Technical Support

Nov 27 how to play offline I want to launch SC2 in offline mode to play with AI or campaign or to test some build orders but when i push "RUN" button at the Battle.net app i see error message: "You need to download 100% data". How can i do it. I try to contact support with that problem. They tell me to disable "autonomous mode" at Internet Explorer. And to delete "Battle.net" and "Blizzard Entertainment" folders at "C:\ProgramData". I did it but the result is the same as before. Game needs 100% data to launch offline. What i need to do to be able to run the game in offline mode? Thanks for answers.MYMOTHER4 Nov 27
Nov 27 DECENT LAPTOP FOR LOW-MED SETTINGS? Hi, i have decided to buy a new laptop mainly for work use and to run SC2 on my free time. I have been looking at a DELL and I wonder if anyone could recommend this laptop for LOW-MED settings? Can it run SC2 on online multiplayer with 6 to 8 players in low settings with out lagging? Specs Intel Core i5-6200U (3MB Cache, up to 2.80 GHz) RAM 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2) Intel HD Graphics 520ElmerOvergon1 Nov 27
Nov 27 offline play when I try to play offline it says go to battle.net and select my game client I have no clue what that means can someone help me plzkwineinger1 Nov 27
Nov 27 Into the Void Near the end of the epilogue mission "Into the Void" my game crashed/locked up. On continue campaign during next play session I'm unable to click the minimap or use some hotkeys like (a). It appears to have loaded/resumed right about where I left off before the crash. Not sure if there's an auto log generated that would assist finding the cause. May be related to Nvidia optimization settings. Was a bit too much for my old gtx 560ti and I had toned them down in game but didn't restart cause I was too immersed in the mission. Otherwise, I love this expansion. Thank you so much!zAneTsu2 Nov 27
Nov 26 IS THIS A DECENT LAPTOP FOR SC2? Hi, i have decided to buy a new laptop mainly for work use and to run SC2 on my free time. I know its better a PC for online gaming, but because my work I need a Laptop. I have been looking at a DELL and I wonder if anyone could recommend this laptop for LOW-MED settings? Can it run SC2 on online multiplayer with 6 to 8 players in low settings with out lagging? Specs Intel Core i5-6200U (3MB Cache, up to 2.80 GHz) RAM 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2) Intel HD Graphics 520ElmerOvergon4 Nov 26
Nov 26 Sound issue When I launch starcraft it causes my entire computers audio to become distorted. Like its coming through a fish-tank. Its exactly the same thing that happens when I am getting a skype call, all the audio becomes distant and background while the call is ringing. Then once I pick up or decline the audio goes back to normal. But with starcraft its just as soon as I launch the game, the game's audio, and my computer, is distorted. Not sure if I am missing something in the settings. Running Windows 8.1smurf0 Nov 26
Nov 26 Help with computer lag when playing So ive been playing star craft off and on casually since Star craft 1 the first installment and all the way till now, in the last year ive upgraded my computer. So here is my issue, When im in game i get really low frames, be it 1vs1, AI or other players, or Co-op after a certain amount of units are on the field. I've defragged, Disk clean up, and ran my anti-virus and malware fighter, cleared Cache's and stopped running programs in the background and only having Curse Voice, and star craft open. Still my frame rate will drop to about 10 or less frames, and in some games all the way down to 3 frames a second, I've also changed settings from ultra down to medium and then low, still same results. My friend has only one version better graphics card then me but he gets 40 frames a second stably through out everything. My PC spec's are Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-core Processor Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 1866MHz DDR3 32GB Graphic's Card: Nvidia GeFroce GTX 960 2gb ram OS: Windows 10 Home Hard Drive: 2TB Toshiba If anyone has any idea's that would help me run my game better so i can improve as a player that would be great.Ashiera0 Nov 26
Nov 26 Cloud Saving for Campaign not working Hi I had recently re completed my campaign for HOTS and LOTV on my desktop last week with the maser archives unlocked but when i switch to my laptop the master archives was blanked out and my campaign progress was set back but my desktop still shows competed campaign. Please help!!!Alex2 Nov 26
Nov 26 No sound in-game! Hi guys. I just bought the trilogy digital deluxe edition yesterday and spent all day trying to figure out why I have no sound in the game. I dont have an issue with sound anywhere else including with other games but I have no sound in battle.net app or the game itself. I looked everywhere and messed with the sound settings, even reinstalled the game and it still does it. I cant play this without sound so If I cant find a fix how do I go about getting a refund? Thanks for your help. Here are my specs: OS: Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit CPU: AMD FX-6300 Ram: 24 gb GPU: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB 750 w psuWrecklessD1 Nov 26
Nov 26 Authentication Module Just drove up to my folks house. Tried to download S2 and login. Got the message that the Authentication module failed to download. WTF SC.... just wana play offline with my @%!@!##@ internet against AI. Waaaaaaaai. Any ideas?Seromancer2 Nov 26
Nov 25 Reconnect Dialogue NetGear R6220 Attempting to Reconnect Dialogue does not work when using a R6220 Router. There is never a reconnect(despite being connected to battle.net). Opening UDP/TCP ports does not help. Firmware version: V1.1.0.34_1.0.1Merakai2 Nov 25
Nov 25 Language of the game Why does the promotional screen have news in Korean? Even the rating warning msg is in Korean. I downloaded and installed the English version of the game and yet it still shows Korean. Why? This is really stupid. Once I change the region, shouldn't it only show the language that I have set it for? Diablo 3 and other games do not have this issue. Furthermore, Why can't I select what screen to display the game? For all the other games (Overwatch, Diablo 3, HOS), I could change the game to windowed and move it along and make full screen to play it on the specific monitor I want. But SC2? No you can't. It just brings the game to the primary monitor. What the hack?IILILITHII0 Nov 25
Nov 25 3440x1440 support for single player campaign? Hey guys, Finally got around to picking up the last part of the campaign, and after installing and starting it seems 3440x1440 on my Predator monitor isn't supported? A quick search found a couple of old posts saying it wasn't supported, is this still the case, or is there a fix floating around somewhere? I have no interest in online play, pvp or otherwise, and if able would like to finish out the last part of the story in the best resolution possible. Thanks. :)Zurt0 Nov 25
Nov 25 Nova Covert Ops Hotkey Bindings Hey Everyone, I use a non-QWERTY keyboard (Dvorak) and a non standard key binding layout (TheCore). Normally this doesn't pose any issues, but I can't find the binding for Nova's new abilities in Covert Ops anywhere. I even opened the key binding file to look, which is what I had to do for some abilities in co-op. I didn't see it there either. Does anyone know how I can rebind Nova's abilities like "Break Neck"? They're basically useless where they are now.DuMaiKe5 Nov 25
Nov 25 Attempting to Reconnect does not reconnect Attempting to reconnect screen does not actually attempt to reconnect, it straight up drops the user in certain cases. I have seen this screen across multiple games, not once has it ever actually reconnected me. The only option is to hit the Surrender button. However, for my opponents, they are always given 40 seconds. I am never given 40 seconds to reconnect.Merakai11 Nov 25
Nov 25 SC Lag Issues Anyone having lag issues with SC lately? Its been going on for the last few days. I can stream videos from youtube or other sites fine. But SC just lags a lot. Some times it takes a while for the game stats to load (ie Co-op commander levels showing as 0)ShaoQuan1 Nov 25
Nov 25 Bug with 1v1 ARCHON MODE becoming 2v's on 4 player maps Archon mode when on 4 player maps spawns two bases instead of one.DrSalty1 Nov 25
Nov 25 Issue with trying to Run as Admin I've been trying to get Starcraft 2 to run with administrative privileges, but I'm running into a problem. I went into the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft II\Versions\Base48258 From there, I tried changing the properties of the SC2.exe file so it runs as an administrator. Unfortunately, when I press Play in the Battle.net client, it gives me an Error 5:740, saying "An error occurred starting Starcraft II. Please try again." This sounds fishy. Any ideas?darkdill0 Nov 25
Nov 24 control groups 1-4 not working Hi, i have a problem in game where my control groups 1-4 do not work, but 5 and above work. I have tried resetting my hotkeys to no avail, and i can confirm my keyboard works.undertaker4 Nov 24
Nov 24 Wings of Liberty disappeared! Hi! I have been playing Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty - Standard Edition (WOL) and Heart of Swarm since last year. I first installed Wings of liberty back in July 2015, when I received the pack, and Heart of the swarm about 5 months later. About 2 months back, I went back to playing Wings of Liberty again from the start, but the system asked me to buy WOL after the 4th mission. It also does not allow me to play multiplayer game. I tried entering the WOL Key I had used originally, but it says the key is already entered in the Blizzard code. I am stuck and not able to continue. (Weird- I can only play 1vAI and training matches) Can you please assist in enabling WOL on my account again. Let me know if you need any info. Help! I sincerely need your support. Thanks! -LegoBoy 4/8/2016LegoBoy4 Nov 24
Nov 24 changing starcraft 2 directory in my documents to NAS I want to change My Documents/Starcraft II to my network attached storage. By putting the folder in my NAS, I want to access all of my player data, replays, and arcade bank files using multiple computers I own, including remote computers that are outside of my home network. Can this be done, and if so how?oGsHireN0 Nov 24
Nov 24 Editor crashes when configuring an action in triggers Starcraft II Editor now crashes everytime I try to configure an action in triggers. Started happening after the latest patch! Please fix soon!leviathan0 Nov 24
Nov 24 Game keeps randomly freezing. Have to ctrl-alt-delete to fix So i haven't played SC2 much since HOTS came out and i just yesterday bought LOTV since its on sale for black friday and now im having this random freezing issue. It first started where the game would crash and say "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware", so i updated the nvidia graphics driver and now the game just randomly freezes but VERY often. To fix it i have to ctrl-alt-delete out of the game, then just fire it back up from the task bar and voila it's magically working again. However it wont last long, sometimes it will go a few minutes before doing it again, sometimes as quick as 10 seconds. I haven't tried multiplayer yet since im currently doing the LOTV campaign but ive noticed this doesn't happen during any cutscene, only during actual gameplay. Does anyone have a fix for this or know whats going on? Specs: i7-3770k NVIDIA 460GTX 16GB DDR3 Windows 10 Pro with a fresh installJohnnyV0 Nov 24
Nov 24 Core out of memory (new details) I know this is a pretty long withstanding issue since HotS came out, but with LotV there's been a few more pieces of information in the error log. Previously it just said "Core: out of memory" with the same generic error code, but now there's a few more pieces of information in the latest crash: https://i.gyazo.com/5c1292864b8f7e5fc625a102a8c0fc7f.png "The instruction 0x581f5f62 referenced memory at (some invalid mem) ..." The instruction specified might offer some insight on why / how the error is produced. Hopefully we'll get this fixed eventually. Some basic context- happens after 1v1 laddering for an extended period of time.XiaoXiao2 Nov 24
Nov 24 Unable to connect to battlenet after installing patch. When I try to log in I get the standard message that I can't connect to battlenet asking if I want to play offline. Since the patch however I've been unable to do connect no matter how many times I've tried. No other problems with my normal internet connection just unable to log in and play online.MarS3 Nov 24
Nov 24 The game says I used cheats Hey guys! Two days ago I was playing WoL campaing without any issues. Yesterday I bought HotS and LotV from the Battle.net store and I logged in to continue the campaign but right when I started it, the game said that the achievements are disabled because of cheat using. Any idea what might have cause this? I never used any cheat code in this game.Skalh0 Nov 24
Nov 24 Flashing Screen I am currently running a win7-32bit w/ nvidia 7600GT graphics. I haven't played in a month or so. I signed in & got the update. After the update, whenever I try to play the game my screen is constantly blinking. The loading screen for the game itself doesn't, but everything from the login thru into a game itself is constantly blinking... I have tried updating drivers for video card & rolling them back to other versions... nothing helps. No other games seem to have this problem. Any ideas?Christo15 Nov 24
Nov 24 Purchased games not being what I bought Purchased games: I bought Wings of Liberty and when i click on the wings of liberty campaign, it shows up as legacy of the void and has all the saved games for legacy of the void... i can't play wings of liberty at allWatson2 Nov 24
Nov 24 TRYING TO PLAY SINGLE PLAYER MODE WITH CHEAT HI, I was warned on bnet about using cheat engine on sc2. I admit i used it for "mineralz" just for the achievements and also to play solo... cheating resources up to like 2million and chilling at base, basically learning how to play like a noob. Anyways is there a way I can play this offline or in single player without getting banned?Hurrikane3 Nov 24
Nov 24 I can't change my portrait after installing patch 3.8 I can't change my portrait after 3.8 install I right click on my portrait and the change portrait option is missing it was their in 3.7 plz fix this I've tried running a repair and no changeDarkRanger2 Nov 24
Nov 24 Unable to Continue Nova Campaign Unable to continue Nova Campaign. I own all 3 packs, but only options are to load an old save of the last mission, or start a new campaign.PerkPrincess7 Nov 24
Nov 24 co-op bug i play 1 game but then i have to restart the game entirely or i get stuck in searching for game infinitely, even when im playing with a friend i have to do it or we both get stuck in searching despite us being in a party.......this has gone on for a couple of patches now and im getting a bit annoyed this hasnt been found and fixed yet as im starting to lose my interest in this game because of this.........DeathWing0 Nov 24
Nov 24 Can't get into game after update After I finish downloading today's update, I'm unable to launch the game. It pops out a screen saying An unexpected fatal error occurred. I tried scan and repair from battle.net app. It said no repair required. I played campaign last night so I'm pretty sure the problem came out after the update.Ruia2 Nov 24
Nov 24 Login button grayed out even after all information entered When i have recently attempted to play SC2, it has required me to enter my login credentials, even though i am already logged in through the Battle.net client. I do not have an issue with this, however, after i enter my credentials, the login button is grayed out and i still cannot log in.NightFury0 Nov 24
Nov 23 Continous scanning game files.... This is very frustrating. It has been scanning game files and unable to play the game for weeks now. It is also extremely difficult to try to reach a person for help. CAN YOU PLEASE fix this issue? thanksmike28 Nov 23
Nov 23 I want to play offline mode! how? Hey guys I want to know how to authorize my game client to let me play offline mode! And also what is a starcraft character?Numbawunnoob68 Nov 23
Nov 23 Not all queen injects registering in mid-late game (on Mac) Help please. I use the the camera location hot key and box click method for my queen injects i.e. go to location, box queen, press x/v and click on hatch. However i notice that during the mid to late game, sometimes my queens do not do anything despite carrying out the above mechanics. I am on a 15 inch mid 2015 macbook pro with 2.5ghz and AMD radeon r9 370x 2048mb laptop, connected to an external monitor and wireless keyboard. Razor chroma mouse. Any ideas why?Sushi0 Nov 23
Nov 23 Game crash The game will crash at seemingly random intervals, doesn't matter what mode I'm playing. The game will freeze while all audio continues playing in the background. The game screen will also look torn, as if it had been cut and then glued back together but miss-aligned. Then the screen will go black. If Alt+tab is attempted desktop will be displayed on screen but the SC2 cursor will still be visible and no interaction with other windows will be possible (I.e: clicking does nothing). Have tried both windowed (fullscreen) and full screen modes. Note: Running with two monitors. here are my system specs. Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161102-0100) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: ASUS System Model: All Series BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/20/14 14:45:03 Ver: 12.04 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM Available OS Memory: 16328MB RAM Page File: 5399MB used, 27312MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 12 ----- Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x679A) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Type: Full Device Display Memory: 11216 MB Dedicated Memory: 3053 MB Shared Memory: 8163 MBReston0 Nov 23
Nov 23 Invisible mouse pointer My mouse pointer is invisible but I can know where it is when I roll over a block . I cannot play any games because I can't precisely select anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled "Swarm" twice without fixing it. Have restored computer to a date when pointer was visible. Have changed resolution and deleted pointer trails. This is the only game I play and would purchase "Legacy" if I thought I could overcome the invisible pointer; but I don't want to waste my money on a game that may not work. I don't know how to fix this...JayGee1 Nov 23
Nov 23 Question regarding CPU vs Graphics Card I'm currently using a Core i3 CPU with only 4 GB of RAM, but have an AMD Radeon R7 200 series graphics card. I've been using very low graphics settings for a while to try and free up some FPS, but if my processor is bad, does it really matter? My computer is over 5 years old, so yes I'm planning to eventually replace it. It's just a matter of money.darkdill1 Nov 23
Nov 23 Blizzard please, Increase publishable capacity Hi, I`m making the mod and map which depend on the mod. I`m interested in changing texture in model. So my mod`s volume becomes 110mb over and will be more heavy volume. And that mod will be not able to publish maybe, if the mod`s volume is 320mb over. Therefore I suggest to increase account`s publishable capacity. I wanna have more publishable capacity about 1gb to make exciting map.Casena0 Nov 23
Nov 23 Hotkey Profile wont stick As title, started new patch with standard, went back to old profile, but go back to options and its back to standard again. Same issue in gaMeBoneApart1 Nov 23
Nov 24 Patch 3.8 Update Stalled Trying to download 3.8 on mac. Several hours now. Update get stuck on 1.35 GB remaining @ either 0 KB/s or 20KB/s. Does not move at all at either speed. This happened during the last patch as well. Switching my servers fixed it. No luck this time. Have tried: - resterting computer - log in and out of battle.net - switching regions - Delete battle.net cache folder - Delete battle.net files - checked program permissions - scanned game for corrupted files Any help welcommedHonestAbe1 Nov 24
Nov 23 Cant login now server is down for maintenance? Cant login now server is down for maintenance? I`m in EuropeNexus1 Nov 23
Nov 22 NOVA PACK 3 INSTALL I PURCHASED THE NOVA PACK 3 AND IT SHOWS ON MY ACCOUNT AS PURCHASED BUT IT NEVER INSTALLED. HOW DO I RESOLVE?Shades4 Nov 22
Nov 22 Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware Screen will go all black or all gray after a few minutes of gameplay. Windows 10 will report: Application SC2_x64.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.Okami9 Nov 22
Nov 22 Nova Covert Ops I purchased the 3 pack mission for the Nova Covert Ops - how do I access Pack 3? TarrantTerrax0 Nov 22
Nov 22 Surrender forced after finishing Coop mission Play a Coop mission. Successfully completed, and after the final message comes saying that the mission was completed, I get a "Surrender" box in the middle of the screen. I'm forced to click it or I am locked up and nothing happens. No scores reported, and I'm not getting credit. Happens for any hero I play, and has been happening for the past week or so. Game play is no problem at all. Just kills the session when it goes to report the score. Very frustrating.NomAnor0 Nov 22
Nov 22 Authentication Key I got the game 5 years ago when it came out. Since then I have forgotten my battlenet account and had to create a new one recently. I already used my authentication key way back in the day, now I want to play again. But it only gives me the trial version on Battle.net launcher. When I authenticate on battlenet it says that the code has been used, yes, yes it has... am I doomed to buying a new game?SnowBonez5 Nov 22
Nov 22 Wont finsih downloading Have reformatted this computer over the years usually from putting in a new hard drive but never seen this problem. Downloaded everything but the remaining 1.07. The battle.net window says a update is read, i cay continue. The download speed stays at 0.0 B/s. It wont start so i just play SC anyways, had a few times of bad lag, so i paused the DL to play then after turned it back on to finish downloading but it never does. it was stuck at 1.47 gig remaining and then it jumped to 1.07 and been like for about a week.RANdOMiZE1 Nov 22