already, seeing as to how I too was a bronze, gold, and platinum player on my way to getting into diamond league. 4.) While pointing out individual micro-mistakes is nice, its also not something that I can't tell for myself that I did. If however you have something to say about my direction-of-play and micro (ie: "When you see his vikings coming and you clustered your queens at your expo, that was an error of judgment, you should have kept them spread out) I'd be more than happy to learn from that. For the most part I felt that I made decent tactical decisions these games. (Except going for the rocks on blistering sand with banelings, I WAYY overestimated how much damage they'd do, and going for his front door would have won me that match. Thanks! -AHMADKingOfBlades3 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 How to one base for wayyyy to long http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78445-1v1-zerg-desert-oasis ZvZ, my Queen/Hydra nydus against his mass mutas.. I seriously could have won this, but learned something in losing... Even though I knew he was massing air and I could counter it I was worried about trading armies and thus not eXpanding.. Can't do that, obviously.Flestiraef2 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Mutalisks are OP Mutalisks are fine except for their splash damage. They have decent power to take on almost every unit without a problem. But the splash is unfair. Especially the pheonix's because the pheonix's do not deal nearly enough damage as mutas and are falling victim to the splash effect which gives them less of a chance to kill mutas. Its like saying Vikings have their normal attack, but also throw beer bottles out the window to do half the damage as their rockets. Its just unfair. IMHO ofcourse generalshame18 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Looking for Zerg Tutor... I am looking for an advanced zerg player to play some games with me to give me tips on how to better my game, I use skype and steam so we can voice chat too. Any help at all would be great, please leave a post if your interested.Valbrand30 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Banelings. Baneling is _______ Banelings is Ridiculous with mass. Fill it in.. Discuss.ETHEREAL2 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 When should I expand? Ok, so here is my strategy. I 9 pool. Get a bunch of zerglings to fend off an early rush. Tech up quickly to lair. Its then that I normally expand, because after that, I get a spire down, and I morph in Mutalisks, alot of them.And then I use every mineral and gas I can on units, so that is why I expand then Along with some broods to take down the base and some corruptors to take out BC,Carriers,Phenixes, I hardly lose. Though depsie my win I usually suffer from losing or almost losing my expo hatchery. Of ocurse, I reinstall, get down a third. Attack his base from a position that his mobile forces ca't reach my broods, and win. I wanted to know if their was something I could change to prevent losing my expansion like that. Even though I still win the game, it would be fun to prevent the loss of my expo. More zerglings? Expanding earlier/later? Also, Is there any units to add to my favorite trio (Mutas/Broods/Corruptors) ?MajorD20 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Hey guys So I've had a few players suggesting I switch to the Grid hotkeys. I have been using the Default hotkeys for a while now. Are there any benefits to switching to the Grid setup? Kisper6 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Best way for Zerg Harass? Only, I saw a perfect chance for harassing a Terran expansion, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I thought Banelings, but was worried I'd send too few and not cause enough damage (he was using a Planetary Fortress). I thought about Broodlords, but the guy had set up Missle Turrets so I couldn't get close. How would you take out a lightly guarded expansion quickly with minimal loss of life (except, of course, if banelings are involved)?Crimson8 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 I scout and see Vrays coming... what next? I cant get into base with units since he blocked himself in. And anything that is anit air or says its good against Vrays simply isnt against massed vrays. How to i stop them or my opponent frmo teching to them?Shack17 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 how to turn on health bars how to turn on health bars ?kanibobani7 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Win and loss ratio vs other races A guy posted his w/l ratio on another post and I spent a long time doing an analysis of my complete 1v1 match history and I thought it warranted a new thread. Some of you may find this interesting. Versus Zerg 12 wins/23 games = 52% Win Ratio Versus Protoss 12 wins/ 23 games = 52% Win Ratio Versus Terran 12 wins/21 games = 57% Win Ratio Total Games 36 wins/67 games = 54% Win Ratio I am very surprised by these results. I am surprised that I played against each race in a near even distribution (few of these opponentts were random probably). I was also surprised that I had the best win ratio vs. terran. I felt like I played more games vs. Zerg than anything else, at one point out of 8 consecutive games I played vs. Zerg 7 times, and at another point I played 4 games vs. Zerg out of 5 consecutive games. Other than these 2 streaks, the rest of the games are pretty evenly distributed. If anything, the analysis of my games supports that the races are about equally played. This causes one to raise an eyebrow at the scarce number of Z players in the top 200. The fact that I have approximately the same probability of winning against any race does not weaken the argument that Z is UP. Blizzard's matchmaking system ensures that each player should have about a 50% win ratio. Therefore, I could be a more skilled player being matched up with less skilled T and P players which would even the odds. Note: After placement matches I was placed in Bronze league and move up to Gold league before I had 10 games played. Most of these games are against Gold players, with some silver and platinum players. I encourage all of you to start a notepad, or an excel file, and track your personal stats.CaptainDes6 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Broodlords cost 300/250 A Carrier costs 350/250 and a Battlecruiser costs 400/300. I don't know about you but for that crazy cost I'd take the Battlecruiser/Carrier in almost every single situation. The only advantage Broodlords have is that they are built through Corruptors and thus are quicker to produce. Whenever I win a game with Broodlords it's only because I outresourced my opponent significantly and am just using them to crush his final strongholds.MisterMan12 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Should I Remain Zerg? I am a bronze player, yet I play mostly team. I have not actually recorded my exact APM, but I can tell it is extremely low. I lose quite a bit, but love to play zerg. However, constantly losing is discouraging me for. Practice is not really an option because I play about 4 hours a week. Should I continue to play zerg, or should I switch to a different race?moralfighter11 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 The climb to gold- Touchpad style. USB Broken Well, I've finally made #1 in my silver league, hopefully I'll be gold soon. I've got 219 games under my belt, 119 wins, 100 losses, all wins are as zerg. 875 points (I know different leagues mean different point totals and such) And I did all this, without a MOUSE! Muwhahahahahahahaahaa. All the USB ports on my laptop are busted, I actually sent it off to be repaired a few months after we got it, and they told us the only way to fiX it would be to replace the motherboard, which costs more than the laptop did by itself. - Added in for the hataz. Why? I'm broke, I go to college full time, work full time, my GF has 2 kids, so we can't afford another computer right now. I'm sure I could be doing maybe platinum by now (not sure about diamond), if I had a mouse and such, but hitting 1st in my silver league and hopefully being promoted to gold soon is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT to me... Since I've never played a single game of SC2 with a mouse.. End boast. Flestiraef44 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 950 Diamond Zerg, AMA In case you don't know, AMA stands for Ask Me Anything. I've got some time to burn right now (it's too early to get up and do anything), so I figured I'd see if anyone wants advice from a midrange Zerg. I am well aware that 950 isn't actually, good, but it is high enough that I feel confident that I can identify most of the more fundamental errors in lower-level play. Feel free to post replays as well, I'll look through them and give a running commentary of things I notice.Hyuk53 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 I can't seem to get by this Combo as Zerg I use Zerg and every now and then I find some combo that I have trouble with. Right now im having trouble with Arcons for one (before the arcons he had Light Templars ugh) and also Stalker/Mass Gates with Blink. These players will blink around my base and I can't seem to kill them off. I'll go to their base and they are loaded with cannons so it's hard to sneak infestor's or a Worm near there, and my Mutes always get owned by the stalkers blinking all over the place. And of course they move around with the invisible scouts that move pretty fast so they always see my invisible people and Overseers have trouble keeping up with my mutilisks. I guess my main question is, what can I do about mass stalkers blinking around me and my base and what's the best move if im wanting to get through or into a base that is blocked off by cannons. I need help, or I guess I just NEED to rush to have a chance against prtoss.Phatlord5 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 i am so sick of BC rush!!! Almost every terran in the silver league does this now. 4-5 seige tanks set up at their walled off choke, missle turrets ALL around their base, they 1-base it and just mass up 200/200 of BC's and vikings. Corrupters suck to much to take on that much BC's and vikings and mutas just plain suck against air. i tried massing hydras but those also got destroyed, i literally took every expo of the map and mass 200/200 of hydras and corrupter, then got owned by his mass of BC's how can i stop this?!!??!?!? im getting so sick of itMuppetMan12 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 i lol at his cheese so less than five minutes ago i got hit by the fast banshee cheese by a terranb an i smacked him for it :D i feel so proud of myself xDmistarut5 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Phoenix Mobility V. Z Still having trouble with this. I keep getting hydras due to its strength vs. Void and phoenix. Even then early the G beam is very strong and if I don't gather my overlords (who move like a turtle swimming in peanut butter) I dump loads of minerals into the remakes. Not to mention the time spent making overlords. Really need help V. this strat.Toothkiller2 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 [Help] ZvP Zerg Open vs Protoss So my friends have been zealot rushing me a lot lately... just sending 1 zealot, then 2-3, and continue up with the zealot rush nonstop, and i have been having a real hard time with it. Of course, there's not many opens we could do as zerg, so i was just doing my normal, safe build: 14 gas, 14 pool, queen, metabolic boost for ling speed, then fast expand at around 18-20. So in the end i end up with 2 queens which i use to spawn larvae and spread tumors, about 2-3 spread crawlers, and a handful of fast lings... but i feel that this is a bit too slow 'cuz his zealots are usually here before my crawlers are even up, or before i could have a sizable group of fast lings to defend my bases because with this build i was basically concentrating on dronning and building my econ. Should I maybe keep the same build: 14,14, with fast expand, but instead of getting fast lings first; get roach warren and get some roaches first? to defend in case if he rushes with zealots? 'cuz i only need a few roaches to fend off his zealot rush. In addition, with this, even if starts adding stalkers, i could just fast tech to mutas after my roach warren and the first 2-4 roaches, and get mutas fast... so if i see him sending a group of zealots + stalkers, i could probably just counter attack his base and force him to move back to his base to defend against my mutas (to keep him in his base a little longer) WHILE I get mass lings to properly counter the stalkers in his composition? so fast roach to fast mutas, to speed lings? this should allow me to properly macro up my base without having to worry TOO much about his harrase right? or building too much lings and end up taking away from my droning. SyrianRue4 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 I think its mandatory to get ultras/broodlord I played vs a Diamond lvl terran and this happened: I build zerglings, he massed hellions I build hydras (he had tanks, so no roaches for me), he massed thors I started making mutas, hoping to harrass his base and keep his forces locked in trying to protect his workers while I build up and expand. He just ignored the mutas, let all his workers die, took whatever forces he had and owned my army. Needless to say, I feel like I should just have ultras/broodlords before I even attempt at pushing or doing something that may lead to a base race.Dragon13 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Decent Build (But All In) Sure, I'll get some scrap for this. But I wanted to share a build that some of you may already know, but that has gotten me through some games relatively fast. NOTE: This really only works against Zerg and Protoss, since a large majority of Terran wall in, and they have Marines which can attack from the other side of their wall. It's not cheese, since they can scout it all they want on most maps and not be able to do anything fast enough to prevent it. 10 pool 10 OV Drone after OV for 11/18 Soon as Pool is done, 3 batches of lings to enemy base. Spawn Queen Batch of Lings Spawn OV Batch of lings + Inject Larva if/when Queen is up Make second hatch in base Spawn Lings Etc. It is a very all in build, but if they don't build static defense, they can't do anything about it. It can take me anywhere from 4 minutes to 8 minutes to win, depending on how well they defend the first few waves, but the idea is to pull back lings if needed and just wait for that critical mass number (maybe 30 ish, which you can get pretty fast) and run in. Even if all they do is try to counter it with T1 Units, (Zealots, Lings), if they are doing any relatively normal build they will be overrun with too many lings. Very all in, but pretty damn effective.dotZero8 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 Zerglings so fast wtf?? hi i have been playin sc2 for a few weeks. i play terran and usually steemroll ppl at a calm cool 30apm in most of my games;;; i go marine marauder medivac and skill my way 2 victory lots, i micro good etcc but recently i run into problems vs zerg playerss. i play against them n they bring out zerglings n give em superspeed. i can never catch them and they just run around and take my base down; how do i counter these guys?? i can never catch them with my marines, y make them so fast blizz?? wtf? help plz zerg.Prolific19 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 how come i didnt get points for winning match how come i didnt get points for winning matches . that is weird. ive played like 6 matches and won all of em. but it didnt give me any points i have already did placement too dats weirdkanibobani0 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 12, 2010 An extra Hatchery.... In one of my favored Z builds, a one base Roach rush, I found that I would have more minerals than I could spend, and could not pump out units fast enough. What I have been doing recently is building an extra Hatch, BW style, in my base shortly after my first expo (which comes after my second push with speedling roach). This has REALLY been helping me get the SWARM feel that Zerg is all about. If you have not tried this, I recommend it. Cheerschax15 Sep 12, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 When do you tech up as Zerg? I know some players who spend their second 100 gas on teching up, which seems to be a bit too early sometimes. And I know some players who won't tech to a lair until they actually see enemy units on the field that they need a tech up to beat. Then there are the people that tech up after they scout the enemy base and see a Robo Faci. or a Thor or two sitting around in the base. Wondering when a good time to tech up is. Any help would be appreciated =)Cidrionus3 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Niffty Trick With The Broodlord If you have say...5 broodlords and they are coming up with more marines than you think they can handle. Attack any of your own ground units (say 1 zergling) And the broods will make about 10 broodlings, then attack a single broodling with the 5 brood lords you'll end up with about 15 broodlings ready to fight for about 5-7 seconds Your army is now large enough to take on the army. =3!! BetrayedArk12 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 46minute zvt madness http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=148228 Not everyday you play a match this funNyfe4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Diamond vs Diamond zvz replay, need advice Since I've picked zerg it has been my favorite race. Sure I've had times where I'll lose and play terran for a game or two but I'm always drawn back to zerg. My only problem is zvz. Oh my, I would rather eat lead then play the speedling/banelings minigame where the first to tech to muta wins. I started 6 pooling a lot but I got annoyed at how I would beat every 14 pool and lose to every 10 pool. Generally people say muta/ling/bling is better than roach hydra in zvz because of the mobility issue of roach/hydra. So I took that and decided to play around with going roach/hydra with a bunch of nydus canals to get me the map control I need. This was my first time trying it and I was wondering if you guys have any feedback on how I could improve it. I won, but I think that's because he just spammed speedlings for almost the whole game. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78216-1v1-zerg-blistering-sandsmanrik6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 8 pools Are eight pools cheeseing? This has caused a lot of discussion among my friends...so is it?TheGoodLads19 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 spreadcreep+creep tumor I was wondering.. I'm at job right now so I can't test it but my coworkers and I were wondering if you could load a queen in an overlord. Reason for this is that we think that in a map like kulas ravine, where the middle is usually a pretty safe place when you push, could be used to block ground armies with spine crawlers. Since it takes quite a while to spread creep there, if you can load a queen in an overlord, puke creep in middle with that same overlord and then place a creep tumor with the queen you brought with you, it would mean you could virtually spread that creen anywhere you want in a short time. Our concern about this is siege tank and collossi range, but it buys time to effectively counter those. Any idea if that could be a good move depending on the map or wasted ressources? 'cause as a toss player I'm very scared of setting foot on the creep 'cause I become open to sooo much faster zerglings coming from anywhere.JeanSchyso4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Just went on a tear, 8 and 1 Just played 9 games of 2v2, 6 were randoms, 3 were with a guy I met doing randoms. Won 8 of nine games! WENT ON A TEAR! ABERRATION PORTRAIT SOON SON!CaptainDes2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Big Buff to zerg This may make Zerg OP but we deserve some time again at the top of the ladders. Should Blizzard bring back dark swarm to beef up zerg? Maybe add a caster unit or replace 'spawn infested terran'DramaLlama11 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 I need help spending extra money? As lame as this sounds I'm trying to break into silver right now, I float between ranks 3-5 right now. My main problem is I just have so much extra money! I might add that I am mainly having trouble against Terran, not because they are OP, I just don't have any real plan against them. At this point my main plan is to just out boom them by early expanding then trying to not let them expand. I generally go speed/banelings and mutas initially, but I don't really know what to do after that. Usually I lose about 20 minutes or so in and I usually have over 3k extra minerals, will I just get better with this as time goes on or is there something I'm missing.... I would post a replay too, but I'm not really sure how to do that.TimidWalrus1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg stress relief: having fun in 4v4 If you find yourself stressed out in 1v1s and feel like taking a break and playing some REALLY low stress 4v4's, im going to share some really fun things to do. These strategies work best when your teammates are mildly competant, and dont all die in the first 3 minutes. BS: Baneling Spam My personal favorite. Usually a fast expand to get resources, then spam banelings literally all game. get the rollie pollie upgrade and just keep getting them. Prolly want a few spore cannons to defend against Void rays, or have your teammate defend AA. Push out when you have about 250 banelings, go with one out first to watch for tanks, pick a target, and destroy every single building in his base before he can even go "WTF?!?!?!" and then laugh hysterically like a school girl. ZS: Zerglings Spam Same as BS, but only works on protoss who rush VR's its very funny though because his 4 VRs cant kill your 200 zerglings and you kill his entire base UNN: Ultra Nydus Network Go straight for ultralisks, get like 3 nydus networks, throw them all down in his base at once and run 8-10 ultras out and laugh. Infestors: My other personal favorite, go for infestors, get 20-30, wait outside till he lowers his wall (or kill his expansions), drop 80-120 infested marines in his base, win. Pee your pants. Im just bored because my Battle.net isnt working, so for unknown reasons decided to type this up.Xlord2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Match statistics plainly prove Terran is OP. 42% of my wins are against Zerg, 40% against Protoss, and only 18% against Terran. You just can't deny the validity of those numbers, and I'm sure they are roughly similar for almost everyone else. Lir93 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Am i a "scrub"? Today i played a 2v2 with a friend of mine as a ST and we were playing against a random and random. They both spawned terran and one went for MMM and the other went for mass hellion tanks. So i went mutas as i saw a slightly low number of anti-air. My friend went tanks and thor. So by the time the terran had scanned my spire and knew i was going mutas so he began building thors. At the point he pushed, he had about 6 thors vs my 35-ish mutas. My friend who had tanks destroyed the other terrans army and then he called me a "scrub" for using mutas against thors. Oh and i also picked off 2 thors with a decent magic box. So, am i a scrub?AjC8 Sep 11, 2010