Technical Support

Oct 4, 2012 Forum Guidelines & Information Welcome to the Technical Support forum for StarCraft II. This forum exists to provide StarCraft II customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-5pm Pacific, 5 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: Online Ticket - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Blizzard account. Phone Support - You can schedule a callback from us from 10am - 6pm Pacific time, 5 days a week. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Medearn0 Oct 4, 2012
Jan 15, 2015 Patching and Installation Troubleshooting Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter. Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum. Installation Troubleshooting Steps Patch Troubleshooting StepsDankorii2 Jan 15, 2015
Jul 1 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth4 Jul 1
Mar 23 StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few people asking for help with low fps issues in StarCraft II. There are many factors that can affect the frame rate of the games you play and often this issue can be resolved by doing some basic PC housekeeping and walking through some basic troubleshooting steps. Instead of repeating myself, I've decided to write a guide to help those who are experiencing low frame rate issues in the game. The PDF guide can be downloaded here. StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4D10C7FFE477F2D1!391&authkey=!AJyeTw3RV0ZXoR8&ithint=file%2cpdf It contains a set of basic troubleshooting tips that may help fix low fps issues in your games. It also covers the NVIDIA video card software settings as well as the StarCraft II in-game settings. I've copied the basic troubleshooting tips from the guide and pasted it below. For the non-tech savvy users among us, I've also included easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for each troubleshooting tip, which can be found in the PDF document. Without further ado, let's get started. 1. Update Your Video Driver The latest graphics card drivers can sometimes provide a large boost in performance. To ensure the best graphics performance, it’s a good idea to keep your video driver as up-to-date as possible. 2. Reset Your Video Driver Settings If your graphics driver is already up-to-date, try resetting your graphics driver settings. Improperly configured application profile settings can cause low fps and resetting them to default values may help improve your frame rates. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/24142 3. Update The System Drivers Keeping all of the major system drivers (chipset, audio, network etc.) up-to-date is essential to the performance of your system. 4. Update Your Operating System Use Windows Update to keep your Windows computer up-to-date with the latest patches, bug fixes and performance improvements. 5. Perform a Clean Startup Some applications and services may interfere with StarCraft II. By performing a clean startup, you can determine whether a background program or service is the source of the frame rate problem. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/23848 6. Adjust Visual Settings in Windows Disabling many of the visual enhancements and graphical features within Windows can improve your system’s performance. 7. Check Your Power Options In Balanced and Power Save mode the CPU may not be running up to its full potential all the time. Enable High Performance mode to run the CPU full throttle and maximize system performance and responsiveness. 8. Check Your GPU’s Power Management Mode Another setting to consider is the graphics card’s power management mode setting. If it’s set to ‘Adaptive’, it may run at a lower frequency to conserve power. Setting it to ‘Prefer High Performance’ can increase the frame rate in your games. 9. Disable Windows 10 Game DVR If you face any performance issues while playing games, and if you don’t have any need for it, try disabling Windows 10 Game DVR. 10. Configure or Disable OneDrive If OneDrive is enabled your frame rate may drop if OneDrive synchronizes the folder while you are playing StarCraft II. If you are having frame rate issues and OneDrive is enabled, configuring or disabling it might help. 11. Set Windows for Best Performance for Programs While the ‘Adjust for best performance’ setting in the Advanced System Properties is set to optimize Windows for best performance for programs by default, it is worth checking this setting to ensure it is still the case on your system. 12. Optimize Your Hard Drive Optimizing your hard drive can aid in improving the frame rate in StarCraft II, especially if game assets like textures, models and shaders are loaded at runtime. 13. Check for Overheating Components CPU’s and GPU’s can throttle down performance to compensate for the heat. Make sure your system isn’t overheating. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/31363 14. Scan for Viruses and Malware If the system is running slowly, there is a possibility that it’s infected with a virus or malware. Scan your computer for virues and malware to ensure it’s still clean and not infected. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/27610 15. Check for Problem Devices Check for problem devices to ensure that there are no conflicts between device drivers or problems with any devices on your system. 16. Use the StarCraft II 32-bit Game Client If you’re running a 64-bit Operating System and are experiencing frame rate issues when using the 64-bit game client, try using the 32-bit client instead. Some players have reported better fps with the 32-bit game client. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/33881 17. Disable NVIDIA ShadowPlay & Streaming Service Increase your frame rate and save precious CPU cycles by disabling NVIDIA ShadowPlay & NVIDIA Streaming Service. 18. Temporarily Disable Your Sound Card Disabling your sound card will help you determine if the sound card is the root cause of the low frame rate problem. 19. Check for CPU Hogs Programs that require a lot of CPU resources can slow down your computer. Look for resource wasting programs that you can shut down to free up CPU cycles and check your computer’s CPU usage while playing StarCraft II. 20. Turn Off Search Indexing in Windows Windows Search Indexing is constantly running in the background. For users with a slow computer it can be benificial to turn off Windows Search Indexing. 21. Enable Intel Turbo Boost If your CPU supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it can run faster than the noted speeds. Enabling Turbo Boost will result in increased performance in applications and games. 22. Use High Performance Discrete GPU To ensure your games take advantage of the faster graphics card in your system, set the preferred graphics processor setting to the High Performance Graphics Processor. 23. Exit Battle.net When Launching Games In rare cases, the Blizzard launcher can cause high CPU load. If the Blizzard launcher is causing high CPU load on your system, set it to close itself when it launches a game to improve the frame rate in StarCraft. 24. Disable Superfetch Superfetch tries to improve performance by predicting which applications a user is likely to launch and preemptively loads them into RAM. Some players have reported improved game performance with SuperFetch disabled, so disabling it may be worth a shot if you’re experiencing in-game “stutters”. 25. Enable or Disable AMD Turbo Core AMD Turbo Core allows the processor to dynamically adjust the CPU operating frequency. Some users have reported better performance with AMD Turbo Core enabled, while some others have claimed that their fps drops stopped with AMD Turbo Core disabled. If it’s already enabled, try disabling it. If it’s not enabled, turn it on and see if that helps. Please keep in mind that while the suggestions listed above and the ones listed in the PDF document may help improve your PC's performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your system's hardware. If you're still experiencing low fps after that, I'd recommend running a system benchmark (e.g. PassMark) and compare your computer’s performance with the online results to ensure your system is running at the correct performance speeds. Good luck, and happy StarCrafting! Changelog ========== May 13, 2016: Initial document release. May 19, 2016: PDF download link changed from Twitter to OneDrive. May 20, 2016: Added "AMD Turbo Core" and fixed typos.Deanx15 Mar 23
Apr 23 Starcraft II Crashing during matches since patch on 11/14/2017 I was in a co-op mission and the game suddenly crashed, now everytime I play co-op a weird bug happens and now I cant even play sc2SWORD161 Apr 23
Apr 15 Disconnections/Reconnect and latency issues So, the amount of lag time at the start of matches ever since the last patch have been unbearable. I've already had people quit coop matches and it even does it in Campaign mode. On top of that, when playing the campaign, every few minutes, it keeps saying my battlenet connection has failed, but it's not my internet or my computer. When matches end, it logs me all of the way out of my account, so I have to sign back in to get Battlenet service restored. But if I click another mission, it's the same problem all over again. It's bad enough that clicking "remember my account" almost works and hasn't since the option was first implemented, and even when it does, it doesn't remember my password. I'm exhausted with having to type my password on my home computer on my own account on the game I paid for, but I'm at peace with the fact that it may never be fixed. But I literally cannot play I have to deal with the constant pop up saying Battlenet connection has been lost or near constant resource stalls, and when I leave games or missions, I've lost all of my experience points or achievements that I would have had.Sheffield112 Apr 15
Oct 22, 2012 MVP Troubleshooting and Advice How to Write a Good "Technical Issue" Thread—TheSkunk Archer's Troubleshooting Thread—Archer The Importance of Computer Maintenance—DannibusX Complete Virus/Spyware/Malware Removal Guide—BlueCow The ULTIMATE SC2 Optimization & FPS Guide 2.0—Duke Vs AI & 'Bonus Objectives' Achievements - Information—Leviathan Name Changing Error - Information—Leviathan How to request help on a performance issue—HellsingVelnrak0 Oct 22, 2012
1h Windows 10 Update 1803 game lag Ever since i updated my windows i get this horrible lag while playing co-op. I reinstalled the game, lowered the graphics, optimized it in NVIDIA GeForce Experience (updated the nvidia driver too) changed the compatibility from Win8 to Win7 nothing seems to fix the problem even a little. I can still play but it gets really bad toward the end of a mission when there is a bit more going on around the map.Villie0 1h
18h Can't log into SC2 editor I want to start up the editor. But it requires a login from my Battle.net account, ok sounds easy enough. But I've entered the correct password and account name several times, and each time it gives me the same thing "Wrong account info. Please try again." I've launched it both from the file location, and the Battle.net launcher. It doesn't seem to matter ether way.MasterBrain5 18h
19h Can't Connect to Blizzard Services "Blizzard services may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down. Please check your connection and try again" I've gotten this issue two days in a row now when I try to log into the Americas region. A hot fix that worked yesterday was to log into the Asia region (which works), wait until the account is migrated to that region then swap back to the Americas region. However, trying this again today didn't seem to work, my internet connection is fine and my drivers are up to date. Can someone please explain why I keep getting this error? Edit: (I'm in Australia) When trying to log into the Asia region, I periodically (every 30 seconds roughly) I get this error. Blizzard Services Connection Lost Blizzard services may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down. The game will now try to reconnect.Bloodshire4 19h
1d No audio over Bluetooth headphones I own a pair of P311 Arctic bluetooth headphones. They work great, I constantly use them and the audio comes in for every game. Starcraft 2 is the only exception Observations: 1) If I have audio playing while launching Starcraft 2, the audio will cut out on the giant Kerrigan loading screen 2) I can get audio to play over speakers by going into the Sound menu and selecting my speakers as the Output Device. If I select the headphones again, then the audio is gone again 3) Closing Starcraft 2 while audio is playing (muted) in the background, the audio continues to be muted; I have to restart whatever application was playing audio in order for it to work again I'm running Windows 7 The headphones are set as my Default Device in the Windows 7 Sound menu It doesn't matter whether I disable or enable voice chat, there is still no audio in Starcraft 2 What the heck is Starcraft doing to my audio device to cause this behavior? It seems to be hijacking things (because other audio applications get muted) but it doesn't know how to play nice with my bluetooth headphones, so I get no audio at all unless I want to use my speakers e: I also have a pair of Kinivo bluetooth headphones. Starctaft 2 audio comes in on those, but one of the earbuds is busted, so I'd really rather use my Arctic headphonesQuarkJets22 1d
1d make block list infinite plzDEVIN0 1d
1d Account stuck at 72 hour upgrade message Hey. I bought the base trade tv portrait pack about a week ago and I can't add it to my account. Every time I try to redeem the code the page says that I have to wait 72 hours because my account is being upgraded. I'm pretty sure my account had some upgrade flag set and never unset. Could someone please toggle for me?Release0 1d
1d Freezing after clicking "Score Screen" After I click the Score Screen my game freezes and I need to restart my computer to get out of it. My OS is windows 10.Magi0 1d
2d Graphics Device is not available at this time. I can play Wow, D3, HotS, Hearthstone or SC but not SC2. I get an error: Graphics Device is not available at this time. I already reinstalled SC2. I also tried upgrading and downgrading my video card drivers. It still does not work. Worst thing, I cannot open a ticket with Blizzard, the Next button is always grayed out.csCABLE0 2d
2d No sound from starcraft 2(And other games) To clarify, I have no sound at all coming from starcraft 2, and other games that I play seem to be affected as well. Some steam games have no sound, and fortnite has game sounds but no communication sound(I can't hear other players talk) and will not register my microphone when I am speaking. Other games that I play work perfectly with the microphone and have no sound issues, such as league of legends. I am using a headset with the microphone attached, however this makes no difference to the sound, so whether or not i've plugged in a audio device, the same problem persists. Screenshot of drivers & playback devices https://imgur.com/a/ZreokDO Notes: -The problem started when launching starcraft caused strange electronic noises(sounded a bit like a killer robot). This would happen during the user authentication and a little bit into loading the UI of starcraft 2. After which, no sound can be heard. -After this happened, I never heard this again and sound problems have started since -I have been able to successfully replicate the problem by rolling back all of the realtek drivers to previous versions. It then proceeds exactly like it did above. -Reinstalling the drivers would not produce to odd noises that seemed to cause the sound to shut down, but still would have the same sound issues as before.TEarDroP0 2d
2d htc vive SC2 3D I step up my htc vive for stereoscopic 3d. But when I enable it in settings the color doesn't match up. Any help or tips appreciatedRegor1 2d
2d Status Locked/Dropped From Game Playing in Custom Game Mode, and while trying to wait for a lobby to fill, i'll randomly get dropped from the game, but I can't rejoin because the system is telling me my status is locked. I also get errors from Blizzard saying something about connectivity, and it's primarily THIS piece of stupidity that is primarily causing it. Status locking has been an issue since 2014, and from what I can tell, Blizzard isn't stopping it. What is going on, and how do I stop it from happening again? This is like 5 times just this morning.Elyk0 2d
3d Can't Connect To Blizzard Services I'm getting this error after opening sc2 and trying to login. I tried switching regions to EU/Asia and they work with zero issues. It's only the NA server I can't connect to. Why is this and how do I solve it? Thanks in advanceChace0 3d
3d Nonstop hard crashes with error code 854C1594-5B25-49A6-AC90-EE4DDB16A0BB Every single time I try to play a game, hard crash to desktop. I've been playing SC2 for several months. This rig has never had a problem before. Suddenly it's crashing every single game. No new Windows updates have been performed. Only the newest SC2 patch, which was small, and downloaded today.DreamDoor20 3d
3d How is Folder Redirection still an issue for Blizzard I cannot play games outside of my server environment due to my Documents folder being redirected. I cannot use symbolic links as a work around. Please make it possible to change the location for these "required" files.ThirdEye0 3d
4d Stuck entering lobby Had one friend have this issue prior to the most recent patch, but since the new patch we all (4 people) are getting it every 2 games or so. It only seems to occur after playing an arcade game and trying to join a new game; it has all but the host getting stuck on "entering lobby". When playing solo I seem to get it even more often. Restarting the client fixes it, but it's a bit annoying having to do it every game when playing solo.HazettuR65 4d
4d Graphics device not available at this time error (and my fix) Hey guys, New windows update broke my SC2. Seems all other Blizz games work. Tried updating drivers on video card, repairing game and reinstalling. None worked. Ultimately I had to go back to the prior version of windows and that fixed it (based on old posts with similar problem which points to issues with the windows creators club updates). Will this happen again? I am running an EVGA GTX 950 btwIscander28 4d
4d Profile not loading I had to rebuild my PC recently and reinstalled StarCraft II again, but when the game loads my portrait won't show in the main menu, achievement progress is at 0%, achievement portraits won't show, have to start campaigns from scratch, co-op commanders are at level 0 when I'm level 60 with Nova and co-op play button is grayed out because the game keeps saying "not available while initializing game mode". Game and GPU drivers are up to date, have tried repair game option. This hasn't happened before the rebuild.Kazamov3 4d
4d [SOLVED] NOT AVAILABLE WHILE INITIALIZING GAME MODE Hi, I have tried everything I could find in the forum to fix this. • Please run the Blizzard App with the Run as Administrator option. Done... • Please power cycle the network equipment and flush the DNS. Done... • Make sure the Firewall in the computer and router is set up correctly. I disabled anti virus firewall... Back when I played I didn't have it so, if it were this... • Please run StarCraft II in 32-bit mode. Done... I tried playing custom, 1v1, teams, in Europe or America (LA), and still got the same problem. Ranked is greyed out and once I click unranked, it gets gray too. When I try to start a custom game, no maps load for me to hit Create, and I cant join even in a party. Ideas?Rhadaze14 4d
5d Game freezing when I exit Every time I exit Starcraft 2 my screen goes black and my computer restarts about a minute later. Never happens during gameplay and only when I exit the game. This does not happen with any other game.Jim36 5d
5d Blizzard games uninstalled by themselves Diablo 3 ROS, and SC2 HOTS both need to be reinstalled on my computer for some reason. I never uninstalled them, nor even played on my account for the past day. Edit: Game updated and had 50mb patch for some reason but stated it needed install, I'm assuming the same for Diablo 3.Xeno7 5d
6d Absolutely nothing is loading! Absolutely nothing is loading! I enter the game as usual,no profile picture,no maps,no ranked unranked play option (grey)..custom maps loading for 40min and nothing hapens! unable to play the game,please help!Ball3 6d
6d Game Freezes! So I've had this problem for a while... at random points during playing the game will simply freeze. I can not ctrl + alt + del, or alt + tab out once the freeze has occurred, all I can do a full shut down to regain access to my computer. when the game freezes I can hear music playing in the background, and can move the mouse around and bring up the windows menu but cant actually get out of starcraft. As far as I know all my graphics and drivers are up to date as well as the BIOs. There is nothing consistent about the freeze... if had it happen in 5 minutes of play to hours of play, and there have been times when it hasn't happened for days. I have froze in Menu, in game (most frequent, which is also causing me to lose games) when there has been lots of action and when ive have been mostly idle. please helpChewy7 6d
6d [FIXED] NVidia Settings and OBS Cause Framerate Drops CPU - Core i7-8700k @4.8GHz GPU - GTX 1080 RAM - 16GB Resolution - 1440p Refresh rate - 144Hz Variables - https://pastebin.com/raw/QzZS1mLK Monitor settings - https://i.imgur.com/as16LdV.png Display/driver settngs - https://i.imgur.com/rT0br26.png Even at the menus and the very start of the game, my framerate is below 60. With the kind of hardware I have, there's no way it should be below 100, right? [EDIT] Managed to fix my problem. Turns out I just had to change the NVidia setting to "Let the 3D application decide". To get there, I just opened the icon on the taskbar. Screenshots: https://i.imgur.com/zVA7npV.png https://i.imgur.com/0zTbuxX.png [EDIT 2] Found another thing. Apparently OBS causes my framerate to go down. Apparently there was a new version released on 12 May. I downloaded and installed that new version and my framerate returned to normal.CtG0 6d
6d Game not responding after match is done Windows 7 sp1 980 ti i5 quad core. 16 GB of ram. The game seems fine during play, after the game where you see the after game screen and a loading bar the bar just stops moving. When I check task manager it says sc2_x64.exe is not responding. When I diagnose that it says. "One or more threads of SC2_x64.exe are waiting to finish network I/O." If I wait anywhere between 1 and 5 minutes the bar will finally go the rest of the way and the game will work fine again. This issue doesn't happen every time I end the game but it happens probably at least 1 out of 5 times I go to the score screen. I have already uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it. Both the game and where the data is being stored for replays are on SSDs. I have no firewall software installed on the PC and have windows firewall disabled. Has anyone seen this before?llllllllllll1 6d
6d no sound ok i keep playing games of sc2 and then the sound just stops working, but only for sc2. this has been happening only since patch 3.0 appeared with lotv. i can be listening to music in windows just fine, watching movies, streaming off youtube, whatever. it all has sound. but sc2... sometimes it starts up and begins playing with sounds, and then just randomly stops playing them forever. sometimes ill play a few games, and then the next game after a loading screen there is no more sound forever. i must quit the game in order to get it back. the sound is not muted, like everyone keeps telling me. its not muted in windows. my speakers are plugged in because they are playing sound from other sources. the sound isnt being diverted to headphones as sc2 has the speakers chosen as its output device (not default or headphones). this is confusing me, as there seems to be no reason for it. the game thinks it is playing sounds, but no sound comes through. its like the sound is being masked by something, or its playing through an output that i dont have connected or something. my sound hardware is onboard my mobo, which is a maximus iv extreme z. i do have access to a maximus vii hero mobo though, if its the mobo which doesnt work.bleh8 6d
May 20 Green Selection Box Non-Existent Hi Blizzard. I just loaded up sc2 and patched it. I qued up for a ladder game. Once in game, I noticed that my green selection box is gone. What I mean by this is that when I select a unit, I cannot see that it is selected with the exception of looking all the way down at the bottom of the screen. Normally I would see my unit highlighted by a green circle or box directly underneath the unit(s) selected. This green box/circle is gone now. There is no option to toggle this on or off in the options menu and this is the first time I have ever encountered anything like this. There is also another user on the TLNet forums experiencing the same issue. I cannot play the game like this at all as it makes things confusing. Please help Cordially, RobertDuplicity78 May 20
May 20 stuck in entering lobby after hitting play again butten after playing direct strike game gets stuck on entering lobby and the only way I can fix it is to exit sc2gilthunder1 May 20
May 20 Create offline game option is gone There used to be an option in Custom Games where you could right-click on a map and then select "Create offline game", in the latest patch it's no longer there. Any way to create an offline game the same way as before?mef15 May 20
May 20 BLIZZARD WORKERS! LOOK AT THIS! I am having serious problems since your co-op mode worked quite well on my computer before like 4 patches ago. But after that, more and more better graphic skills were added to the game, and my computer now can only run campaigns & ladder! Please, think of the players too. You guys need to make the game better, but players can stop playing it because of the better upgrades. And i see that in the campaigns, only Heart of the Swarm is quite PLAYABLE, not Wings of Liberty and Legacy of the Void. You patched and added new graphic skills too much onto the 2 campaigns. If you see this stop the technical graphic patching!!!!! PLEASE!!!!bapline0 May 20
May 20 Game is constantly freezing mid game with spotify i have a pretty decent computer i'd say gtx 1080ti, 32gb ram, i7 6850k the problem is when i'm running the spotify app. and the tidal app (but screw tidal i hate that platform, sound quality is not much different). i know the easy solution here is to just run spotify in chrome, but i'd rather not do that if i don't have to. has anybody encountered a similar issue?chronic0 May 20
May 19 Error 2:-2000 Error 2:-2000 everytime i try and startup sc2 it comes up with this error and asks me to try again.PrimeObjectv1 May 19
May 19 Getting "flash" disconnects What i mean by flash is the service dc's for only a brief second and is immediately restored. However, the problem is it does it in the middle of a sc2 match and i get dropped from the game suffering and loss. Worse things have happened, but I would like to know what kind of troubleshooting methods i could use to fix it. I've reset my router/modem and they aren't the issue. My wireless wifi card seems to be working properly (i 've gotten no dc's with any other program) so I'm just curious if it's something on Battle.net's end. ThanksParadigmShat0 May 19
May 19 Game Won't Launch - Endless Load bar Game won't launch - endless load bar. I've included an image link to demonstrate the issue. https://i.imgur.com/1l0R2M2.jpgI've tried deleting my Battlenet folder in ProgramData. This game worked perfectly yesterday.Dreadful4 May 19
May 19 loading freeze loading screen freezes at about 70% loading in co-op. Music goes silent...Placey0 May 19
May 19 loading freeze loading screen freezes at about 70% loading in co-op. Music goes silent...Placey0 May 19
May 19 Stuck in low league Since the start of the May 2018 ranked season, I am currently 10:1 for my win/loss. I am beating everyone I play within minutes, yet I am not being promoted out of silver 3. Any way that I could get myself into a higher league? Because I'm getting a little bored beating everyone in silver.Sharkbait0 May 19
May 18 "Files in your Starcraft II Installation are damaged" On attempting to launch, this is the error I get. Running the scan and repair tool, reinstalling the game, and reinstalling battlenet do not fix the issueDungeonMasta2 May 18
May 18 "Files in your Starcraft 2 Installation are damaged" When I try to start the game up, I get the message "Files in your Starcraft 2 installation are damaged." Running the "scan and repair tool", and reinstalling the game do not fix this issue. Possibly caused by the latest update? Current version is patch 4.3.1DungeonMasta1 May 18
May 18 Can't "determine optimum graphics settings" Hi there. I just installed Starcraft 2 and after going to the options menu I was prompted with: "We are unable to determine optimum graphics settings. Please adjust settings manually." So how do I troubleshoot this? Thanks for your time!Fritzkrieg9 May 18
May 18 Achievement and portrait is missing? Hi Guys, I haven't been playing SC2 in a while and thought id hop on it again to finish off the Zerg/Protoss campaign then i notice that at the start menu my Achievements and portrait is missing...... how come blizzard updates are so buggy? i have tried the following: - used the "repair" function - didn't work - deleted the battle.net cache in "C:/ProgramData/" folder - didn't work - cleared DNS cache - didn't work - disabled the firewall - didn't work - Ran 32 bit sc2 didn't work anyone know a fix for this? Thanks in advance!Gnut2 May 18
May 17 Starcraft 2 is down for maintenance. So the maintenance notification is gone from the Blizzard app, Starcraft 2 downloaded an update, I can log in to D3, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and HOTS just fine, but keep getting error that "Battlenet is down for maintenance" ::EDIT:: disregard, maintenance notification has since re-appeared in blizz app.borlosky7 May 17
May 17 No profile or any gamemode loading Two days ago it started happening. The game was running perfectly after that, but now this hapens: I can get into sc2, but it doesn't load anything. I can get into the modes but it doesn't load the maps, for arcade; or the play butons, for competitive. In the profile, it doesn´t load all the infromation, MMR is missing, for example. I saw there were some similar problems from time ago, but their solutions didnt´t work for me.Matapuercos2 May 17
May 16 sc2 crash during coop mode. sc2 crash during coop mode. Tried ~ scan and repair not working ~reinstall game not working ~play champagne no issue 0E6986B8-7B03-4194-B205-40F4683DFDDCRisingHope1 May 16