Technical Support

Feb 14, 2011 Reinstalling Starcraft 2 IF i installed it the first time i shouldnt have to re activate my serial key should i?messUup2 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Trouble recieving Achievements Hi there. I'm having issues receiving achievements when I play against A.I. opponents. Yes, I'm making sure their difficulties are at medium or higher. No, I'm not entering any cheats while playing. And yes, I win the matches. However, I have played the "win a multiplayer match against 7 medium A.I. opponents on FFA" about five times. And still haven't received the achievement for it. I don't understand. I also haven't received any of the basic achievements for "win 10 matches as (race or random) against medium A.I. opponents" and no, I haven't messed with the handicapped settings either. Am I doing something wrong or is my game messed up? As another side note, I also did the repair Starcraft 2 repair as well and still it did not help. So any help would be nice, because this is getting aggravating. Thanks.Dracanisa4 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 cant log in, just background pops up so when i lunch sc2 it starts. it loads and then a login is suppose to open where i enter my password. well nothing pops up, just the background with the spaceship flying. igor1 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Battle net site on Google Chrome browser bug Every page I access gives me: unsupported node -4 Have tryed from different machines, windows versions etc...Fred2 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Changing Language to English (EU) I was curious if I could change my language to English (EU). After searching I know I have to download the client in that language, but I can't seem to get it in another language. I've tried changing the battle.net website to "Americas - English (EU)", but it still has the download as "North America / English (US)". I've also tried changing the language under Settings » Communication Preferences. I'm a little stumped :( (note that I am not trying to change region, I'd still be in the North American region, but using the English (EU) language version)Dakatsu2 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Game Crushes I've been experiencing game crushes with this following error message. Wondering if there is any way to solve it. Thank you. The error message is over-sized, so I'll just paste the first part: ================================================================================ StarCraft II (B17326) Time: 2011-02-13 19:25:50.425 Exe: D:\StarCraft II\Versions\Base17326\SC2.exe Parameters: Exe Built: 2011-01-15 23:47:32.849 User: Lee-Yo Computer: LEE-YO-PC Version: 1.2.0.17326 Branch: branches/1.2.0 Revision: 88242 Locale: enUS ================================================================================ ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) occurred at 0023:00D3EDA4. The memory at '0xF940FBE4' could not be written. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- Manual Stack Trace (ID:3908 Stack:0x058C0000 + 8,388,608 "Main Thread") ---------------------------------------- Milk3 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 [BUG] Repair.app breaks file permissions There is a tool called Repair.app inside /Applications/StarCraft II/Support/. … The Repair.app tool makes the entire StarCraft II folder readable and writable by everyone. After running the tool, the folder permissions were: <my username> Read & Write admin Read & Write everyone Read & Write I figure that a Repair tool might need to change permissions while it’s running, but it should “clean up” after itself. This is a security risk. I’d also wager that it opens doors for plenty of other SC2 issues as well…issues that will eventually come back to your Support team. ☹ Please fix A.S.A.P.!Zearin2 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Game crashes but only when playing against P Ive been having some issues when ever I play against a protoss player the game crashes, the last three 1v1s Ive had against protoss Ive crashes out at the first push from them. any ideas on what to do?TehBeck1 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Jumping forward in replays Will this be implemented in the future? The way it is now works fine for shorter matches, but when you're trying to get to the last fights in an hour-long game it's a bit of a drag. Thanks!Halls1 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 My Specs Good Enough For Game? Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I'm terrible with computer hardware / specs, and I tried looking this stuff up but it's too detailed. Will these specs run the game at all? I'm totally okay with lowest graphics settings, just want to play the game. Let me know what you think and how the game will run: Windows 7 version: Home Premium Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1660 2.80 GHz Installed memory (RAM): 2 GB (1.87 usuable) system type: 64-bit operating system Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Thank you so much!SvcGhost3 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Recent matches do NOT show up on replay list! Since a few weeks ago my replay list has not be updating my matches. The last replay I have of myself is like January 25th. I thought it was cause my hard drive was full but this is not the case. Anyone have any idea why my replays having been showing up? This is extremely frustrating and any help would be grateful. Thank you in advance.DaCheF1 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 System Upgrade Advice I'm looking to upgrade my system with an eye for improving SC2 performance, specifically. Any advice on what kind of improvements I can make on a budget? Thanks! AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 @ 373 MHz 2816MB GeForce 9500 GT Khubilai7 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 [Vid] Screen hang(fps chop): Often unplayable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iMkMrbjfZA I've had this problem since beta, and can't find any technical support. Since the problem is pretty hard to describe, and seems to have no real in-game trigger, I just decided to play a game vs. an AI, FRAPS, and inevitably record a bunch of screen hangs. I replay clips where hangs occur, at 50% speed, and label each one so you can clearly tell when they occur. As you can see, the hangs actually get better as the game goes on. Usually, when a game starts, I can't do anything for several seconds while the whole game is hung. This does not cause a lag screen to pop up for other players, it just makes me split my probes later than everyone else. This is definitely not: -CPU overheating issue -GPU overheating issue -Graphics card driver issue -FRAPS issue -Any issue listed in Archer's stickied thread (as far as I'm aware) Edit1: I've posted on other forums and read their suggestions, so I'll add to the list of things that do NOT cause this problem: -Too weak of a CPU: I have an AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3415 MHz quadcore -Too little RAM: I have 4 gb (should be plenty for the small scale battles demonstrated here... this is very different from the lag you get playing, say, desert strike, where hundreds of units are on screen) -Too weak GPU: I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, 640 MB, should be good enough for these small scale battles, if I'm not mistaken. -Malfunctioning RAM: I have done a memtest recently and actually replaced faulty RAM, so I know it's not this. -Dirty physical connectors for GPU or RAM: I have recently taken my graphics card out to clean it out, so I know the connections are all clean and secure.Buddhist3 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Game videos are all dark When I load a mission the intro video is all dark except Raynor's beard. His beard is bright white. This is a new problem. When I first played through the campaign in Sept everything ran perfectly. The in game colors are just fine with the occasional over saturation (eg. SCVs are all bright blue.). This never happens in mp, so I haven't noticed. Windows says that all my drivers are up to date. I am running Win 7 64bit with GTX480 sli on a Asus P6X58D-E mobo.Toast6 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 Missing ladder matches Hi I have this problem of missing ladder matches for team games (4v4) where the match does not show up in my match history after I win (Why is it always situations where I win the opponents, not when I lose...) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/139201-4v4-terran-protoss-zerg-sand-canyon This match was played yesterday Feb 13 on 2113hrs (UTC/GMT +8 hours) However, it is not shown in my match history. This is not the first time. http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/139205-4v4-terran-protoss-zerg-extinction Feb 10 1022 hrs (UTC/GMT +8 hours) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/139208-4v4-terran-protoss-zerg-high-ground Feb 7 1614 hrs (UTC/GMT +8 hours) http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/139212-4v4-terran-protoss-zerg-outpost Feb 5 1506hrs (UTC/GMT +8 hours) And many more... Currently, I have the DC bug that alot of people are complaining about. What happens is that the achievement service will bug out and then I get dropped from the game. Which is why I am playing 4v4 instead of 1v1s. I am not sure if this is linked with the lost matches bug. Blizzard please rectify this, I do not want my effort to go to waste...Modularity0 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 installing I can't reinstall sc2, it says that there are problems when i try to install it like. Whenever i download the patch and i click play sc2 exits me out of it immediately, please help. Colossus0 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 No achievements or portrait Since 1.2 came out my game says achievements are not available, my portrait will not load up, and it consistently gives me the "unable to download" error message while trying to play custom maps as well as during cut scenes in campaign mode. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it has not solved the problem. If anyone else has had this problem and any success getting it to run properly please let me know.Solumun2 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 14, 2011 DC every first game This has happened since one of the latest patches, and it is NOT my Internet connection. Every 1st or 2nd or 3rd game I play (Almost always on ladder), I lag and it asks me if I want to surrender for about 5-10 seconds, and then 20-60 seconds later, I get dropped. I am sick of this bs, I lost a lot of good-to-be games because of this crap, and it only happens one time I log on, and then doesn't happen again. How can I fix/help this?GeopGamer0 Feb 14, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Account Management It says that my account is not associated with Starcraft 2. In my account it says that it is an Active account with NO characters. How can I fix this problem? Thanks, rocketRocket3 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Performance problem, what should i upgrade? Hi I got starcraft 2 and its fantastic. But im having a little... well, im having an issue with the performance of the game on my computer. My Specs are: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.7Ghz 3Gb of DDR2 RAM 160GB Hard Drive (IDE) and.... well, i had an Nvidia Gt240 with 512MB of DDR5, and it works ok. If i set the settings on Medium to low settings (setting everything on medium and then configuring deactivating the 3D frames and stuff...) and on 1152 x 1000 ... but i want to see the game on, at least, high settings (;_; yes let me be!) and i bought yesterday an ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 1GB of DDR5. I instaled the card, started the game, and i first, i tried on medium settings without configuring anything. It works flawessly, a little lag (?) but nothing really problematic, 80 to 45 FPS during the game. Tested a game on High settings... And the pain started. first i had it on 1280x720, then i switched to 1152x720 and the results are the same: The game gets really choppy after more elements enters to the screen!. And its weird, because just starting the game, i have 80 FPS, but it can go all down to 1FPS if i build like 20 units, and my opponent has 20 units too. -_- its really frustrating, so, what should i upgrade next?, what could be wrong?, the video card is not Ok? because i can return it, or what can i do, what i need to upgrade next if i want to play my favorite game on High settings ):???? Whaaaatttt WHAAAT ;O;!?... EgEmKuN9 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Dropping from matches at same spot. When I am playing Xel Naga Obs, a game where everyone Observes and then it chooses people to play 1v1, I drop exactly when it's my turn and my base spawns. I also disconnect when I click my portraits or any other portraits. When this happens my browser disconnects also. This only happens on this account. I used my guest pass and I can view portraits without dropping on the guest account. I got a new router recently but I opened all the ports. BeardedClam1 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 "not avaible while downloading": i canot play Hi, I perfectly downloaded and instaled the patch 1.1, i start the game, and then in multiplayer i cannot click on the "find match" button, i cannot join a custom game, and it's writting "not avaible while downloading".... I let it for one hour, perhaps it's downloading something...and a warning alert told me that "the file cannot be download corectly". And then the same problem that i cannot click on "find game" or "join game"... I think that it download the 9 items thats sometimes you have to download before playing a game? Help! thanks.boblechacal2 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Workaround Hello. I'm just wondering if there is professional help on a workaround for the bull@### region lock.Shuriken2 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Buying a new laptop In the process of buying a new laptop. I have two options right now. Which one will help me run medium without lag? SAMSUNG RF510-S02 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 640GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M SAMSUNG Q430-JU01 NoteBook Intel Core i5 460M(2.53GHz) 14" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW NVIDIA GeForce 310M + Intel HDRevolution4 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Starcraft Crashes my PC So, during some games, SC2 would crash at random points. I looked online for solutions, capped frame rate, and that didn't help. I got fed up so I reformatted my hard drive. All it has is a fresh install of windows that only has SC2 on it. It still crashes my laptop during midgame. Does anyone know where the error log would be at? I have no idea how to debug this (I usually use linux). If you need more info, tell me how to get it and I'll post it. Gateway NV59 series Intel i5 processor Intel Integrated graphics HD thanks.MrOcean3 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Is Starcraft 2 IPV6 ready ? According to http://ipv6.he.net/ the world is quickly running out of reserved ipv6 address space. Does blizzard have plans to support using an ipv6 address, to ensure that that this game works on the internet in the long term future ? Please refrain from responding with negative remarks, I don't care for them and only want to know the answer from blizzard.Rage5 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Glitches and issues. Need sc2 public chat where everyone can be in the same channel and talk about stuff. Game play issues: Protoss immortal's are glitched they take almost no damage vs planetary fortress, and kill it easily. 1 single immortal will kill fully upgrade PF. Immortals plus Collosis both mobil and too powerful, yet Terran has not 1 single mobil long range unit even close to equal. Can even crono boost speed of production both these. Tanks cannot be created faster with any type of upgrade so sad. Zerg air is way too strong. In fact mutilisk air is unstoppable $ for $ vs all other races, and kills air and ground. They hit 3 dif units ground or air upgraded nothing stops them. This needs to be addressed. This is why Zerg wins lans 1vs1. Terran gets screwed. All other races have fast ways to increase speed for only 50/50 $ on limited buildings, no upgrade for tanks and such. Terran has to pay extra 50/50 to only double production and takes up too much space to do so. Need a 1 time upgrade that doubles all buildings without add-on taking up space. Simply make the buildings look different. Tanks need to be stronger, once races upgrade armor seems like tanks don't hurt anything anymore. Unrealistic. Terran has no powerful long range mobile ground unit like Zerg/Toss has tanks need more power on the move. Need to add a 4th race like wow does in patches and new versions. Add more new units each patch keep it fun and exciting. Need an auto reconnect if lost connection button.cool1 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Account missing Hey. This is my brothers account, my own account seems to be missing, i cant log in battle net cant detect it or find it in its database so im forced to use my brothers account to ask for help. Battlenet cannot find my email or anything so i cant even recover my account. Any ideas? here is a link to my account. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2168641/1/Shade/Legolas5 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Can't connect to battle.net? Okay so this has been happening for the past 2 days now. Everytime i try to log in into starcraft 2 it keeps telling me that i can't log into multiplayer cause of the service of starcraft 2 or its my internet connection. and clearly its not my connection because i can easily go onto the internet like right now. whats going on? can any one help me with this? xtrampagext2 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Trying to download 1.2 patch, keeps crashing So I recently bought a new laptop and went to install SC2 on it. Install went fine, system is more than capable of running the game, but trying to upgrade to the latest patch gets to 50% and crashes. I've run the program as an adminstrator, I've manually downloaded the patch and neither worked (the manual download doesn't seem to patch the game and the admin run does the same as regular). Any thoughts?Pirogoeth0 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Computer Question I'm in the process of buying a new laptop. I was just wondering how good it will do with SC2. Here are the specs. CPU Type Intel Core i5 460M(2.53GHz) Screen 14" Memory Size 4GB DDR3 Hard Disk 500GB Optical Drive DVD±R/RW Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 310M + Intel HD Communication LAN and WLAN Battery Life 4 hours Dimensions 13.50" x 9.37" x 1.04" - 1.26" Weight 4.70 lbs. CPU CPU Type Intel Core i5 CPU Speed 460M(2.53GHz) CPU Support 3MB L3 Cache Display Screen Size 14" Wide Screen Support Yes Resolution 1366 x 768 LCD Features LED backlight Operating Systems Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Graphics GPU/VPU NVIDIA GeForce 310M + Intel HD Graphic Type Hybrid Hard Drive HDD 500GB HDD RPM 5400rpm HDD Interface SATA Memory Memory 4GB Memory Speed DDR3 1066 Memory Type 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMMRevolution4 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Disconnections. 7th threads so far no answer I'm sick and tired of this. I will ask you one last time Blizz: get my disconnection fixed or I'm out to play anything else coz this game is unplayable. So far you sent me 5 "Leave feedback", 1 "What's exactly your problem?", 2 "Do this" and 1 "is it fixed?" emails. Not fixed a single thing. I'm begging the players all along, if you ever had the case where you are playing and suddenly you get a lag spike followed by a disconnection at random time of a match, that's my case, please help me fix it because the stupid Blizz support is wanting to get feedback instead of helping me. I'm dead serious Blizzard: if you give a !@!% about your players, HELLO I'M A !@!%ING PLAYER!, else bye bye Blizz! With regards.Minion2 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Hey Sixen http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27799759729HighVoltPIES0 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 starcraft and wow I have 2 different accounts one for starcraft and one for wow. Is there a way to merge the two accounts into one?Johnny2 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Weird Mic problems, Also other glitch First off, people are unable to hear me when I'm chatting through my mic. I've check all the settings for it and volumes up and all that seems fine. Mic test pics it up. The response bar next to the avatar responds, yet no one can hear me. Also my Match history has been buggy, showing games I've won as losses with no point deductions occasionally.Aquarian2 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Can this laptop run starcraft 2 smoothly? laptop is Asus G72GX-RBBX05. Specs Windows 7 Home Premium Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53Ghz nVidia GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 RAM 500GB HDD I heard some people say that the graphics card cant run starcraft 2 (if true any way to fix it?) i want to know if this laptop can run starcraft 2 without any framerate drops on at LEAST medium settingsJayLeeCH10 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Policy on extra programs while not in match? I contacted customer service regarding this question, and they told me to post on the forums. I have a question regarding the policy on the use of additional programs while not playing in a match. I have written a program that reads screen-shots of the score screen build order, and translates the information into a text file. Since a typical build order takes up multiple screens, I have to scroll through the score screen and take multiple screen-shots. Would it be a violation of any policy if I automated this clicking process? In other words, could I write a script that clicks on predetermined locations on my screen? Again, this would only be used on the score screen after games have been played, so I’m not gaining an unfair advantage of any kind. Thank you for the clarification.Azq1 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Trouble installing after digital download. I have not problems actually downloading the game but when the download is finished the sc2 menu doesn't show up and the 7 gb of data that just downloaded is nowhere to be found on my computer. I have no idea what could be the cause of this so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time and have a good day/night =DFlawless0 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Disconnect only on this account. This only happens when I click on a portrait or click anything other than single player on this account. I tried it on a guest account and it worked fine. When ever I click on a portrait my Bnet disconnects and reconnects. While this is happening if I alt tab out and refresh a page it also is disconnected. If I have a stream running it disconnects also. I just got a new router, could this be what's doing this? If that is it why does it only happen on this account? I have also been disconnecting from lots of matches so I am sticking to custom matches.BeardedClam4 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Screen Off Position When I first got the game I noticed that only a portion of the actual screen was being shown on my monitor. I changed the resolution, and it got a little better, but the 2nd time I changed it, it got worse. Now I can't see where the option to change the resolution is. What should I do?DrunkDemon0 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 Match History Problem Some of my wins do not show up in match history. This started with the last patch.Carpetman3 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 13, 2011 crashing on left 2 die custom map My sc2 keeps crashing randomly in the blizzard custom map left 2 die. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the map/sc2 cause I dont crash in other maps or in other games. What can I do to fix this?YouGotDead3 Feb 13, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 Cursor disappears midgame I was in the middle of a game, doing lots of clicking, when suddenly i must've clicked the wrong thing because my cursor disappeared. It seemed almost like a camera mode, because when I moved my mouse, the entire screen moved, but it was impossible for me to select or click anything with my mouse. I could only do keyboard commands. I tried clicking a combination of control and other letters (since I know control s toggles sound and what not and i figured this was something similar) Needless to say, I lost a ladder game because of it. WTF did I click, how do I turn that off in case I do it again, and why in god's name would that function even exist in the first place?Firehead1 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 "Starcraft 2 has stopped working"? I click on the icon on my desktop. It says "Starcraft 2 has stopped working". It just pulls up a black screen and this window pops up saying this. I've tried reinstalling this thing 4 times and I've tried to run as admin. If it helps, before it got this bad, before it would kick me in the middle of games and the whole thing would crash. What do I do?ZombiePanda4 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 Cached files Hello all, I've been looking to clear up some room on my computer, and I noticed that the Battle.net cache files take up a good 1GB of space on my C:\ drive. I was wondering if it would be safe to remove these files and have only the necessary files re-downloaded. The cache'd files are in two locations. I think they might be the same files copied into two different directories, because they both have the same total size (Around 411MB each). One of them is in C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache, and another one is C:\Users\All Users\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache. So, would it be safe to delete these two directories, and just have SC2 recreate it?Anung1 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 Dropping out of games?! Now this could be related to ports, as there was in a sticky, but then idt that there would have been match making. Anyways: Playing starcraft i can play the campaign on max settings, but when i go into multiplayer on minimum settings i drop out of the game after 2-3 minutes? here is my internet at school. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1153797080.png I do not know what is going on and could use some feedback.Powerful1 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 Should SC be making this noise? http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/yabot/ Play the second video, and go to about 2:25. My game, and this guys' game both make a strange ticking sound during a game countdown, does everyone have this?JAGX1 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 Help Please, can't log in!.. When I press connect to enter my password a box appears saying: "The game is awaiting a rsponse from battle.net. The service may be temporally unavaileble or your internet connection may be down, if you are not connected in a few moments, please check your internet connection and try again." It appears for like 5 seconds and then the game just shuts down...I know my internet connection is perfect.. Please help i want to play!! ThanksGetMeFueled1 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 Parental Controls play limits on SC2? I'm in college now and i've decided to use the parental controls on myself to limit to how much i can play it and focus more on school work. When i actully went to it the custom Play-Time Schedule that was there to decided what hours i'll limit myself to. It works only for WoW? Isn't there gonna be something similar for SC2 that'll be coming sooner or later? Edit: i couldn't decided if its best to put this here in tech support forums or the website/feedback. So i'll make a repost there.BlackRabies0 Feb 12, 2011
Feb 12, 2011 How do you reset hotkeys how do you reset hotkeys so that you can do control button + something other then 1 or 2 i know where to do it in the game but how do make the + symbolBlowgan0 Feb 12, 2011