Technical Support

Oct 4, 2012 Forum Guidelines & Information Welcome to the Technical Support forum for StarCraft II. This forum exists to provide StarCraft II customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. While Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-5pm Pacific, 5 days a week), it is not meant as a place to resolve complex issues, because of the nature of forums. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues: http://battle.net/support If you wish to contact our Support team directly, you may do so through the following channels: Online Ticket - You can keep track of all your communication with Customer Support through your Blizzard account. Phone Support - You can schedule a callback from us from 10am - 6pm Pacific time, 5 days a week. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate gameplay forums. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Medearn0 Oct 4, 2012
Jan 15, 2015 Patching and Installation Troubleshooting Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter. Most of the support articles linked below will include steps for both, Windows and Mac systems. However, if you require further assistance with a Mac Installation or Patching issue that has not been mentioned in this sticky thread, you will want to post in our Mac Technical Support Forum. Installation Troubleshooting Steps Patch Troubleshooting StepsDankorii2 Jan 15, 2015
Jul 1, 2017 Common Connection and Latency Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth4 Jul 1, 2017
Mar 23 StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few people asking for help with low fps issues in StarCraft II. There are many factors that can affect the frame rate of the games you play and often this issue can be resolved by doing some basic PC housekeeping and walking through some basic troubleshooting steps. Instead of repeating myself, I've decided to write a guide to help those who are experiencing low frame rate issues in the game. The PDF guide can be downloaded here. StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4D10C7FFE477F2D1!391&authkey=!AJyeTw3RV0ZXoR8&ithint=file%2cpdf It contains a set of basic troubleshooting tips that may help fix low fps issues in your games. It also covers the NVIDIA video card software settings as well as the StarCraft II in-game settings. I've copied the basic troubleshooting tips from the guide and pasted it below. For the non-tech savvy users among us, I've also included easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for each troubleshooting tip, which can be found in the PDF document. Without further ado, let's get started. 1. Update Your Video Driver The latest graphics card drivers can sometimes provide a large boost in performance. To ensure the best graphics performance, it’s a good idea to keep your video driver as up-to-date as possible. 2. Reset Your Video Driver Settings If your graphics driver is already up-to-date, try resetting your graphics driver settings. Improperly configured application profile settings can cause low fps and resetting them to default values may help improve your frame rates. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/24142 3. Update The System Drivers Keeping all of the major system drivers (chipset, audio, network etc.) up-to-date is essential to the performance of your system. 4. Update Your Operating System Use Windows Update to keep your Windows computer up-to-date with the latest patches, bug fixes and performance improvements. 5. Perform a Clean Startup Some applications and services may interfere with StarCraft II. By performing a clean startup, you can determine whether a background program or service is the source of the frame rate problem. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/23848 6. Adjust Visual Settings in Windows Disabling many of the visual enhancements and graphical features within Windows can improve your system’s performance. 7. Check Your Power Options In Balanced and Power Save mode the CPU may not be running up to its full potential all the time. Enable High Performance mode to run the CPU full throttle and maximize system performance and responsiveness. 8. Check Your GPU’s Power Management Mode Another setting to consider is the graphics card’s power management mode setting. If it’s set to ‘Adaptive’, it may run at a lower frequency to conserve power. Setting it to ‘Prefer High Performance’ can increase the frame rate in your games. 9. Disable Windows 10 Game DVR If you face any performance issues while playing games, and if you don’t have any need for it, try disabling Windows 10 Game DVR. 10. Configure or Disable OneDrive If OneDrive is enabled your frame rate may drop if OneDrive synchronizes the folder while you are playing StarCraft II. If you are having frame rate issues and OneDrive is enabled, configuring or disabling it might help. 11. Set Windows for Best Performance for Programs While the ‘Adjust for best performance’ setting in the Advanced System Properties is set to optimize Windows for best performance for programs by default, it is worth checking this setting to ensure it is still the case on your system. 12. Optimize Your Hard Drive Optimizing your hard drive can aid in improving the frame rate in StarCraft II, especially if game assets like textures, models and shaders are loaded at runtime. 13. Check for Overheating Components CPU’s and GPU’s can throttle down performance to compensate for the heat. Make sure your system isn’t overheating. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/31363 14. Scan for Viruses and Malware If the system is running slowly, there is a possibility that it’s infected with a virus or malware. Scan your computer for virues and malware to ensure it’s still clean and not infected. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/27610 15. Check for Problem Devices Check for problem devices to ensure that there are no conflicts between device drivers or problems with any devices on your system. 16. Use the StarCraft II 32-bit Game Client If you’re running a 64-bit Operating System and are experiencing frame rate issues when using the 64-bit game client, try using the 32-bit client instead. Some players have reported better fps with the 32-bit game client. Support Page → https://battle.net/support/article/33881 17. Disable NVIDIA ShadowPlay & Streaming Service Increase your frame rate and save precious CPU cycles by disabling NVIDIA ShadowPlay & NVIDIA Streaming Service. 18. Temporarily Disable Your Sound Card Disabling your sound card will help you determine if the sound card is the root cause of the low frame rate problem. 19. Check for CPU Hogs Programs that require a lot of CPU resources can slow down your computer. Look for resource wasting programs that you can shut down to free up CPU cycles and check your computer’s CPU usage while playing StarCraft II. 20. Turn Off Search Indexing in Windows Windows Search Indexing is constantly running in the background. For users with a slow computer it can be benificial to turn off Windows Search Indexing. 21. Enable Intel Turbo Boost If your CPU supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it can run faster than the noted speeds. Enabling Turbo Boost will result in increased performance in applications and games. 22. Use High Performance Discrete GPU To ensure your games take advantage of the faster graphics card in your system, set the preferred graphics processor setting to the High Performance Graphics Processor. 23. Exit Battle.net When Launching Games In rare cases, the Blizzard launcher can cause high CPU load. If the Blizzard launcher is causing high CPU load on your system, set it to close itself when it launches a game to improve the frame rate in StarCraft. 24. Disable Superfetch Superfetch tries to improve performance by predicting which applications a user is likely to launch and preemptively loads them into RAM. Some players have reported improved game performance with SuperFetch disabled, so disabling it may be worth a shot if you’re experiencing in-game “stutters”. 25. Enable or Disable AMD Turbo Core AMD Turbo Core allows the processor to dynamically adjust the CPU operating frequency. Some users have reported better performance with AMD Turbo Core enabled, while some others have claimed that their fps drops stopped with AMD Turbo Core disabled. If it’s already enabled, try disabling it. If it’s not enabled, turn it on and see if that helps. Please keep in mind that while the suggestions listed above and the ones listed in the PDF document may help improve your PC's performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your system's hardware. If you're still experiencing low fps after that, I'd recommend running a system benchmark (e.g. PassMark) and compare your computer’s performance with the online results to ensure your system is running at the correct performance speeds. Good luck, and happy StarCrafting! Changelog ========== May 13, 2016: Initial document release. May 19, 2016: PDF download link changed from Twitter to OneDrive. May 20, 2016: Added "AMD Turbo Core" and fixed typos.Deanx15 Mar 23
Nov 6 Disconnections/Reconnect and latency issues So, the amount of lag time at the start of matches ever since the last patch have been unbearable. I've already had people quit coop matches and it even does it in Campaign mode. On top of that, when playing the campaign, every few minutes, it keeps saying my battlenet connection has failed, but it's not my internet or my computer. When matches end, it logs me all of the way out of my account, so I have to sign back in to get Battlenet service restored. But if I click another mission, it's the same problem all over again. It's bad enough that clicking "remember my account" almost works and hasn't since the option was first implemented, and even when it does, it doesn't remember my password. I'm exhausted with having to type my password on my home computer on my own account on the game I paid for, but I'm at peace with the fact that it may never be fixed. But I literally cannot play I have to deal with the constant pop up saying Battlenet connection has been lost or near constant resource stalls, and when I leave games or missions, I've lost all of my experience points or achievements that I would have had.Sheffield121 Nov 6
Aug 31 Starcraft II Crashing during matches since patch on 11/14/2017 I was in a co-op mission and the game suddenly crashed, now everytime I play co-op a weird bug happens and now I cant even play sc2SWORD162 Aug 31
Oct 22, 2012 MVP Troubleshooting and Advice How to Write a Good "Technical Issue" Thread—TheSkunk Archer's Troubleshooting Thread—Archer The Importance of Computer Maintenance—DannibusX Complete Virus/Spyware/Malware Removal Guide—BlueCow The ULTIMATE SC2 Optimization & FPS Guide 2.0—Duke Vs AI & 'Bonus Objectives' Achievements - Information—Leviathan Name Changing Error - Information—Leviathan How to request help on a performance issue—HellsingVelnrak0 Oct 22, 2012
3h Zeratul Malwarefare I summoned void rays to defend a data core in malwarefare and they attacked and killed the data core. I also notice they do things like attack the rocks in the temple map. I know you can't control them but it would be nice if they wouldn't kill the stuff I was sending them to defend.ZzAfterburnr0 3h
11h Extreme Latency to US Central Hello blizzard, Normally, I have a ping of 80 ms to US West, 60 to US East, and 60 to US Central. For the past week, I have been experiencing pings of 360-420 ms to only US Central. I ran a traceroot as suggested last week, and this issue has persisted, so I ran it again today just to ensure this lag is not on my side. A lot of Canadians I have talked to about his has suspiciously also been experiencing this. https://twitter.com/eXiledSC/status/1063245453154750464 Twitter thread to convo with blizzard CS. Curious if anyone else has been running into this.eXiled4 11h
15h Did not receive award Did not receive Ascension 600 award.......possible glitch in system during update on 11/18/2018?LittleBear0 15h
16h Can't find Legacy of the Void units on the hotkeys menu What it says on the title, I'm trying to change my hotkeys to the grid style and I can't find any of the legacy of the void unit. I already created a custom play and exit and nothing, I played a versus game, finished it and nothing. What else can I do? ThanksFeliz1 16h
1d Change in access pattern I very infrequently play SCII but whenever I do I'm hit with the "change in access pattern" please change your password thingo. My question is; is there a way of disabling this. I find it extremely annoying and unnecessary, especially as I only play against bots.bbbing1 1d
1d ERROR - Our login system has detected a change So I just downloaded patch 3.7, launched SC2, and was met with an error message reading "Our login system has detected a change in your access pattern. In order to protect the account, we require you to verify your identity via a message sent to the e-mail address associated with this account." After checking my e-mail and relaunching SC2 multiple times, I can safely say I'm not getting them. How can I fix this? I haven't played SC2 in about a month and a half, if that changes anything. I have kept up with the updates, however. I can also play offline. Thanks to anyone who helps!ShadowKnight15 1d
1d BLZBNTBGS80000011 error hi ı have received BLZBNTBGS80000011 error and can not log in please helpzakktalon3 1d
2d Crash on start up Everytime i start up starcraft 2 it immediately crashes. 8B1CF481-D8CC-4542-9FC3-AA1920F31045 is my crash report.JDPlayz5 2d
2d Starcraft II Veteran Achievement I'm confused as to why I don't have the Starcraft II Veteran Achievement (Buy Starcraft II prior to patch 4.0). I preordered starcraft II and was in beta, I bought HotS and LotV the day they came out yet I don't have this achievement? Is it a glitch? Am I misunderstanding something about the achievement? Thanks. Edit: Also it is not under the gifts section on the Blizzard app. I checked my order history and it doesn't even show dates for SC2 or HotS maybe that's the reason? Not sure why there's no order history. But I do remember ranking Platinum in beta for 1v1 and 2v2 which was the highest ranks at that time and 1v1 and 2v2 were the only game modes available. If you check my rank history I was diamond league for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 season 1 2010 so that should prove I had the game since at least then.Shroomz2 2d
2d Sound I have Windows configured for a 5.1 surround sound setup but upon entering any Blizzard game, only stereo sound plays. If I go to the settings to try and change it, the game shows it is stuck on 7.1 surround sound and says it's locked by the sound control panel. I have made sure I have the correct speakers selected as the default and that they are correctly configured for 5.1 surround sound. The speakers are all connected to a subwoofer which is plugged directly into the motherboard in the back of the PC and work for watching videos that support surround sound and other games too. I don't understand at all. Any help would be appreciated.barling1 2d
2d Starcraft II Editor Publishing issue. I'm trying to publish a map in Starcraft II but I'm running into difficulties. The "Generating Publish Data" it was generating for over 3900+ seconds (the client frequently froze before jumping up 500+ seconds) I realised it was going through all the Locales such as deDE, so I restarted and only did enUS as the base Locale, but it's still taking forever. Opening up other members maps or blizzard maps to test publish it does the exact same thing. If I do a new blank map and publish it...there's no problems whatsoever. Any tips or advice? Thanks in advanced. Edit: Sometimes I get a warning message that says "Blizzard services connection was interrupted.ElvesLie2 2d
2d Weird loading bar / crashes on startup Hi Guys, Wondering if anyone can please help. I was playing this game for a while before this randomly started happening. When I press "Play" for Starcraft 2 on the Battle.net client, I get this little window pop up with a loading bar that will continue to move and not load anything. When I press cancel, my computer screen goes black. I can not even Alt-tab out, it just gets stuck on a black screen. I was once able to quickly see my task manager and it said that Starcraft 2 was running but was not responding. I then have to force shut down my PC and start it back up. What it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/taaHObg I have tried uninstalling the game and installing again, it actually worked for the first time I ran the game, but then this problem returned. I have also tried the scan and repair option and has not worked. My game is up to date. Comp specs: Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM Available OS Memory: 16338MB RAM Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX Version: DirectX 12KevinPJH72 2d
2d Starcraft 2: Pathetic Performance I'm currently experiencing low fps late game completely shuttering and CPU and GPU only load around 20%. Did every technical and non technical fix and tinkering the system but still not work. Everything is up to date. My current spec : i7 7700HQ GTX 1070 16GB Ram DDR 4MorningStar1 2d
2d Cant run game at full settings, despite having a brand new rig! As the title suggests im a having a little trouble running this game at full graphical settings. I have 4 settings that are in "red", cut-scenes are obviously lower quality compared to what i have seen on youtube, particularly the lighting and animation, especially when you talk to Horner, he has absolutely zero lighting on his face when you talk to him on the bridge. Now this would not be a problem for me if i had an older graphics card but im playing on a Gtx 1060 6gb card, and my processor is an i5-8400, so i am very confused, i can run Overwatch at completely full settings with 150% render scale and still get a full 60 fps. Ill put the settings that are in "red" to the highest settings but they dont apply and im confused, is my rig truly trash that i can't run an 8 year old game at full settings? or is there something else im missing, if anyone could help me out it would be very appreciated as i just got a whole new system a few months ago and id like to know i didnt get ripped off.Avamora11 2d
3d login pattern changed?? when I try to login from inside strarcraft 2 a meesage tell me that the login pattern has changed, and I need to answer a mail but it never arrives. So, I cant play since many days ago. Thanks in AdvanceMagnuSS1 3d
3d Unable to start up the game (fixed) After clicking the 'play' button, a loading bar pop up and unable to start the game, please assist.PokiiBear2 3d
3d stuck at 0 B/s Download speed. so i went to update Starcraft 2 to the most recent update version to play Zeratul. It was stuck at 501.95 MB remaining @ 0 B/s and it won't change. I've checked other games and it is the same problem. i've restarted blizzard and deleted caches. i need help. Here is a Picture of it BTW if it helps. https://imgur.com/EAfYcyGBrad9 3d
3d Mouse stuck in SC2 home screen Hello, I play SC2 on my MacBook Pro 15' running Mac OS Mojave. I was playing a few weeks ago and it ran like a dream. I just updated to the latest patch and now whenever I launch the game the mouse is just stuck. Won't move with my trackpad, wont move with my bluetooth mouse. If I hit escape the menu comes up and if i hit it again the menu goes away, so its not frozen. How can I fix this? It is very frustrating.EPICMOUSE11 3d
2d mouse not working in game I have a Mac book pro and for some reason my mouse is not working in game no like I can't even start a matchAntonio56 2d
4d Where did Clone Clash go in SC2??? Hi there, I am just coming back to SC2 after about 2 years of not playing, anyway I was looking for the clone clash arcade game I am unable to find it anywhere??? did they delete it?? if not where can I find it ! it was my fav game to play in sc2 ThanksMIKE0 4d
4d No sound from starcraft 2(And other games) To clarify, I have no sound at all coming from starcraft 2, and other games that I play seem to be affected as well. Some steam games have no sound, and fortnite has game sounds but no communication sound(I can't hear other players talk) and will not register my microphone when I am speaking. Other games that I play work perfectly with the microphone and have no sound issues, such as league of legends. I am using a headset with the microphone attached, however this makes no difference to the sound, so whether or not i've plugged in a audio device, the same problem persists. Screenshot of drivers & playback devices https://imgur.com/a/ZreokDO Notes: -The problem started when launching starcraft caused strange electronic noises(sounded a bit like a killer robot). This would happen during the user authentication and a little bit into loading the UI of starcraft 2. After which, no sound can be heard. -After this happened, I never heard this again and sound problems have started since -I have been able to successfully replicate the problem by rolling back all of the realtek drivers to previous versions. It then proceeds exactly like it did above. -Reinstalling the drivers would not produce to odd noises that seemed to cause the sound to shut down, but still would have the same sound issues as before.TEarDroP1 4d
4d Can't connect to blizzard services when namechange I tried to change my in-game sc2 name. When try to change the name I get the "Can't connect to blizzard services error" I get the promp to change name, but when I try to change my name i get the error. I dont even have access to my account now...FizzFrizz3 4d
3d Cannot update to 4.7.0 on MacOS My current version is 4.6.2. SC2 cannot auto-update to 4.7.0. Even I manually checked for update. It told me I have updated game. However, when I tried to launch the game, it told me the version is incorrect. I have run check and repair but it doesn't work. Anyone has any idea how to deal with this problem? Thanks in advance!LakeCarrot1 3d
4d [Solved] Game freezes at loading screen. After some years without playing I bought these days the Protoss campaing and installed the game. The problem: 1/3 of times the loading screen freezes and the whole PC gets frozen with it, leaving a forced shut down as the only painful option every time it happens. And playing in hard mode makes me see plenty of loading screens as I'm far from being a pro. Doing some research I noticed that this was a common problem years ago when Windows 10 was a newer thing. But in all the posts I found about it no clear root or solution was mentioned. I use Windows 10 (up to date), Intel Core i-7-4700MQ 2.40GHz processor, and Nvidia GTX 770M 2GB VRAM as GPU. I can play much more demanding games withou a problem, and SC2 runs smoothly even with high settings, so this is not the case of insufficient PC specs. Lowering the graphic settings don't prevent the loading screen freezes, and playing in windowed mode don't prevent either the complete PC freeze when the game decides to fail. So, what has changed from the days this was a common issue to now? Is there any known solution for this?HexTember1 4d
4d Mouse clicks do not register bottom right of screen Lower right hand portion of screen clicks do not register. For instance if I want to move units or build a building in the bottom right hand corner of screen the clicks do not register.Shmokeyahbag0 4d
5d Can't reach top level of Research Completing the highest level of research. I know this seems like I'm doing something wrong, but I've never been able to reach the top level of research for either zerg or protoss, i've played every level and have full research point. Is there secret points I'm missing? Do you get more playing on brutal?? I'm so frustrated I've played every level 10 times over. Thank you for any help you guys have!!teranupyoass0 5d
5d mouse cursor not moving when im outside the game my mouse works normally but when im in the game the litle "hand icon" doesnt move i can however click on stuff if i can guess where my actual cursor is... plz helpKazuzel30 5d
5d mouse not work in a game even trackpad mouse not work in a game even trackpadMattyMullins0 5d
5d Name change services still down? Long story short: Initiated name change go in game choose new name message pops up "Blizzard services or your internet connection may be down" Maintenance ended long ago, so, what is up, kyle?Ssonne6 5d
5d Black screen in cutscenes, no sound Hi, I just bought Starcraft II two days ago. But when I installed it, there was no sound and, when cinematics should start, only a black screen was displayed. Well, I updated drivers, changed settings, even reinstalled game, but nothing help. Then I reseted In-Game Options and suddenly everything was fine. I played three missions and in the middle of one cutscene game froze and then shutted down. When I started game again, problems were back, no sound and black screen in cutscenes. What is wrong?! Please help. Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.60 GHz 16 GB RAM Windows 10 64 Bit GeForce GTX 960MKellanved0 5d
6d Mouse pointer won't move The mouse pointer wont move when i start the game, but buttons highlight when i cross over them. Any fix for this?Thiero33 6d
6d Stuttering in Ladder Matches Game stutters for about a second and half every 3-5 seconds. Happening since the patch update. I've spoke to opposing teammates and they are reporting the same thing. Any idea how to fix?CHaSE0 6d
6d Mouse cursor stuck in sc2 screen I have dual monitors, and while waiting for a game I like to (whatever) on my second monitor. I just installed a SSD in place of my old HDD and after reinstalling SC2 I can no longer move the cursor out of SC2. I have "confine cursor" set to off. I have tried the following based on suggestions I found: Set confine cursor to on, restart SC2, set confine cursor to off, restart SC2 Alt+tab repeatedly Tech specs: Running Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 3.2GHz (overclocked to 3.5GHz) 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM ATI Radeon 5750 1 GB GDDR5 (overclocked- GPU to 710MHz memory to 1175MHz) Primary monitor 23" IZ3D Secondary monitor 19" Dell Thanks for any ideas! -JasonJason7 6d
6d Patches won't download I've tried all the steps listed in the installation and patching guide/technical support, but my Starcraft 2 patches won't download. It says "Applying Patch 1 of 24" and doesn't do anything for a few seconds, then suddenly gives me the option to Play. I click Play and the screen flickers for a second, then a dialog box pops up saying "Starcraft II requires a patch. Would you like to download and install the patch now?" So I click Ok. Takes me back to the patcher window, does the exact same thing again, endless cycle continues. Why won't it download the patches? I've opened all ports, tried reinstalling Starcraft 2, restarting the computer several times, etc.Heck6 6d
6d SC2 Version mismatch with region Unable to start game do to Version mismatch with selected region, tried to restart, checked for updates. Still cant get game to login to StarCraft II!Tapazod1 6d
6d lost progression and saves i have lost progression from campaign and achievements ! Yesterday it was right , like almost finish in protos campaign ;(Ben0 6d
6d delete deletenuke0 6d
6d [SOLVED] NOT AVAILABLE WHILE INITIALIZING GAME MODE Hi, I have tried everything I could find in the forum to fix this. • Please run the Blizzard App with the Run as Administrator option. Done... • Please power cycle the network equipment and flush the DNS. Done... • Make sure the Firewall in the computer and router is set up correctly. I disabled anti virus firewall... Back when I played I didn't have it so, if it were this... • Please run StarCraft II in 32-bit mode. Done... I tried playing custom, 1v1, teams, in Europe or America (LA), and still got the same problem. Ranked is greyed out and once I click unranked, it gets gray too. When I try to start a custom game, no maps load for me to hit Create, and I cant join even in a party. Ideas?Rhadaze49 6d
6d Version Mismatch Launch SC2 after the patch, says version mismatch, restart launcher. Restart launcher, it does not download anything new. Can't log in. What do? I'm on version 4.6.2.69232Casorus3 6d
6d grid template missing Hi all, I was playing a few weeks back and my brother wanted to jump in for a match, he complained that my hotkeys were set to grid and not standard, so he changed them back to standard. However now I can't get them back to the grid hotkeys. The template is identical to standard. Infact all the templates are identical to standard. I'm lost and I don't want to spend 2 hours switching every command back to grid by hand. Any ideas?????JUB0 6d
2d Mouse/Trackpad not working Anyone else having an issue where your mouse or trackpad won't work after installation of the latest patch? I played yesterday, but just logged in and my cursor won't move. The keyboard works since I hit the escape key the menu pops up, but I can't select anything. I plugged a mouse into my laptop and it doesn't help. I restarted my laptop and still no joy. The button works. I was curious how to get the game to quit so I windowed out of SCII moved my mouse manually to where the "exit game" button is in game. windowed back into SCII and clicked the mousepad and the game exited. Mac OS 10.14 MojaveBerith39 2d
6d The ULTIMATE SC2 Optimization & FPS Guide 2.0 ... ♦ Symbols ♦ In this guide, I've placed symbols to help organize everything and keep it easy to find things. I've also linked everything up for your convenience. ------------------------------- ◘ = Header ♦ = Subheader ▲= Back to navigation ------------------------------- Also, things within the dashed lines are a list, and things in a quote are very important. If you're looking for something specific, push ctrl+f to search this thread.Duke152 6d
Nov 13 Initializing forever I've reinstalled SC2 due to some bugs regarding my update. When I reinstall the download bar shows "Initializing..." and gets stuck there. Didn't move for hours. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net client to fix but has not worked. Deleted Blizzard cache and whatnot but nothing worked. Please help a sad boi out.GucciGang18 Nov 13