Technical Support

Mar 14, 2011 What is wrong with this AAA title? It keeps lagging then dropping me.. First off: No. its not drivers, they are all up to date including mobo so just don't. Now. My computer runs Crysis with no problem, and my internet has not been cutting out or anything prior to trying to play SC2 lately. Just before SC2 I was on steam and had no problem with ping whatsoever, I even downloaded part of a game with top speed. I used Speedtest also to make sure it was not on my end. I am using a GTX 460 1GB, is there any recorded problems with SC2 and that card? It seems to be GPU related see it as in task manager my CPUs are not being taxed or even maxed out, all seems normal and my ram is not spiking. I noticed some tearing on SC2 (and SC2 alone), which seems new. Is there any possible causes or fixes for this? I will restate that this problem is unique to SC2 and does not affect any higher-demanding games or software. This hard drive is freshly formatted and SC2 was the first of only 5 programs installed to it.ALEXANDER2 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Can't join some chat channels I was in the middle of a KOTH series and somehow got booted from the chat channel I was in. I double click to rejoin the channel but nothing happens, so I try a different channel. It also does not connect. I go on down the list and notice that I can connect to some but not all. Any ideas why this is? A b.net issue maybe?Tyrant6 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Chat Channel Will Not Open I've been in and out of the public chat channel "Looking for Team" 1 and 2 etc. There are several different channels by number. For some reason Looking for Team 1 will not open anymore. I can only enter into Looking for Team 2 or greater. When I try to enter into 1 it just hangs and does nothing. This started 3 days ago and has never worked again thanks. BTW I'm on the LA servers and the group on those servers is the first in the list and is called "Buscando Equipo 1". Thanks, Tyler TySa7 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 General Chat Problem I can join every public chat channel except General Chat. Yesterday night I was able to go into General Chat but not General Chat 1. And now I cant go in at all. What's the problem? How can I fix it?Juice6 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Chat Channel Stuck I'm with a group of players, not organized enough to be a team or guild or whatever and we have a chat channel armyofnoobs. Everyone else sees me in the channel, but I can't see the channel or window, for all I can tell I"m not in it and can't join it. anyone know what's up? J.Jevot3 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Problems with joining certain chat channels Hey guys, having the same chat channel connectivity problems. Was in a ladder game, said the achiemvent server disconnected then reconnected, and since that game i've been unable to join the chat channels that I was in before I had entered the game and got disconnected. Anyone else have this problem as of late?Xelsiar11 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Demoted with getting back my 650 points? Greetings, I was reclassified (lowered) a league from masters to diamond without getting my 650 points back. I was promoted when I had 3660 rating of diamond league and then after masters got 3095. I played acouple of games and got reclassified when I was aobut 3050. Why did you not refund me my point back? Why was I reclassified I only lost about 45-55 points in total!!!!???? Please explain or fix this problem and refund me my 650 points right away. You can check my history of wining in the profile to prove my point. Thank you.PhyzX1 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 SC2 cant play offline versus AI hey all i was excited when this game came out so i bought it and i live in Latin america but im from canada, so i got the LA version wich i found out a little later that you have to pay to play online and thats ridiculous cause the US and NA versions u dont have to and i cant even play offline against the AI this is retarded why did i spend money on this, is ther anyway an admin can change my region or copy of the game to north american version so i can play online unlimited amount of time and also play with the AI.Loke1 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Chat frozen I alt-tabbed when i quit a custom game, and when i went back to the game, all the chats were closed on my screen and i couldnt reopen them. I closed the entire game and logged backed in and still couldnt open them (only the chats i had been in prior, i can still open new chats). I messaged a friend and he told me i was still in the chats. Help?Aardvarke22 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 My solution for FPS drop!!! finally!!!! After reading most of threads and making sure everything was up to date, I've finally found solution for my fps drop problem. My specs are: C2Q 9200 @ 3ghz HD6850 6gb ram Win XP playing at 1080p. Now with those specs the game should NOT drop in below 5 fps during semi heavy battles with maybejust 200 units on screen. I don't have any issues in other games on max settings and i've already lowered all cpu settings to minimum in sc2 settings and same results. with not much improvement when gpu settings were on low, it seemed like it was definitely cpu issue. however my cpu is not really slow. anyway here is the key: I went into bios and turned OFF all speed step and power saving features for the CPU. My motherboard is Abit p35 E so your settings might vary. However after the change, now fps NEVER drops below 35 even in heavy battles and stays in 60fps mostly. and settings are mostly kept in ultra except physics , effects, relfection on medium. The new patch must have tweaked how sc2 works with CPU and probably there are some mistakes for "older" c2d and c2q cpus. I hope it gets fixed on next patch since non of my other software are having this issue. I still lose though :D TylerdurdeN5 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Need computer suggestions that run sc2 good. At least runs smooth, and Has at least Medium or Low graphics. I found this refurbished computer on best buy and thats like the cheapest i can get it for, but im not sure if it can run sc2 how i want it to run. So can any of you people tell me if this comp is good :3 thanks :) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Factory-Refurbished+Pavilion+Desktop+/+AMD+Athlon%26%23153%3B+II+Processor+/+5GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/2181128.p?id=1218312947581&skuId=2181128AequS8 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Patch Download Problems Hi, When I try to start the game I run into the patch loop involving Tools Update 2.1.2.2159 where it simply just keeps installing the same patch again and again. My internet settings have been checked, and the game is running as an admin. I have tried manually downloading the patch twice, but when I try to open it, it says " The patch "S2.Win.16939\pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x2F17E77E5D022AE25446C07E698B4377, actual 0x8DA0B2B0F9B4E1B496D94F4F2BC68410.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)" How do I fix this?baum1 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Installation Error So after having many, many crashes (which came out of no where, considering the game was running smoothly before for a while), I decided to uninstall, and pull out the disk that is STILL in amazing condition, and has absolutely no scratches, and try to install, but when I get to about 2%, I receive this error: The installer was unable to read the file "fileset.IX86\Versions\Base15405\SC2.exe". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute() I've done a chkdsk and didn't receive any errors. This is getting on my nerves.Ricky4 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Can't update? I've been unable to play SC2 because whenever I try to patch the "Tools Update 2.1.2.2159", I get this error: Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Support\Battle.net.dll". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at <unknown>--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 0.) : DecompressJob::Execute() I've tried the repair tool, reinstalling, and checking the support site, nothing's working.Clash3 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Intense Lag and Disconnect I've had no problems with lag for the last couple months since I got the game but recently, I've been getting occasional lag at seemingly random times. The screen would freeze while the sound skipped or looped. This used to happen to me when I played Counterstrike as well. But here are my specs Intel Core i3 M330 4GB RAM Windows 7 Intel Graphis Media Accelerator HDHiLoPicoLo1 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 I got an internet issue..... This thread may not be in the right category but plz help me....... My wireless router is good it's connected but doesnt allow you to get on the internet or play sc2,instead i spend hours trying to fix it but when i do it disconnects Venom0 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Periodic immediate disconnect/reconnect I've been away for some time and i've just come back after a significant hiatus hoping this issue would be resolved. I just got disconnected and would like to know if any progress has been made. I play, i get a disconnect -> achievements disabled (not even prompted to relogin) and an immediate reconnect. but this immediately boots me from a game. I found this thread but nothing seems to have come of it. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/801651293Highstead0 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 "players found" but game wont start for the past few days i cannot play a single multiplayer game.. it just shows players found and just stays like this forever. what can i do to fix this?EmoKiaX1 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 SC2 Client Downloading Problems. Whenever trying to download the SC2 download client off battlenet, there's always a message that stops the download and is somoething along the lines of "The download is not correctly authorized" Then I would have to restart and pray it won't stop. Bathory4 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Problems with Battle.net Connection In the past few days I have been experiencing problems playing Starcraft 2 (my internet seems fine as I do not have any problems on the internet outside of Starcraft 2). About every 2 minutes that I am online the game tells me I have disconnected from battle.net and is trying to reconnect, this usually takes about 2-5 seconds. If I am in the menus, it will have a pop-up stopping me from doing anything and half the time when this goes away (I have "reconnected") the screen is still darkened and all I can do is hit escape and exit the game through the menu that pops up (somehow I can click on this). If I am in a game, it will usually let me play fine while the game tries to tell me in the bottom left that I am disconnecting and reconnecting. Occasionally this will bring up the lagging menu to show players that are lagging and I can even type in this to the other players I am playing with (they can respond to me while I am "lagging"). I have also been experiencing several crashes in the battle.net menus. Are these problems all connected? Is there a way for me to easily fix these on my own (Basically everyone I have talked to in-game claims they have not encountered these issues themselves)?Klavor0 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 14, 2011 Waiting for server dialogue The original sticky said the post count was maxed out so I am posting my issue here. I just got this problem. It happened at 1700 PST on 13 March during a 1v1 match on the map Delta Quadrant. The match was 2:09 long. I just sat there for a while hoping it would go away... it did not. Previous to this problem I have been getting lag problems. My FPS is over 100 so its not that kind of lag but its a stuttering type of lag. I checked on Pingtest.net and saw no dropped packets and good ping to several different servers as well as good bandwidth. I even tested during game while the issue was occuring with positive results from Pingtest.net. Also a tracert of us.logon.battle.net had no issues. Any help would be appreciated.StreetWise0 Mar 14, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Explain why 8800gt > HD 4870 Seriously, isnt the HD 4870 supposed to be better than the 8800gt? Im getting serious FPS issues here. WAAY significantly less fps. Ingame 1v1 i always had 60 fps on extreme with 8800gt Ingame 1v1 with HD 4870 im getting 25 - 30? wtf?KingOfTaurus11 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Screen Tearing So i'm running a MSI GeForce N460GTX Cyclone 768D5 OC video card and i'm having a big problem with screen tearing. lowing my graphics settings and turning on v-sync doesn't seem to help. Drivers seem up to date (nvidia 266.58) Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to fix this? Please feel free to ask me for more info on my comp if needed. I'll be checking this post often. ThanksWaug0 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Replays won't save i haven't been able to save my replays since about a month ago i tried clearing my folder and changing the name of the folder but it still didnt work and my time is accurate so i don't know what's wrong. someone help pleaseFTxZephyR3 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Game will not install. Period. Update 12-24 --------------update------------- Game still will not even install. AutoRun crashes within a few seconds. After windows verifyies that i want to run it, it then crashes and this is the 'details' on the msg... Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Installer.exe Application Version: 4.1.1.4219 Application Timestamp: 4bf57b11 Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll Fault Module Version: 7.0.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bda6f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00009b60 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 ------------------End Update-------------- I bought this game on launch. Played it until the recent updates. I opened SC2 one day, and it started to DL the next patch....then it jumped to 100%, and then crashed. I tried it again, same thing. Rebooted, same thing. I then tried the "repair" option, it said everything was fine. But game would still crash after trying to DL update. I have now tried uninstalling the game, but now it won't let me reinstall, the installer instantly crashes 2 seconds after i open it. As far as i'm away, there have been no software changes since the time it was working fine, and when it stopped. Any ideas, this $60 paperweight is getting annoying now that i'm coming up o a bit more free time to play....or wish i could play...aLaneShift19 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Can't sign in to Battle.net? I recently upgraded my PC, and after installing Starcraft II, I cannot log into Battle.net from the menu screen. My account is active and good, but the connect button will not light up. Help?Hardcore2 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Can't find a game When I press 'Find Game' nothing happens. I get no "searching for game" thing that I can cancel etc just nothing is there. Anyone else have this issue? This happens on all my accounts in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 etcOsiris2 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 How do I report this guy for Map Hacking? http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/149502-2v2-terran-protoss-zerg-typhon-peaks So am I wrong or was Mojojojo map hacking his A#@ off...pretty sure his partner was as well Cizor... I know im only Gold and not the best zerg but this really does ruin ladder matches for me. Anyway to get these guys banned? Or is Battlenet kinda "meh" about itEnderWiggin6 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Patch error pop up? Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Assets\Assets\Doodads\NewFolsomFlameGeyser\NewFolsomFlameGeyser_02.m3". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at C:\--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The error code was 5.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ReadJob::Execute) This is what pops up when It patches, and it stops at 96% is there anyway I can fix this? I did the repair thing and it said nothing is wrong. Someone please help, Thanks in advanced.RetreatHell1 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Install Directory Question I just got a major ram upgrade which warranted an upgrade to windows 7 64-bit. My question is there a performance difference if I install the game in Program Files instead of Program Files (x86)? Also if someone would be so kind as to help explain the differences in between them so I don't have to ask this question again. Thanks in advance!DrDoctor1 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Fullscreen or windowed (fullscreen) ? Hi everyone, as the header says, which one do you prefer? Are there any performance hits from going windowed (fullscreen) or even bugfixes? Im interested as Im finding it hard to figure out what settings and setup actually does best on a low/medium power computer. thanksJellyFish2 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 SLI and Matchmaking I have 2 EVGA GTX460's, both are 1GB. When I attempt to run Starcraft II with them I get decreased performance as compared to running with just one of them. Is SCII optimized for SLI yet? I have read about people with 480s in SLI being fine and getting the increased performance, so not sure what is going on here. I also got demoted from 2v2 RT Diamond League when I was in 3rd place. I lost 3 in a row and it kicked me back down to Plat, this is the second time this has happened to me. Any explanations for this?dyscreet8 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 For the love of god. B.Net is killing me here. i get to enjoy the game for a bit, then I get hammered with like 10 ZvZs in a row. This happens time and time again. Please ... make ... it ... stop! (half serious, half joking, half QQ.) fanboi6 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Starcraft 2 not responding/Wont read. I was playing starcraft 2 last night and i had to close it for some reason. When i try and open it again, then it would open, and it said "not responding" and it would ask me to close the programm. I used the repair application , and after it was done, i try and open the game. The patch update poped up , trying to update to the last patch (that i already had) .. And it would just get stuck in 0 % and did nothing. This morning i tried againd and had no luck. I uninstall the game, and try and install it again. But it wont read the cd. When i tell it to run the installer , then it wont do anything. I also tried unpligin my internet and turning off my computer, and then trying again, ut nothing works. I have make sure my computer its clean of viruses. But i cant make it work. Please help!XASUMA4 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 a color problem in game play i am always green all my allies are yellow and all my opponents are red i used the repair but it didn't help how can i fix this?themachine2 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Terrible Spiking On US client. Fine on SEA. Hi Technical Support. I am from Brisbane Aus and I am just having a really tough time playing on the US client. I normally play on SEA but there are many more customs on US. Trying to connect after typing my logon is visibly slower and the whole game is much more clunkier. My game is jumping every 2-3 secs on the dot in customs and ladder matches. SEA client at the moment has no problems and its working great. To be honest it seems like the connection has been spiking since the earthquake in japan and I was wondering if there was anything I could do. I have forwarded my ports, checked firewalls and antivirus. Any more information I can provide let me know! Cheers, EDIT: Happening on Wow now too :( Wasn't happening yesterday EDIT2: Seems like it could be my ISP, A few others on Telstra are getting the same problems with anything from EU or the US, the Connection to singapore seems to be fine!Dramacraft0 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Mouse issue. Help plz. I'm experiencing a weird mouse problem. Don't know what is causing it and i didn't know how to explain it so i made a video. i just built a new computer and have been trying to get a stream set up. My appologees for the stream being the wrong resolution i can't seem to get VHscrcap to capture 1920x1080. SO half the screen is cut off but you should be able to see the problem i am having. http://www.justin.tv/monox1de/b/280803543 This ALMOST makes the game unplayable but i can really use some help with the issue. AS u can see the buildings are not where my mouse pointer is at all times. They glitch to the side as i slide the mouse pointer to try to position buildings. any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.Monoxide4 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 Check my dxdiag I am having bad problems (thx ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/12/2011, 13:24:17 Machine name: CODY-NLJKU153Y6 Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2 (3790.srv03_sp2_gdr.100216-1301) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Acer System Model: Aspire 6930G BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 4090MB RAM Page File: 1563MB used, 4310MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 5.03.3790.3959 32bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab: No problems found. Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Music Tab: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. Network Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a) DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 9600M GS DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0648&SUBSYS_015E1025&REV_A1 Display Memory: 512.0 MB Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor: Default Monitor Monitor Max Res: Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6658 (English) DDI Version: 9 (or higher) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 1/7/2011 19:27:00, 10354688 bytes WHQL Logo'd: n/a WHQL Date Stamp: n/a VDD: n/a Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys Mini VDD Date: 1/7/2011 19:27:00, 12390272 bytes Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4508-11CF-9769-522100C2CB35} Vendor ID: 0x10DE Device ID: 0x0648 SubSys ID: 0x015E1025 Revision ID: 0x00A1 Revision ID: 0x00A1 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch Registry: OK DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled DDraw Test Result: Not run D3D7 Test Result: Not run D3D8 Test Result: Not run D3D9 Test Result: Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description: Realtek HD Audio output Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1025015E&REV_1002 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: RTKHDA64.SYS Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6194 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: n/a Date and Size: 9/3/2010 15:20:18, 6081128 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. HW Accel Level: Full Cap Flags: 0xF5F Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 192000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 30 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 30 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, Yes Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No Registry: OK Sound Test Result: Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description: Realtek HD Audio Input Default Sound Capture: Yes Default Voice Capture: Yes Driver Name: RTKHDA64.SYS Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6194 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 9/3/2010 15:20:18, 6081128 bytes Cap Flags: 0x41 Format Flags: 0xCC0AKAelite3 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 13, 2011 CPU or GPU Bottleneck - Any point in SLI I've spent a couple hours now doing research on performance for various CPUs and GPUs in SC2 as well as a few other games I've played but one thing I haven't been able to conclusively determine is whether I should expect any performance boost by adding a second, SLI'd graphics card and if so, how exactly. Here's some details. CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE (3.4Ghz) GPU: Gigabyte GTX-460 1GB @ 715mhz (core), GV-N460OC-1GI RAM: 8GB 1333mhz DDR3 My display resolution's going to be capped at 1920x1080 as I'm using a 1080p LCD TV as a monitor, so I'm not going to be pushing crazy resolutions. At the moment, I can get 40-60FPS in most games at ultimate but leave texture quality at High as I often play a little more demanding maps like SotIS and like to maintain a higher framerate. So basically, if I throw in a second, SLI'd GTX 460, can I expect... 1. Better framerates with maxed out settings, or is my CPU the bottleneck? 2. If my CPU is the bottleneck, would I still be able to force AA without a FPS hit since that is more GPU than CPU intensive? Even better yet, does anybody have a comparable CPU and 2x GTX 460s, and are you willing to share your settings (both in-game and in NVidea Control Panel) as well as typical FPS? Thank you in advance, -LagosLagos2 Mar 13, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 paged pool memory "Your computer is running low on paged pool memory. Visual quality may degrade. To improve performance, some of your graphics settings have been adjusted automatically. Manually lowering your graphics settings further and restarting StarCraft II or closing other applications may also help". Truth be told i have no idea what paged pool memory is so i googled it and (even though i may sound stupid) i cant understand it because it sounds so complicated so can someone... Explain what paged pool memory is to me as if i were 10 Tell me if this is serious Tell me if there is a simple fix to the problem and if so what is itgothian2 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 EVGA GTX 460SE 1GB not working. I keep lagging/getting dropped. I will get the scapegoats out of the way first. 1. Internet connection is fine, no ping issues on Steam games and earlier was downloading at full speed with Steam. 2. This is unique to Starcraft 2, I have had no issues with Crysis, Crysis 2 (Demo), GTA4 (maxed) etc. 3. The drivers are again, up-to-date. Everything from mobo to LAN has a driver that is up to date, so "no" ahead of time. 4. SC2 had no issues with my Ati 4850. 5. This is a freshly reformatted hard drive with a fresh install of windows and SC2 is one of like 5 softwares installed on the current drive which is 7200rpm 500gb. Okay, all this is out of the way now. What can I do to have my AAA $60 title work? I have seen lots of unresolved posts regarding the GTX 460, and blues stating that "it will be fixed", but those posts have a date of 2010, so is there a fix?ALEXANDER7 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 Bad Fps At The Worst Of Times - Please Help I have a Gateway P-7811FX Laptop. I have all of my video settings on the lowest possible. My laptop is set to High Performance I upgraded to windows 7, here are my computer specs, if you need anymore information please let me know. I guess I am basically just looking for tips of some sort to maybe improve my fps. At the moment I can only play 1v1 without my fps effecting my gameplay. Another possible problem could be it tends to overheat, but sometimes it's really not all that bad. (Heat Wise) Running 1280x720 Resolution (On Sc2) Windows 7 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz 2.27 GHz 4 Gigs Of Ram 64-bit Operating System Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS graphics with 512.0 MB GDDR3 SDRAM Now if there is no way I can improve FPS, would anyone have a clue about how I could possibly upgrade my laptop? What would be the best specs to upgrade? Looking for really experienced answers. Thanks ALOT regardless of how this ends up for me! I will be checking this thread occasionally throughout the day.Myke22 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 Low fps just now. My pc is not the best but I put in low settings and would get 45+ fps but now when I join custom games I get way low fps. Is there anyway to fix this problem or tweak to make it run better. ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/12/2011, 13:24:17 Machine name: CODY-NLJKU153Y6 Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2 (3790.srv03_sp2_gdr.100216-1301) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Acer System Model: Aspire 6930G BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 4090MB RAM Page File: 1563MB used, 4310MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 5.03.3790.3959 32bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab: No problems found. Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Music Tab: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. Network Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a) DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 9600M GS DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0648&SUBSYS_015E1025&REV_A1 Display Memory: 512.0 MB Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor: Default Monitor Monitor Max Res: Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6658 (English) DDI Version: 9 (or higher) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 1/7/2011 19:27:00, 10354688 bytes WHQL Logo'd: n/a WHQL Date Stamp: n/a VDD: n/a Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys Mini VDD Date: 1/7/2011 19:27:00, 12390272 bytes Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4508-11CF-9769-522100C2CB35} Vendor ID: 0x10DE Device ID: 0x0648 SubSys ID: 0x015E1025 Revision ID: 0x00A1 Revision ID: 0x00A1 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D Deinterlace Caps: {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {6CB69578-7617-4637-91E5-1C02DB810285}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch Registry: OK DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled DDraw Test Result: Not run D3D7 Test Result: Not run D3D8 Test Result: Not run D3D9 Test Result: Not run AKAelite1 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 "Blizzard Updater has stopped working" When I open the game, it goes to update to patch 2.1.2.2159. It says there are no problems detected, and it quickly reaches 100%. It then crashes and gives me the error "Blizzard Updater has stopped working" Under view problem details, here is what I see: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Blizzard Updater.exe Application Version: 4.1.1.4697 Application Timestamp: 4d2f5620 Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695 Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7ab86 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00046892 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: abcc Additional Information 2: abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9 Additional Information 3: abcc Additional Information 4: abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9 I used the repair tool with no luck. And I also looked through the bug fixes thread to see if anyone else has had this problem. But doing a search came up with nothing related to "Blizzard Updater has stopped working" I can give you guys my computer specs, if you need them. Just let me know. Thanks. Scarecrow1 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 How do you save online replays and open them I couldn't find another post on this and if there is, please direct me to it. I have some online replays that I want to download and watch from mediafire but I don't know how to save it. It always brings me back to my starcraft game. Could someone tell me how to save and watch replays? P.S. I have windows 7CeLeStNOVA0 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 New Graphics Card Needed Hey guys, I need a new graphics card for my computer, and I'm not sure which one to get. It's doing this right now.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj_5VIljifI Here are my specs: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.21 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO (768 MB) ASUSTeK M2N-MX SE Plus Please help me out! Right now, I'm thinking of getting http://cgi.ebay.com/Asus-nVidia-GeForce-GTX460-GTX-460-768MB-OC-Video-Card-/190431012613?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item2c5692a705 or http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00446CJDM/ref=nosim/7240466-rg2304-00-20?s=merchant&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER Will my other drivers be able to support the new graphics card? Oh! I'm thinking of running on high/ultra settings.. please give me all opinions! Thank youSyKo4 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 When I try loading a match, it crashes. I get this message every time. I've run repair only once. ================================================================================ ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) occurred at 001B:5D52AB62. The memory at '0x066BC000' could not be written. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- That's in the crash log. Not only does it crash, but it's also been counting losses against my score. Is there anyone that can fix this?Impulse2 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 Wont patch after install soloution!! right after i installed the game and opened the aplication it went to patch and upto 50% the exits me out the patcher and when i start it again it does the same thing but i found the soloution i have a windows vista ultimate just start up task manager go to processes and look for installer.exe and in description make sure it says somthing about blizzard then stop its processes and start sc2 again and patching will go truTonyAce1 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 PAX lag? Hi, at PAX it seems that there is a lot of lag on BNet. I heard that the PAX ips were blacklisted or something like that. Can it be fixed so we can get a smooth day of games tomorrow? Thanks!FoBuLouS0 Mar 12, 2011
Mar 12, 2011 (BLUE!) Graphical flickers cover whole screen Niv geforce 7800 gtx, 2 gig ram, (had 1 gig and it happened, upgraded to 2 gig) when i play the game, if i use high templar, its cape gets super long and flickers the whole screen continuously or something, maybe the shadow of the cape, but its a whole mess of stuff like ass if it was coming at you giving you a seizure if i play zerg, the creep or layer covers the screen its on with just a plain greyish purple flickering on and off and you cant see the units under the mess. im thinking its because of the shadows since sometimes the shadows turn the actual game setting to night and day, like as if it was suddenly night time and then regular, then night time. but i cant turn off shadows, anyone else have this problem and know a fix? i turned my graphics down from high and medium and did all kinds of works, but it still happens heres what it looks like, but worse like sometimes strobes and reflects on whatever angle is facing me: http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt18/oblivian/graphicswtf.jpg http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt18/oblivian/graphicswtf2.jpg heres my comp infro: http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt18/oblivian/compinfo.jpg Conclusion EDIT: I FIXeD IT!! http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/comments/nvidia-drivers-no-longer-kills-starcraft-2/ i guess i either downgraded or installed a diff version or something cause when i was installing it said it didnt pass microsoft's logo test, but i installed anyways and now no more flickers!! NiveK48 Mar 12, 2011