Technical Support

Apr 20 Mouse issues with 4k resolution Mouse is too small to use with 4k resolution, and there's no way to enlarge it. I have changed the DPI settings in windows, which makes no difference in game. Besides, that's not a great fix considering you would have to change DPI in windows and reboot before and after every launch. Cursor is at least functional in 1080 resolution, but is still small. If there is a "fix" I was not able to find any viable information in over an hour of internet searches. Using: Windows 7 GeForce GTX 1080 I7 2600 16GB RAMRamPeters1 Apr 20
Apr 23 Portrait Glitch? My portrait isn't showing on the site. It is supposed to be a Karax portrait but, it is just broken.ZealousGamer4 Apr 23
Apr 19 free starcraft 1 broodwar question for free starcraft 1 , there is open server on ?cuz i try to create account and when i write something the game close ???tomqc1 Apr 19
Apr 19 Cant find unranked or ranked games Cant find unranked or ranked games it continually just keeps searching and never finds a game what the !@#$?Corpsejack0 Apr 19
Apr 19 Can't access Starcraft 2 multiplayer Whenever I go onto multiplayer, there are no race or mode buttons. The play button has a lock on it and when you hover over it it says "In order to access this content, you must upgrade your copy of starcraft 2." Help?Superman2 Apr 19
Apr 18 Unable to load authentication module Hi, When I start Starcraft 2, I get an error message ingame which says: Unable to load authentication module, please try again later. This weekend me and my sons tried to use multiplayer for the first time, but that part of the game wasn't working as well. I tried reinstalling the app and game, flushing DNS, removing cache files, but none worked so far. So wondering is there a problem on my PC or something else? So, please help. what can I do to make the game work again and able to use the multiplayer features? TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 94.208.99.51 (94.208.99.51), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 Blizzard (Blizzard) 0.605 ms 0.638 ms 0.809 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.9.102 (37.244.9.102) 1.764 ms 1.769 ms 1.769 ms 4 24.105.31.54 (24.105.31.54) 10.521 ms 10.656 ms 10.661 ms 5 37.244.10.34 (37.244.10.34) 10.794 ms 10.819 ms 10.913 ms 6 ziggo.equinix-am3.nl-ix.net (193.239.116.136) 10.645 ms 10.585 ms 10.575 ms 7 gv-rc0052-cr102-ae0-0.core.as9143.net (213.51.158.23) 12.401 ms 12.363 ms 12.364 ms 8 * * * 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 18/04/2017 20:17:51 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 94.208.99.51 (94.208.99.51) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 94.208.99.51 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 4999ms 18/04/2017 20:17:51 UTC -------------------- MTR: HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1. Blizzard 0.0% 10 0.4 0.6 0.4 0.8 0.1 2. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3. 37.244.9.102 0.0% 10 0.7 0.7 0.6 0.8 0.1 4. 24.105.31.54 0.0% 10 10.5 10.5 10.4 10.5 0.1 5. 37.244.10.34 0.0% 10 10.6 10.8 10.6 12.1 0.5 6. ziggo.equinix-am3.nl-ix.net 0.0% 10 10.7 13.9 10.6 42.9 10.2 7. gv-rc0052-cr102-ae0-0.core.as9143.net 0.0% 10 12.7 12.6 12.4 12.8 0.1 8. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 18/04/2017 20:17:51 UTC --------------------MicanG1 Apr 18
Apr 18 Can't login to Starcraft I need some help cause it won't let me play Starcraft 2, I login to blizzard fine but when i get in to Starcraft it says i need to verify my email but it doesn't send me an email, i can't play because of itxSterben10 Apr 18
Apr 18 The once in a while screen flicker. Not sure what happened, it just started doing this recently, but for some reason when playing the game, the screen for a fraction of a second (literally the blink of an eye) the screen flickers black. It doesn't seem to be affecting the game whatsoever, it plays fantastically on my machine, just the occasional 'blink' flicker. It just started doing this recently, but I can't pinpoint exactly when. I've updated my vid card drivers to the latest version in an attempt to solve the issue to no avail. I can't figure out why after a month of having the game I would start getting a flicker. It's really not that bad, I can play the game just fine but once about every minute or 2 there's that annoying flicker. It happens anywhere in the game. During missions, online play, during the downtime in the campaign (like when you're on the bridge or the lab) and during the cinematics. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.Casm2 Apr 18
Apr 17 Can't play offline whenever I try to launch the game offline an error message appears, "Unable to download game data from Blizzard's servers. Please check your internet connection and try again later" This error message is preventing me from launching the game offline, and it is extremely frustrating as Blizzard says you can play offline as long as you authorize SC2 within 30 days, which I have. Please help.AmazE0 Apr 17
Apr 17 Can't play Starcraft 2 Offline My internet has been fluxuating between offline and online. While its offline I try to get into the game while its offline. I see the User name log in and the button that says "connect" but when I typed my Battle.net client's username the "Connect" button does not work, its faded and darkened indicating that its unavaliable?Argronok11 Apr 17
Apr 17 Left click - double click, worker selection problem I didn't really know what to call this problem but it has been happening every game since the recent patch. One part of it is that most of the time when I try to select a single unit (scv, building, etc.) the game double clicks and ends up selecting all units in the screen (no I'm not double clicking, and no I'm not holding ctrl). The other half of the problem is that when I try to select my workers which are gathering to transfer to a gas or maybe a new base. I create a box around the workers that I want and instead of selecting the workers, it selects a single worker or maybe the mineral patch... but never the group of workers that I want to select. WTF?prOpandA1 Apr 17
Apr 17 Constant Disconnects I disconnect from games at least once every 5 games. Lately it has been every other game, and it's really frustrating. My ping stays at a solid 30ms, and my internet doesn't slow down or shut off at all when it happens. Just a disconnect, sit at the surrender option for 2 minutes, then i restart and queue back up or it eventually says "You have been dropped". My internet isn't perfect, but my internet never does this to me in other games. I get a constant 60mbps down/5mbps up. How do I fix this?Snow0 Apr 17
Apr 16 Refund or Fix? Can I get a refund? I downloaded the game because everyone tells me the campaign story is good, and I enjoyed​ the campaign but I'm stuck at wings of liberty due to the supernova bug that is really ticking me off and I wasted my whole entire day trying to make the mission work. A response to how I can fix it or if I can get a refund would be very helpful so I can buy a game that has working campaigns.CharlieBravo1 Apr 16
Apr 15 Login Error I tried to log in but it keeps on saying Error "our login system has detected a change in your access pattern" If I could get information that will be a really big helpandormeda1 Apr 15
Apr 15 replays not working My replays are not working. It allows me to click on the tab but wont allow me to click "watch solo" or "watch with others. I just bought game two weeks ago and replays still not working. Please help.MerKZoiD1 Apr 15
Apr 15 Suddenly crashing mid game SC2 is the only game that has been crashing on me. And i mean its crashing my PC, not just the game client. This has just started happening in the past few weeks. I've reinstalled windows. All my drivers for everything are up to date. I've thoroughly cleaned out my PC. All fans are functioning just fine. Temps are totally fine while playing. Anyone have a similar issue currently or in the past and know how to fix? Thanks.Browntown0 Apr 15
Apr 15 What happened to 3440x1440? Acer X34 Predator Just updated my Windows 10 to the new 1702 build and for some reason I can no longer select 3440x1440p resolution within SC2. With that res I would get black sides however the aspect ratio was at least right. The max res i can select now is only 2560x1440p and it looks stretched. Anyone else getting this?EnforceR1 Apr 15
Apr 15 [BUG] x64 client crashes on Creators Update It flashes Artanis' face, then it crashes. GTX 860M on 381.65 driver, though I'm not sure if that's GPU related since the 32 bit client works fine. Let me know if I have to provide any more info. Edit: Reproducibility: Open MSI Afterburner + RTSS combo on Creators Update Windows and launch the x64 bit client. Tried disabling the RTSS OSD, but still crashes. I'm posting this here because SC2 x64 is the common denominator. Overwatch and the 32 bit client work fine.nvmd3 Apr 15
Apr 15 Msi afterburner causing crash ? After i installed the new creator update Msi afterburner is causing starscraft 2 to crash instantlySixtyFPS4 Apr 15
Apr 14 Ranked Play- Playing against non league members I just played 2 games against people who were not in my league on SC2. When i look on the ladder i can't find their name anywhere. I tried to screenshot the names at the loading screen but it came up as a black box that doesn't show anything. From my understanding these may be their League placement games but i think its messed up if you are in a lower league trying to work your way up to a higher league and you are losing MMR to players playing placement games that will get into a higher league than you are. i am not asking for my lost MMR to be replaced but i would like to play against people who are actually in my League when playing Ranked. Isn't that why the leagues are set up? If problems continue to occur i will screenshot while in game to get the names of the players as proof they are not on the ladder in my league. I know one name was HellRaiser but the screen shot did not capture. Do you have a support email that i could send the screenshots to? i could not find one on the internet- only unrelated support topics.Baphomet0 Apr 14
Apr 14 Black screen I've played a few games today. In one game, I suddenly got a black screen: https://youtu.be/cMTbJzDhQqo The game started normally. I made some workers, built some stuff. Suddenly, before 1 minute mark, the screen turned black. I could see only my cursor. The game seemed not to be crashed and going normally without the screen. I tried blindly to type something to my ally, then recorded this and quit.Syltom1 Apr 14
Apr 14 CD KEY AND REGIONS I BOUGHT FIRST TWO PARTS OF THE TRILOGY. MY REGION IS SEA. I WILL BE GOING TO CHINA FOR A TOUR AND I AM GOING TO FINISH MY STARCRAFT 2 TRILOGY. GONNA BUY LEGACY OF THE VOID IN CHINA WILL THAT CD GAME KEY WORK IN OTHERS REGIONSsaihemeshwar1 Apr 14
Apr 18 Blizzard App Error Hi! I am currently using a MacBook Pro that is updated to the latest version. Whenever I press "PLAY" in the Blizzard App, it tells me: "Something went wrong trying to launch a program. We're not sure what caused it, so please try again or click the code below for more information. Sorry about that!" I tried various methods that I found on the forum but none of it worked. Is there any other way to launch Starcraft without going through the Blizzard App? Greatly Appreciated!VORTEX2 Apr 18
Apr 14 Save Failed I am having issues with the campaign not saving. Just downloaded the digital copy of all three games. I've tried checking the security feature to allow full control, and still nothing.NightmareB7 Apr 14
Apr 14 Cant play offline cause of authentication issue So when i launch the game through the battle.net app i login normally and im connected to no wifi and when i hit connect i hit play offline and then i get an authentication error saying i need to authenticate offline mode through the battle.net app and i checked the battle.net app and found nothing about offline play options. Anyone know how to fix?Pirateskullz0 Apr 14
Apr 13 Ryzen CPU Hi. Are there some Ryzen 7 CPU players? Could You share to us some tests ? low/avg fps for example on test unit map with huge amount of units. We will be very much appreciated. Cheers!yomaan0 Apr 13
Apr 15 What happened to 3440x1440? Acer X34 Predator Just updated my Windows 10 to the new 1702 build and for some reason I can no longer select 3440x1440p resolution within SC2. With that res I would get black sides however the aspect ratio was at least right. The max res i can select now is only 2560x1440p and it looks stretched. Anyone else getting this?EnforceR1 Apr 15
Apr 13 [Downloader] This download is not authorized It appears that the Blizzard Downloader doesn't take into account the potential for a transparent proxy being used on a person's connection. More specifically, it doesn't account for a transparent proxy that has a different IP address. It turns out that this issue is actually already half solved by requiring the downloader to be downloaded over HTTPS, bypassing the proxy. But this is where the issue comes in. You see, in order to verify that the downloading user is the same as the one who downloaded the downloader, it make a connection over HTTP to Blizzard's severs: ... ... The problem is that the user's transparent proxy intercepts this and sends it from its own IP address, causing the authentication to fail. To fix this, I suggest that, in addition to the connection over port 80 (which should stay for people that can only use HTTP), a connection is made either over another port or over HTTPS if the first check fails.Maged4 Apr 13
Apr 13 Cannot Connect to Streaming server Hello, I can connect to the streaming server? Is this my connection or SC2? WOW, D3 and Hearth Stone work fine. Does anyone know a fix? ThanksDaigith2 Apr 13
Apr 13 CPU Random Spikes 100% FIXED!!! ok well so far i have tested this in 3 games and 1 replay and no random bug that spikes cpu to 100 and drops frame rate to between 0 and 5 so all of u having this problem that no one seems to care to fix, i think i fixed just go to you BIOS on startup and go to advanced settings, look for "Intell Speed step technology" the description is sumthing like lets the system run 2 frequencies at same time. u need to DISABLE it. then save changes and happy gaming guys :)Xig49 Apr 13
Apr 13 High ping since the update Hi, I have a very high ping since the update. I never had any problem before but it's so difficult to play now. I play on EU servers, please help me fix this... Thanks for your helpAmaZinGGoaT2 Apr 13
Apr 13 Disconnects only in SCII games Disconnecting every 5 minutes from SCII games 5-7 minutes in I drop Doesn't ever happen in Heroes of the Storm or Overwatch which I play regularly. Don't know how to fixJape4 Apr 13
Apr 13 Blizz older games get the wrong Graphic Card Hi there Is there any way to set the games to be launched using an specific GPU? I have an nvidia carda that has 2GB and another one from AMD that has 8GB for my games. The thing is that i Use the secondary card for another display (it has VGA and i have 1 monitor with HDMI and another in VGA Smaller). When i start a Game in Starcraft, heartstone or Heroes of the Storm it says that my display is the VGA one, that lowers my performance on games. I have to Disable my secondary card, launch the game and then enable it again so it detects my primery card. It doesnt happens in overwatch tho or in another games that I Have, like Steam Games. Is there any way to manually set the GPu that the game is gona use? Thanks n.npepedemo0 Apr 13
Apr 12 No way to not autocomplete channel names I was running a competition today and this problem arose. I couldn't enter the channel I was supposed to join because the first time I tried to join, instead of just typing "<TournamentName>" I typed "<TournamentName>SC2" and everytime I tried to join the channel after that, it autocompleted to "<TournamentName>SC2", with no way to avoid the autocomplete. The only workaround was to clear all of the game cache so it could forget I was ever in the wrong channel, so I could enter the right one. Thankfully, no player was affected by it, but it was an unnecessary headache created by an unnecessary feature.SamGamgi0 Apr 12
Apr 12 Unable to update - issue with windows account(?) Hi, I seem to have run into an issue(it started about 2 weeks ago; i remember there was some maintenance windows @blizzard) : when launching the game, the battle.net app shows up. It attempts to download updates but fails - it appears to time out at the "initializing" stage. Eventually I get an error saying to run it as an admin. The "run as admin" workaround did word since the issue occurred and was relatively happy that i was able to play the game. All was fine until this morning, when it refused to budge(updates blocked again). I played just fine last night. The only thing that happened with my computer in the mean time are some windows updates. Naturally, one would like to keep these updates in place, so rolling back is not really a solution. Talking to support, we tried different approaches and one of them was to create a new admin account and try updating that way. Did that and so far the game is updating itself and whatnot(i have a really slow connection so to see the game actually work will take a while). while i wait for this to be done - did any of you experience something similar? What could be wrong with my usual account? Suggestions on what i might try to restore it to full functionality?BurnMyEyes0 Apr 12
Apr 12 Bad textures with every settings on awesome NVIDIA card *sorry if it's a duplicated post, my internet connection has gone bananas but I can't find my post on the list so I'm posting again* Hello. I got a problem with really ugly looking textures, be it inside the game or the menu screen. Textures look blurry. It feels like vomit. I got an NVIDIA GTX1070. It's a brand new machine with Windows 10, 16GB RAM. What else is relevant? A 2K monitor, 2560x1440 resolution. Drivers updated. I've seen some other similar issues in the forums from some years ago. They talked about changing texture scaling from 50% to 100% which worked for each "complainee". However, the present-day NVIDIA control panel don't have such settings. Playing around with DSR-smoothness didn't work, it doesn't seem related at all, I was just trying stuff. Some forum posts also mentioned mip-map settings to be set on high quality - but can't find those as well on the control panel. My Googling did not work. It seems like a revival of an old topic, but I couldn't find an answer. Thanks for any help.Orez2 Apr 12
Apr 11 Support Button Greyed out Hi, Just as the title says, the submit button when I go to submit a ticket is greyed out and I cannot contact support. My question to support was going to be: I have an I3, 3.3GHz atm as my CPU. With this CPU the CPU dependent settings in SC2 are either set to low or off. I'm thinking of upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 1700 and I'm wondering with this new CPU will I be able to run the CPU dependent graphics options on high?psycodiver2 Apr 11
Apr 11 Jump to location 2 hotkey is not working F6 camera view hotkey is not working, when i try to set F6 for Jump to location 2, it doesn't work.Dahsirus2 Apr 11
Apr 11 Arcade games will not start As in literally none of them. What is going on?Forklift1 Apr 11
Apr 10 Ladder missing win 1v1 Win lost just outage but replay remainsSixtyFPS0 Apr 10
Apr 10 Cant login ? ?IIIIIIIIIIII17 Apr 10
Apr 10 Login Workaround I tried to contact blizzard chat about this. They wanted all sorts of files before they would let me talk to them so I came here instead. I could not login to Bnet US nor SC2 on the Americas server. I then logged into the Bnet APP through the Asia server. Once connected to Bnet I was able to login to SC2. Hope this helps.IamJon0 Apr 10
Apr 10 Offline HoTS denied I bought WoL and HoTS digitally shortly after they were released. I moved in with my brother 2 months ago, who doesn't have Internet. Once a week I'll ride with him to a cafe on base for some wifi. I'll connect online and play a few 2v2s or whatever then we head back to the house. My problem is not being able to play offline. I've tried all suggestions that I've read but none of them help. Has anyone found a method that allows them to play offline? All these old forums from 2011 and 2015 aren't helping.CrystalPoisn4 Apr 10
Apr 10 Storage Space Discrepancy I am very close to running out of storage space on my SSD, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the games I own (including Starcraft II) in hopes of getting rid of all the previous patches I have accumulated over the years of playing. When I went to reinstall the game I thought it had worked, because the game said it would only take a fraction of the space it had before, but when I looked on the settings, it still took the same amount of space on my SSD. So I have two problems: how to get back the space I had right after I first installed all three expansions on this computer, and why I am getting two different readings for storage space. Details: I am running Windows 10, Starcraft started out at apprx. 20 GB when I downloaded (all three wings), and now it is at 44.3 GB. I have tried clearing the cache as Blizzard suggested, but it had very minimal impact. Thank you in advance for all of your help.ShadowVoid5 Apr 10
Apr 10 Error 2:- 1073741819 when starting Hello. So lately , I can't play Starcraft because everytime I try to start from Battle.net client, I get this error message. I've tried to repair , re-install and everything that came through my mind, but I can't get this worked out. I'm using Windows 10 but it has been working well until 3/4 days ago. Even in compatibility mode (which was never needed) this message appears. Thanks in advance :)Rozé10 Apr 10
Apr 10 Logitech G35 Macrokeys Recently I discovered that the Logitech G35 side hotkeys don't work. I use them to control iTunes while playing. However they don't work. I thought it was just a SC2 issue, but the issue persists in HoTS.BlueWindX2 Apr 10
Apr 10 Incorrect display driver? http://imgur.com/a/Yo9tK I have a GTX 1060.. and its selecting this 630 one..Tzula1 Apr 10
Apr 9 Could I get some help plz? apologies if you've answered how to fix this issue and I just haven't seen it. Whenever I try to launch Starcraft 2, I get a black screen (my computer claims this is Starcraft 2) that never actually becomes the game. This issue dates back to the last patch.Lunashoof2 Apr 9
Apr 9 Cant do a Character Name Change Hello, I cant select a Character Name Change while im eligible for it. I tried different browsers but i cant click [Use name change] button after i select a region. How come?ShinSeHa3 Apr 9
Apr 9 Please try again after logging on as an administrator. Have tried everything Reinstalled BNET Deleted BNET files from program data Recently unistalled SC2, now cant even install it. Getting the same error. Please help!Qiin22 Apr 9