Zerg Discussion

Sep 8, 2010 Epic Korean Roaches Argos Vs. Carrain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HveAkF9Npnw Epic.FTB16 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 A comparison of Terran imbalance to my life I am going to make this one statement. I believe that the root of all terran imbalance lies within 1 unit, the MULE. Around the age of 10, I started to notice that my dad didn't like me very much. I also noticed that he seemed to like my sister (who is 6 years older than me) a lot more than he liked me. My sister went to college when she was 17, my dad paid for her tuition (a very expensive college), the cost of moving her to the school, and 4 years of rent in various apartments. In this time-span he also bought her 3 cars, 2 of which she totaled. Never once did I hear him complain about spending money on her. When I was around 15 my dad told me I better get a job, because I'd be paying my way through college with no help from him. I'd receive no help, no money, and no support. I was forced to develop character and fend for myself in the real world, something my sister to this day, 8 years later, has still not developed. She now lives back at home working at the mall, whereas I work for a solar electric engineering company with a degree in Electrical Engineering. My point is, is that my dad GAVE her the money she needed to get herself through life. It was handed to her for no rhyme or reason, she didn't deserve it, she didn't work for it, she was given an advantage over me because my dad liked her more. The Terran MULE is this exact same scenario. The MULE is not a requirement or necessity to the terran army. It does not provide a purpose that the terran army would be devastated without. It solely exists because it was given to terran, for no reason, to give them an advantage. The MULE allows terran to not only out produce the 2 other races due to their insanely better economy, but it allows them to do silly things that no other race can do. One such example is the MULE allows a terran player to build missle turrets in their base. Not just 1, not just 2, not even 3, but generally between 8-10 missle turrets between their main and natural. All of this is possible with absolutely no cut in unit production. Why? because the terran economy is perfectly balanced without MULEs and insanely better with them. Terran players say scan costs 270 minerals. Let me be as harsh as possible, it doesn't cost anything. By scanning, you are not LOSING anything. Every dollar my sister spent was given to her, she didn't earn it, she didn't deserve it. It was given to her. By spending this money on something, she wasn't losing anything, she was simply gaining whatever she wanted with no cost to her. The MULE doesn't cost anything, it is a free 270 minerals that Terran gets every 1 minute for no reason. The MULE allows terran players with 70% scv count to still keep up in minerals with the other 2 races. Why? For no reason. They are given an advantage by design. If the MULE did not exists, the minerals they give would still be mined, just more slowly by normal SCVS at the normal mining rate consistent with the other 2 races. There is no net loss in minerals whatsoever. My resolution? Add a 40 second cooldown to MULE so it cannot be spammed when bad players with bad macro forget to use it. And reduce the minerals harvested from 270 to 150 to be more equivalent but slightly better to a supply drop. Without the MULE or a less insanely overpowered version of it, terran play would be much more balanced. It would stop the utterly retarded builds like 5 rax reaper, or 4 rax factory tank push 7 minutes into the game. It would stop the asinine ability to make 10-15 missle turrets to deny mutas and void rays with ZERO hit to unit production. It would allow the game to be more fun and balanced. And yes, someone has daddy issues ;) Let the trolling and flaming begin.inDefinite69 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 stim conc costs as much as hydra range wtf combat shields costs as much as ling speed. okay i guess thats kinda even but then lategame marines are just so much better at least lings have that attackspeed upgrade at tier 3... hmmm hydras 80health 5range default marauders 125health 6range default and marauders are 25gas cheaper than hydras hydras cost 50 more gas than 2 marines, are tier 2, and they are pretty much the same thing. maybe even worse since marine armies have healing with 2-3 medivacstaketobreak1 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 What are some good ZZ 2v2 strats? Thanks :)Luong10 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Nuclear Banelings!!! "Nuclear Baneling Detected" crapcrapcrapcraBOOM Just an idea. Seriously though, what if the Zerg ever got The Bomb? O.oNaticusREX21 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 ok, I've had enough. the game imbalance is just simply too bad anymore to even play... I've already uninstalled, deleted, removed cash/temp/everything other than this account.. thus.. in the immortal words of a once great game, "whatever man.. I'm gone.."Talquin13 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 hatchery costs more than CC and Nexus each race spends 100 minerals for 8 supply. so every supply a structure gives you is worth 12.5 minerals hatchery costs 325 300 + 50 for drone - 25 for giving 2 supply hatchery gets to buy a queen for 150 which is a macro mechanic that takes 2 food up lategame giving you a smaller 200 food army lategame and 1queen stops becoming a defense lategame and it just means your army is smaller. thats all. congrats. also the hatchery is the most expensive main building meaning its the hardest for zerg to expo when you look at the math command center costs 262.5 400 - 137.5 for giving 11 supply command center can lift off or become a orbital or the most overpowered defensive structure in the game nexus costs 275 400 - 125 for giving 10 supply nexus comes with a free 150 mineral upgrade, chrono boost taketobreak21 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Creep tumor thoughts I currently think the creep spreading mechanic is too micro intensive for how easy it is to fight creep off. Creep tumors take all of 1 second for any unit to kill. I was thinking that what if creep tumors could use burrow after you researched it at the lair? Wouldn't be extremely strong or anything but would at least take some minimal effort by the enemy to counter. Also a marginally small buff to the creep spreading speed might be nice.theodb10 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 I know how to fix Zerg & give super fairness OK first the situation. Terran command center with 6 scvs and a Protoss Nexus with 6 probes both cost 400 + 300 minerals. Zerg starts with one Hatchery and 6 drones, 300+300=600. All 3 teams get an additional 50 minerals cash The solution; give Zerg an addition building to start, one spine crawler. This would help with some of zergs biggest problems; zealot rushes, 6 pool zerglings, reaper harass and hellion harass, and bunker rushes. It would also help considerably with zergs doing early expand, which is intended to be one of their strong suits. It wouldn't help zerg much with their 6 pool zergling rush, which is strong enough already. Comments and questions and discussion appreciated! Thanks Blizzard and fellow players!Zamuel13 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Infestors and EMP Since when does EMP affect biological organisms? It really doesn't make sense that Infestors lose all their "energy". Well it wipes their psi lol! Since when is spitting fungus, pooping infested terran and sending a long meat tube psi? Hell I can spit fungus. Just sayin, I know they won't change it. Don't want to make ghosts completely useless do we?Thanatos0 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Hydras so fast 1. I am sick and tired of everything everyone seems to complain about zerg. They're all pro-zerg who just whine and whine and whine because something they do is counterable. And then there are the 100s of players who haven't even played 1 league game saying units are bad and have no use. And then there are 100s of ppl who consistently post their "unique" ideas. Guess what! Your cliff walking zerglings/banelings/ultras or lurker/scourge/defiler call back thread or DARK SWARM/PDD=DS threads have been done about 1000 times. 2. Sick of people saying hydras are slow. They are NORMAL speed. Hydras on creep are faster than roaches WITH speed upgrade ON creep. Use them improperly at your own demise. Its called overlord creep highways. 3. Finally, sick of people saying early MM pushes are hard to counter when ZERGLINGS w/ speed upgrade counter them just fine.KineLord6 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Changeling... undetectable? So I was playing a PVZ with a buddy of mine and was just going over the replay when I noticed that the Changeling was able to walk right by a cannon I had at the entrance of my base without the slightest bit of detection from the cannon. Now correct me if I am wrong but isn't the changeling supposed to be detected by detector units? Does not really make sense that it waltzed right past my ramp defenses and some stalkers guarding the entrance without any problems... is this a bug? Let me know you're thoughts. Thanks, ~AthansAthans5 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 When should you stop expanding? Zerg is the race that requires the most expanding, but how much expanding is too much? I remember losing a match (I had 6 bases, vs a guy's 2 bases), needless to say, I had so many workers that I didn't have enough supplies to have a bigger attacking army. How many bases do you guys think is the optimum number for a good balance of income and attack force?Dragon4 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 ZvT replay: reaper rush + marauder (diamond) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/74186-1v1-terran-zerg-lost-temple Well, I realize that I made a few mistakes in this game but I would like some critiques on how to improve on what I did. The biggest thing I see and I try to work on is I don't hotkey my hatcheries. I try to do it but I always forget. I did succeed though... I think more on the terran's failure than my part but I did what I had to do. Thanks in advance for the critique.Glitch6 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Terran Scanner Sweep makes burrow useless Scanner sweep should not be able to detect burrowed units. Burrowed units can not attack while burrowed and most can not move and the ones that can move, move very slowly off creep. They have ravens and missile turrets to detect for heaven sake.Drune50 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 New idea for leagues! Here's the idea: Remove the current leagues. The new leagues, in order from best to worst, will be: -Terran League -Protoss League -Zerg League This way, it's more accurate and easier to tell how good a player is. If you're a zerg player in the Terran league, you're pretty awesome. If you're a terran player only playing on par with the Zerg league, you're terrible. FireHazard2 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 We are the zerg. We have evolved... into $hit.Wrath20 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Fix the attack animations and sounds. I know the Hydralisk spit attack in SC1 was retconed and replaced with the spines, which was the way it was supposed to be all along. But at least give us the juices that dislodge the spine from the muscle and lubricate its passage between the squeezed muscle. Make the green juices come out just near the Hydralisk. And for god sakes, fix the sound. I know the Zerg is supposed to suck, but at least let us sound ferocious? The soundscape in this game is TERRIBLE. Nipels0 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Fastest Baneling Rush?? Hey guys, Just wondering what is your fastest and most EFFICIENT baneling bust you have ever done on either a Terran or Protoss? Post replays if you want to give away your build order!! :P I know I wouldn't want to, since it is faster than 90% of the people that do it. It works alot in the Diamond league, because I developed a build order to perfect it around 5:00 average time -- Best timing is 4:43, and if I am really bad, 5:30's =\ So yeah, just thought you guys should share what your fastest bling busts are, and if you want, post replay and show your build order! Enjoy~!HaRyChEs3 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Cliff-jumping Zergling 50/50 T1.5 Upgrade Easy. Give Zerg a Reaper. Terran have more harassment units than Zerg, which is funny because Terran also boasts the best defense of any race, and the easiest Macro Mechanic (Mule). They have Hellions, Reapers, Vikings, and Banshees. That is FOUR, count them, FOUR incredibly good harassing units for there appearance time in the game, and the remainder their of, minus the Reaper who loses its utility past the early game. Hell, the two air options are especially potent, because as it stands now, Zerg have no legitimate AA. Unless they know your air harass is coming, you have likely just one the game. What harassing units do the Zerg have? The Zergling! This feisty critter is rendered completely useless as an early game harassing unit by a Terran oldy, but a nooby, The Wall in. What next? Hmm... The Roach is a harassing unit! You just have to tech to Tier 2, and than spend 350 minerals and 350 gas to make it the least bit effective. You also have to wait for 3 upgrades to finish while hoping the Terran didn't mass an army behind that black curtain of his. Mutalisks! This is the best harasser in the game! Or so you would think. The Spire has an incredibly long build time, and once the Terran knows you are getting one, it only takes a few seconds to throw down missile turrets in there mineral line. These missile turrets don't hurt their economy though, because the Mule is just chugging away. This all is assuming he hasn't stomped you already with a Timing push of MM. Let's not forget the gas involved with Mutalisks is immense and that they are mid game harassers at BEST. So what next? Ahh... the Infestor. I don't have much to say on this unit, except that its usefulness disappears to a scan and/or when the energy runs out. Also their is a large gas price to go along with it. So what is the solution to wall-ins? Give Zerglings a 50/50 cliff jumping upgrade available only after Zergling speed is researched. This would delay it about as long as the Reaper is delayed. With Zergling speed and cliff-jumping upgraded, Zerg might actually have a real chance to scout their opponents build. They might actually be able to harass in the early game like they are supposed to. They might actually have a level playing field. Nipels28 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Hydra change was a mistake Seriously, why would they do that? Combining two hydras from sc1 to make a more expensive, higher food cost unit. Zerg is about having a lot of cheap units, that's what makes them unique from terran and protoss. Even if they tried to make the hydra a stronger unit, they failed. Let's see, attack damage slightly better, firing rate seems to be better, not sure, movement speed is same, and now without upgrade, hp remains the same, while both gas resource and food cost have been doubled. If you want "strength in numbers", turn to Terran bio ball, they are more effective than zerg in this concept. I don't know, I enjoyed the hydra-ling combo so much in sc1, they compliment each other so well, now the bread-and-butter unit is no more, one psi storm will melt your expensive T2 army, they are too slow to get out of the way, and too expensive to replace like zerglings. I just wish I can have the sc1 hydras back, fine, keep them at T2, but don't make them cost so much gas and food, sc2 hydra feels more like a nerf, unlike the stalker, which is like a buff to the dragoon, and the marines, which don't require the range upgrade anymore but instead get a cheap and effective combat shield upgrade. I wish zerg would have more 1-0.5 supply worth of units, that would make them much more like the swarm. I remember at one time the Hacthery could spawn 6 larves, that was a great idea, they could've just make only 3 of the larves able to morph into drones or overlords, instead of completely removing them.Frank0 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 screwing around played a 3v3 with a friend and my brother.. decided to screw around by 10 pool consistent mineral line harassment in our placement matches.. my base got wiped.. got 3 drones out in time though to build a new hatch.. my buddy went AFK and got his base wiped.. and my brother made dark templar..he proceeded to wipe out all 3 opponents resource lines and command centers while i built my army back up.. none of them lifted off their command centers in time either but lifted off all of their other buildings.. go figure definitely the most amusing game i've played against bad playersExecutor2 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Some Overlord help please. Hello fellow members of the swarm. I have some questions regarding the positioning and how to properly produce overlords. Recently I've been playing matches were once the mid game hits it seems I will often absent mindedly forget to produce more overlords, Thus hampering my larva spawn timing. My question is if I should be spawning an overlord once I start getting near my supply cap? Or should I keep trying to produce them until I cap myself at 200 supply? So I don't have to worry about it. My second question is how you guys like to position your overlords? Do you try to scatter them throughout the map? Hide them? Or possibly keep them all clumped up inside your main? Thx for all your help guys in making a lowly bronze zerg player slightly better. ^^Rogue11 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Kerrigan is UP Put a woman in charge and the whole damn race goes to hell. She's so UP that virtually every unit in the zerg arsenal -devolved- since brood war. Now that kerrigan is gone we need to get the overmind back. He was always the brain with the master plan. He'd have the hydras running at top speed again. He'd give detector status back to overlords where it belongs, he'd morph us some lurkers, he'd bring back plague. He'd -use- brutalisks and omegalisks against his enemies instead of just letting them sit around in dark tunnels and odd corners of the map. Lets merge some cerebrates already! /would settle for daggoth //the overmind has got the skills Incinerate55 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Need some General Tips vs Terran I know I know, 10000000000000000000000000th thread. But my problem is with terran, and yes it's bioball. It's like...I go Roaches/Lings/Banelings. But my banelings can never reach them , even if I disract with lings. Also Marauders block marines, so they dont take much damage from banelings. I know I should have Infestors out, but if you try to get them out they never have enough for FG. BTW whats a good number of infestors to have? 2-3? Im starting to thing Zerglings are kinda useless. and roaches get torn apart by marauders. So should I just be going Ling/Bane/Muta? or whatInfested6 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Reapers... Stop complaining about them plz Seriously why are all Zerg players complaining about early reaper harass??? All zerg players these days go for Fast expands and Fast tech ups while relying on 6 or 7 zerglings for defence only. All races should be punished early for making little to no units and just teching/fast expanding. If you want to counter mass reaper rush then just mass roaches and counter his base. He'll only have 1 or 2 marauders by the time you get there and you'll have around 10 roaches (if you go one base play and dont tech). If T or P try to fast expand your zerglings would destroy it and contain us so really theres nothing we can do. Reapers are the only answer against a zerg who is fast expanding/Teching up and they should be because every race should have an answer for an opponent who is neglecting early defences. Zerg is complaining because they arent allowed to get economic advantage and tech advantage at the same time anymore and just overpower the Terran with mutalisks and high teched units... Seriously learn to adapt and not go with the same build everygame so you dont end up looking like Idra.... Learn from the koreans that do 1 base zerg and destroy terran/protoss opponents, not try to copy idras fast expand builds and whine because you cant pull it off.KiriKitsune76 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Sooo early Stalker push.... I wanted to know what strategies work against a stalker push early on. I know lings and roaches can usually clean up stalkers np, but I just played a match where neither my upgraded +1 attack speedlings, nor my roaches could do anything to stop it. It was extremely annoying and he put a pylon just outside my base and I didn't see it. My opponent was also micro-ing his stalkers in the most obnoxious way: putting them on my entrance ramp, then pulling back, then coming back up, pulling back. Anyone have any good strategies to handle this? And the match was only I'd say 5-6 minutes in when this happened, so I don't think fast tech would help.HydrogenHum2 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 3v3 Alright. Yea im bronze 3v3. i was wondering if theres anything i need to know that can helpme improve my game. Im still trying to find a good wayof approaching these games. recently iv been going speedlings straight to hydras. Is this good, bad? i know roaches have there advangtes of takeing out zelots and marines. but i just hate how its not an anti air. Late game, if they game turns into those almost stalemates i normally get broodlords and corrupters. Its just like devour and gardiuen from sc and bw. I didnt play zerg in broodwar though(online) just mainly toss. i am scared to try and do zerg on 1v1. as i expect the very worst. also had the worst luck during the pplacement matches for 2v2. Arbiter8 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Beating a dead horse I just played a 2v2.. double zerg vs double protoss. They 4 gated double zealot rush and we counter with roaches. They started spamming stalkers and we started spamming hydras and held them back once more. My partner and I both had two saturated expansions with map control, creep to the enemies' door, the protoss had 1 expansion each. We scouted collosus and templars coming and i teched to 3/3/5 ultras. I was pop capped on ultras/infestors and left over hydras with no NP, it was still researching. They attacked with stalkers/temps/collosus and rolled over ultras like it was nothing, even with FG down. Zerg is my favorite race and I'm scared to even go random on the off chance I might get shafted, I think i'll spam reapers with terran and laugh as I gib nexus in two seconds. Thanks for your time pals.constantino4 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 4 Queens 8 Transfusions Replay (Platinum) This was a ZvP, we both didn't expand. He 6 Gated and I ran a double hatch. Just wanted to share how my 4 queens saved me from a loss against mass Charge zealots with 8 Transfusions on a single Spine Crawler. Tell me what you think. http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&&id=147157Zergster17 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Those silly Terrans So I wanna hear some stories of where you've felt what is stated above, for me I always lewl when I see Terrans using vikings thinking they're the counter to mutas (lolwut?) and also when I see them using their cc's energy to call down additional supplies and scans, no mules. My final one I want to put out there is when a Terran thinks that I'll stop producing banelings to roflstomp his Bio Balls (hehe balls) sending wave after wave to their demise. Now that I've told my "Silly Terran" moments I wanna hear other peoples' :DBobomberman10 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 looking to get better So as zerg, I have been moving up from mid bottom silver to top of gold now, and have been playing lots of platinum players as a result of having anywhere between 5 and 8 more wins than loses. Lately though, these top-o-platinum leaguers that I've been matched against (namely protoss and terran) I have been having lots of issues with. Basically, I'm always torn between wanting to try and push out with my ground army or wait back at my base to try and fend off a very powerful push. My question is should I continue to scout throughout the game and build an army to counter and wait for a push then try and counterattack? Or, should I just always try to build mutas to harass while massing some sort of mineral-heavy-gas-cheap army back at my base? I am leaning towards the latter since the mutas scout AND harass.Clonosaurus6 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 ok so something about zerg is bothering me... OK so anytime you play against protoss or terran, there is usually one unit that you HAVE to respond to or you'll lose the game. Protoss, you must respond to collosus or you will lose guaranteed since they wipe out zerg armies like no other. For the terran, it seems like its every unit, but I'm sure there is more than 1: thors, marauders, hellions, reapers, etc... Then for zerg, does terran or protoss EVER have to say to themselves "uh oh, zerg player has such and such, I better build such-and-such unit to counter it" or do they just say "ill build some air defense units (like stalkers or mass marines) to protect against muta harass and then build a few collosi or thors and then a-move at the zerg" In fact, do you ever see protoss or zerg scout you except at the beginning to make sure you dont 6 pool them? It just seems like zerg is lacking in that one unit to make the other races go "oh *!!#" outside of the absurdly expensive and hard to tech to broodlords. food for thoughtClonosaurus22 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 No ideas Vs Toss Seriously, I got nothing. I lose every game these days vs Toss. They seem to be all 4 gate or 3 gate + Robo strats. or Pheonix + Zealots I tried 1) 10 pool to Zerglings, Banelings and Roaches with an initial push while building economy. I even usually get an expansion out, but their counter push just ruins me. 2) 14 pool, early expand. Double the production. Still same issue. I usually cant even counter by 14 pool because they have a few cannons up. 3) Evo chamber wall in to Multalisks. This didnt work for me either. I got pwned by Pheonix's, while he expanded all over the map. Since I cant move my buildings to get out, my own units from my main were useless. Zerglings - get destroyed even in numbers. Banelings - stall them for a bit. Roaches - work initially but get melted too fast as soon as they have a good number of stalkers mixed in with the zealots. Multalisks get pwned by Pheonix's. Hydralisks - get melted by the stalkers, even when in a roach+hydra+speedling combo. Seriously, Im out of ideas. Right - so the point of the post was - obviously SOMEONE is winning Vs Toss. So what strat's are being employed to win?Calculon4 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 I suck today Seriously. I've played over 200 games, way more than my normal bronze brethren, but I still seem to be consistently losing today. I had pulled up to a 50% win percent at about 45 games, making up for a 20% in the first 20, I'd pulled even ahead of that, getting 10 games above 50 50... and then today. I've lost 4 extra games under 50/50, even though two of my wins were due to random DCs on the other end, and 1 was due to someone randomly surrendering as they were about to win. Seriously, this is a #%!@% thread, but I suck today and I'm pissed and sad. :(Hadrian8 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Delta Quadrant I FEEL and imbalance for Zerg on it. I can't put my finger on it so I won't say that it IS. What I FEEL is broken is the easy backdoor entrance, the expansions are too close together allowing other races to easily 3 base which is takes zerg at least 4 base to stay even, which is difficult as the fourth is harder to defend. And the fact that the expansion area off to the side is so tight and is easy to get in, since it is so tight zerg suffers just because of zerg's nature. *Blink stalkers can also blink from one expansion to another while you need to move your entire army back and forth. I've seen this in a game already! Now I would say the solution is to kill the observer giving sight, however stalkers can pretty much one-shot overseers. I am not saying to immediately remove this map Blizzard, I'm just saying keep an eye on it, watch who wins and how they win, and if you see a problem then please just fix it as you usually do, after much speculation.Sense3 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 I have a question. A) what zerg unit can effectively counter 12 orso zealots? B) what zerg unit can effectively counter 19 orso stalkers with blinking abilities? C) what zerg unit (if any) can counter colossi? D) what zerg combination (if any) can stop all 3 of these at once?Talquin15 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Z dont have it, others does. Z do not have the Choke Def Z do not have cliff climbing units Z do not have invis while attacking units Z do not have middle class units (exp: Tank, banshee, immortal, void ray don't tell me hydra is because the list above are very effective even in small amount or even just 1!) Z do not have multi use main base (toss's speed up, tarren's scan, mule, extra supply) Z do not have building armor upgrades (maybe not important but tarren and toss have an option to upgrade and we don't?) just asking why don't we have these goodies. tell me if we should have any of these above as a ZSanami28 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Platinum replay needing critique I've been dancing around the top of my platinum division for awhile trying to break through. I played a great game against a protoss on steppes of war in which I was able to hold off a 2 gate, a warpgate timing push with two void rays, and I won't spoil the rest, but I'm just looking for some advice on any aspects of play you might notice or opportunities in the game that I could have done something differently. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/75275-1v1-protoss-zerg-steppes-of-war Points I've considered: - I had an ultralisk cavern building when I'd already pretty much won, even though they were a poor unit choice against what he was showing me. I pretty much instinctively get them because that's what I usually use my hive for and I didn't have a spire in this game. Maybe mutas and late broodlords would have been better. - Some micro mistakes with zerglings vs stalkers that I am aware of at various points. I don't want this to turn into a thread about how I'm platinum and my opponent sucks; I'm trying to improve my mechanics and better understand starcraft II and the ZvP matchup which quite honestly has given me more trouble than ZvT lately. Please keep the bashing of my opponent to a minimum, even though I know there are certain aspects of my strategy that may have been less than successful if he weren't as good. Keep in mind that even pros make mistakes. EDIT: Only I would type all that and forget the replay. Link is included now.Jechte12 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Request: Bring back Lurker and Scourge I'm making this thread in hopes that all of you would help support it (keep it bumped and with draw as much as attention as you can to it). I firmly believe that if we had these two units, a lot of our problems would be fixed or at least alleviated to a degree that we will hear almost no more complaints on ZvT. Banelings are extremely useful against MMM Balls, sure, but they are not ultimate answer, there are times were they are just too difficult to deploy or simply not possible. (Theorycraft need not apply). I don't think Lurkers and Banelings overlap, but rather compliment each other on the same role (which is currently not properly filled. Scourges would help a lot not only for early AA against quick tech for harassment, but also help fulfill a scouting role that is honestly lacking for a race that is supposed to be reactionary. Good players Terrans and Protoss will simply not let you drop a Changeling inside their bases and a kamikaze overlord is not my idea of excellent scouting. As of right now, both Protoss and Terrans have superior scouting to us, and I only ask that we're put on par with them. Please keep this thread alive and try to draw as much attention to it, I don't think we're asking for too much (adding back units that are already ingame), especially since the last thing we should give up is hope.LittleEmp0 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 This is how Zerg Reproduce. http://hiphotos.baidu.com/fightforlove/pic/item/e049b950cbdd4556853524a1.jpg?v=tbs The hatchery is a lie.Seraph17 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Terran Player "Hydras Need a Buff" Hydras seriously need a buff. How are they different in SC2. Why do they need to be 2 food and slow? Zerg used to win by overwhelming the opponent but this is no longer possible with high Supply values. Hydras have and still are glass cannons. Can't they be 1 Food? Or will this break the game? To me they seem easy enough to deal with that big numbers of them would be ok. They also need a small speed buff off creep.(Tried out Zerg their pretty slow off creep)Raiden41 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 I got pwned by reapers And was wondering what I could have done better to win this game.. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/75122-1v1-terran-zerg-cavernes-xelnaga heres the replayNoC14 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Light vs Armored So most the time you will use zerglings vs any armored unit, but this isn't because they do +armored damage to them, nor do any other zerg unit, but because the armored unit probably does +damage to other armored units like roaches. Stalkers and Marauders both do +damage to armored units, why doesn't zerg get this perk until an ultra pops out?Crensh0 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Hatcheries cost 400 mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg&feature=relatedRevelation54 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 The Nydus Network:: Factual Quick Reference. This thread will be a collection of general facts about the Nydus Network concentrating on its mechanical abilities and limitations. While I think this particular building is under used and under appreciated I can't really comment on realizing its use strategically. I am a crappy player. I didn't play SC2 Beta. I am currently only in the Silver tier. With the understanding that there are a lot of players out there just like me, who may not know all the nuances of different zerg units and structures, and spend most of our time trying to smooth out our simple game play I present this guide Perhaps with this guide as a reference, players who want to be more creative in their gameplay can spend their time doing strategical experiments with the Nydus Network: THE NYDUS NETWORK GENERAL FACTS: --The Front End of a Nydus Network is called a 'Nydus Worm'. --The Back End is called a 'Nydus Network.' --'Nydus Worms' are spawned by 'Nydus Networks'. --'Nydus Networks' are spawned by drones. --'Nydus Networks' can only be spawned on creep. -'Nydus Worms' can only be spawned in places you have sight and have enough room to spawn a 'Nydus Worm' --After it is done spawning, a 'Nydus Worm' will begin to spawn creep around it. The maximum radius appears to be the same as a creep tumor. COSTS: --It costs 150 minerals and 200 gas to spawn a 'Nydus Network'. --It costs 100 minerals and 100 gas to spawn a 'Nydus Worm' --It costs 50 units of time to spawn a 'Nydus Network' --It costs 20 units of time to spawn a 'Nydus Worm' --The 'Nydus Network' is unlocked with Lair Tech. STATS: --Both the 'Nydus Network' and the 'Nydus Worm' are Armored/Biological/Structures. --The 'Nydus Network' has 850 HP and 1 armor. These stats cannot be upgraded. --The 'Nydus Worm' has 200 HP and 1 armor. These stats cannot be upgraded. USING THE NETWORK: LOADING AND UNLOADING: --All Nydus Nodes are interconnected. Troops loaded into any 'Nydus Worm' or 'Nydus Network' can be unloaded at any other 'Nydus Worm' or 'Nydus Network'. There is no Parenting. --All Nydus Nodes can set Rally Points. Troops unloaded from those nodes will travel to the rally point the same way units rally from hatcheries. --Hatcheries can Rally to any Nydus Node and units will enter the Nydus Network. --Units unload from the Nydus Network in the order they were inserted. --Only Units that were inside the Nydus System at the time of the Unload All order will unload. If more units are loaded into the system they will stay there until a subsequent unload order is issued. --Individual units can be selected to unload from the Nydus Network. --If you have multiple Nydus Nodes under the same control group and 'Unload All (D)' units will unload equally and simultaneously between the nodes. SPAWNING 'NYDUS WORMS' --Each 'Nydus Network' can only spawn one 'Nydus Worm' at a time. --'Nydus Networks' can queue 'Nydus Worms.' As soon as the first is done spawning the second will start. --If you have two or more 'Nydus Networks' you can spawn two 'Nydus Worms' simultaneously. The limit is based on the number of 'Nydus Networks' you have created. Note you must have the 'Nydus Networks' grouped to spawn worms simultaneously or the worms will queue instead. --'Nydus Worms' cannot be canceled once they have begun spawning. There is no option to at either the 'Nydus Worm' that is being spawned or at the 'Nydus Network' spawning the worm. --Queued 'Nydus Worms' can be canceled by selecting the 'Nydus Network' that queued them to be spawned and using the 'stop' command. This will cancel ALL worms that have been queued. All resource costs will be refunded in full for the canceled worms. --When a 'Nydus Worm' has completed spawning it will 'scream'. The scream is heard by all players on the map, much like a nuclear launch warning. --Queens cannot transfuse a 'Nydus Worm' while it is still spawning. Queens may transfuse after the 'building' is 'constructed'. UNITS: --Units cannot enter a Nydus Node while burrowed. --Flying Units cannot enter a Nydus Node. --Infested Marines cannot enter a Nydus Node. --Broodlings cannot enter a Nydus Node. --Neural Parasited units cannot enter a Nydus Node. --Neither Spine Crawlers nor Spore Crawlers can enter a Nydus Node. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN?: --If a 'Nydus Network' is destroyed while in the process of spawning a 'Nydus Worm' both the 'Nydus Network' and the 'Nydus Worm' are destroyed. Regardless of whether there are other 'Nydus Worms' or 'Nydus Networks' already built. There is parenting only during the spawning process. --If a 'Nydus Network' is destroyed after it has spawned a 'Nydus Worm' only the 'Nydus Network' is destroyed. --If all Nydus Nodes are destroyed, any troops still inside the Network at the time of the final Node's destruction are lost.Room60 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Replay Advbice please http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/75163-1v1-terran-zerg-scrap-station Thanks\!Adam2 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Why When all I do is practice zerg, everytime I queue as terran I always--always---ALWAYS get a major % change in winning. Everytime I 2v2 as terran it's plausible -- I mean, I AM learning, but jesus *%!*ing christ, when I play zerg I know it better, but my partner tells me to queue terran regardless because we have a better ratio like so. It's so damn easy to play Terran. Is it just because it's a recent release or what? #*@@, time to go queue as terran for practice since i'm not learning #*@@ losing against people who don't scout, don't do 1/4 the #*@@ I 'try' and do. In no way am I sayin' I'm good, but wtf. I try. These terran #*##*es don't, and they still have a major advantage.Teaturtle4 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Changeling Concept (Terror/Harass unit) I'm not sure about how many of you actually tried this, but have you ever taken a closer look at the Changeling model in the game...zoomed in and really looked? It's actually quite an interesting model, and the mechanic behind it's design is very nifty with the way that it sucks it's upper body into the sack-like abdomen, when at rest. Regardless, I was thinking about how Zerg lack when it comes to terror units, harassing, due to the wall in strategy of both Terran and Protoss. This lead me to a passing thought as I was looking at the Changeling. In its current form, it's a scout...lifespan on a timer because it would essentially break the 200 supply cap otherwise, which is understandable. It has no attack because such would defeat its purpose...and if it did possess an attack, the fact that it has to be manually targeted would make the creature overpowered...all understandable. This does, however, not reflect the lore...which paints the Changeling as far more than a simplistic spy, and actually a rather stealthy assassin-like creature capable of causing some adequate terror amongst the enemy. So, why not reflect this in game...but to ensure it does not go against the current Changeling nature, make the attacking variant require a morph. This morph would, essentially, make the Changeling a true unit...cost minerals, gas, supply, whatever it takes to balance the ability. Now you could deploy your Changeling scout, traverse around the base...then go off and hide in a blindspot to morph into your more assassin-like form...run right back to their weak points that you had previously scouted, and terrorize the opponent. This morph would stabilize the genetic structure of the Changeling, thus removing its life timer and giving you a true, solid, harassing unit. The unit wouldn't be able to morph back, but since you spawn the creature from the Overseer and it's initial cost is nothing more than energy...you wouldn't need it to possess much of an ability to get out of the base...just like the Changeling in the lore. That creature went in, it scouted and collected data, and then it effectively proceeded to assassinate people one at a time. Just imagine, you're sending forth an Overseer and deploying a few Changelings that effectively shapeshift into the enemy, scouting around for you. Then, instead of just having them die off, you could morph them into a terror unit behind the enemy lines...harassing the mineral lines or whatever weak point you had scouted out within the "Changeling" form. Not quite cliff traversing...but an interesting Zerg natured manner of harass. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/ChangelingTenebrae40 Sep 8, 2010
Sep 8, 2010 Map Editor Customization As the lurker is in the Galaxy Editor as are Scourge, is it possible to make custom games that that have been 'patched' by the players? For instance ladder games where the Zerg have these units and other tweaking, and if so how does one do it?GiGiDy0 Sep 8, 2010