Zerg Discussion

Oct 6, 2016 Liberators... Can this !@#$ %^- unit get removed please?? who thought a flying siege tank that counters most of the zerg arsonal was a good idea? Counters muta / ultra / (not hydras, but they have a hard time fighting bio) / corruptors with any amount of viking or thor support... The siege time is really fast, and if they manage to siege even remotely close to an expansion you might as well count it as gone... they have way too much mobility for a siege unit. to top it off they can be reactored... really??Chewy4 Oct 6, 2016
Oct 5, 2016 ZvT help I'm a new player and I've adopted Zerg as my main. I've been at a loss of how to attack Terran bases, which is about 60% of my games at silver 1. It seems with a few tanks, missle turrets, and that gun thing on the base, I can't attack their base without getting decimated. It's too much aoe and the turrets prevent muta harass. I usually out macro the $#%* out of the from the looks of replays and my armies are WAAAAY bigger. It doesn't make a difference though because every time I attack a base, my army is destroyed. I will say I'm bad at late game so if I can't end by mid game I usually lose. Any advice would be appreciated, keep in mind I am very new to sc, although I played a lot of WC3.KnightsOfNii8 Oct 5, 2016
Oct 5, 2016 Looking for Practice Partner I think I have about a 10% win rate in PvZ right now. I'm in desperate need of a training partner. I'm in plat so plat or diamond zerg would be great. ThanksBaoTsetung3 Oct 5, 2016
Oct 4, 2016 Can someone link me to a VOD? ...where Ultralisks were a good idea? Thanks.Meneliki4 Oct 4, 2016
Oct 2, 2016 swarm host Is there a good youtube video for using swarm host defensively? Is there a way to set them and forget them like seige tanks? Seems like you have to manage their every action.Stephen1 Oct 2, 2016
Oct 1, 2016 Are swarm hosts EVER worth it? For being a unit literally designed just for harass, is there ever a time where it's actually a better decision to make them than just harassing with ling run bys, zerg drops, or mutas? I feel like these things are still totally useless and redundant......zerganator52 Oct 1, 2016
Sep 29, 2016 This may sound weird But is it viable to uproot spines and spores to bring with you when you attack? edit: I mean only fights that are on creepMacGoffin6 Sep 29, 2016
Sep 28, 2016 New Mission PACK! They should make a mission pack surrounding Zagara, Alexi, and Dehaka. The UED could come back from Earth (promised by Stukov) and they would try to eradicate or control the Zerg again using their psionic link against them, only to find that the broods don't have a single controlling hive mind anymore, they are controlled individually by their brood mother queens! This would help flesh out the story of Heart of the Swarm by explaining exactly how Kerrigan set the swarm up to never again be controlled for evil designs. PLUS we get closure on Stukov and Zagara.HapiThots2 Sep 28, 2016
Sep 27, 2016 My Placment! http://drop.sc/replay/3739406 ZvT and i got put in gold league 2. First game back in a long time except for a few 2s so i was rusty and a little nervous so definitely some mistakes but tell me what you guys think. Thanks!Insomniac8 Sep 27, 2016
Sep 25, 2016 My advice for Blizzard to add to Zerg thought starcarft campang and co-op we are given a description of zerg. This is what I have been able to pick up, .Evolve kill and grow stronger . Swarm use weaker units with more outcome .Poke prod and annoy This is how zerg are. .Don't evolve .Weaker units to swarm and they are cheep, but they are to week .Fine at poking and prodding not much improvement needed except for Terran there defenses are great at blocking zerg make them better there My recommendations for zerg .Increase power or decrees cost .include a weaker version of biomass in multiplayer .take away or heavily increase there unit cap. Pleas make zerg become what you say they are Blizzard -Eidolon zerg player silver leugeEidolon3 Sep 25, 2016
Sep 25, 2016 2Base Roach/Ravager/Speedling All-in ZvZ (BO) Prologue Now, I know I'm probably really late to the party with stuff like this, and I feel really bad for it, but I've been playing and refining out a low-eco 2base Roach/Ravager all-in lately, and decided to share it with you guys. General Overview This build, by any means, is not meta-breaking. However, as a general rule of thumb, a good all-in is an allin that crushes your opponent if not scouted or got scouted too late. This build fits this description well enough. This build opens with a Hatch/Gas/Pool opener for fast Speed and opts to hit a timing around the 4:15 minute mark, right before your opponent starts developing his tech, eco and army mass. The only time where I could see this build being dealt with blindly, is if your opponent opted to go for 2base aggression himself, in which case it really just becomes a 50/50, and the overall better player wins. 2Base Roach/Ravager/Speedling All-in 13 - Overlord 17 - Hatchery 18 - Gas 18 - Pool @100% Gas --> 3 Drones on gas @100% Pool --> Queen x2, Ling Speed, 2-6 Lings 27 - Overlord 28 - Roach Warren, 2nd Overlord* @100% Roach Warren + @200 gas --> Roach x8, Overlord x2 3:45 - Move out with 8 Roaches and 2-4 Lings @150 gas --> Morph Ravager x2 as you approach the opponent's base 4:15 --> Engage with 2 Ravagers, 6 Roaches, and 24ish Lings.** *Stop Drone production at 16 on minerals and 3 on gas, 19 total. **Dump all minerals into lings. Dump all gas into ravagers. Replays: http://ggtracker.com/matches/6805894 http://ggtracker.com/matches/6805948 http://ggtracker.com/matches/6805949 (More will be added upon demand) Conclusion If you're looking for a good build to surprise your opponent in Best of X formats (such as clan wars or tournaments), want to speed up your ladder progress, or simply tired of long macro games, then you should definitely give this build a try. This build (or at least the mini-guide, ay?) is brought to you by: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2166899/1/Altmax/llllllllllll6 Sep 25, 2016
Sep 23, 2016 Vibe trying to make swarm hosts work. Vibe is trying to make swarm hosts work. He got $50 to win a game with them. https://www.twitch.tv/vibelolMigrax2 Sep 23, 2016
Sep 22, 2016 Which Unit is Most OP? (poll) http://www.strawpoll.me/11275018IIIIIIIIIIII0 Sep 22, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 Zerg needs a supply cap Buff How can you honestly expect to call zerg the swarm race when they are capped out at 200/200 the same as the other races? I propose that zerg get a supply buff and be allowed to build a max army of 400/400. Every Pro replay I watch I see the zerg player with thousands of resources banked, and even tons of idle larvae, but just no way to possibly spend it.... Then their fragile army dies and as they franctily attempt to rebuild it, their other bases get crushed.... If we give zerg a buff in supply they can truly be called the swarm race. The way it is right now zerg is at a complete disadvantage. Any arguments?Scienzoflyfe26 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 LotV Timings In HotS my goal was full saturation on two bases or 44drones in 7:00 minutes. In LotV with the worker change what should I strive for? In other words, what is the new bench mark? Also with the new economy bases mine out faster so you need to take your third and fourth bases quicker. What is the timings on those?AncientOfDay5 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 Zling/Roach/Ravager As a Protoss player what's the best counter for this?noobtastic5 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 Zerg/Terran Best synergy? I've heard people say Zerg and Terran have the best team synergy in team games. What is your opinion as to why or why not?BansheeKing1 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 QUEEN BUFF remember the old melee talon animation when they get extra close let queens do bonus damage vs ground 18 zergling can kill 3 queens (same min cost) 3 times like back to back they can kill 3 queens again and againnova2 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 build order times What time do you consider early, mid and late games. So for example by 9 minutes I should have 120 over lords and be transitioning to mid game tatics. I realize there should be some ranges in here. I've been following the instructions on some YT channels for these build order and trying to lock down my times by using hot keys and reviewing replays. If you have a build order breakdown, please share it.Stephen3 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 Yay :) I've been playing SC2 on and off since just before the HotS launch. Not sure how long that is, but probably a couple years or so. For the overwhelming majority of that time, I've been in Gold League. All I've ever really wanted was that shiny Platinum border. This morning, I got it . :) Finally. My stomach twists with anxiety every time I hit the ranked button, but I finally fought through it and made plat. I'm not even concerned about making Diamond. I'm just psyched to be out of Gold. Plus, that Platinum border is so shiny and new. It's got that new car smell. Like a new car made out of Platinum. Anyway, I know most ppl don't care... I'm just wayyy too excited not to share. Thanks for reading. :) {M}Meneliki6 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 After the Cannon Rush? So I just played a game where a protoss succeeded in cannon rushing my natural (Note that none of my workers were killed). So what I did was get my bane nest and ling speed and sent 10-12 baneling at the 4 pylons and 3 cannons and successfully stopped the cannon rush. After, I tried to get a tough amount of roaches as my 2nd base started back up, but he then attacked with an immortal and 10 zealots or so and kept warping in zealots until I couldn't defend anymore. So what should I do once I get cannon rushed? Did I take it down correctly? What Should I do after I get cannon rushed? Thanks for reading, -SurgeSurge8 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 Queen Beginner Tip Hi, i just felt like giving a tip on the use of queens for injecting larvae. This one is really quick and simple: if you select a bunch of units, the Queens get nº1 priority. This means that if you select a queen, a few drones and a few overlords (ie making a big box around a hatchery) your queen will be the one that gets first on the hub, meaning you can simply use the queen inject hability instantly. The queen will always be the "active" unit of all the ones you select. This is useful for injecting, since you don't need to have your injecting queens on a control group, nor need to have your bases dead centre. I just use camera location hotkeys, make a big box around the hatchery, and i know that i can quickly press V and click on the hatch and my queen will inject. Minor issue: if you don't realize you lost the queen for that hatch, chances are you will select an overlord and morph it into an overseer when hitting V. But it almost never happens.Drego2 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 replays What's the best way to share a replay on here?Stephen4 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 17, 2016 Furry Zerg skins This is just a random thought when I saw someone called Ultralisks "perfectly fluffy". So, I kinda fantasize how the Zerg units look if they have fur. Like Ursadons, perhaps. If it's too much work to make for all Zerg units, then, only 1 or 2, maybe? I really want to see a furry and fluffy Ultralisk.Syltom6 Sep 17, 2016
Sep 17, 2016 Terran mech.... With the nwe patch i dont see how zerg is going to have a chance vs mech like hellbat/thor/tank wil make roach/ravager useless simply because tanks will 2 shot roaches and ravagers(riaches will have 5 hp so a marine will kill them) ling/bane wont work nor will mutas. The only thing i can see if broodlords but if they transition to cattlebruisers. Why are they buffing terran there already op?Soap8 Sep 17, 2016
Sep 13, 2016 I would like an official answer from blizzard What do you think of all this marine "all-in" nonsense (I hate to even call it all-in because of mules)... You know what I'm talking about, just watch any TvZ game from the GSL and see what the terran does (makaprime, boxer, bitbybitprime, mvp, etc etc etc....) I've only seen a few games so far where the terran doesn't do this marine (and sometimes scvs) "all-in" push.. One of the few TvZ games where the terran didn't do this is Jinros match, which also shows how Terran macro is NOT weak, unlike how many whining Terrans make it to be. The thing that I dislike about this marine all-in stuff is that it's very boring to watch.. Sure it's fun to see it the first few times, but now that every TvZ in the GSL (the ladder is starting to pick this up as well) is doing this, it's becoming quite lame and boring. Balance wise, it seems a little bit overpowered because of mules.. The terran can put a TON of pressure (even with scvs) and it's not even really an all-in because they can just plop down a mule and now the zerg is at a disadvantage if he had to pull drones.. This marine rushing is just as bad as when every terran went 5 rax reaper (inb4 people start complaining about how the reaper sucks now... it doesn't). In my opinion it just puts the Terran at such a big advantage and unless they seriously mess up, there is no consequence.. TL;DR This marine "all-in" stuff is not only extremely boring to watch game after game, but it seems like it gives the Terran too much of an advantage without any major consequences if they fail (mules). What do you (blizzard) think about this? Is it simply part of the metagame that zergs will have to learn to adapt to? Does something need tweaking? Bunkers? Mules? I want to hear what you guys think about this subject. P.S. Sorry I'm a horrible forum writer, if you guys need explanation of anything I said let me know.. I suck at writing hahagwjustin22 Sep 13, 2016
Sep 11, 2016 How do I use ravager Corrosive Bile? I can't seem to get the hang of using multiple corrosive bile shots to kill liberators or pylons and such.AncientOfDay7 Sep 11, 2016
Sep 10, 2016 Terran sucks anyone else agree?Alcapwn9 Sep 10, 2016
Sep 10, 2016 clean build Just trying to find a nice macro build order for zerg.OpenWide2 Sep 10, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 zvt detector units The terran unit over ran me quickly because I did not have detector units in place. I thought overlords are detectors. What should I have built to counter this? https://youtu.be/yGZW9DowQCE Thanks!Stephen4 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 5, 2016 ZvT dealing with tanks New player here, currently silver one and I'm struggling with dealing with Terran tanks. About 80% of my games are against Terran so it's quite a problem for me. I can't figure out how to deal with them, be it in their base or in open field battle. Any advice would help.KnightsOfNii6 Sep 5, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 Proxy 4 gate As a Zerg player who 15 Hatches before pool how do you stop a proxy 4-gate?noobtastic3 Sep 1, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 counter to roach 2 base all-in How do you counter 2 base roach all-in? Just have more roaches or what? Banelings???OpenWide6 Sep 1, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 help with diamond to masters what's the secret sauce? bronze->silver = build stuff silver->gold = build stuff gold->plat = econ + learning cheese defending plat->diamond = econ hard by reading players adv scouting etc diamond->masters? = no mistakes anywhere? micro? master of all? Do I need to like have sick control being able to money fungal and land ravager shots? If so I'll give up now and go back to tic tac toe. I know it's a large question and different for everyone just want to know what people think?BilboBagins11 Sep 1, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 LotV Baneling Bust Build Order? Looked online and cannot find any builds for the Baneling Bust for Legacy Of The Void. Anyone have a build order for it?Philantrophe2 Sep 1, 2016
Aug 31, 2016 Why.. :( Hey guys, I had a look at this game, not 100% sure why I lost. http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/3636501# Obviously I could've played better. Made a few mistakes here and there. Picked the wrong upgrade at the start (melee vs. ranged), got supply blocked for a bit, and creep spread could've been better. But all things considered, I don't think I was playing *horribly*, per se. Was I just macroing bad? He just seemed to have too much stuff. His units.. would.. not.. die. Was I just too roach heavy? Should I have gone heavier hydra? I wanted to, but the adepts were making me feel like I shouldn't. I scouted his gateways, figured a basic R/H/L comp would do the trick. It usually does. He just... had... soooo much =/ Should I have maxed out before saturating my 4th? Should I have been more aggressive towards his 3rd? He already had defenses there when his first army died. Ahhhhh....... Thanks {M}Meneliki5 Aug 31, 2016
Aug 30, 2016 Speed lings vs adept How many speed lings do you need per adept usually? Thanks.Insomniac15 Aug 30, 2016
Aug 29, 2016 Just got diamond but... I feel like it's only because of the new ladder. Although I've been in plat for a while so idk maybe I earned it hard to say. Anyone else in the same boat?NoNoUDo2 Aug 29, 2016
Aug 28, 2016 What's the best army against Terran? My Ravager/Hydra army doesn't seem to do much against a Bio/Mech Terran player. What is a good army against this type of player?TwinkleToes2 Aug 28, 2016
Aug 28, 2016 Zerg Veto Map Thread [2016 Ladder Season 3] Hello fellow Zergs! I would like to talk about everyone's thoughts about this season's current maps and how fellow Zerg players thoughts are on each of them. As of now I'm trying to wiggle my way out of silver and I don't have much legit input on specific matters so I'm reaching out for better players thoughts to see if my map pool is currently optimal. Right now I've just vetoed the 3 maps I have the most difficulty on for no specific reason other than that which are: Galactic Process LE, Apotheosis LE, and Dasan Station LE. Now my side question is it ultimately the players choice for how they feel and their playstyle or are there actual reasons why specific maps would be sub-par for Zerg? PS: Please don't flame my post if this has been gone over I've looked around for this seasons map discussion for Zerg and veto'ing and couldn't find much of anything ^_^ReNAmation2 Aug 28, 2016
Aug 28, 2016 mass carrier counter Do zerg have an answer to mass carrier (10+)? How do you cost effectively counter it? Hydralisk get shredded by intercepters. Corrupters and parasitic bomb are a huge gas drain and not cost effective. Any thoughts?StarCheese7 Aug 28, 2016
Aug 28, 2016 How Did I Lose This Game? First off, I'm not just a random salty player, I just want to know how I lost this ZvZ and how I could have won. I'm kinda confused since I destroyed his Natural and Spawning Pool but still lost every engage: Me: Hydra+Roach Opponent: Muta+Ling Link to replay: http://drop.sc/replay/3272596 _PopShock5 Aug 28, 2016
Aug 27, 2016 on 4 vs 4 how to beat the void rays ? void rays on 4 vs 4 is unstoppable. I did experience that ability units and hydras can win my void rays though I couldn't. infestors binding and air ability unit would range 0 and dmg them. Mostly these two units die so fast. I think best would be attacking early as zerg before they make rays but my allies don't attack early until the enemies with super saiyan kamehameha force comes to destroy everything.GymFenixBFF1 Aug 27, 2016
Aug 26, 2016 40 HP Banelings too good for early game? The upcoming ladder changes for Banelings are leaving me a tad concerned about how strong Baneling Busts may become in early game. Even without their speed upgrade, 40 HP on the Banelings would make early busts hard to stop. Yes, Baneling Busts are very rare these days due to map sizes, but they're not impossible. I'm thinking if the 40 HP does make Baneling Busts a bit too strong, Blizzard could do this: Reduce the HP of Banelings back to 30 HP, but change the Centrifugal Hooks upgrade to also give the Banelings +10 HP. This way, to get those bulkier Banelings, you'd need to tech to Lair. Thus you wouldn't be able to use bulky Banelings in a cheese play, but the extra HP still comes into play later on, as Centrifugal Hooks is required for Banelings to hit Stimmed Marines. I might just be jumping at shadows, though, so I'd like to hear what the community thinks.darkdill6 Aug 26, 2016
Aug 25, 2016 Using queens for D I've noticed a lot of streamers using multiple (4-6) queens for main/natural defense. My question is - do you still build an *additional* queen per base to inject? Thanks in advanceLokei5 Aug 25, 2016
Aug 23, 2016 What are Counters to High Templar? I have had many problems facing a Protoss army consisting of High Templar (I'm Zerg). What are some counters or good strategies to use against them?PopShock4 Aug 23, 2016
Aug 23, 2016 Help with hotkey/macro Hello! I'm a very new player trying to improve and I've noticed that everyone recommends I put all my hatcheries on one hotkey. Until now I've put them on different hotkeys, but this has been making it harder and harder to manage my army and other units. When I put all my hatcheries on one hotkey is there a way to cycle through them or choose a specific hatchery from that hotkey to makes units from? For example, if I needed to make drones from one base and lings from another, how would I do so from a single hotkey? Any help would be much appreciated!KimBBZ5 Aug 23, 2016
Aug 23, 2016 Mass Queens = IMBA This is not something that most zerg players do which is quite unfortunate because it is AWESOME! Day[9] did a funday monday this week where the restriction was non-stop queen production and the results were really amazing- the zerg players could take on an army with greater supply and win with almost no losses due to tons of transfuses. You guys should try this strategy because it is strong. Right now the daily is still going (part 2 with games from ROOTCatZ) but when it is uploaded sometime tomorrow you will be able to find it at: http://day9tv.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc Have fun Queening on the ladder!Trogdor95 Aug 23, 2016
Aug 20, 2016 The State of the Game First of all: This probably belongs in general discussion but I'm a long time zerg vet so, well here I am. Now, to business: I've been playing LoL for the past few years, and for the most part ignoring Starcraft; but in recent months, I've been noticing out of the corner of my eye all of the changes Blizzard has been implementing. To be honest, I'm really quite surprised. I thought Blizzard had moved on and left this game for dead but I was obviously too quick to judge. The reason I originally left was a combination of the game's popularity dropping, the experience beginning to feel dull after about 2000 games, my inability to deal with multi-pronged attacks, and finally the fact that it felt like Zerg was getting nerfed in every patch. This last one, multiplied by my bitterness caused most likely by the inability to counter-play, had me wish the game goodbye to its likely grave. Farewell Starcraft, it was fun while it lasted. But now: I'm surprised by the fact that the game still seems to be here and the community still seems to be quite strong. People are still streaming, and Blizzard is making major balance changes. What I need to know: From an outsiders perspective, having not played very much since the overhaul to the swarm host, I have a couple questions. 1. Is Zerg broken? I'm not talking about balanced, but last I saw we had the swarm host, which was weird and useless, the infestor, which was inviable, and Zerg in general didn't seem very fun to play. I don't want to play a race with useless units, but I could never ever main anything other than Zerg. There is mutagen in my DNA, and I'm Zerg 'til the day I die. How does the Zerg arsenal feel to use? 2. How is the community? I don't really expect it to be WoL golden age status, but I'm interested to know if there are still a lot of people online. Can you still fill up just about any custom game lobby if you wait? Does it take a long time to match up with others on ladder? etc. 3. Is it worth the grind? I like playing pretty hardcore and competitive, but I think we all know it takes some hard grinding to get good and stay good at Starcraft. I was top plat in my prime, but probably reside more in the mid silver range at this point, and as I mentioned earlier, I never managed to be able to fend off counter attacks adequately. But even if I get there, does laddering feel the same? A final word: My apologies if I was !@#$%ing a lot in this post. I just have emotional ties to and great memories from this game, and the prospect of returning has me feeling pretty scrambled. I would be incredibly appreciative of some guidance. I really want to come back, but is it worth it? ~For the Swarm, Forever!Dan8 Aug 20, 2016
Aug 20, 2016 What frustrates you the most vs protoss When you are matched up against protoss, what tactics give you the hardest time?fdas11 Aug 20, 2016