Zerg Discussion

Sep 11, 2010 Changelings, awesome unit I was at work a few hours ago and thought to myself Changelings are a Unit... Xel' Naga towers need a unit... So I got home and sure enough it work, this is so great, works better for certain maps. This makes up for the terrible scouting ability of the changeling IMO and I hope that some of you find this usefulRooD7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Maphacking in a 35 minute ZvZ http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77397-1v1-zerg-metalopolis This game was interesting for 2 reasons: 1. It is not often ZvZ's go this long so I thought I would post the game as it was quite fun and seemingly even matched. 2. After reviewing the replay, this guy was CLEARLY maphacking! He never scouts once and is constantly surveying my base and army. My favorite is when his first 4 mutas popped and he went around the map killing my overlords, putting the camera directly over them in the FoW and sending is mutas around. This guy was ranked 3rd in diamond, hopefully with the help of this thread and reporting him in game, he'll go to being banned =) EDIT: Forgot the link hahainDefinite15 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Getting lings to attack workers I'm running into this all the time. I manage to sneak some lings into an enemy mineral line, and when I order them to attack the workers they choose to attack anything but them, be it a spine crawler that only has 1 or 2 tiles exposed , or the zealots I just evaded. Even when I micro them exactly between their workers, any action I take be it attack-moving a nearby spot, or just stopping them makes them run AROUND all the workers and attack anything else that gets them killed faster with the least damage done. Clicking each worker individually is very inefficient and also makes them all bunch up and lose damage (since the AI likes to make them surround the target with a few, and make the rest run in circles around them doing nothing) giving the enemy enough time to react. Firgeis3 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 I need build order for fastest speedlings Does anyone have a fastest build order to get out speedlings? I normally do 13pool 12 extractor but I feel it can be a bit faster. Or is it too crippling (like 6pooling) if you try to get speedlings too early? Thanks.Dragon6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 What Zerg lack that Terran & Protoss Possess -Units that can attack air prior tier 2 -A unit that does +dmg to armored targets prior to tier 2 (Dont even get ours until tier 3) -Tier 3 units that can attack air -A unit that can attack while stealthed (No, infestors dont attack) -A viable way to wall off -Cliff climbers -A main base that has an energy bar to add some creativity to your gameplay. -Special abilities that can completely change the tide of the game (Examples: Nukes, EMP Psy Storm, Force fields) -Just in general having less units then Terran and Protoss have. So yea, I was bored so I decided to make a list of some pretty important things that Zerg lack and Terran/Protoss have. Obviously we dont need all of these things, and it can even be debated that we need none of these things since there are already many successful Zerg players out there. However, I think this is a very beefy list of some pretty essential things that put Zerg at a slight disadvantage, and i kinda question why Blizzard would make 2 races pretty balanced by giving them similar (yet unique) abilities, and then just leave 1 race without these and expect them to preform up to par. I could understand if they had it more like (random examples) where lets say only Protoss have cliff climbers, then only Terran have Tier 1 AA, then only Zerg have +dmg armor units in tier 1, etc, etc, etc. But when you make it that two races have a whole list of extremely useful abilities, then leave one race out on them without much compensation, then it really puts them at a disadvantage imo. This isn't mean to be a QQ post, i just want to know how the rest of the Zerg community feel about these issues. Are we really compensated enough with other things to make up for these things we lack? Or do we really need to get a bump up in order to be on par with Terran and Protoss?Bear6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 What is zerg's best economic opening build? Playing a lot of FFA's lately. Assuming all openents don't attack you in the first 5 minutes, what zerg opening will get you the best economy into mid and late game?pokerbrat6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 i question zerg buildings or just 1 :P wtf is the baneling building?Zergling7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Fun Fact: Infested Terran commit suicide :( Another Fun Fact. Infested terran can live forever, they simply choose not to. At the end of the duration of the infested terran, they point the gun at their head and fire committing suicide. Clearly we don't have that much of a hold on these terran yet, they still possess some of their humanity enough to want to kill themselves rather than continue to work as our minions. Edit: Now that I think of it, Suicide is not exactly "fun". So forgive my title.Sphinxks14 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Drone Split Concept Well, today it seems as though the hot topic of discussion is the Terran Mule, and how it gives them such a vast advantage over Zerg in terms of economy. Protoss, also possessing an optional economy boost through Chrono Boosting out Probes, is a lot more of a fair concept since that boost could be used elsewhere. This got me thinking about what the Zerg could have as a method of boosting economy and bringing a little less stress on our Larva being spread too thin between Drone, Overlord, and unit production. What about giving the Drone a "Fragmentation" ability that gives them the option to "split" into two variants of themselves? The stats of the two Drones would also be sliced in half to reflect what had transpired...making them far more vulnerable to attack and harassment...while giving us a method of quickly boosting our economy through more, but weaker, workers. You could also use this ability on Drones that you want to have making buildings...effectively splitting and then morphing them into structures rather than using it for the economy boost. This way, you won't weaken your workers...but you'll still bring a little less stress upon your larva count. You could only "split" your Drones a single time...and the split stats would not effect the stats of buildings that these "lesser" Drones morphed into. There could even be a visual variation in split Drones, most likely size and perhaps coloration, that contributes to the balance of the ability...showing the enemy that you had weakened your mineral line by splitting Drones. Any thoughts, this could have been suggested before...I haven't the faintest. Fragmentation: Effectively splits the Drone into two lesser variations of it's former incarnation, with both resulting Drones possessing the following stats: Sight Range: 4 Hit Points: 20 Damage: 2.5 Ability Cost: Either 25 Minerals, X amount of time to split, or a reduction in harvesting efficiency by 50% as Valdmir stated. I feel that any one of these would balance the ability out perfectly fine...if you think otherwise, by all means...please voice your opinion. Note: Each Drone can only split once, resulting lesser Drones do not have the split ability. Further methods of Balance: By Siswaiaman: ... -Making this an upgrade at the Hatchery for X amount of minerals and gas so that it does drastically further boost our ability to rush. -A cooldown on the ability for X duration.Tenebrae30 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 WoW, NEVER give up! (replay inside) I thought I was done for in this match. But I fight till the end! http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77880-1v1-terran-zerg-metalopolisLaced1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Roach beat Protoss Crybaby Bronze beat gold, Zerg beat Protoss mass roach beat mass stalker http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77870-1v1-protoss-zerg-metalopolis edit: look at how he thought my expo was my mainJay5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Double-clicking Cocoons Double-clicking cocoons should select all like units within the cocoons, not all cocoons. Would this be a problem for anyone?Dorian7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 have queens start out with 50 energy I find that especially early game I have to use all my energy to spawn larvae. With the number of zerglings you need to have an effective force coupled with needing to spawn overlords and drones we can't really afford to lose a cast of spawn larvae. I just though hey why not have the queen spawn with 50 energy. Most other casters do why not the queen. Just a thought.Spherion14 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Good players/micro > 6pool? http://blip.tv/file/4099157 Shut. The. F***. Up. Your incessant drivel hurts my brain.Saint9 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Larvae per Energy Idea (NOT Auto/Smartcast) Queen 150 minerals Initial Energy 25/200 Maximum Energy 200 Energy Regeneration - 0.5625 50 Second Build Time Cannot be built while morphing to Lair/Hive Spawn Larvae(Current) - 25 Energy Queens can target a hatchery/lair/hive with Queen Ichor,[4] causing it to swell and grow green sacs which burst, producing four larvae. These join any already-present larvae. The larva-producing structure will not naturally produce any more larvae until the total falls below three. The larva count for any given hatchery/lair/hive does not exceed nineteen, no matter how many times spawn larva is cast. So here's the idea... -Reduce Queens Maximum Energy to 100 -When Spawn Larvae is cast, all available energy on the Queen is spent, producing 1 Larvae at a rate of 1 Larvae per 6 available energy. What does this accomplish? The window for Spawn Larvae is widened and more forgiving by a large margin! At an energy regeneration rate of .5625/sec it would take a Queen 177 seconds to regenerate it's entire 100/100 pool.(Currently 354 seconds)16 extra larvae can be produced every 177 seconds, effectively only requiring spawn larvae to be cast once every 3 minutes. Of course you will have to use it more often than that in the early game since you'll need units quickly, but late game where theres a ton of things to do at all times, the current 40 second window to select your Queens and click multiple Hatcheries on the minimap to avoid wasting Spawn Larvae cool downs is way too constricting. Currently you may only spawn 4 larvae at a time, with no option to dump ALL energy immediately like Terrans and Protoss with their Chronoboost, Mule, Scanner, etc. The total larvae produced per minute is identical to the old mechanics, yet the only time the cooldown is wasted, is when your Queen is sitting at maximum energy, just like the Terran and Protoss counterpart abilities. However, with Multiple Queens with pooled energy, it would be possible to Spawn 16 Larvae, Morph them, and spawn 16 more immediately off a single hatchery. A Hatchery would need an internal cooldown based on the amount of energy used by a single Queen. Example: Queen A casts Spawn Larvae @ 100 energy. 16 Larvae are spawned after 40 seconds(same time as live but only 4 larvae spawn). Queen B could waltz over with 100 energy after the 40 seconds is up, and 16 MORE after 40 seconds on the same Hatchery. We can't have this as it's blatantly overpowered! On live, the cool-down is effectively 10 seconds per larva, thus a 100 energy dump on a Hatch should net 16 Larva, and a 160 second cooldown on the Hatchery for recieving a Spawn Larvae. It must be attached to the number of larvae spawned because just putting a 160 second flat cool-down on Spawn Larvae would cripple larvae generation in the early game where it's not possible to have Queens with pooled energy. An Alternative solution is simply to extend the Spawn Larvae "build time" on the Hatchery by 10 seconds for every 6 energy used. (That would be 4 larvae per 40 seconds just like live, but the Hatchery continues to spawn additional larva for another 120 seconds) Sounds like a fair solution to level the playing field and would definitely make the Zerg more swarm like again. Response to Post #2 Simple solution. Heal is 50 Energy. It would take 89 seconds at a regen rate of .5625/sec to pool 50 energy for a heal. Put a 1 minute 30 second cooldown on Heal and remove all energy costs. Decent trade-off because Queen spam healing especially with multiple Queens is a bit too strong anyway. Pre-emptive note to post that is sure to be posted: Yes at late game, Zerg will easily be able to replace a large army in less than one minute. However...that SHOULD be the late game power of a race nicknamed "The Swarm". Furthermore, minerals and gas limitations still apply. For the Zerg...who never have enough gas it means = main army gets wiped, inc 200 Zerglings. Seems fair to me and can be done even now if someone never misses a Spawn Larvae in it's current incarnation anyway. "Blah blah just give Terrans/Protoss Similar Cooldowns to Ours" Response: What is more fun for ALL races? Managing finicky and constricting macro mechanics...or spending more time and concentration on army positioning, micro and scouting? TLDR: Queen Redesign Queens maximum energy reduced to 100 Spawn Larvae now uses all available energy to spawn additional larvae(1 Larvae per 6 Energy expended) Spawn Larvae build time increased by 10 seconds per 6 energy used (Larvae released at 10 second intervals during build time) Transfusion now has a 90 second cooldown but no longer requires energy Also...press the Like button in the top right to get Blizzards attention! Barrierz108 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Spending Money as Zerg I play a lot of protoss and I always find an easy way to spend money, but as Zerg, I often find myself with tons of money and not many larvae, while still waiting for tech trees to build. I know I need to get better at managing Spawn Larvae, but I feel like this one ability is where the entirety of Zerg power comes from. As Protoss it's really easy to spend money with warpgates and super expensive units, whereas with Zerg, I feel like the only way to creat more units is with more hatcheries, which means I need to expand. Now I have no trouble expanding at all. In fact I find myself with more bases as Zerg than anything else. But with expanding comes more money. I suppose I shouldn't be complaining. Maybe I just need to get better at spawning larvae. It feels rather awkward to use.Coexistence2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvT proper response? My opponent went for a reaper rush type deal, infantry + hellions, then went to banshees. I started off with a 13 extractor 14 pool type build for fast tech to speedlings. I scouted his wall and saw dual barracks, 1 built, one being built (marines otw) so I pulled my drones back and prepared for the reapers (Threw down a spine crawler, sent zerglings to the xelnaga towers, and got some ground forces ready) and fast expanded. I fended off the reapers and went for fast mutas I went speedling/baneling + muta for harrass. I lost alot of lings to hellions, and alot of mutas to stimmed marines, but I still managed to do so much damage economically while keeping him trapped in his base that he eventually left. TL:DR What is the appropriate response to marine/hellion build.Thorn4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Diamond Rank and Jaded Aspirations So, I've been contemplating playing actual quick match games instead of custom ones for 1v1 ever since I finally got a new video card and don't crash anymore. However, I wanted to wait for the patch to give myself a little bit of an edge. However, as time passes and I read more and more on these forums, I find myself getting more and more Jaded about ever trying to reach Diamond status. I played in both betas and was Platinum in both, despite never playing sc1. Achieving Diamond seemed like something really fun to do when the game finally came out. However, I've noticed several things and I am not really liking the response so far. They are as follows: 1) The recent rise in the number of "Maphack" replays in League games I mean, why bother to get to Diamond if 1 in 3 players are at an advantage (3/3 if they are playing Terran. Ba-Dum Tss!). I certainly like to play on equal ground, but the number of users seems to be climbing. I don't want my win/loss ratio to be skewed by this! 2) Confusing balancing efforts It's kind of odd that the first patch of retail Starcraft2 is said to be taking balance "slowly in an effort to avoid massive disruption of gameplay" when the nerftruck was shifted into first gear in beta whilst plowing over the Zerg race. It's quite the confusing message. Make up your mind already. Starcraft is a game that you have to invest alot of time into to be good at, however, I feel like I'm wasting all of mine in Limbo atm. 3) Immortal Hack and Player Banning Recently, replays have been observed of a player that used Wargates to warp in Immortals. Rather it was an exploit or hack is irrelivant. I still feel as though these individuals are going to receive the same treatment that all of the maphackers are; they will simply be allowed to continue playing for several more weeks (or months) while the jury is out. I don't want my records ruined by these guys, and I think alot of other people here would agree. More specifically, I'm actually very surprised by the patience of people like Psy who tolerate that crap. This also isn't the first instance of Hacks invading a seemingly defenseless Blizzard game. Diablo 1 was utterly destroyed by the prevailence of hacks. Diablo two was as well, albiet at a slightly slower pace. I also witnessed my fair share of cheating in Blizzard's prized child, World of Warcraft. This seems to be an issue that infects the Blizzard game base in it's entirety. I feel unsecure while playing, and Blizzard's recent silence on these issues isn't comforting at all. In summation/TLDR: What I'm trying to ask is, do you players feel that getting to Diamond is still worthwhile with the issue of hacks, exploits, lack of banning, and confusing balance still prevailent? Am I some paranoid psychotic alone in my beliefs, or are they shared amongst an equally nervous community? I just don't feel as motivated to get to Diamond as I did previously and wanted to know how everyone else feels about this. Also, I put this in the Zerg Community forums because I like ya'll the best and my post won't drown in .. those.. threads like the other forums. Ya'll always give the best answers anyways. :P Terrornoid15 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 A video about StarCraft Balance An interesting video I found regarding the balance of StarCraft 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ijwtGCaRg&p=D525C341920BE2CA&playnext=1&index=4 Looking at this, I can see that SC1 had way more outright problems than SC2. I have faith that blizzard will get it perfectly balanced in time. I just hope it won't take years and tons of patches.Aniki7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Hey Everybody! :D Check out my new portrait! Fine sexy lady she is isn't she? Just won 250 1v1 league games today, yay me! Edit: Am I the first Zerg player to get this portrait? I haven't seen anyone else who has it yet.Centurion20 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Diamond Protoss looking for 2v2 zerg partner Hi im just looking for a decent zerg player for 2v2 matches. Getting a little bored with 1v1. The only thing i ask is that you have Ventrillo cause thats what I use to talk... Just message me on here or in gameJoker2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Clan Vinciti is now recruiting ( sponsored) We are a sponsored team and are now recruiting. To join goto www.vinciti.cz.cc to applyErjar0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Make Hydras Tier 1 Please post your comments here. Personally i think that this is a GREAT idea. This gives Zerg a way to Counter early banshees/ void rays ect. without having to rush a lair or mass queens. Glum11 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 How to Crush Expansions as Zerg? Last game, one of my overlords picked up a third command center my opponent had just set up. I tried to rush it quick, but apparently got the mix of units wrong and messed up. After that, my opponent caught on and stepped up security, and I realized I had missed a golden chance to hurt my opponent big time. What should I spring for when something like this comes up again?Crimson1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 I'll admit it, I got Thor rushed. Thor +1 marine with SCVs (which don't get threat) > 2 sunkens 3-4 roaches and 8-10 lings By the time I click-killed the SCVs My army was gone :(jbonz5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Vote for Kerrigan http://www.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-villain/vote/battle-hub/index.html?battle_id=59 Vote for Kerrigan. Surely she is a better villain than Bowser? since the moron T who posted this posted it in one of the few places allot of zergies may not go FOR THE SWARMNick5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 How do you deal with Siege Tanks? Midgame versus Siege Tanks. I have no solution. Infestors have shorter range, and die in 2 shots. Mutas melt under stimmed marines. Banelings die in 1 shot. I'm completely out of ideas. Cosmo34 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Idea: Overlords Spead Creep while moving? This post is not to complain about the current in balance issues. But to offer an idea and see what everyone thinks. I am a Zerg player, and intend on staying that way. So keep your non constructive posts to yourself. So if Zerg was intended to be the swarming and speed race, why not play more into that for our balance. Zerg move faster on creep, but creep is only on our home turf. So if we are being attacked, the speed boost would only help once attacker is deep into the base which usually means your losing. Overlords spread creep when floating still. But this isn't being utilized very much. Idea: How about letting Overlords move and spread creep at the same time? (after upgraded speed) You could set overlord on follow the army, or have the army follow the overlord's lead while its spreading creep. This will play into how zerg are supposed to be speedy. This would greatly help the Hydras. Hydra speed on creep is how it should be on regular dry land. So what do yall think?DROIDXFIT4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Queen of Blades vs. Terran Kerrigan Who's hotter? Don't be vanilla, people.Mike13 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 What if Spawning Pools could be Larva'd? As topic...what if queens could target Spawning Pools to spawn larvae? not make it on their own, just when a queen did it.Uratoh4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Video of me beating DIAMOND zerg with marines Occasionally I like to deviate from my standard mech opening vs zerg and try to beat them with mass tier 1 units literally the whole game. If they mass banelings I like to play defensively and lay bunkers all over the map while expanding and producing ridiculous quantities of marines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVDhrU1I-HAbradforj21 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zergs hard counter is...zerg? Okay.. I may be silver...so my opinion matters not. But still.... Is it just me or are z v z games usually the toughest/indepth games you have? I mean... Terran MMM-mech. You either out econ them and win...or you dont Toss are almost always stalkers. But its like...our zerg strats..work best against zerg.... zerg rush.....well Terran wall off, and zealot hardcounter zerglings. But you catch a zerg player offguard with a rush..and theres little they can do about it. Nothing eats away my mutas like hydras and the only people I can use roach burrow effectively on is other zerg. And the way that zerg units line up close together makes our poor flatfooted ultralisks very happyAschen0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Need some critique In the replay at the bottom of this post contains a 50 minute game. I win by basically living through his bases first mineral cycle. I feel I was better than my opponent, but I could not go in for the kill at any moment. One of the limiting factors that just crippled me (in my own opinion) are my resources mounting up and never getting used. What can I spend those resources on to give me an edge? Another hatchery? Also, I'd love macro advice. Im bad at it but want to start incorporating it. Do I hotkey my hatches or my queen? Please be critical, I want to pinpoint problems in my play to get past them. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77497-1v1-terran-zerg-lost-templeLuis7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Just got bumped... to bronzicle. it makes me sad. but it is what it is i guess. thnx zerg difficulty lol!ThatOneGuy0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 T are ok T are OK. Need no balancing. Fizgig10 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Custom cheese? This isn't a QQ thread at all, but i was just wondering what would give anyone the desire to cheese during a custom game? I play alot of 2v2 customs when I'm bored, and today every other round my teammate was either 6 pooling or doing an all in strat that would make the game last 10 minutes max... I figure a custom game where win/losses don't count for anything most people would actually try practicing? Any thoughts on the other peoples logic for cheesing during custom games? MattB2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvP how do u beat protoss? 2 weeks ago i used to have a real high win percentage against protoss but, now its like gg everygame. Only times i used to lose were when they went psi storms but, now its just straight up 4 gate that #!!!s me.lamz3 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 noob zerg strat I was wondering if this build would be effective against all these noobs massing voidrays and other air units. kinda bad at typing build orders so its gonna devolve into my strat for msot protoss 10 overlord 13 pool extractor 15 queen 6 lings for starting D speed ungrade overlord 2nd gas evo chamber 14 lings +1 attack baneling nest 6 lings scout with one ling and build banelings accordingly to get through their cannons take out cannons and have 14 lings on the way > start lair > build spire. 4 more banelings rush with massed lings for eco harrass > baneling into their probes when they run. > 7 corruptors with armor upgrade eventually to brood lord if bane/speedling attack doesnt go well. Can anyone help me and let me know if this sucks or if i could clean it up a little? Bast5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 hi fellow zergs I need some help. Lately I have been having a LOT of trouble versus my fellow brethren. I can eat Protoss and Terran for breakfast unless they go mass mass mech + marines. But when I play Zerg I don't know what to do. Some stuff that I do: 14gas14pool slings and blings. 15gas15pool tech to hydras and slings 15gas15pool skip queen into mutalisks Would any of these be any good against Zerg, should I tweak them until I find a good solid opening? ._.Kisper5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Curious On Why This Is I was watching Idra, LiquidTLO and those top zerg players play in games, and why is it they expand so early? I saw LiquidTLO expand in several games at 15. Wouldn't this put them in risk of being rushed? Just trying to figure out the logic behind it. I know this will help mid game a whole lot, just seems so risky.Skorax6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Uh oh new kind of terran attack Has anyone seen the marine thor rush? Just played a terran and after he walled I went for quick expo. I took too long to get the lair and overseer up in time so I didnt see him fast tech to thors. I was expecting banshees or maybe marines and mauraders so i prepared for both. I dont know about anyone else here but infestor with infest ability is not one of my fast techs. The thors are rediculously hard to stop and they can get them up at about the same time as banshees. Spine crawlers do nothing against them. After a couple waves of marines and thors I found it impossible to stop. Anyone else seen this and what is a good counter? I think my only hope was to tech up and build up early but really who goes for that when they the turtle go up?BMetal22 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 [b]1k points Dimond leage zerg with few ?s[/b If u know please do answer. if u dont dont make crap up. 1) which of the following senrios will mine fastest: 20 drones at one expo 10 at one 10 at another or both with mine at same speed. i am asking this so when my first expo drops, if i pull drones from main, will they mine faster if spit 50/50. 2) are bangs good counter against maurders. from expreince it takes like 5 bangs to take 1 maruder out, however when i watch pro replays. bangs are always used against maruders. what exactly is the deal? 3) how exactly do bangs work. if u notice on their "abiliy tabs" if u may. there are like 2 diffrent tabs to click on. will it do more dmg if i click on those tabs when near enemy. or is it best to just chase enemy down?ElmoEasy18 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 good player streams fellow zergies, do you guys have any links to good zerg players who stream? I wanna start watching if I have the time. thanksdrenami0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvT help Now that I've got Protoss under my belt (I haven't lost to one in a long time) I'm having trouble with Terran, specifically Hellion/Marauder: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77667-1v1-terran-zerg-steppes-of-war How am I supposed to build up a larger army than what I had that early when I also have to focus on getting Drones and an Expansion? I'm going to try going all in drones (almost no Zerglings/Banelings) and using them to build Spine Crawlers and see if that works.Nogan2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvT/P Real Life Interpretation Now tell me; does this video portray or not exactly how Zerg feels right now? You dodge crap all game and finally, when the guy on the other end decides he can't do anything, you take charge. When are we going to get OUR stick to start off with? Edit: I should probably link the video. http://www.break.com/index/amazing-choreographed-fight-scene.htmlrottenpotato0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Toxic Creep feedback ? would this help against mass stalkers or mass marines with medivacs ?DiscipleOf12 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Fun Fact: Infested Terran can BURROW! I found this out today while playing around with infested terran. I spewed a whole bunch of them to defend against a Banshee+Viking rush and then unburrowed to cast Fungal Growth to keep those pesky air units from escaping. After I FG'ed I had all of the units selected and accidentally burrowed with the infested terran. It was actually kind of funny. Unfortunately the terran's life still ticks down while burrowed but I did find it funny. Sure its not useful at all, but its just something interesting I found :)Sphinxks1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 10, 2010 Spawn Larvae Suggestion I don't want spawn larvae to be autocast; that would make zerg macro both a bit too boring and a lot easier. That said, when we use the queen's ability to spawn larvae on the minimap, the cursor has to be directly on top of the hatchery, which is a pretty small block on the minimap. Wouldn't it be better if they made it so that the cursor has to be near (I don't know exactly how near, I'm sure that would be decided during testing), but not on the hatchery? It would be easier to actually click to spawn larvae, but we would still have to have the timing down. I cannot find any reason why this change would be imba.Superbert3 Sep 10, 2010
Sep 10, 2010 Aside from Reapers... (TvZ) Hi guys, let me start off by saying i am not trolling and am seriously looking for help. I am a diamond 1v1 and 2v2 terran player, and my hardest MU is zerg. I do ok with the MU as long as I go reaper, but with that patch in the works, the game is going to change alot. I was wondering, what is it that the zerg fear aside from reaper? I have 2 high level diamond zerg friends (1st place and 6th place on there ladders) and they have said that reapers are all they fear...I want to try and do something different. hints? please no "terran is op zerg suck" posts... thanks in advance.TDIris24 Sep 10, 2010
Sep 10, 2010 Add spawn larva skill to hatchery... Add spawn larva skill to the hatch... If the queen is in proximity! This makes zerg macro a few clicks easier.. If a queen is near hatchery.. Select hatchery, click spawn larva, queen walks up to hatchery and spawns larva... Of course keep it on the queen aswell... But I mean chrono and mule are on command and nexus, makes sense for balancing macro?squi6 Sep 10, 2010