Zerg Discussion

Sep 11, 2010 I need help spending extra money? As lame as this sounds I'm trying to break into silver right now, I float between ranks 3-5 right now. My main problem is I just have so much extra money! I might add that I am mainly having trouble against Terran, not because they are OP, I just don't have any real plan against them. At this point my main plan is to just out boom them by early expanding then trying to not let them expand. I generally go speed/banelings and mutas initially, but I don't really know what to do after that. Usually I lose about 20 minutes or so in and I usually have over 3k extra minerals, will I just get better with this as time goes on or is there something I'm missing.... I would post a replay too, but I'm not really sure how to do that.TimidWalrus1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg stress relief: having fun in 4v4 If you find yourself stressed out in 1v1s and feel like taking a break and playing some REALLY low stress 4v4's, im going to share some really fun things to do. These strategies work best when your teammates are mildly competant, and dont all die in the first 3 minutes. BS: Baneling Spam My personal favorite. Usually a fast expand to get resources, then spam banelings literally all game. get the rollie pollie upgrade and just keep getting them. Prolly want a few spore cannons to defend against Void rays, or have your teammate defend AA. Push out when you have about 250 banelings, go with one out first to watch for tanks, pick a target, and destroy every single building in his base before he can even go "WTF?!?!?!" and then laugh hysterically like a school girl. ZS: Zerglings Spam Same as BS, but only works on protoss who rush VR's its very funny though because his 4 VRs cant kill your 200 zerglings and you kill his entire base UNN: Ultra Nydus Network Go straight for ultralisks, get like 3 nydus networks, throw them all down in his base at once and run 8-10 ultras out and laugh. Infestors: My other personal favorite, go for infestors, get 20-30, wait outside till he lowers his wall (or kill his expansions), drop 80-120 infested marines in his base, win. Pee your pants. Im just bored because my Battle.net isnt working, so for unknown reasons decided to type this up.Xlord2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Match statistics plainly prove Terran is OP. 42% of my wins are against Zerg, 40% against Protoss, and only 18% against Terran. You just can't deny the validity of those numbers, and I'm sure they are roughly similar for almost everyone else. Lir93 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Am i a "scrub"? Today i played a 2v2 with a friend of mine as a ST and we were playing against a random and random. They both spawned terran and one went for MMM and the other went for mass hellion tanks. So i went mutas as i saw a slightly low number of anti-air. My friend went tanks and thor. So by the time the terran had scanned my spire and knew i was going mutas so he began building thors. At the point he pushed, he had about 6 thors vs my 35-ish mutas. My friend who had tanks destroyed the other terrans army and then he called me a "scrub" for using mutas against thors. Oh and i also picked off 2 thors with a decent magic box. So, am i a scrub?AjC8 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg counter to MMM So recently pondering on how I could stop these one base MMM terrans I came across a thought. In a earlier game I played against a toss I fungal growthed a bunch of zealots and when I sent in my lings/blings they did not or could not attack. As we know Fungal Growth can't really kill the units since the medivacs are healing most of them and blings die trying to get there. So here is my idea: 1) Fungal growth as many units as you can 2) Roll your blings into them 3) Win? I have not yet tried this and if anyone does or has tried this please tell me on its effectiveness, any other strats on defeating this as a zerg would be helpfull.KIlmoraine3 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Z v P help I was hoping to get some feedback on my last game. Cant think of a singular way to have won this, its kind of sucks :[ Im pretty new to zerg to any sort of help would be much appreciated some of my questions are when to expand, when to build drones, unit composition, when to tech. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78152-1v1-protoss-zerg-kulas-ravine OjJuice4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 How many banelings? Here's a quick set of questions! Can you approximate the number of banelings required to destroy the following for me? CC Nexus pylon siege tank! Mike2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Help versus MM ball I recently played with gold level terran in a 1v1 and got completely controlled for most of the game by his bio ball army. Please advise and give feedback on what I can do to improve. Thanks. http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3511Maximus5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Name your favorite PRO Yes, you are also tired of all the qq threads? Good, let's use the forums for something else. DalaiLameR CatZ Spore I enjoy those 3 Pro Zerg replays the most http://sc2rep.net/ ALSO PLEASE POST WHERE YOU GET THE REPLAYS(OR VIDEO) FROM. Sinfulvoid59 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Does fungle grouth work on collosus? im wondering if teching to infestors would be good against collosusKaioken4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg 1 base, 2 hatch Just wanted to see what your guys opinions are on this kind of strat. I have been getting pretty mixed results personally, but its nice to have the extra larva in one easy to protect base.Nikshmuck24 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Random randomness. Anyone find that when they play a random player it's always on a 4 person map and they're zerg? So this way it takes you a couple of tries to scout them only to find out they're doing 10 pool 10 gas baneling? :P Must be my constant bad luck hah.Eesha1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Creativity For a race that has so much potential for new units, I still find myself using the same stuff I was using in BW. Its been 10+ years and the zerg for all intensive purposes de-evolved. I was hoping to see some crazy creative S**t. I mean all you have to do for some inspiration is open up a biology book. Sadly there hasnt been much added to the zerg play. The new units added dont really bring anything new to the game but just patch up the roles that were taken out of the game. For example, baneling for a lurker, corruptor for scourge/defiler, infestor for defiler, broodlord for gaurdian. I was a big SC/BW @%#%% back in the day. Now when I played zerg all I ever think about is "I wish I had some scourge for these void rays to chew on" or something along those lines. However, playing Toss/Terran I never find myself thinking "I wish I had my dragoon back" or "Id gladly trade my marauder for those firebats". Aside form the occasional novelty of a nydus canal working, infested terran spam, or BOOM with burrowed banelings, zerg would have been a total disappointment. But those strats work far and in between and I find myself craving something more solid. What is annoying is that there wont be any new units added until the next game. At this rate of patching that is atleast a year or 2. I just hope the next game gives me something cool to play with.Raptor3 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg Pet? if you could have 1 zerg as a pet what would it be and why id say hydralisk for alot of reasons they are the most bad ass why take a car when u could ride one the acid would be helpfully and those razor sharp claws lol clam on Segmenter15 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg is Gross Yech! Especially the burrowing. That graphic is really disturbing. The overlord is kinda cute when it licks the camera. sabreX9 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 The best part about Zerg being UP? The QQ from terran and protoss players when they lose. A couple days ago i played a protoss player and won within 10 minutes. before he quit he said "I can't believe that I lost to a *@**ing noob". we were both in gold. we were evenly matched. a couple minutes ago i just played against a terran player. i baneling busted him a couple times to keep the pressure on. i expanded, and since he kept on making reapers, marauders, and marines, i just made more banelings and speedlings. after a while he said "*@**ing @**#*#" before leaving. I messaged him after the match and said "lol umad?". he responded with "normal players don't keep on making zerglings and banelings. lrn2play". I responded with "normal people don't keep on making units that are countered by zerlings and banelings. lrn2play". he then blocked me from communications. Feels good :)Mjollnir12 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 New zvz tactic? Basically I try going mass infestors. http://topreplays.com/Replays/Details/1222/Sungminy_vs_FrasierCrane Not sure if this is an acutal good strategy as it was only a platinum level game but it is better than the usual zvz. So do you think this could be a viable strategy?Sungminy2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Help with openings So I'm starting to get in the swing of playing zerg again and I basically have three build orders from the beginning. When I was terran it was always so standard with 10 supply 12 rax 13 refinery. I do 10 pool when I am looking for harass (I rarely try any all in cheese rush) 13 pool possibly earlier extractor if I plan on one base teching without a whole lot of harass (this build is not as weak as I thought it would be originally since as long as my queen is out ASAP spawning larvae I can repel attacks by spawning an army the moment I scout it coming. and 14 hatch to 16 pool for fast expand (I haven't played a lot of 1v1s as zerg but I could see this being extremely risky) Anyone care to critique these or suggest better ones? I feel like zerg openings are more complex than the other races because there isn't just one "standard" (as far as I can see). And I use the extractor trick every now and then and I'm wondering if that is very important/game changing.Slavyzz0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Any Zerg player willing to help? A repost of mine from the general forum that mayhaps be better suited here? We shall see! I bought this game specifically to play online because I enjoy RTS very much, and this game is extremely appealing. While I may be new to the StarCraft universe, I'm not new to RTS. However, it's come to my attention that the consensus among players, apparently both regular and 'professional' are that Zerg are slightly imbalanced in multiplayer, especially when opposing a Terran player. (I have been the victim of this firsthand) I spend a lot of time watching 'shoutcasts' and commentated videos of the professional levels, as well as other games, and have done much reading and practice on builds myself, and have a strong opening I believe, but I end up falling apart as soon as I get run over by a large army, or a cloaked unit pops in before I can even get to Tier 2 and takes me out. Are there any very adept Zerg players for SC2 on here that would be willing to help me learn the Zerg better so that I can actually play them in multiplayer and not be killed by Reapers within the first 5-10 minutes, or nuked? That, as well as just being rushed by MMM and being run over, even with Banelings. I'm open to all advice, and would like to make some friends in-game that would be willing to scrimmage and teach me, perhaps do some 2v2's or show me replays so that I can actually play a competitive game versus the apparently much easier Terran army. (I refuse to switch to an easier race now that I've thought about it more deeply as I bought the game for Zerg.) Thanks much for taking the time to read my post, and I hope to hear back from a fellow Zerg player looking to do a good deed.Eli25 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Warp in Immortals Has anyone else run into this? I have started to wonder if a few players I have been against that seemed to have an large amount of immortals could potentially been abusing this exploit. If you don't know what I'm talking about view this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boyZjC_mj68&feature=player_embeddedKillaKiwi7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 replay: i just made diamond after this win http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78153-1v1-protoss-zerg-desert-oasis#c1Lir0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 What to do vs mass void rays? I tried a few tests and found that really nothing works. I found out that once protoss gets 10 void rays it's much better for me just to GG and go home instead of watching my army no matter the composition get smashed to little pieces. You guys should try it, nothing works unless you out do them in units by resources 2 to 1. The best composition I found was hydra's/infestors and to MC 2 of the rays to stop them from charging up. I was able to win at only a 1.5 resource advantage of units. Is there some other strategy i'm missing? Ekko17 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Critique my ZvP Haven't played 1v1 in a while so was doing a custom match and played this diamond 1v1 guy. I think its entertaining. A bit of roach action. A bit of psi dodging. Fun for the modern masochist. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77714-1v1-protoss-zerg-metalopolisKineLord6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Having a lot of trouble vs Toss So I was on a roll lately, but this morning I lost something like five straight games vs. Toss. Typical 4-gate build, and I really don't know how to defend against it. I've tried to expand fast, turtle, use lings/roaches or hydras/lings/roaches, nothing seems to work. I even tried early pressure of my own with some roach rushes, and that doesn't accomplish much. I KNOW if I can get map control, I can beat them. Hydras are so ridiculously good against Toss it's not even funny. The problem is, as I'm playing more skilled players, they're realizing that early pressure is the key to Zerg victory. Prevent me from expanding (which is really easy to do) and I'm done for. One game I even threw up four spine crawlers just to give myself extra time to prepare my army, and advanced the crawlers to my expansion when I created it; but of course, the other player decided to attack JUST then, and was able to take out my crawlers while they were reburrowing. I'm really at a loss of what to do. Should I turtle in hard, and make a second hatch at my base so I can match his unit production?Brett17 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Need help with Queen micro/macro Ive been watching a lot of high level replays simply to try and grasp how to macro effectively (which i have concluded is the best way to play zerg) and ive noticed that the players tend to put all their queens and hatchs to one key ex. queens on 4, and hatchs on 5. Im just curious to know if it is possible to cycle which hatch or queen i have selected with out clicking the unit they are all on one keybind. for example i sometimes want to select the opposite queen to spawn larva with out having to click on the unit. Putting them on one key makes it harder for me to do this and feels like Im playing much slower. Any other macro tips would be much appreciated :] POODED2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Any time I take an advantage against Terran I just expand to the entire map and run around the map for 20min with a 200/200 ultra army and smile and wave until he rage-quits. Does anyone else take simple pleasure in rolling over weaker Terran players in their bracket and basically ruin the day for them? Yesterday, a Terran player even accused me of playing a nub race because it was the easiest 1v1. Colrath20 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Terran God Mix Is there anyway to win against this? FYI: The god mix is: Marine, Marauder, Medivac, Tank, Thor, Hellion. I just played a Terran who on only 2 bases made a 200/200 army of this with 1/1 upgrades by the 18 minute mark. I was on 4 bases and only at 150ish supply. Needless to say i got obliterated.inDefinite4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Can anyone tell me how to beat this Not a whine post so please dont say "zerg underpowered" Aside from all-ining im not sure how to beat a toss who one gate forge early expands and sends a few early zeas at you. ~1000 point diamond match replay on sc2replayed here. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77872-1v1-protoss-zerg-blistering-sand I killed his forge seconds before his 2 attack timing finished. Do you think i could have held if i hadnt pushed out ?Chesmuffin7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Ok, I just had to try it.. see whats it like to play terran. What i hated most about that race was the marines, marauders, medivacs... so i made them, (it was a t v p), send them to his base. I didnt even have to do anything, they did their thing, and won. It was so easy! Now the question, should i play terran and get the easy win, or play zerg which is frustrating. ps. i forgot to upgrade stim, still won.BigRed10 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Whats with all the 6 pooling? So I just played 4 games and in two of them the opponent 6pooled. Not complaining cause they are basically free wins for me, but I couldn't believe that diamond players were 6 pooling me. Durantula28 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerglings/Banelings are OP? So..... I just got done playing a match against a terran player whose opening strategy was rushing with Reapers. My opening strat against this terran was mass zerglings with some banelings to bust his front door.... Nothing really too complicated. After I bust down his door, kill his couple marines and reapers he starts calling me names and claims I used a noob strategy. Zerg have 3 early offensive creatures, Zerglings, Banelings, and Roaches. Roaches don't do to well against Terran so I didn't bother getting any roaches, and this guy goes crazy ape##%# calling me all sorts of names and claims I'm noob. Lol, WTH am I supposed to do, go roaches so it's an easy win for him? Build mass drones so he can come kill me with no real challenge? What about hole myself up with Spine crawlers and just wait for him to roll me over with siege tanks. Some of these terran players I just don't understand. I find it humorous that I just used a simple opening strat, and it rolled him over. And he called me a super noob because everyone knows Zerglings + banelings > Terran starting units. Lol, there was no real point to this post other than to point out the hilarity.Apocalypse12 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 how to play zerg if you look i am currently in the bronze league. i am 5th in the league and play random. currently i win around 80% or my matches as protoss and 70 % with terran. i only win around 55% of matches with zerg (this is over last 15 matches) im trying to get to silver and my 55% zerg win doesn't help with that goal. so far as zerg i have .nearly mastered queen spawn larve .mastered mutalisk micro . mastered use of infectors spawn infested terran ( 5 full infestors = 40 marines which can take down mineral lines and buildings while infestors burrow away i have difficulty with .always having 2 expansions fully stocked . always harassing . running out of supply and vespane gas tips im working with . 2 hatcheries at main base . 2 queens at main base to fight off early air and to keep spawn larvae up . 1 queen at each x pac i ask for help so that i may do better as zerg Hirron4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 My buddy and i go against double toss... We scout and see cannons,so we assume its a cannon push. I decide to mass spine crawlers and spread creep to stop them from doing so. The result is a 30 minute game where i mass spine crawlers around the entire map,while building no unit a teir higher then a queen. Much luls. Replay:http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78076-2v2-terran-protoss-zerg-tempestMarzbar0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvP Diamond Replay: My Hardest Win Yet http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78059-1v1-protoss-zerg-desert-oasis This one is soooo close. I literally win by a half-building. After my initial attack failed, and then an early void-ray showed up in my base, I came very close to just resigning but I'm glad I played it out. My opp was a #4 Diamond, although admittedly from a weaker Diamond league, but Diamond nonetheless. If he'd had a bit stronger 'killer' instinct he could have been more aggressive in the base trade and probably would have won. Lir1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 winning 9/14 matches with this strat. INC wall of text. Now I am a Gold player, and honestly I dont 1v1 much. But I decided I wanted the roach portrait so I thought what the hell. (btw if you check match history, the 10 1v1 losses in a row were when I was trying worker rush.....which doesn't work in gold. but I thought it'd be interesting to see if it did work, pennoyer gave me the idea ^_^). Also I dont wanna hear "Derp this won't work in diamond newb", well thats great but this may be a useful tool for Gold and Below Zerg players. If you have a negative opinion without expressing it in a manner thats trying to contribute, then please dont express it at all....) Remember, this is only like.....46 (realistic games, not counting my worker rushes) that I played, and winning more than half of them AINT bad, and i wasn't using this strat at all for the first 10 wins. So I know I dont have alot of experience......but hey.....it works for me so maybe it'll work for you. ANYWAYS..... once I actually started to play serious I found this strat, it's common but Im just sharing my experiences with it. At one time I had a 7 winning streak using it. But needless to say it helped me get my Portrait. Anyways Basically you start out with your normal 14 Pool build, I usually get Overlord at 10. keep pumping out drones till 14. make a spawning pool and extractor. once extractor is done immediately put 3 on it. Once spawning pool finishes, make a roach warren immediatly, and then a queen asap. after that every other larva I make a roach, and I do overlords at -3 supply till Im capped. after i make a queen I typically use the 100 gas to mutate it into a hive. Once hive is complete research Roach speed, and burrow as soon as you can. In between this all Im pumping at roaches whenever I have the gas. NO LINGS unless you have an emergency. Sometimes Ill throw a spine crawler up if I see a Ton of Zerglings or Marines, i've only needed to once or twice tho, and Queen+Drones attack move usually does the trick. Also you will typically have around 3-4 Roaches when they attack if they do. AND ALWAYS make sure you have overlords between you and the enemy player. Anyways, once I get about 10-11 roaches Ill attack, by the time Speed is finishing, and about when I get to their base burrow is done. Also when im attacking (and winning) i rally point my hatchery to outside their base for reinforcements (with hydra if I need). CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM WELCOME! Seems to work well against: 2gate Quick VR Hydras Terran tech Marine Rush MM ball (to an extent) Quick Mech (IE hellions and a thor or two) Fails against: Reaper rush (sometimes) 4gate stalkers MASS lings REPLAYS: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77797-1v1-protoss-zerg-kulas-ravine (VR RUSH) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77795-1v1-protoss-zerg-kulas-ravine (4gate, FAILED) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77792-1v1-zerg-steppes-of-war (Mass Ling, was very close but I won) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77792-1v1-zerg-steppes-of-war (4gate stalkers, FAILED) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77671-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns (Quicktech terran) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77609-1v1-zerg-blistering-sands (Somewhat similar strat as me) remember this is just a few replays, I lost 5 out of the 14 matches using this strat, thats ntb at all IMO. Remember it's about pushing with a decent sized forced a short time in the game, obviously this build fails BADLY if you wait too long (which you will see in a few of the replays) Infested19 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 My zerg v zerg rush strategy (youtube video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z1FzkpxwLA please comment with your thoughts.Valbrand8 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvP high templar help Hi guys, I'm looking for some help on how to counter high templars. I'm a somewhat decent 1v1 player, in the platinum league I hold my own. However I have a friend that I regularly play 1v1 against who, although he is a silver level player, can usually beat me but crushing all of my forces with high templars. Once I realize he has them I never seem to have time to tech to mutas or ultralisks (those are resistant to psi storm, correct?). Is there a better way to counter them, or do I need to just scout more and see it coming? Or is it a micro problem? Any help would be appreciated.Jazz4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Question about queens... In the earlier stages of the game is it advisable to get two queens then go lair tech or just one queen then lair tech? I get the whole fact that Zerg has to react to the other player, but is it worth ot get a second queen as suppose to a roach warren or baneling nest?Thomasg6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 It doesn't matter I don't give a *!%* what anyone says. Zerg was done wrong. Stop trying to defend blizzard or get better w/ zerg. It just doesn't matter. I quit till its fixed ( I doubt it won't until HoTS when we have to pay another $60) This half-BS where they're trying to "balance" it in this upcomming patch doesn't fix the real problem with zerg. Zerg was just designed wrong. Period. It's not swarmy and the units all suck. I'm sick of playing zerg and I don't much like terran or toss. I know you don't give a crap what I think but whatever. #!%# it. OrionHunter17 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg upper map bases consistently slow I was doing some playing today against the AI on Insane and noticed something that I'm sure can have a big effect in upper level matches. I wouldnt have mentioned it, but it seems to be very unfair for zerg players who start off in the upper parts of the map. The zerg base starts off with three larva directly below its base. At the lower bases, this puts the larva extra close to the mineral fields. However, on upper bases, the mineral fields are above the hatcheries so this puts the larva further away from these fields. The difference comes out in the economy and thus who is able to build faster in the first few minutes. Drones that are built from hatcheries located in the lower parts of the map have much less distance to travel and so begin harvesting much sooner than drones built from hatcheries located in the upper parts of the map. This always gives an unfair advantage to players who start out in the lower bases.Sogfrog10 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Help against Four Gates. I'm having difficulty holding off four gates and three gate / immortal. I've tried staying at one base and using the choke to my advantage, even building a few spine crawlers and a evolution chamber to block. But staying in-base so long ends up costing me the mid-game position I really need to secure.Bonisaur6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Another Zerg Ragequit Given I didn't play that well here, but this is the straw that broke my back: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=147450 I'm sitting out SC 2 ladder play until the patch. **edited to specify ladder play, I'm still playing custom** ModusPwnens69 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Just cheesed my way to turney victory! HAHA just won a little turney my local university put on. it wasnt that that advertised so there was only about 15 people. First place was 50 bucks to i was like eh ok im down. It was double elimination and they all played Terran pretty much. I was the only zerg! They let me pick the map every time except finals. I picked scrap station of course and delta quadrant. All i did was baneling bust. hahaha they didnt know how to wall. like shooting fish in a barrel, easy 50 bucks in my pocket! Snizzapple14 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 6pool When to do it, when not to: If it is a 4 player map, do not 6pool. It will take you too long to find the opponent, voiding the 6pool advantage. If it is a map with a long travel distance, do not 6pool. see above. If the enemy player is a terran, do not 6pool. If you run into a wall, gg. If the enemy is a zerg, do not 6pool. This is for reasons of respect, and if his workers/queen kill your zerglings he will out macro you easily and its gg. (Defensive 10 pool could easily take on an offensive 6 pool) By now you are probably thinking: "Well when does it actually work to 6pool?" The answer: Small maps against protoss. How to ensure a successful 6pool in the above scenario: Constanly reinforce the zerglings (If you don't go all in, you will lose) Hit the pylon powering the gateway first (It becomes all the more important if he is trying to chronoboost out a zealot). He may pull a couple workers off to try and stop you, just kill them. When he pulls all his workers off to fend you off: DO NOT ENGAGE Kite the workers picking off stragglers and reinforcing your zerglings. BUY TIME, the more zerglings you have when you hit his workers the better. Do NOT let him rebuild the pylon, destroy the building pylon at all costs, and then get your zerglings away from the enemy workers. When you have picked off enough workers through attacking and kiting or you have enough reinforcements, go for the surround and finish him off. protoss leaves, and you get yourself a 5 minute win.Thorn12 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 queen and burrow..both need buffs for the high health, high cost and super slow movement speed, queens should definitely be doing more damage for both air and ground attacks. the ground attack more so than the air. why not make burrow allow all units to move while burrowed and not just roaches. boristhebd8 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Hey guys, back another question :D So I'm still definitely a beginner and only working my way up bronze... I believe im 18 or so, but that's besides the point. Being a beginner I watched a lot of videos and what not and they all say to mainly stick to 1 strat until it's pretty much second nature. Well I did that, but with 2 strats really. when I go for a quick expand/muta build (Larger maps that take a while to rush) once we get to i guess what you would call mid game, I end up with so many minerals that I don't know what to do with, because I just don't have the vespene to keep up. I'm just wondering what to do with this. It usually happens after my second expand and i have 3 total bases. I try to make a bunch of drones and just turn them into crawlers as defense, but still slows down army production too. I guesss normally you would say by then you should have a decent army, but I'm a huge muta harasser, so I lose them fairly often too, so I do do a lot of muta rebuilding too. Anyway, just looking for ideas to use the money. (When I have the 3 bases, I do have both extractors with 3 drones in each, so Im maxxed out on what I can get out of them) Thanks so much guys in advance :DBeergut4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg vs Terran, Need Help!!! I play random and I am by no means a good zerg player but, if i missed the chance to crack his wall using blings before he started pumping out siege tanks, and all he does are marines, siege tanks, a few thors, and missile turrets everywhere, what am i supposed to do? He simply stayed in his base untill he had enugh to drop thors siege tanks and marines in my base, idefeated this but i could not find a way to break his defenses even when i entered his base a couple of times. He simply held until a high pop count og siege tanks, thors, marines an then atacked This happened in the map Delta Quadrant Help!!!NaviAlivad3 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 What's a Good Zerg Build, Anyway? Mostly, in late game, I just train units more or less at random, without any coherent focus of what I plan to do with them. I don't understand the purpose of zerg units very well, I guess. What are excellent ways to go with zerg units, and what are those builds best for?Crimson5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Can't stop doom drops... Ok, this is for 2v2 games. Me and my buddy who plays toss keep ending up against double Terran. We know they are coming and still they come to my base and there isn't a d@mn thing I can do. Terran load up a ton of medivacs and doom drop the dreaded MMM ball into my base. Last game I even threw down 3 spore crawlers, had two queens, and several hydras, I shot down maybe 1-2, but the rest all landed in my base and crushed me. It was mainly mauraders so the blings were not all that effective and there was just enough marines that mutas would have been eaten. This is one thing I REALLY hate about zerg is that if we pump courrpters early to fend something like this off, we die from ground units and it was a choice of making more hydras at the cost of the unit that could actually kill the units if they decided to attack my front door (which they did at the same time) Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this? Even in 1v1 I keep having maurader drops kicking my butt... I thought about fast teching mutas to get them in route but the last time I tried that they just sent them on the ground through my front door... Maelleous6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 nydus worm viable? it seems like there are many many possibilities with nydus.. for instance last game i played vs toss. He was 2 gaterushing with zealots and stalkers while creating units in the robo facility (2 colossi)... He took his army and was attacking my expansion i saw this as the oppurtune moment so i nydus wormed with my overlord's los in the corner of my opponents base came in and destroyed three pylons causing him to bring a majority of his army back then he attacked again and i did it again destroying his whole mineral line and nexus he was done... will upload relay later i have to go to workDan11 Sep 11, 2010