Zerg Discussion

Sep 11, 2010 Critique my ZvP Haven't played 1v1 in a while so was doing a custom match and played this diamond 1v1 guy. I think its entertaining. A bit of roach action. A bit of psi dodging. Fun for the modern masochist. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77714-1v1-protoss-zerg-metalopolisKineLord6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Having a lot of trouble vs Toss So I was on a roll lately, but this morning I lost something like five straight games vs. Toss. Typical 4-gate build, and I really don't know how to defend against it. I've tried to expand fast, turtle, use lings/roaches or hydras/lings/roaches, nothing seems to work. I even tried early pressure of my own with some roach rushes, and that doesn't accomplish much. I KNOW if I can get map control, I can beat them. Hydras are so ridiculously good against Toss it's not even funny. The problem is, as I'm playing more skilled players, they're realizing that early pressure is the key to Zerg victory. Prevent me from expanding (which is really easy to do) and I'm done for. One game I even threw up four spine crawlers just to give myself extra time to prepare my army, and advanced the crawlers to my expansion when I created it; but of course, the other player decided to attack JUST then, and was able to take out my crawlers while they were reburrowing. I'm really at a loss of what to do. Should I turtle in hard, and make a second hatch at my base so I can match his unit production?Brett17 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Need help with Queen micro/macro Ive been watching a lot of high level replays simply to try and grasp how to macro effectively (which i have concluded is the best way to play zerg) and ive noticed that the players tend to put all their queens and hatchs to one key ex. queens on 4, and hatchs on 5. Im just curious to know if it is possible to cycle which hatch or queen i have selected with out clicking the unit they are all on one keybind. for example i sometimes want to select the opposite queen to spawn larva with out having to click on the unit. Putting them on one key makes it harder for me to do this and feels like Im playing much slower. Any other macro tips would be much appreciated :] POODED2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Any time I take an advantage against Terran I just expand to the entire map and run around the map for 20min with a 200/200 ultra army and smile and wave until he rage-quits. Does anyone else take simple pleasure in rolling over weaker Terran players in their bracket and basically ruin the day for them? Yesterday, a Terran player even accused me of playing a nub race because it was the easiest 1v1. Colrath20 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Terran God Mix Is there anyway to win against this? FYI: The god mix is: Marine, Marauder, Medivac, Tank, Thor, Hellion. I just played a Terran who on only 2 bases made a 200/200 army of this with 1/1 upgrades by the 18 minute mark. I was on 4 bases and only at 150ish supply. Needless to say i got obliterated.inDefinite4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Can anyone tell me how to beat this Not a whine post so please dont say "zerg underpowered" Aside from all-ining im not sure how to beat a toss who one gate forge early expands and sends a few early zeas at you. ~1000 point diamond match replay on sc2replayed here. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77872-1v1-protoss-zerg-blistering-sand I killed his forge seconds before his 2 attack timing finished. Do you think i could have held if i hadnt pushed out ?Chesmuffin7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Ok, I just had to try it.. see whats it like to play terran. What i hated most about that race was the marines, marauders, medivacs... so i made them, (it was a t v p), send them to his base. I didnt even have to do anything, they did their thing, and won. It was so easy! Now the question, should i play terran and get the easy win, or play zerg which is frustrating. ps. i forgot to upgrade stim, still won.BigRed10 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Whats with all the 6 pooling? So I just played 4 games and in two of them the opponent 6pooled. Not complaining cause they are basically free wins for me, but I couldn't believe that diamond players were 6 pooling me. Durantula28 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerglings/Banelings are OP? So..... I just got done playing a match against a terran player whose opening strategy was rushing with Reapers. My opening strat against this terran was mass zerglings with some banelings to bust his front door.... Nothing really too complicated. After I bust down his door, kill his couple marines and reapers he starts calling me names and claims I used a noob strategy. Zerg have 3 early offensive creatures, Zerglings, Banelings, and Roaches. Roaches don't do to well against Terran so I didn't bother getting any roaches, and this guy goes crazy ape##%# calling me all sorts of names and claims I'm noob. Lol, WTH am I supposed to do, go roaches so it's an easy win for him? Build mass drones so he can come kill me with no real challenge? What about hole myself up with Spine crawlers and just wait for him to roll me over with siege tanks. Some of these terran players I just don't understand. I find it humorous that I just used a simple opening strat, and it rolled him over. And he called me a super noob because everyone knows Zerglings + banelings > Terran starting units. Lol, there was no real point to this post other than to point out the hilarity.Apocalypse12 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 how to play zerg if you look i am currently in the bronze league. i am 5th in the league and play random. currently i win around 80% or my matches as protoss and 70 % with terran. i only win around 55% of matches with zerg (this is over last 15 matches) im trying to get to silver and my 55% zerg win doesn't help with that goal. so far as zerg i have .nearly mastered queen spawn larve .mastered mutalisk micro . mastered use of infectors spawn infested terran ( 5 full infestors = 40 marines which can take down mineral lines and buildings while infestors burrow away i have difficulty with .always having 2 expansions fully stocked . always harassing . running out of supply and vespane gas tips im working with . 2 hatcheries at main base . 2 queens at main base to fight off early air and to keep spawn larvae up . 1 queen at each x pac i ask for help so that i may do better as zerg Hirron4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 My buddy and i go against double toss... We scout and see cannons,so we assume its a cannon push. I decide to mass spine crawlers and spread creep to stop them from doing so. The result is a 30 minute game where i mass spine crawlers around the entire map,while building no unit a teir higher then a queen. Much luls. Replay:http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78076-2v2-terran-protoss-zerg-tempestMarzbar0 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvP Diamond Replay: My Hardest Win Yet http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/78059-1v1-protoss-zerg-desert-oasis This one is soooo close. I literally win by a half-building. After my initial attack failed, and then an early void-ray showed up in my base, I came very close to just resigning but I'm glad I played it out. My opp was a #4 Diamond, although admittedly from a weaker Diamond league, but Diamond nonetheless. If he'd had a bit stronger 'killer' instinct he could have been more aggressive in the base trade and probably would have won. Lir1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 winning 9/14 matches with this strat. INC wall of text. Now I am a Gold player, and honestly I dont 1v1 much. But I decided I wanted the roach portrait so I thought what the hell. (btw if you check match history, the 10 1v1 losses in a row were when I was trying worker rush.....which doesn't work in gold. but I thought it'd be interesting to see if it did work, pennoyer gave me the idea ^_^). Also I dont wanna hear "Derp this won't work in diamond newb", well thats great but this may be a useful tool for Gold and Below Zerg players. If you have a negative opinion without expressing it in a manner thats trying to contribute, then please dont express it at all....) Remember, this is only like.....46 (realistic games, not counting my worker rushes) that I played, and winning more than half of them AINT bad, and i wasn't using this strat at all for the first 10 wins. So I know I dont have alot of experience......but hey.....it works for me so maybe it'll work for you. ANYWAYS..... once I actually started to play serious I found this strat, it's common but Im just sharing my experiences with it. At one time I had a 7 winning streak using it. But needless to say it helped me get my Portrait. Anyways Basically you start out with your normal 14 Pool build, I usually get Overlord at 10. keep pumping out drones till 14. make a spawning pool and extractor. once extractor is done immediately put 3 on it. Once spawning pool finishes, make a roach warren immediatly, and then a queen asap. after that every other larva I make a roach, and I do overlords at -3 supply till Im capped. after i make a queen I typically use the 100 gas to mutate it into a hive. Once hive is complete research Roach speed, and burrow as soon as you can. In between this all Im pumping at roaches whenever I have the gas. NO LINGS unless you have an emergency. Sometimes Ill throw a spine crawler up if I see a Ton of Zerglings or Marines, i've only needed to once or twice tho, and Queen+Drones attack move usually does the trick. Also you will typically have around 3-4 Roaches when they attack if they do. AND ALWAYS make sure you have overlords between you and the enemy player. Anyways, once I get about 10-11 roaches Ill attack, by the time Speed is finishing, and about when I get to their base burrow is done. Also when im attacking (and winning) i rally point my hatchery to outside their base for reinforcements (with hydra if I need). CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM WELCOME! Seems to work well against: 2gate Quick VR Hydras Terran tech Marine Rush MM ball (to an extent) Quick Mech (IE hellions and a thor or two) Fails against: Reaper rush (sometimes) 4gate stalkers MASS lings REPLAYS: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77797-1v1-protoss-zerg-kulas-ravine (VR RUSH) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77795-1v1-protoss-zerg-kulas-ravine (4gate, FAILED) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77792-1v1-zerg-steppes-of-war (Mass Ling, was very close but I won) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77792-1v1-zerg-steppes-of-war (4gate stalkers, FAILED) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77671-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns (Quicktech terran) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77609-1v1-zerg-blistering-sands (Somewhat similar strat as me) remember this is just a few replays, I lost 5 out of the 14 matches using this strat, thats ntb at all IMO. Remember it's about pushing with a decent sized forced a short time in the game, obviously this build fails BADLY if you wait too long (which you will see in a few of the replays) Infested19 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 My zerg v zerg rush strategy (youtube video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z1FzkpxwLA please comment with your thoughts.Valbrand8 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvP high templar help Hi guys, I'm looking for some help on how to counter high templars. I'm a somewhat decent 1v1 player, in the platinum league I hold my own. However I have a friend that I regularly play 1v1 against who, although he is a silver level player, can usually beat me but crushing all of my forces with high templars. Once I realize he has them I never seem to have time to tech to mutas or ultralisks (those are resistant to psi storm, correct?). Is there a better way to counter them, or do I need to just scout more and see it coming? Or is it a micro problem? Any help would be appreciated.Jazz4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Question about queens... In the earlier stages of the game is it advisable to get two queens then go lair tech or just one queen then lair tech? I get the whole fact that Zerg has to react to the other player, but is it worth ot get a second queen as suppose to a roach warren or baneling nest?Thomasg6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 It doesn't matter I don't give a *!%* what anyone says. Zerg was done wrong. Stop trying to defend blizzard or get better w/ zerg. It just doesn't matter. I quit till its fixed ( I doubt it won't until HoTS when we have to pay another $60) This half-BS where they're trying to "balance" it in this upcomming patch doesn't fix the real problem with zerg. Zerg was just designed wrong. Period. It's not swarmy and the units all suck. I'm sick of playing zerg and I don't much like terran or toss. I know you don't give a crap what I think but whatever. #!%# it. OrionHunter17 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg upper map bases consistently slow I was doing some playing today against the AI on Insane and noticed something that I'm sure can have a big effect in upper level matches. I wouldnt have mentioned it, but it seems to be very unfair for zerg players who start off in the upper parts of the map. The zerg base starts off with three larva directly below its base. At the lower bases, this puts the larva extra close to the mineral fields. However, on upper bases, the mineral fields are above the hatcheries so this puts the larva further away from these fields. The difference comes out in the economy and thus who is able to build faster in the first few minutes. Drones that are built from hatcheries located in the lower parts of the map have much less distance to travel and so begin harvesting much sooner than drones built from hatcheries located in the upper parts of the map. This always gives an unfair advantage to players who start out in the lower bases.Sogfrog10 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Help against Four Gates. I'm having difficulty holding off four gates and three gate / immortal. I've tried staying at one base and using the choke to my advantage, even building a few spine crawlers and a evolution chamber to block. But staying in-base so long ends up costing me the mid-game position I really need to secure.Bonisaur6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Another Zerg Ragequit Given I didn't play that well here, but this is the straw that broke my back: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=147450 I'm sitting out SC 2 ladder play until the patch. **edited to specify ladder play, I'm still playing custom** ModusPwnens69 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Just cheesed my way to turney victory! HAHA just won a little turney my local university put on. it wasnt that that advertised so there was only about 15 people. First place was 50 bucks to i was like eh ok im down. It was double elimination and they all played Terran pretty much. I was the only zerg! They let me pick the map every time except finals. I picked scrap station of course and delta quadrant. All i did was baneling bust. hahaha they didnt know how to wall. like shooting fish in a barrel, easy 50 bucks in my pocket! Snizzapple14 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 6pool When to do it, when not to: If it is a 4 player map, do not 6pool. It will take you too long to find the opponent, voiding the 6pool advantage. If it is a map with a long travel distance, do not 6pool. see above. If the enemy player is a terran, do not 6pool. If you run into a wall, gg. If the enemy is a zerg, do not 6pool. This is for reasons of respect, and if his workers/queen kill your zerglings he will out macro you easily and its gg. (Defensive 10 pool could easily take on an offensive 6 pool) By now you are probably thinking: "Well when does it actually work to 6pool?" The answer: Small maps against protoss. How to ensure a successful 6pool in the above scenario: Constanly reinforce the zerglings (If you don't go all in, you will lose) Hit the pylon powering the gateway first (It becomes all the more important if he is trying to chronoboost out a zealot). He may pull a couple workers off to try and stop you, just kill them. When he pulls all his workers off to fend you off: DO NOT ENGAGE Kite the workers picking off stragglers and reinforcing your zerglings. BUY TIME, the more zerglings you have when you hit his workers the better. Do NOT let him rebuild the pylon, destroy the building pylon at all costs, and then get your zerglings away from the enemy workers. When you have picked off enough workers through attacking and kiting or you have enough reinforcements, go for the surround and finish him off. protoss leaves, and you get yourself a 5 minute win.Thorn12 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 queen and burrow..both need buffs for the high health, high cost and super slow movement speed, queens should definitely be doing more damage for both air and ground attacks. the ground attack more so than the air. why not make burrow allow all units to move while burrowed and not just roaches. boristhebd8 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Hey guys, back another question :D So I'm still definitely a beginner and only working my way up bronze... I believe im 18 or so, but that's besides the point. Being a beginner I watched a lot of videos and what not and they all say to mainly stick to 1 strat until it's pretty much second nature. Well I did that, but with 2 strats really. when I go for a quick expand/muta build (Larger maps that take a while to rush) once we get to i guess what you would call mid game, I end up with so many minerals that I don't know what to do with, because I just don't have the vespene to keep up. I'm just wondering what to do with this. It usually happens after my second expand and i have 3 total bases. I try to make a bunch of drones and just turn them into crawlers as defense, but still slows down army production too. I guesss normally you would say by then you should have a decent army, but I'm a huge muta harasser, so I lose them fairly often too, so I do do a lot of muta rebuilding too. Anyway, just looking for ideas to use the money. (When I have the 3 bases, I do have both extractors with 3 drones in each, so Im maxxed out on what I can get out of them) Thanks so much guys in advance :DBeergut4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Zerg vs Terran, Need Help!!! I play random and I am by no means a good zerg player but, if i missed the chance to crack his wall using blings before he started pumping out siege tanks, and all he does are marines, siege tanks, a few thors, and missile turrets everywhere, what am i supposed to do? He simply stayed in his base untill he had enugh to drop thors siege tanks and marines in my base, idefeated this but i could not find a way to break his defenses even when i entered his base a couple of times. He simply held until a high pop count og siege tanks, thors, marines an then atacked This happened in the map Delta Quadrant Help!!!NaviAlivad3 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 What's a Good Zerg Build, Anyway? Mostly, in late game, I just train units more or less at random, without any coherent focus of what I plan to do with them. I don't understand the purpose of zerg units very well, I guess. What are excellent ways to go with zerg units, and what are those builds best for?Crimson5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Can't stop doom drops... Ok, this is for 2v2 games. Me and my buddy who plays toss keep ending up against double Terran. We know they are coming and still they come to my base and there isn't a d@mn thing I can do. Terran load up a ton of medivacs and doom drop the dreaded MMM ball into my base. Last game I even threw down 3 spore crawlers, had two queens, and several hydras, I shot down maybe 1-2, but the rest all landed in my base and crushed me. It was mainly mauraders so the blings were not all that effective and there was just enough marines that mutas would have been eaten. This is one thing I REALLY hate about zerg is that if we pump courrpters early to fend something like this off, we die from ground units and it was a choice of making more hydras at the cost of the unit that could actually kill the units if they decided to attack my front door (which they did at the same time) Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this? Even in 1v1 I keep having maurader drops kicking my butt... I thought about fast teching mutas to get them in route but the last time I tried that they just sent them on the ground through my front door... Maelleous6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 nydus worm viable? it seems like there are many many possibilities with nydus.. for instance last game i played vs toss. He was 2 gaterushing with zealots and stalkers while creating units in the robo facility (2 colossi)... He took his army and was attacking my expansion i saw this as the oppurtune moment so i nydus wormed with my overlord's los in the corner of my opponents base came in and destroyed three pylons causing him to bring a majority of his army back then he attacked again and i did it again destroying his whole mineral line and nexus he was done... will upload relay later i have to go to workDan11 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Changelings, awesome unit I was at work a few hours ago and thought to myself Changelings are a Unit... Xel' Naga towers need a unit... So I got home and sure enough it work, this is so great, works better for certain maps. This makes up for the terrible scouting ability of the changeling IMO and I hope that some of you find this usefulRooD7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Maphacking in a 35 minute ZvZ http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77397-1v1-zerg-metalopolis This game was interesting for 2 reasons: 1. It is not often ZvZ's go this long so I thought I would post the game as it was quite fun and seemingly even matched. 2. After reviewing the replay, this guy was CLEARLY maphacking! He never scouts once and is constantly surveying my base and army. My favorite is when his first 4 mutas popped and he went around the map killing my overlords, putting the camera directly over them in the FoW and sending is mutas around. This guy was ranked 3rd in diamond, hopefully with the help of this thread and reporting him in game, he'll go to being banned =) EDIT: Forgot the link hahainDefinite15 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Getting lings to attack workers I'm running into this all the time. I manage to sneak some lings into an enemy mineral line, and when I order them to attack the workers they choose to attack anything but them, be it a spine crawler that only has 1 or 2 tiles exposed , or the zealots I just evaded. Even when I micro them exactly between their workers, any action I take be it attack-moving a nearby spot, or just stopping them makes them run AROUND all the workers and attack anything else that gets them killed faster with the least damage done. Clicking each worker individually is very inefficient and also makes them all bunch up and lose damage (since the AI likes to make them surround the target with a few, and make the rest run in circles around them doing nothing) giving the enemy enough time to react. Firgeis3 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 I need build order for fastest speedlings Does anyone have a fastest build order to get out speedlings? I normally do 13pool 12 extractor but I feel it can be a bit faster. Or is it too crippling (like 6pooling) if you try to get speedlings too early? Thanks.Dragon6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 What Zerg lack that Terran & Protoss Possess -Units that can attack air prior tier 2 -A unit that does +dmg to armored targets prior to tier 2 (Dont even get ours until tier 3) -Tier 3 units that can attack air -A unit that can attack while stealthed (No, infestors dont attack) -A viable way to wall off -Cliff climbers -A main base that has an energy bar to add some creativity to your gameplay. -Special abilities that can completely change the tide of the game (Examples: Nukes, EMP Psy Storm, Force fields) -Just in general having less units then Terran and Protoss have. So yea, I was bored so I decided to make a list of some pretty important things that Zerg lack and Terran/Protoss have. Obviously we dont need all of these things, and it can even be debated that we need none of these things since there are already many successful Zerg players out there. However, I think this is a very beefy list of some pretty essential things that put Zerg at a slight disadvantage, and i kinda question why Blizzard would make 2 races pretty balanced by giving them similar (yet unique) abilities, and then just leave 1 race without these and expect them to preform up to par. I could understand if they had it more like (random examples) where lets say only Protoss have cliff climbers, then only Terran have Tier 1 AA, then only Zerg have +dmg armor units in tier 1, etc, etc, etc. But when you make it that two races have a whole list of extremely useful abilities, then leave one race out on them without much compensation, then it really puts them at a disadvantage imo. This isn't mean to be a QQ post, i just want to know how the rest of the Zerg community feel about these issues. Are we really compensated enough with other things to make up for these things we lack? Or do we really need to get a bump up in order to be on par with Terran and Protoss?Bear6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 What is zerg's best economic opening build? Playing a lot of FFA's lately. Assuming all openents don't attack you in the first 5 minutes, what zerg opening will get you the best economy into mid and late game?pokerbrat6 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 i question zerg buildings or just 1 :P wtf is the baneling building?Zergling7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Fun Fact: Infested Terran commit suicide :( Another Fun Fact. Infested terran can live forever, they simply choose not to. At the end of the duration of the infested terran, they point the gun at their head and fire committing suicide. Clearly we don't have that much of a hold on these terran yet, they still possess some of their humanity enough to want to kill themselves rather than continue to work as our minions. Edit: Now that I think of it, Suicide is not exactly "fun". So forgive my title.Sphinxks14 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Drone Split Concept Well, today it seems as though the hot topic of discussion is the Terran Mule, and how it gives them such a vast advantage over Zerg in terms of economy. Protoss, also possessing an optional economy boost through Chrono Boosting out Probes, is a lot more of a fair concept since that boost could be used elsewhere. This got me thinking about what the Zerg could have as a method of boosting economy and bringing a little less stress on our Larva being spread too thin between Drone, Overlord, and unit production. What about giving the Drone a "Fragmentation" ability that gives them the option to "split" into two variants of themselves? The stats of the two Drones would also be sliced in half to reflect what had transpired...making them far more vulnerable to attack and harassment...while giving us a method of quickly boosting our economy through more, but weaker, workers. You could also use this ability on Drones that you want to have making buildings...effectively splitting and then morphing them into structures rather than using it for the economy boost. This way, you won't weaken your workers...but you'll still bring a little less stress upon your larva count. You could only "split" your Drones a single time...and the split stats would not effect the stats of buildings that these "lesser" Drones morphed into. There could even be a visual variation in split Drones, most likely size and perhaps coloration, that contributes to the balance of the ability...showing the enemy that you had weakened your mineral line by splitting Drones. Any thoughts, this could have been suggested before...I haven't the faintest. Fragmentation: Effectively splits the Drone into two lesser variations of it's former incarnation, with both resulting Drones possessing the following stats: Sight Range: 4 Hit Points: 20 Damage: 2.5 Ability Cost: Either 25 Minerals, X amount of time to split, or a reduction in harvesting efficiency by 50% as Valdmir stated. I feel that any one of these would balance the ability out perfectly fine...if you think otherwise, by all means...please voice your opinion. Note: Each Drone can only split once, resulting lesser Drones do not have the split ability. Further methods of Balance: By Siswaiaman: ... -Making this an upgrade at the Hatchery for X amount of minerals and gas so that it does drastically further boost our ability to rush. -A cooldown on the ability for X duration.Tenebrae30 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 WoW, NEVER give up! (replay inside) I thought I was done for in this match. But I fight till the end! http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77880-1v1-terran-zerg-metalopolisLaced1 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Roach beat Protoss Crybaby Bronze beat gold, Zerg beat Protoss mass roach beat mass stalker http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/77870-1v1-protoss-zerg-metalopolis edit: look at how he thought my expo was my mainJay5 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Double-clicking Cocoons Double-clicking cocoons should select all like units within the cocoons, not all cocoons. Would this be a problem for anyone?Dorian7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 have queens start out with 50 energy I find that especially early game I have to use all my energy to spawn larvae. With the number of zerglings you need to have an effective force coupled with needing to spawn overlords and drones we can't really afford to lose a cast of spawn larvae. I just though hey why not have the queen spawn with 50 energy. Most other casters do why not the queen. Just a thought.Spherion14 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Good players/micro > 6pool? http://blip.tv/file/4099157 Shut. The. F***. Up. Your incessant drivel hurts my brain.Saint9 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Larvae per Energy Idea (NOT Auto/Smartcast) Queen 150 minerals Initial Energy 25/200 Maximum Energy 200 Energy Regeneration - 0.5625 50 Second Build Time Cannot be built while morphing to Lair/Hive Spawn Larvae(Current) - 25 Energy Queens can target a hatchery/lair/hive with Queen Ichor,[4] causing it to swell and grow green sacs which burst, producing four larvae. These join any already-present larvae. The larva-producing structure will not naturally produce any more larvae until the total falls below three. The larva count for any given hatchery/lair/hive does not exceed nineteen, no matter how many times spawn larva is cast. So here's the idea... -Reduce Queens Maximum Energy to 100 -When Spawn Larvae is cast, all available energy on the Queen is spent, producing 1 Larvae at a rate of 1 Larvae per 6 available energy. What does this accomplish? The window for Spawn Larvae is widened and more forgiving by a large margin! At an energy regeneration rate of .5625/sec it would take a Queen 177 seconds to regenerate it's entire 100/100 pool.(Currently 354 seconds)16 extra larvae can be produced every 177 seconds, effectively only requiring spawn larvae to be cast once every 3 minutes. Of course you will have to use it more often than that in the early game since you'll need units quickly, but late game where theres a ton of things to do at all times, the current 40 second window to select your Queens and click multiple Hatcheries on the minimap to avoid wasting Spawn Larvae cool downs is way too constricting. Currently you may only spawn 4 larvae at a time, with no option to dump ALL energy immediately like Terrans and Protoss with their Chronoboost, Mule, Scanner, etc. The total larvae produced per minute is identical to the old mechanics, yet the only time the cooldown is wasted, is when your Queen is sitting at maximum energy, just like the Terran and Protoss counterpart abilities. However, with Multiple Queens with pooled energy, it would be possible to Spawn 16 Larvae, Morph them, and spawn 16 more immediately off a single hatchery. A Hatchery would need an internal cooldown based on the amount of energy used by a single Queen. Example: Queen A casts Spawn Larvae @ 100 energy. 16 Larvae are spawned after 40 seconds(same time as live but only 4 larvae spawn). Queen B could waltz over with 100 energy after the 40 seconds is up, and 16 MORE after 40 seconds on the same Hatchery. We can't have this as it's blatantly overpowered! On live, the cool-down is effectively 10 seconds per larva, thus a 100 energy dump on a Hatch should net 16 Larva, and a 160 second cooldown on the Hatchery for recieving a Spawn Larvae. It must be attached to the number of larvae spawned because just putting a 160 second flat cool-down on Spawn Larvae would cripple larvae generation in the early game where it's not possible to have Queens with pooled energy. An Alternative solution is simply to extend the Spawn Larvae "build time" on the Hatchery by 10 seconds for every 6 energy used. (That would be 4 larvae per 40 seconds just like live, but the Hatchery continues to spawn additional larva for another 120 seconds) Sounds like a fair solution to level the playing field and would definitely make the Zerg more swarm like again. Response to Post #2 Simple solution. Heal is 50 Energy. It would take 89 seconds at a regen rate of .5625/sec to pool 50 energy for a heal. Put a 1 minute 30 second cooldown on Heal and remove all energy costs. Decent trade-off because Queen spam healing especially with multiple Queens is a bit too strong anyway. Pre-emptive note to post that is sure to be posted: Yes at late game, Zerg will easily be able to replace a large army in less than one minute. However...that SHOULD be the late game power of a race nicknamed "The Swarm". Furthermore, minerals and gas limitations still apply. For the Zerg...who never have enough gas it means = main army gets wiped, inc 200 Zerglings. Seems fair to me and can be done even now if someone never misses a Spawn Larvae in it's current incarnation anyway. "Blah blah just give Terrans/Protoss Similar Cooldowns to Ours" Response: What is more fun for ALL races? Managing finicky and constricting macro mechanics...or spending more time and concentration on army positioning, micro and scouting? TLDR: Queen Redesign Queens maximum energy reduced to 100 Spawn Larvae now uses all available energy to spawn additional larvae(1 Larvae per 6 Energy expended) Spawn Larvae build time increased by 10 seconds per 6 energy used (Larvae released at 10 second intervals during build time) Transfusion now has a 90 second cooldown but no longer requires energy Also...press the Like button in the top right to get Blizzards attention! Barrierz108 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Spending Money as Zerg I play a lot of protoss and I always find an easy way to spend money, but as Zerg, I often find myself with tons of money and not many larvae, while still waiting for tech trees to build. I know I need to get better at managing Spawn Larvae, but I feel like this one ability is where the entirety of Zerg power comes from. As Protoss it's really easy to spend money with warpgates and super expensive units, whereas with Zerg, I feel like the only way to creat more units is with more hatcheries, which means I need to expand. Now I have no trouble expanding at all. In fact I find myself with more bases as Zerg than anything else. But with expanding comes more money. I suppose I shouldn't be complaining. Maybe I just need to get better at spawning larvae. It feels rather awkward to use.Coexistence2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 ZvT proper response? My opponent went for a reaper rush type deal, infantry + hellions, then went to banshees. I started off with a 13 extractor 14 pool type build for fast tech to speedlings. I scouted his wall and saw dual barracks, 1 built, one being built (marines otw) so I pulled my drones back and prepared for the reapers (Threw down a spine crawler, sent zerglings to the xelnaga towers, and got some ground forces ready) and fast expanded. I fended off the reapers and went for fast mutas I went speedling/baneling + muta for harrass. I lost alot of lings to hellions, and alot of mutas to stimmed marines, but I still managed to do so much damage economically while keeping him trapped in his base that he eventually left. TL:DR What is the appropriate response to marine/hellion build.Thorn4 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Diamond Rank and Jaded Aspirations So, I've been contemplating playing actual quick match games instead of custom ones for 1v1 ever since I finally got a new video card and don't crash anymore. However, I wanted to wait for the patch to give myself a little bit of an edge. However, as time passes and I read more and more on these forums, I find myself getting more and more Jaded about ever trying to reach Diamond status. I played in both betas and was Platinum in both, despite never playing sc1. Achieving Diamond seemed like something really fun to do when the game finally came out. However, I've noticed several things and I am not really liking the response so far. They are as follows: 1) The recent rise in the number of "Maphack" replays in League games I mean, why bother to get to Diamond if 1 in 3 players are at an advantage (3/3 if they are playing Terran. Ba-Dum Tss!). I certainly like to play on equal ground, but the number of users seems to be climbing. I don't want my win/loss ratio to be skewed by this! 2) Confusing balancing efforts It's kind of odd that the first patch of retail Starcraft2 is said to be taking balance "slowly in an effort to avoid massive disruption of gameplay" when the nerftruck was shifted into first gear in beta whilst plowing over the Zerg race. It's quite the confusing message. Make up your mind already. Starcraft is a game that you have to invest alot of time into to be good at, however, I feel like I'm wasting all of mine in Limbo atm. 3) Immortal Hack and Player Banning Recently, replays have been observed of a player that used Wargates to warp in Immortals. Rather it was an exploit or hack is irrelivant. I still feel as though these individuals are going to receive the same treatment that all of the maphackers are; they will simply be allowed to continue playing for several more weeks (or months) while the jury is out. I don't want my records ruined by these guys, and I think alot of other people here would agree. More specifically, I'm actually very surprised by the patience of people like Psy who tolerate that crap. This also isn't the first instance of Hacks invading a seemingly defenseless Blizzard game. Diablo 1 was utterly destroyed by the prevailence of hacks. Diablo two was as well, albiet at a slightly slower pace. I also witnessed my fair share of cheating in Blizzard's prized child, World of Warcraft. This seems to be an issue that infects the Blizzard game base in it's entirety. I feel unsecure while playing, and Blizzard's recent silence on these issues isn't comforting at all. In summation/TLDR: What I'm trying to ask is, do you players feel that getting to Diamond is still worthwhile with the issue of hacks, exploits, lack of banning, and confusing balance still prevailent? Am I some paranoid psychotic alone in my beliefs, or are they shared amongst an equally nervous community? I just don't feel as motivated to get to Diamond as I did previously and wanted to know how everyone else feels about this. Also, I put this in the Zerg Community forums because I like ya'll the best and my post won't drown in .. those.. threads like the other forums. Ya'll always give the best answers anyways. :P Terrornoid15 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 A video about StarCraft Balance An interesting video I found regarding the balance of StarCraft 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ijwtGCaRg&p=D525C341920BE2CA&playnext=1&index=4 Looking at this, I can see that SC1 had way more outright problems than SC2. I have faith that blizzard will get it perfectly balanced in time. I just hope it won't take years and tons of patches.Aniki7 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Hey Everybody! :D Check out my new portrait! Fine sexy lady she is isn't she? Just won 250 1v1 league games today, yay me! Edit: Am I the first Zerg player to get this portrait? I haven't seen anyone else who has it yet.Centurion20 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Diamond Protoss looking for 2v2 zerg partner Hi im just looking for a decent zerg player for 2v2 matches. Getting a little bored with 1v1. The only thing i ask is that you have Ventrillo cause thats what I use to talk... Just message me on here or in gameJoker2 Sep 11, 2010
Sep 11, 2010 Clan Vinciti is now recruiting ( sponsored) We are a sponsored team and are now recruiting. To join goto www.vinciti.cz.cc to applyErjar0 Sep 11, 2010